[RELEASE] Territory Daze

Ugh, to anyone that is going to play as the AWA, go into the editor and give Kent a Written deal for at least a year. It's one thing to lose him, but evidently, the AI has gotten a little bit better vs 2010 as they go Chemistry/Experience hunting now (My biggest annoyance in 10 was the AI seemed to revel in breaking up my tag teams. Never hire both, just steal one of them even if they kept picking the worse one.). WWWF stole Kent via Written deal (I was going to lose him via Exc. PPA deal unless I almost doubled his pay anyway), and he was on the roster for one day before they offered O'Neill (AWA's Announcer) too. They have a much better one already which is why I know it was based on their experience together. Hell, I hired an unemployed Announcer that was 10 points better to replace him, but it's a little jarring to be playing an historical mod only to have nobody on the original announce team there for at least one Supercard show. Not to mention that Poffo isn't thrilled with a CC push, though I edited him to Sometimes on CC which will hopefully fix it. You're on bad time decline Poffo so it is this, or you're fired!

Yay to loads and loads of negative road agent comments about low announce team experience.:(

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the things are going?

I have some suggetions again.

1. I was always curious why maddog vachon always only work for CWF, it comes out he is too over and refuse to work for any regional company. Same as Mil maskaras in previous version. I think his popularity in Canada makes him think regional companies are too small for him.

2. About occasional wrestlers...I am still playing JCP, and 56 years old occasional wrestler George Becker want to be on every shows. I mean, literally EVERY shows. My god he takes 500$ from me as bonus EVERY week. I dont complain about it because he is so popular in our territory, but there are too many occasional wrestlers that are not actually being occasional. For example, Brute Benard is one of occasional wrestlers in my current company. But in real he did a lot of title matches as a main eventer in 70s. In my memory he was always fighting against Baba or Inoki after Murphy is gone. I heard somewhere that occasional wrestlers are someone like old sgt slaughter. But, Benard was far more active than that. maybe also hans schmidt, and many other who is semi-active in the mod.

George Becker..when the time is come, I will make one of my opener Moondog Mayne squash him.

how the things are going?

I have some suggetions again.

1. I was always curious why maddog vachon always only work for CWF, it comes out he is too over and refuse to work for any regional company. Same as Mil maskaras in previous version. I think his popularity in Canada makes him think regional companies are too small for him.

Yeah, that's probably why. I'll fiddle with his popularity a little and lower it to a level whereby he doesn't consider himself better than a regional company. I know why it's high - because he's one of the most famous people in Canada - but I don't know why it's that high. I mean the promotions in Canada barely hit 70/75 in popularity themselves and the promotions in The Maritimes and Quebec certainly don't so I think I must have been high myself when I did that. xD

2. About occasional wrestlers...I am still playing JCP, and 56 years old occasional wrestler George Becker want to be on every shows. I mean, literally EVERY shows. My god he takes 500$ from me as bonus EVERY week. I dont complain about it because he is so popular in our territory, but there are too many occasional wrestlers that are not actually being occasional. For example, Brute Benard is one of occasional wrestlers in my current company. But in real he did a lot of title matches as a main eventer in 70s. In my memory he was always fighting against Baba or Inoki after Murphy is gone. I heard somewhere that occasional wrestlers are someone like old sgt slaughter. But, Benard was far more active than that. maybe also hans schmidt, and many other who is semi-active in the mod.

George Becker..when the time is come, I will make one of my opener Moondog Mayne squash him.

George Becker actually has something in his contract called an "Intended Role" which is set to "Icon" which which means he wants to appear on almost every show and is less tolerant of defeats. As you can tell, this was done on purpose because that's how it was in real life. As he was the head booker of Jim Crockett Promotions at this time, he'd obviously book himself well. He was still a full-time wrestler in 1970 but started winding down his career in 1971 which is why I set him to semi-active because otherwise he'll probably just retire and some point and leave you in the lurch. You should be able to solve your issues with him by simply renegotiating his contract, paying close attention to his "Intended Role". Is there anyone else in particular you have this problem with because I do recall adding a couple of "Intended Roles" (they're not all "Icons") so it may explain a couple of your issues because "Intended Roles" can mean a couple of different things like someone may actually be happy putting other people over and stuff like that.

