What's going on in your game?

Pretty much modded the 1987 mod and 1983 mod to what I want. Some things I will edit as the game goes on to fix it as I don't feel like waiting for an official update. Not sure what year yet. I've done 87-93 as the WWF. I might do 83 as something new. Not quite sure yet.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you placed a figurehead who wasn't completely set to be one? That's been my concern in my MAW game. I'd ideally like to get one of my top guys loyal to MAW (so he won't leave) and make him the figurehead (Xavi Ferrera comes to mind right now). He has everything he needs but his star quality is a little low. I haven't pulled the trigger on any figurehead (I would have done American Patriot and Ernest Youngman at different times but they both weren't completely set to do it yet). Obviously I'm worried to appoint a figurehead who will be snatched up by a bigger company, but I'm even more worried about placing a figurehead who will be a massive flop. I'd rather not have one and get none of the positives / negatives, as opposed to having one and getting the negatives from it.

I made the user character specifically to be the figurehead. So there's no one in the C-Verse better suited to the role than she is (male or female). 100 SQ, 100 Pop in US and Mexico, etc. That's why I'm waiting the full year to start the experiment. I didn't want to start with a less than ideal candidate. It's also why I can't put any core titles on her (her first world title reign will probably be Sammartino-esque). I want to know, first, what the max is and then I'll go down from there. Need to know what the ceiling is to decide if the feature is worth building toward for me.

Got a current WWE game going as we approach Wrestlemania. Put Ambrose over in the rumble, setting him up to take on Triple H. I put the US Title on AJ Styles and after a couple good defences on Raw, I had him defend it against Miz. Well Styles got a broken neck and they called an audible to have Miz go over and win the title. So now Styles is gonna miss Wrestlemania and I have to somehow make Miz work as champion. Styles was feuding with Zayn, Kalisto, & Stardust, so I'll probably end up just swapping Styles' spot for Miz and putting Zayn over at Wrestlemania.

Still need to figure out the rest of the main eventer's roles, though. I'm debating whether to do Brock/Reigns II, or Rock vs. Brock.

, I had him defend it against Miz. Well Styles got a broken neck and they called an audible to have Miz go over and win the title.

Weirdly enough, I was booking WWE myself, went for Miz vs Styles, The Miz separated his shoulder. That match-up shall never be used again :p

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that AJ knocked some of The Miz's teeth out IRL. This is weird.....

Weirdly enough, I was booking WWE myself, went for Miz vs Styles, The Miz separated his shoulder. That match-up shall never be used again :p

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that AJ knocked some of The Miz's teeth out IRL. This is weird.....

Also booked AJ Vs Miz, Miz gave AJ a major Concussion. AJ came back faced Miz and Miz tore his ACL.

Shocking! Not! Warrior has decided to join WCW in my 1996 game. I'm now at the end of June. Just happy I did not give him a dq win over Vader (WWF champion) at King of the ring. His planned title shot rematch at Summerslam has been cancelled. I have my next Raw main event, a WWF title match on Raw. Vader to crush Warrior. Vince ( my user character) and Warrior have their beef and now Warrior turns down my contract offer. hmmm. To screw or not to screw? That is the question.

Sid is the only choice I have now to feud with Vader over the WWF title. Sid will turn babyface on Raw.

Austin broke Ahmed Johnson nose. Nobody on the roster had any complaints after the match. Austin is on fire right now.

Pat Tanaka has been signed on a ppa. woohoo.

Can I start off by saying this game IS FREAKING AWESOME?!? It's taken me a bit to finally get right into a saved game, but now that I have, I am HOOKED.

After starting several games I've finally settled in to Genadi's WCW Lives Mod. I have to say it's converted really well, with the WCW Backstage being very, very tough to handle at the start, as it should be. It's been very up and down, I started playing as Eric Bischoff, but with Shane McMahon as the owner, and my backstory is that Shane actually bought WCW when it went out of business, it wasn't kayfabe.

So, I did a month with Eric, and had to get rid of a LOT of bad personalities: Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell, Mike Awesome, sent Bam Bam Bigelow to rehab for nine months, and had to trim about thirty odd workers from my roster (sent most of them to Development). I made Scott Steiner my Figurehead (as he was selected as the best candidate, more on that later), and turned him Face, teaming him back up with his brother Rick to recapture the Tag Team gold. But then Steiner turned probably HALF the locker against DDP, dropping my Backstage to 40% in the process. So DDP is currently on three months holiday while I sort some other stuff out.

