[RELEASE] Territory Daze

Thats a good news that I can hire Mil Maskaras now!

I am still wating for next update and new faces too.

Killer kahn, El Canek, Dos Caras, Tito Santana, Terry gordy, Enforcer Luciano, killer karl krupp, kingkong bundy, Crusher Blackwell, Wayne Farris, Jay youngblood, Badnews Allen..There are so many wrestlers I want to see in the mod.

If you name them, I'll add 'em. ;)

I'm working on a couple of surprises for the next release which will officially be "Version 2.0" so you can expect a lot of new additions and a lot of extras that haven't been in previous updates.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a good news that I can hire Mil Maskaras now!

I am still wating for next update and new faces too.

Killer kahn, El Canek, Dos Caras, Tito Santana, Terry gordy, Enforcer Luciano, killer karl krupp, kingkong bundy, Crusher Blackwell, Wayne Farris, Jay youngblood, Badnews Allen..There are so many wrestlers I want to see in the mod.

If you name them, I'll add 'em. ;)

I'm working on a couple of surprises for the next release which will officially be "Version 2.0" so you can expect a lot of new additions and a lot of extras that haven't been in previous updates.

Enforcer Luciano!!! Oh man was he a stinkeroo! haha He came in, punched concrete, ate glass and then Mulligan beat him right away because he wasn't good. That's a great name reference!

Yeah the Freebirds definitely need to be in there! Also Mike McCord/Austin Idol :)

Trying to download the database but it' being odd. none of the photos on the post are showing, just the link to the site.

When i click the website links to the database and picture it just loads up in another screen the pictures that have like the pic then the words "click to download" but when I click around there's nothing that pops up to download..

If that makes sense.

for example. i copied and pasted whats on the first post for me.

http://i.imgur.com/KhR75xo.png

Enforcer Luciano!!! Oh man was he a stinkeroo! haha He came in, punched concrete, ate glass and then Mulligan beat him right away because he wasn't good. That's a great name reference!

Yeah the Freebirds definitely need to be in there! Also Mike McCord/Austin Idol :)

I don't know, Guillotine Gordon (Enforcer Luciano) was a relatively good wrestler until he aged too much and got given that awful gimmick. xD

Expect the other members of The Freebirds and Austin Idol in the next update. I hate to keep repeating myself but I just want to make it clear, if you give me a list of names I'll do my best to include everyone that's named. That can include names that have already debuted or those you'd like to see début at a later date.

Trying to download the database but it' being odd. none of the photos on the post are showing, just the link to the site.

When i click the website links to the database and picture it just loads up in another screen the pictures that have like the pic then the words "click to download" but when I click around there's nothing that pops up to download..

If that makes sense.

for example. i copied and pasted whats on the first post for me.

http://i.imgur.com/KhR75xo.png

Yeah, someone else ran into this problem before. I can only imagine it's your computer or choice of browser which doesn't direct you to the link. Does right clicking help? Perhaps you can "Copy link address" into another tab/window or something? Regardless, here are some direct links to the most recent update:

Pictures: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5q3va28nf0q83c1/Territory_Daze_(Pictures).zip

Database: http://www.mediafire.com/download/awhfp3wq7c9dnkw/Territory_Daze_(Database).zip

Thanks for the links.its worked :)

before i plan for a long game... how complete has the latest update made the database. is there much to update down the line?

howcomplete are the yet to debut ?

It's difficult to say really, because I'm not entirely sure how far I'm going to go. All the big names that have already debuted are added; there are obviously going to be names that I've missed/haven't been able to add but if they aren't in the moderation, I dare say they didn't have much of an impact on the wrestling scene. As for the 'yet to début' workers? I've already added what I'd consider the "big names" that début between 1970 and 1975 so depending on what you consider a "long game", there should be more than enough to keep you occupied. At the end of the day, it's up to you but the next release won't be out for a month or two at the very least. I hope that helps in some way. :)

I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Thank you again for the information you provided on Northland Wrestling Enterprises. :) As I told you when you came to me with the information, it's always nice having some of these smaller promotions in and around the many regional territories to add some texture to the game.

No problem, all the info was from the one book I have about the promotion.

Not sure if I'll have time to try this out until the new year, since it's the busiest time of the year for work but I am looking forward to trying out this mod.

but the next release won't be out for a month or two at the very least. I hope that helps in some way. :)

Thats very bad news:( If there is anything I can help you to speed up your work, let me know. Maybe I can help you find pictures of Japanese wrestlers, since I use Japanese web search engine.

Thats very bad news:( If there is anything I can help you to speed up your work, let me know. Maybe I can help you find pictures of Japanese wrestlers, since I use Japanese web search engine.