I probably decided to make Giant Bernard a semi-active wrestler on his age (late 40s) rather than his actual career because you're right, he was still pretty active on the wrestling circuit at this time but obviously relied a lot more on his look and brawling ability rather than any wrestling ability or athleticism at this point. That said, I'm willing to make him an active wrestler; I'm not against have a 40+ person still being active. And the same applies to Hans Schmidt but as I said before about George Becker, they're more likely to simply retire at some point whereas a semi-active wrestler will carry on for a while.

You might want to look into adding this gu:

The Mummy

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/bios/m/mummy/

He's in there under the name "Benji Ramirez" with "The Mummy" as an alter ego. :) Although he became more successful under The Mummy moniker in a couple of different regions, he used his real name more widely and is therefore in the database under that name.

Last year,there was a poll for 'best freak wrestlers of showa era' in a japanese wrestling magazine.

And the Mummy was ranked 2th. That is higher than The Sheik(3rd) and other monsters like Abdullah the butcher, Brute Benard and Ox vaker.

Considering he was actually a jobber in Japan, it can be said that this gimmick had huge impact.

I still remember the fearful feeling when I first saw his picture on a kid magazine. It was a trauma for me.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say great work on this. I deleted the 2nd Dale Martin tv show and added Drew McDonald as a future worker before starting. Never been one for diaries with pics or long match text, but might chuck up something using this for a laugh after running a month.

Quick edit to say I couldn't be bothered running the two shows, though the World of Sport should have been shown on a Saturday. My taped on Wed and shown Sat is therefore wrong.

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to say great work on this. I deleted the 2nd Dale Martin tv show and added Drew McDonald as a future worker before starting. Never been one for diaries with pics or long match text, but might chuck up something using this for a laugh after running a month.

Quick edit to say I couldn't be bothered running the two shows, though the World of Sport should have been shown on a Saturday. My taped on Wed and shown Sat is therefore wrong.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you; I did read your post when you first replied but I obviously forgot to respond. I have revised Joint Promotions' television/show schedule and World of Sport is now "taped" on a Wednesday and shown on a Saturday afternoon while Saturday Sportstime is shown live on a Saturday evening. I actually found a Radio Times (basically an old TV schedule if you're not British and don't know what that is) from 1969 in my fathers attic so I'm confident it's more accurate this way. You're free to delete one or the other though if you're not happy having two shows. Also, I've added Drew McDonald to my "To Add" list. xD

I have to say great mod. Though I am noticing your missing Ron Fuller in the database.

Thank you, it always means a lot coming from fellow mod-makers. I was bound to miss one of the Welch/Fuller/Golden/Fields clan because there are so many of 'em. As with Drew McDonald, Ron Fuller has been added to my "To Add" list.

Just a quick update while I'm here; I've added a number of new workers and the number now stands at 1,133 (I'm not sure how many there were in the last update) but I obviously have to add Drew McDonald and Ron Ruller, but I also have four Japanese workers (announcers/colour commentators I believe) that I want to add. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in contact with lovegun77 who has helped me with Japanese workers previously so I'm not sure how far I'll get with them but I haven't given up yet. As for the skill changes that I mentioned previously (going through everyone and upgrading them), I haven't got very far (I'm doing them in alphabetical order and I'm on Al Nicol. xD) but I've been busy with Shifting Sands. As I said at a previous date, the next update is much more likely to come out for the next instalment of Total Extreme Wrestling anyway so there certainly isn't a rush. :)

Just a quick update while I'm here; I've added a number of new workers and the number now stands at 1,133 (I'm not sure how many there were in the last update) but I obviously have to add Drew McDonald and Ron Ruller, but I also have four Japanese workers (announcers/colour commentators I believe) that I want to add. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in contact with lovegun77 who has helped me with Japanese workers previously so I'm not sure how far I'll get with them but I haven't given up yet. As for the skill changes that I mentioned previously (going through everyone and upgrading them), I haven't got very far (I'm doing them in alphabetical order and I'm on Al Nicol. xD) but I've been busy with Shifting Sands. As I said at a previous date, the next update is much more likely to come out for the next instalment of Total Extreme Wrestling anyway so there certainly isn't a rush. :)

You had 1,104 workers in the 2.00 Update, Mammoth :o

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MartinC" data-cite="MartinC" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>where can I find the pick pack?</div></blockquote><p> The file is still there (on the links I've provided) but MediaFire is having some difficulties I believe. I'll give them a day or two to try and fix it but if they can't, I'll have to do an impromptu update. If that doesn't work, I'll try uploading the updated database/picture pack to a different host. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it's unfortunately out of my hands at the moment.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It seems to be working for me now.</div></blockquote><p> Yeah, me too. I told you MediaFire would fix it. xD</p>

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say I've really enjoyed this MOD.