After that I "fired" Eric Bischoff (quit WCW and resigned the player) and took over as Shane McMahon, and gave myself 9/10 for both Diplomacy and Leadership. Things seem to be a fair bit more stable now. I hired two locker room leaders (both road agents), and my Backstage is back to about 90%, although it will drop to about 65% once Page returns. Have to figure out how to quash that situation when it arises.

My World Heavyweight Champion is Booker T, who is currently feuding with Ric Flair (who has set up a stable called the Main Event, with Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Road Warrior Animal and Midajah). Flair will win the title at Great American Bash (I'm booking that right now), with the help of the returning RANDY SAVAGE, strengthening further the Main Event stable, paving the way for when Goldberg returns in 20 days to take them all on head-first!!

Now, on to Figureheads, I learnt something playing this game. My Figurehead should've been Goldberg, but because he started the game injured he wasn't in my Main Event list so I chose Steiner instead. So I've just switched to Goldberg (which pissed off Steiner), and I'll now proceed to build the company around him.

Have I mentioned how much I am really, REALLY enjoying this game?? Particularly the Backstage stuff, I LOVE meddling with workers before each show trying to create positive relationships. So far my strike rate from seven shows is one friendship, one hatred and five no effects. Not sure if that's good, bad or average??

In my 2021 NYCW game.

Syd Collier and Cameron Jones, led by The Architect are "The Chord", a group from the now defunct MAW promotion who invaded NYCW to extoll the virtues of MAW and show that their promotion was the best workrate company in the US. They are currently beating down the under card, have the Tag Team and Tri-State Regional belts and are making life miserable for everyone. They are currently focused on killing Happy Elwood.

Meanwhile in the main event, Ross Henry just turned on Risk Deson (Jack Avatar) and the Superpowers tag team is officially over. Henry, now a bonafide bad guy, has his sights set on the Empire Championship held by Puzzle Master (Cerebro), but Risk is doing everything in his power to male sure Henry does not win.

Andrew Harper (who is my new favorite character) after having lost the Empire belt to Cerebro after a great two year run, is running around with his girlfriend Fern Hathaway and putting babyfaces through tables, but it looks like he's running out of victims, thanks to The Chord...

Also, we are hositle with PSW (their doing, not mine) and we are destroying them in regional battles to the point that Alex Braun, their booker, just stepped down. Oh, and Big Smack Scott is their champion.

In my 2021 NYCW game.

Syd Collier and Cameron Jones, led by The Architect are "The Chord", a group from the now defunct MAW promotion who invaded NYCW to extoll the virtues of MAW and show that their promotion was the best workrate company in the US. They are currently beating down the under card, have the Tag Team and Tri-State Regional belts and are making life miserable for everyone. They are currently focused on killing Happy Elwood.

Meanwhile in the main event, Ross Henry just turned on Risk Deson (Jack Avatar) and the Superpowers tag team is officially over. Henry, now a bonafide bad guy, has his sights set on the Empire Championship held by Puzzle Master (Cerebro), but Risk is doing everything in his power to male sure Henry does not win.

Andrew Harper (who is my new favorite character) after having lost the Empire belt to Cerebro after a great two year run, is running around with his girlfriend Fern Hathaway and putting babyfaces through tables, but it looks like he's running out of victims, thanks to The Chord...

Also, we are hositle with PSW (their doing, not mine) and we are destroying them in regional battles to the point that Alex Braun, their booker, just stepped down. Oh, and Big Smack Scott is their champion.

There's something very, very right about Big Smack Scott being PSW Champion.

Just a couple months into my game as SWF...

Remo is being built as the premiere monster heel, closing in on Jack Bruce's popularity, after retiring Skull DeBones in some brutal matches.

Everyone else is fighting amongst each other, but what I'm most excited for is the debuting young talent Greg Gauge. Definitely my top prospect to lead SWF.

He debuted a "pimp" gimmick, which I'm playing out as the suave owner of an upscale Gentlemen's club. After building him up, he'll start defeating all other wrestlers to win their female managers (yes, terrible but this is SWF after all.)

The newly christened "Godfather Gauge" will eventually challenge Angry Gilmore for the championship -- and after winning the belt, he'll offer Gilmore the championship back in exchange for his wife Jessie. Gilmore makes the trade, betraying Jessie and turning heel in the process as a champion obsessed with keeping his belt.

Well I'm part way into 2005 as TNA, I'm noticing a lot of companies struggling and starting to go under...

then... I noticed this.

You should definitely use the latest patch. I haven't personally played it yet, but the change notes include:

(1.07)

Altered several items to make financial burden on smaller companies much less, including sponsorship alteration and lessened show costs

Well I'm part way into 2005 as TNA, I'm noticing a lot of companies struggling and starting to go under...

then... I noticed this.