No, there's unfortunately nothing anyone can really help with. I'm working on a couple of surprises/additions (not only workers) which'll hopefully add to the experience but a lot of what I'm changing/adding means a whole lot of altering and fiddling which ultimately takes times. Plus, I'm working on my new skin at the same time which also adds to the time frame. It may be released a lot sooner than that projected time of arrival but as Territory Daze is completely playable now, I'm much happier giving myself the time to do as I wish and 1.) not rushing it and 2.) not putting pressure on myself to complete it within such a short time. As for the pictures of Japanese workers? That's really up to you. If you feel there's anyone you can find a better picture of or there's someone who hasn't got a picture, then I'd love to see 'em. :)

Just finished my first year. Furthest I've played a TEW2013 mod. Bockwinkel is my undefeated champ and wrestler of the year after defending against Sammartino in the match of the year in my last event in 1970. The #1 contender is Young Wrestler of the Year Andre "The Giant" Roussimoff. #2 on the new power 500 is Harley Race.

Just finished my first year. Furthest I've played a TEW2013 mod. Bockwinkel is my undefeated champ and wrestler of the year after defending against Sammartino in the match of the year in my last event in 1970. The #1 contender is Young Wrestler of the Year Andre "The Giant" Roussimoff. #2 on the new power 500 is Harley Race.

Nice. That sounds loads of fun and even more exciting for me, it sounds like the game world is developing correctly. I've always feared that I'd do something wrong and after a couple of months, Juan Sebastian or someone would end up as the best wrestler in the world. xD I'm also glad that you feel inclined to play a longer game with Territory Daze because I do feel it's a moderation that only grows the more you play it because you get introduced to the characters you're perhaps more familiar with (Ric Flair, Greg Valentine, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen etcetera) and get to see them grow in the wrestling landscape you've created for them. Anyway, your game sounds like a whole lot of fun with the roster you've got going there.

Nice. That sounds loads of fun and even more exciting for me, it sounds like the game world is developing correctly. I've always feared that I'd do something wrong and after a couple of months, Juan Sebastian or someone would end up as the best wrestler in the world. xD I'm also glad that you feel inclined to play a longer game with Territory Daze because I do feel it's a moderation that only grows the more you play it because you get introduced to the characters you're perhaps more familiar with (Ric Flair, Greg Valentine, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen etcetera) and get to see them grow in the wrestling landscape you've created for them. Anyway, your game sounds like a whole lot of fun with the roster you've got going there.

I think that's one of the biggest motivators for playing more, see who's going to debut next month. I also set up a pattern of booking based on 32 man monthly tournaments, so all I really have to do is pick my 32, figure out the finals, then work backwards and just book the cards. The champion gets a title shot the following month. This has led to three 99 match ratings in a row with Funk/Dusty/Sammartino. Bockwinkel after his win over Sammartino is no a 90 pop in the Tri-State. But I think I'm going to end his run this month at the hands of the 8th wonder.

Really enjoying this mod, Mammoth. The fact that you can go back and play matches like Gagne vs Sammartino and use guys like Ray Stevens in their prime is awesome. Not to mention all the stars that have yet to debut and you can mold their careers from the very beginning.

So thanks for all the time and effort put into this. Look forward to continued updates.

Really enjoying this mod, Mammoth. The fact that you can go back and play matches like Gagne vs Sammartino and use guys like Ray Stevens in their prime is awesome. Not to mention all the stars that have yet to debut and you can mold their careers from the very beginning.

So thanks for all the time and effort put into this. Look forward to continued updates.

Thanks man, it means a lot. I'm still working strenuously behind the scenes on improving it so knowing people are out there and enjoying it really makes the process easier. :)

Your picture pack is amazing, I beleive there cant be any 'better' pictures,

But I still want to share some good pictures with you.

Thank you. I'm reluctant to change the pictures I've got because Terry Funk may be a little old in that picture (he's mid-20s at the start of the game when black and white pictures are in affect) and although that's a superb picture of Mad Dog Vachon, I prefer the one that's already added because he looks a lot more like Butcher Vachon for tag team competition. With that said, I've done 'em up so if you'd prefer them, then by all means add them to your game. :)

http://i.imgur.com/mjXxcom.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/pT9Me0a.jpg

And speaking of Terry Funk, I've since replaced his second picture with the image below and altered his agers to match everyone else (transferring to colour in 1975 before ageing at ten year intervals) so if you want to change it now rather than wait for the next update, then please do.

http://i.imgur.com/QYKjgpf.jpg

This sounds great, which promotion are you running?