Someone already mentioned the omission of Ron Fuller, but can you also try to add the Moondogs (Spot and Spike). Spot aka Larry Latham and teamed with Wayne Ferris (aka Honky Tonk Man) as the Blond Bombers before he was a Moondog - that was the team that tore up Tupelo in a famous late 70's concession stand brawl. Spike used the name Dizzy Golden in Texas (teaming with brother Mike) until George Barnes brought him to Memphis to help his feud against former partner Bill Dundee.

someone mentioned the large AWA roster and how they were actually different groups for different cities. Can they be divided up in divisions to capture this concept? (Minneapolis division and Chicago division - give each their own TV show and weekly or monthly spot show, then let them combine for the Month End show). Don't know if its possible, just a random thought.

AWA was very active with 3 long world title runs. Gagne 16, Bill Watts 14, Dr X 15 (poor Crusher only had 2 defenses). Their tag titles were vacated twice when one co-holder bolted for a written deal in a new Cult company,

I love how so many of the big stars are true rookies that no one has heard of - and you capture that with 0 popularity for them and they have to earn it.

AFTER one year, Killer Karl Kox was named wrestler of the year.

WSS was the best promotion (and an 86 rated event that was tops). Buddy Colt beats Jack Brisco in the Match of the year (95), Buddy Rogers was the best manager and Gordon Solie of course was the top announcer.

top 10 just for info: Kox, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Murdoch, Mad Dog Vachon, Buddy Colt, Dory Funk Jr, Bill Watts, Inoki, Sammartino, Harley Race

one other note: Dory Funk Jr never defended the NWA World title. Not even once. Just curious if possible to add the Missouri title to St. Louis? It was vacated in 1956 and brought back in 1972, so you're just moving up history a couple years. Dory has conflicts with other groups he's with and never wrestled in STL the entire year.

one last historical note: Bruno Sammartino's year long WWF world title reign ended in December at the hands of Toru Tanaka. Tanaka lost his first defense to Killer Kowalski

want to know anything else, ask.......but wanted to say thanks for a very fun Mod and history lesson

I just wanted to say I've really enjoyed this MOD.

Someone already mentioned the omission of Ron Fuller, but can you also try to add the Moondogs (Spot and Spike). Spot aka Larry Latham and teamed with Wayne Ferris (aka Honky Tonk Man) as the Blond Bombers before he was a Moondog - that was the team that tore up Tupelo in a famous late 70's concession stand brawl. Spike used the name Dizzy Golden in Texas (teaming with brother Mike) until George Barnes brought him to Memphis to help his feud against former partner Bill Dundee.

someone mentioned the large AWA roster and how they were actually different groups for different cities. Can they be divided up in divisions to capture this concept? (Minneapolis division and Chicago division - give each their own TV show and weekly or monthly spot show, then let them combine for the Month End show). Don't know if its possible, just a random thought.

AWA was very active with 3 long world title runs. Gagne 16, Bill Watts 14, Dr X 15 (poor Crusher only had 2 defenses). Their tag titles were vacated twice when one co-holder bolted for a written deal in a new Cult company,

I love how so many of the big stars are true rookies that no one has heard of - and you capture that with 0 popularity for them and they have to earn it.

AFTER one year, Killer Karl Kox was named wrestler of the year.