You should definitely use the latest patch. I haven't personally played it yet, but the change notes include:

Oh cool. I didn't know a new patch had come up.

Also, I've got a much larger channel willing to show TNA Xplosion. The smaller one is however refusing to let me out of my contract for 9 months. The end result is me tanking the rating of my show so they'll let me go.

http://i.imgur.com/CDuiV1P.png

I've never tried to get into the Cornellverse until now, but I'm giving it a go. With Sam Strong no longer in charge of USPW, I decided to play as Alicia Strong (with a render I don't hate), as the Booker of AAA. After I built them up a little more, USPW stole Suzanne Brazzle and Nadia Snow. It took a couple months for Alicia to recover from her broken ankle. But now Alicia and Wade are having matches that hit the 77 range (sorry, I use numbers), and Alicia is about 9 months into being established as the company figurehead. I did this by, um, giving Alicia 15% steroids and within a few months, she went from toned to ripped, upping her Star Quality dramatically. Joanne was still in contention, so I gave her 6 months (paid) off so she wouldn't get in Alicia's way in becoming the figurehead. She should return at just the right time for Alicia to be the figurehead, build some momentum and have an "Epic" match between the two at AAA WOW 21 for the championship.

I also made Selina Svelte Alicia's protege, which is working out well for her. Cherry Bomb and Paige Croft are on my bad side at the moment.

I also pillaged most of the top stars from QAW with Exclusive PPA contracts, and pretty soon I'll start running shows in their area and see about putting them out of business so AAA can be the only real women's game in town. Then, I guess I'll pretty much be a feeder for the USPW women's division.

And I really want to sign Brooke Tyler, but attempts to steal her from NOTB have been unsuccessful so far. However, I just made a Working Agreement with them so I can use her (but man, she's expensive!).

This is basically my practice run before I try my hand at USPW, something I've always wanted to do.

I try not to post on here because I get carried away.

I'm using a converted 91 mod playing as Vince McMahon

Dropped down to cult after a whistleblower dropped my popularity, and the backstage became ridiculous down to 15%. People were leaving after every show (handing the notice in) the wrestling industry hit rock bottom (due to the mod)

I lost hawk, hbk, mr perfect, sgt slaughter, million dollar man, and a few others due to them being unhappy, but worst of all I lost warrior who at the time had just dropped the WWF heavyweight belt and picked up the inter continental

Hulk hogan formed cliques and continues to this day.

Signed iron sheik who got 6 or so other workers to hate slaughter

Hogan and undertaker fell out and hogan got people to hate taker

Trying to get over this was the hard it, had to bring in people who would make the backstage better while increasing ratings and not losing money, Pay request kept happening as people were becoming more popular and WCW were going in for anyone who's contract was up for negotiation

Ended up losing savage, bossman, bulldog, Martel, slaughter (again) and a few others.

Signed Vader who got injured straight away for 8 months.

Luckily I kept hold of hogan. Ric flair and Sid vicious left WCW and I picked them up and along with signing back perfect, million dollar man along with keeping hold of undertaker (signed a 10 year contract to keep WCW away) I picked back up and got back to national.

Warrior held the title at the beginning of the game, I got him to drop it straight away to hulk (who was my figurehead)

Hogan held it from April 91 - March 93 where he lost to flair.

Flair won the 92 royal rumble and was due to take on hogan at wrestlemania, my plan was to have hogan win and flair take the title at the next ppv, however flair turned up to wrestlemania drunk and was sent home (delaying my plans)

Perfect won royal rumble 93 and got his title shot at the next ppv, and flair finally took hogan on (once in a lifetime match) at wrestlemania 93. Hogan won, but lost the belt the next ppv.

After flair took the title in March 93, I was planning on the next holder, but he took million dollar man on around may/June 93 and was booked to keep the title, but got injured (spinal disalignment) so the two managed to finish the match on the fly and million dollar man became an unexpected (even to me champ)

So now I'm national, I've taken over Ajpw to get some pop in Japan and managed to get on tv in Japan aswell as USA, Europe, Britain and Canada.

Stan Hansen has been caught in a sex scandal and released by WCW, and is now considered toxic.

Everything's was running smoothly until my champ got injured for a year and passed the title over to someone who is only just a main eventer. Apart from that I'm still gaining pop. I just have this feeling there is something around the corner that's totally going to change everything.

Ric flair has actually spent majority of his time for me injured or in rehab,

Hbk has been given two chances, and both times he asked to be released from his contract, all he's done for me is be in rehab

Stone cold spent a lot of his contract in rehab.