<p>I've got a list of future wrestlers I'd love to see if you want to just keep a running list of suggestions (some have already been mentioned and some may be in there already):</p><p> </p><p>

Gino Hernandez</p><p>

Ed Wiskowski</p><p>

Michael Hayes</p><p>

Terry Gordy</p><p>

Austin Idol </p><p>

Bobby Eaton</p><p>

Dennis Condrey</p><p>

Phil Hickerson</p><p>

Chris Adams</p><p>

Ricky Gibson</p><p>

Robert Gibson</p><p>

Ricky Morton</p><p>

Jay Youngblood</p><p>

Terry Taylor</p><p>

Curt Hennig</p><p>

Koko B Ware</p><p>

Hawk</p><p>

Animal</p><p>

King Kong Bundy</p><p>

Jim Duggan</p><p>

Matt Borne</p><p>

Jerry Stubbs/Mr. Olympia</p><p>

Arn Anderson</p>

I might be one of the only players using a Japanese promotion (IWE), so I can definitely provide some feedback on that. The amount of staff members are very, very thin for Japanese promotions. I had to go a whole week without a referee, and had to wait a month for a young male Japanese announcer to generate. This was a bit frustrating, and would be nice if they started with the appropriate number of staff members, even if they are fake (because fake ones are going to debut anyway). As the IWE, I'm making a solid $60k a month, and had to sign basically my entire roster to Exclusive PPA contracts to prevent the JWA from stealing my talent (they still took about four guys from me at the beginning of my game). I try to play realistically, and haven't brought in the typical superstar gaijins that wouldn't mold to the puroresu style, and haven't bought out all of JWA's best talent (Giant Baba, Antonio Inoki, etc.) I did try to sign Inoki after I learned his contract was coming up, but JWA outbid me (and rightly so), so I will have to try to get him at another time. I only recently took two of their upper midcarders by signing The Great Kabuki and Professor Ito to Exclusive PPAs, but only because I was very short on main eventers who can carry great matches. I also wish there were more undercard guys who I can job around with, but the rosters are very thin and I will just have to take it easy until wrestlers generate.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shipshirt" data-cite="shipshirt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've got a list of future wrestlers I'd love to see if you want to just keep a running list of suggestions (some have already been mentioned and some may be in there already):</div></blockquote><p> Thank you, Gino Hernandez, Ed Wiskowski, Phil Hickerson, Chris Adams, Ricky Gibson, Matt Borne and Jerry Stubbs have all been added to my list of names that I'm working on. Everyone else has either already been added or were already on my list.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>EDIT:</strong> Oh, and to answer your previous question, dudeamis has been playing as the World Wide Wrestling Federation.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="OGpistolpete" data-cite="OGpistolpete" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I might be one of the only players using a Japanese promotion (IWE), so I can definitely provide some feedback on that. The amount of staff members are very, very thin for Japanese promotions. I had to go a whole week without a referee, and had to wait a month for a young male Japanese announcer to generate. This was a bit frustrating, and would be nice if they started with the appropriate number of staff members, even if they are fake (because fake ones are going to debut anyway). As the IWE, I'm making a solid $60k a month, and had to sign basically my entire roster to Exclusive PPA contracts to prevent the JWA from stealing my talent (they still took about four guys from me at the beginning of my game). I try to play realistically, and haven't brought in the typical superstar gaijins that wouldn't mold to the puroresu style, and haven't bought out all of JWA's best talent (Giant Baba, Antonio Inoki, etc.) I did try to sign Inoki after I learned his contract was coming up, but JWA outbid me (and rightly so), so I will have to try to get him at another time. I only recently took two of their upper midcarders by signing The Great Kabuki and Professor Ito to Exclusive PPAs, but only because I was very short on main eventers who can carry great matches. I also wish there were more undercard guys who I can job around with, but the rosters are very thin and I will just have to take it easy until wrestlers generate.</div></blockquote><p> Thank you, this sort of feedback/criticism is exactly the sort of thing I need as it informs me of the areas that I need to take a closer look at. Finding information on staff members in Japan and Mexico is really difficult because unlike American promotions, the staff really are in the background, trying to stay out of the limelight. Also, finding free agents at this time is difficult because if they weren't working for one of the big two, it's almost like they were forgotten about completely. With that said, I'll do my best to see if I can solve some of these issues for the next update; I'll wade through some Japanese websites and do my best to translate as much as I can and hopefully come up with some results.</p><p> </p><p> I know there are some people on this board who follow Japanese wrestling (maybe not this far back) so if they could provide any information, I'd be eternally grateful. Absolutely anything would be considered helpful whether it's a list of names who have been working behind the scenes or as a member of staff, or a list of wrestlers who were competing back then. Any information is better than no information.</p>

He is not actually Japanese, but I think Tiger Chung Lee(Toguchi Masanori) is one of missing already-debut wrestlers that had somewhat big influent on the business.