WSS was the best promotion (and an 86 rated event that was tops). Buddy Colt beats Jack Brisco in the Match of the year (95), Buddy Rogers was the best manager and Gordon Solie of course was the top announcer.

top 10 just for info: Kox, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Murdoch, Mad Dog Vachon, Buddy Colt, Dory Funk Jr, Bill Watts, Inoki, Sammartino, Harley Race

one other note: Dory Funk Jr never defended the NWA World title. Not even once. Just curious if possible to add the Missouri title to St. Louis? It was vacated in 1956 and brought back in 1972, so you're just moving up history a couple years. Dory has conflicts with other groups he's with and never wrestled in STL the entire year.

one last historical note: Bruno Sammartino's year long WWF world title reign ended in December at the hands of Toru Tanaka. Tanaka lost his first defense to Killer Kowalski

want to know anything else, ask.......but wanted to say thanks for a very fun Mod and history lesson

Thank you very much for your kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying the modification. I've added both Moondog Spike and Moondog Spot to my list, so both will be added eventually and set to debut. I'm aware of how the American Wrestling Association worked, but I didn't really want to separate them into individual promotions and make 'em an alliance because - quite simply - it seemed like a lot of work at the time. xD You could maybe use the "Brand" feature to split them up a little bit? As you say, make a "Chicago" brand and a "Minneapolis" brand and you could find each show a television deal, and also bring them together for big pay-per-views/end of the month shows.

I believe the NWA Missouri Heavyweight Championship is in the game, but it's with Central States Wrestling. You could easily change it from CSW to SLCW and then set it to active, if that's what you wish. According to WrestlingData.com which is generally pretty accurate, Dory did wrestle for SLCW periodically throughout the year and further still, he defended the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Click Here if you want to see for yourself. Again, thank you for all the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Thank you very much for your kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying the modification. I've added both Moondog Spike and Moondog Spot to my list, so both will be added eventually and set to debut. I'm aware of how the American Wrestling Association worked, but I didn't really want to separate them into individual promotions and make 'em an alliance because - quite simply - it seemed like a lot of work at the time. xD You could maybe use the "Brand" feature to split them up a little bit? As you say, make a "Chicago" brand and a "Minneapolis" brand and you could find each show a television deal, and also bring them together for big pay-per-views/end of the month shows.

I believe the NWA Missouri Heavyweight Championship is in the game, but it's with Central States Wrestling. You could easily change it from CSW to SLCW and then set it to active, if that's what you wish. According to WrestlingData.com which is generally pretty accurate, Dory did wrestle for SLCW periodically throughout the year and further still, he defended the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Click Here if you want to see for yourself. Again, thank you for all the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

I think he was saying Dory never defended the title in his game, not in real life.

• 2 weeks later...
I think he was saying Dory never defended the title in his game, not in real life.

that's exactly what I was trying to say.

SLWC and Wild West are set to run shows on the same night, so Dory always goes to Amarillo so in the game he never defends his world title. Since the NWA World title is the only belt given to SLWC, they never have any title matches. My suggestion is to give them a house show on Monday, and the end of the month show on a Friday (which from what I can tell was their historic night for the big show at the Kiel) -- that way Dory (and others) can compete in their "home" leagues as well as the home base for the NWA which was St. Louis.

I just thought moving the Missouri title back to St. Louis would give them another champion - and Sam did not believe in tag titles at all so that is off the table. It seems like at one time they shared a champion with Central States, but Sam got mad that a title change in STL was not recongnized in KC so he started his own and Harley Race beat Pak Song to win it.

something else to mull over - I discussed this with another mod maker - for the rookies, while I like the fact that they start out from scratch with 0 popularity, I'm wondering if legacies and 2nd generation guys might ought to start with some popularity - living off off the old man's reputation? (think Fullers, Funks, Guerreros, etc)

another idea to help with lack of color commentators that really keeps with the historical tradition is to include some generics such as "Los Angeles Sports Caster, Chicago Radio DJ, Tampa Weatherman, etc. they would have good colorman skills and a small popularity in their home area. (since their city would be but a small part of the entire game region). Hopefully, their skills would help them gain popularity over time as Dave Brown (Memphis weatherman), Phil Rainey (Knoxville weatherman), Chip Kessling (Johnson City radio sports personality) did when they worked on TV for local wrestling shows. Names could be made up, but a the "city/job" should suffice for our purposes and then we could insert whatever name we wanted if they are hired. In history, that is exactly where they went to fill these roles (and a lot of solo announcers like Gordon Solie who did not have a color man -- but a small tweak to history helps with overall game play)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I've been working really hard on Shifting Sands and didn't want to be distracted because I just knew talking about Territory Daze would make me want to do some work on it and unfortunately, I was right. xD A couple of days on Territory Daze and then I'm going straight back to Shifting Sands...

that's exactly what I was trying to say.