The new relationships, injures etc all make you change plans so much it makes it much more realistic. In tew13 it felt like you could sign who you wanted and use them whenever and they would always be available (except for the odd person leaving for a movie)

Unhappy people don't hang around, and one of the biggest things inused to do is sign all my favourite wrestlers who will become good in the future, but in trying to keep people apart so they don't face each other in a singles match because the 'once in a lifetime' match aim has so much appeal.

I try not to post on here because I get carried away.

I'm using a converted 91 mod playing as Vince McMahon

<long post>

Wow so much stuff has happened for you :eek: Granted, some of it maybe because of the mod being converted (if you haven't edited injuries or lifestyle habits, for example). I haven't really gotten a real long save going with TEW2016, as I usually prefer playing one long save rather than many saves, but I have to agree with you in that in the previous games it was very easy to plan ahead. With all the added curve balls like cliqs and scandals, it should be really interesting to adjust the plans on the fly. It seems as though the game world has become so much more alive, well evident just by reading this post alone :)

Wow so much stuff has happened for you :eek: Granted, some of it maybe because of the mod being converted (if you haven't edited injuries or lifestyle habits, for example). I haven't really gotten a real long save going with TEW2016, as I usually prefer playing one long save rather than many saves, but I have to agree with you in that in the previous games it was very easy to plan ahead. With all the added curve balls like cliqs and scandals, it should be really interesting to adjust the plans on the fly. It seems as though the game world has become so much more alive, well evident just by reading this post alone :)

I think the dressing room is one of those where once you start to let it drop you can easily lose it. One bad thing leads to another. I've not really played the game fully, I've just overseen things, such as signing workers and putting people in stroylines and autobooked. I hair wanted to see how far I can go. I'm waiting for a proper mod to come out before I play it properly, but suppose I will still come back to this to see how far I can go.

But definitely the game is much different for the right reasons

I think the dressing room is one of those where once you start to let it drop you can easily lose it. One bad thing leads to another. I've not really played the game fully, I've just overseen things, such as signing workers and putting people in stroylines and autobooked. I hair wanted to see how far I can go. I'm waiting for a proper mod to come out before I play it properly, but suppose I will still come back to this to see how far I can go.

But definitely the game is much different for the right reasons

You see, this is where I think the converted Mods are actually working pretty good in simulating the 90s. You WANT heaps of people turning up drunk, going to rehab, forming cliqs and jumping ship between WWF and WCW because THAT'S what the 90s were about, and that's the challenge in playing this game IMO.

Your saved game sounds awesome, BTW.

You see, this is where I think the converted Mods are actually working pretty good in simulating the 90s. You WANT heaps of people turning up drunk, going to rehab, forming cliqs and jumping ship between WWF and WCW because THAT'S what the 90s were about, and that's the challenge in playing this game IMO.

Your saved game sounds awesome, BTW.

I am Loving the game, and this save is going to be one I always go back to when I don't want to have to sit and plan every show, ill probably leave it to do a diary or Something but my aim is to get to the current day with it.

I agree about the backstage, but I think some things are more extreme (flair turning up drunk to his first ever wrestlemania) stone cold need rehab for drugs and hbk not being able to wrestle, and the whole roster becoming unhappy because hawk is drunk every fight? Lol. But now I've won the locker room over nobody is turning up or wrestling drunk it seems a bit unrealistic lol

All the major promotions keep bouncing from National to Cult and back. All three US promotions are Cult at the moment. SOTBPW is almost to International though.

Meanwhile my teensy little 0/0/0 fed is puttering away hoping for a big break. That missing zero is finances. We started with 100k, because finances are hard now.

Summerslam 1996 is next pay per view.

Bret has returned. 3 month break in my world. Summerslam 1996 is looking good as far as the big 4 matches are concerned. The WWF title match is not the strongest, no doubt. My roster is starting to feel like my own and Raw has been moved to 2 hours every week.

WWF title: Vader vs Sid. Two monsters fighting over the title. That is all I've got.

Undertaker vs Mankind. Yes, there will be a Paul Bearer heel turn here. And the debut of Kane. Yep, no warnings, nothing. He will go on a path of destruction like he did in real life.

IC title: Goldust vs Brian Pillman. Marlena is out of this storyline due to maternity leave. Debra has replaced her since Goldust needs a leading lady. Pillman is no loose cannon hybrid either, he is a daredevil babyface. Think Matt Murdock, only not. This will be nothing like their real life storyline from a year later. I think we will see a title change here.

The real main event is the return of Bret vs ''Stone Cold'', I'm tempted to make this the main event, but I'm one of those guys that has to have the WWF title close the show. Prestige of WWF title is way down to 75.

And the debut of some guy named ''Rocky Cage''. He might be worth keeping around.