And about japanese staffs, here is list and pictures of refrees and ring announcers in the showa era.

http://www.showapuroresu.com/jap/referee.htm

first half of them are refrees, and below the word リングアナウンサー, which means ring annoucers, are announcers.

beside their name, their working history is written.

日 means JWA, 国 means IWE.

other than that, companies are not built yet in the mod and that means they are yet to debut.

like 新 for NJPW and 全 for AJPW.

if you ask me(choose each two for JWA and IWE),

小松 敏男 and 篠原 長昭, was legendary broadcaster of JWA,

沖 識名 and 田中 米太郎 was famous refrees of JWA.

鈴木 利夫 and 飯橋 一敏was good broadcasters of IWE,

while 遠藤 光男 and 阿部 脩 was well known IWE refrees.

I think none of them are in your mod, it definately is problem because they were big part of those companies.

If you have to choose only a few of them, 篠原 長昭 and 沖 識名 are really big name of Japanese wrestling history.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lovegun77" data-cite="lovegun77" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He is not actually Japanese, but I think Tiger Chung Lee(Toguchi Masanori) is one of missing already-debut wrestlers that had somewhat big influent on the business.<p> And about japanese staffs, here is list and pictures of refrees and ring announcers in the showa era.</p><p> <a href="http://www.showapuroresu.com/jap/referee.htm" rel="external nofollow">http://www.showapuroresu.com/jap/referee.htm</a></p><p> </p><p> first half of them are refrees, and below the word リングアナウンサー, which means ring annoucers, are announcers.</p><p> beside their name, their working history is written.</p><p> 日 means JWA, 国 means IWE. </p><p> other than that, companies are not built yet in the mod and that means they are yet to debut.</p><p> like 新 for NJPW and 全 for AJPW.</p><p> </p><p> if you ask me(choose each two for JWA and IWE), </p><p> 小松 敏男 and 篠原 長昭, was legendary broadcaster of JWA,</p><p> 沖 識名 and 田中 米太郎 was famous refrees of JWA.</p><p> 鈴木 利夫 and 飯橋 一敏was good broadcasters of IWE, </p><p> while 遠藤 光男 and 阿部 脩 was well known IWE refrees.</p><p> </p><p> I think none of them are in your mod, it definately is problem because they were big part of those companies.</p><p> If you have to choose only a few of them, 篠原 長昭 and 沖 識名 are really big name of Japanese wrestling history.</p></div></blockquote><p> Thank you, that's a big help. I've added Tiger Chung Lee to my list of wrestlers that will be added before the next update and I'll take a look at the website and the names you've provided. A lot of the translations are gobbledygook but I'll try to piece together as much as I can. If anyone speaks Japanese and is willing to provide more accurate translations (both their names and the descriptions that follow on the website provided) then once again, I'd be eternally grateful. As I say, I get basic translations so I'll be able to piece something together but it'll unfortunately not be perfect. Thanks again, lovegun77.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mammoth" data-cite="Mammoth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you, that's a big help. I've added Tiger Chung Lee to my list of wrestlers that will be added before the next update and I'll take a look at the website and the names you've provided. A lot of the translations are gobbledygook but I'll try to piece together as much as I can. If anyone speaks Japanese and is willing to provide more accurate translations (both their names and the descriptions that follow on the website provided) then once again, I'd be eternally grateful. As I say, I get basic translations so I'll be able to piece something together but it'll unfortunately not be perfect. Thanks again, lovegun77.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it will be better if I translate them and make basic worker information on tew, and give you the data to import and adjust as you want.</p><p> My english sucks, though it will be better than those translator.</p><p> And additional informations will be needed from japanese web(like how to read their name in english, debut years and big pictures..etc), it will be so painful to find if you use translator. </p><p> Just tell me who you need to add.</p><p> You really dont need to thank me, it is just so little work compared to yours.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lovegun77" data-cite="lovegun77" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38619" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think it will be better if I translate them and make basic worker information on tew, and give you the data to import and adjust as you want.<p> My english sucks, though it will be better than those translator.</p><p> And additional informations will be needed from japanese web(like how to read their name in english, debut years and big pictures..etc), it will be so painful to find if you use translator. </p><p> Just tell me who you need to add.</p><p> You really dont need to thank me, it is just so little work compared to yours.</p></div></blockquote><p> That would be absolutely amazing. I'll let you choose who you think would be worthwhile adding as you know a lot more about it than me by the sound of it. xD Anyone you add to your database, I'll add to Territory Daze; none of your work will be wasted. Also, don't worry if you can't find bigger pictures of them because I can expand the images on the website you provided but obviously, if there are better/bigger pictures, then that will be great. If you want to private message me when you're done, that would be awesome.</p>