Yeah, that's my bad; I didn't understand what you were saying completely and I just presumed you were talking about real life.

SLWC and Wild West are set to run shows on the same night, so Dory always goes to Amarillo so in the game he never defends his world title. Since the NWA World title is the only belt given to SLWC, they never have any title matches. My suggestion is to give them a house show on Monday, and the end of the month show on a Friday (which from what I can tell was their historic night for the big show at the Kiel) -- that way Dory (and others) can compete in their "home" leagues as well as the home base for the NWA which was St. Louis.

Good spot and good suggestion. It's been a while since I've run my eyes over Territory Daze and I can't remember if there was a reason or not for me not originally placing the "SLWC End of the Month Show" on a Friday. For now, I've changed things as you've suggested and we'll see how things work out. Have you changed things in your game and, if so, have there been any problems having done so? I'm just curious because, as I said, I can't remember if there was a reason I didn't originally give them a show on a Friday. Maybe it's just something I missed. xD

I just thought moving the Missouri title back to St. Louis would give them another champion - and Sam did not believe in tag titles at all so that is off the table. It seems like at one time they shared a champion with Central States, but Sam got mad that a title change in STL was not recongnized in KC so he started his own and Harley Race beat Pak Song to win it.

The only real problem I have with moving the NWA Missouri Heavyweight Championship is that Danny Little Bear is holding the title in January, 1970 and he didn't appear with St. Louis Championship Wrestling until later in the year, so transferring the title wouldn't be wholly realistic. I do agree, it would be nice to give SLWC another championship but I'm against moving titles at this point and I don't want to just make one up. At the end of the day, I think I'm most happiest leaving it up to the person playing it whether to move things around, add a custom belt or leave things the way they are.

something else to mull over - I discussed this with another mod maker - for the rookies, while I like the fact that they start out from scratch with 0 popularity, I'm wondering if legacies and 2nd generation guys might ought to start with some popularity - living off off the old man's reputation? (think Fullers, Funks, Guerreros, etc)

For some reason, I seem to remember doing this but having had a look, it seems I didn't. xD Maybe I gave some "family names" popularity and not others? Without going through everyone with a surname of note, it's hard to tell. Either way, it's a good idea (as I say, I thought of it myself so I don't know why I didn't implement it on a wider scale) so expect these guys to have a little bit of popularity in the regions their family was most well known in the next update.

another idea to help with lack of color commentators that really keeps with the historical tradition is to include some generics such as "Los Angeles Sports Caster, Chicago Radio DJ, Tampa Weatherman, etc. they would have good colorman skills and a small popularity in their home area. (since their city would be but a small part of the entire game region). Hopefully, their skills would help them gain popularity over time as Dave Brown (Memphis weatherman), Phil Rainey (Knoxville weatherman), Chip Kessling (Johnson City radio sports personality) did when they worked on TV for local wrestling shows. Names could be made up, but a the "city/job" should suffice for our purposes and then we could insert whatever name we wanted if they are hired. In history, that is exactly where they went to fill these roles (and a lot of solo announcers like Gordon Solie who did not have a color man -- but a small tweak to history helps with overall game play)

I'm not too enamoured with the idea of adding generic "Chicago Radio DJ"-like workers to the database; I don't know, it just seems to get a little messy like that. I like the idea in principal though because you're right, that's exactly what a lot of (if not all) the promotions did back then. I'm not against the idea of researching local celebrities (like you say; sportscasters, weather reporters, news anchors etcetera) from that time period and rather than adding the generic/faceless workers you're talking about, I'll add real life people who may not have actually done anything in the wrestling business but were in television/radio at the time. I'm not sure how many regions I'll cover but I suppose if I take two/three names from each promotions home town/region and one/two names from every TV Network, that should give us more than enough to work with. [Hopefully all that made sense. xD]

Mammoth Thank You for this mod and the work you have done on it. It's save me a lot time when I am researching particular promotion or wrestler. Especially when the wrestler is obscure and their very little or no info on them.

You're welcome. I've been to the deepest, darkest corners of the internet in search of information on some people, so I know how difficult it can be to find information on some of 'em. xD If that information is released into the world through multiple modifications, I'm more than happy to share. :)