What's going on in your game?

Nothing overly crazy. Started a 0/0/0/100k fed and was going well prior to upgrading and getting the patches. The sponsorship tanked due both to the patch and reaching the period that you lose out all of your internet pop gains and I had to cut from just starting to break even at a weekly show rate to losing bad at a biweekly show rate. Tough pill to swallow. May actually lead to restarting the game if I can't turn it around.

Was also surprised to see my local fed in a regional battle already, (finished 1 our of 3 both times)

So far my only title holder is Bryan Holmes with the APW(usa, not the aussie fed) United States title. Plan is to drop it to Art Reed in a while. Also have an upcoming event for 4th of July at which I will likely debut an X-Division and possibly United States Tag Team title.

Debating joining COTT once I meet requirements. Think it would be fun, but also enjoy gaining prestige by beating their members. Maybe I'll look into starting a rival group if there are enough feds to join it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing overly crazy. Started a 0/0/0/100k fed and was going well prior to upgrading and getting the patches. The sponsorship tanked due both to the patch and reaching the period that you lose out all of your internet pop gains and I had to cut from just starting to break even at a weekly show rate to losing bad at a biweekly show rate. Tough pill to swallow. May actually lead to restarting the game if I can't turn it around.

Was also surprised to see my local fed in a regional battle already, (finished 1 our of 3 both times)

So far my only title holder is Bryan Holmes with the APW(usa, not the aussie fed) United States title. Plan is to drop it to Art Reed in a while. Also have an upcoming event for 4th of July at which I will likely debut an X-Division and possibly United States Tag Team title.

Debating joining COTT once I meet requirements. Think it would be fun, but also enjoy gaining prestige by beating their members. Maybe I'll look into starting a rival group if there are enough feds to join it.

Call it League of the Regions! :p

Not a bad idea, and I could have actually gone with league of nations as I believe ended up with a very diverse group including Canada, Mexico, USA, and Japan to help set up international talent trades. However, since I had a nice logo and set of belts that I had made for someone else a few years back... I went with the Universal Wrestling Alliance. Doing a test save with it to see if it functions how I expect.

Trying to decide if it makes sense to have titles at this point as I made it a non-public group (intend to modify it to public down the road, via the editor if there is not an in-game method, will for sure have titles once public),

Also Wolf Hawkins is in quite the enviable spot. He's got a bidding war between TCW, SWF, NOTBW, USPW, and PWGH I believe.

Finally getting to buy the game tonight but in my SWF game, Nicky Champion's contract came up and was part of a five way bidding war that was won by... SOTBPW for the next six years.

Talk about a cliffhanger at the end of my two month demo.

The greatest Rip Chord Invitational of all time

Qualifiers

Cheetah Boy beat Greg Gauge

George Wolfe beat Cameron Jones

Syd Collier beat Nate DeMarcus

Copperhead beat Miller Fforde

Prelims

Cheetah Boy beat George Wolfe

Syd Collier beat Copperhead

Main Event

Cheetah Boy beat Syd Collier

I've started a game as Peter Michaels and the plan is to get revenge on SWF for firing him. I looked at Michaels style preference - wrestling as a sport - and have started an Old School 'Rasslin promotion called Peter Michaels Promotions (after JCP).

Kirk Jameson is my champ and figurehead. He is currently in a feud with Rebel Cell (a stable of Bryan Holmes, Ernest Youngman, and Adrian Garcia). I am planning for Bradford Peverell to join this faction at the new PPV and am tinkering with the idea of bringing in Joe Sexy who was recently made a free agent.

My midcard champion is Mobstar who is feuding with Samoan Machine. Samoan Machine rage DQ'd in a tournament fot the title, and is taking it out on the current champ.

No Tag division yet, 'cause I'm not getting any chemistry.

PMP is currently on free-to-air Los Deporte Hoy and PPV with MySelect USA so I'm making a profit and getting increased coverage.

USPW is still numero uno despite dropping to cult, and SWF and TCW being national.

As some may have seen in the random screenshots thread, Hulk Hogan got into a scandal 1 week before Wrestlemania III for mocking the disabled. This turned him toxic. His popularity dropped from 99 to 80 (not as bad as I thought) and his impact as figurehead reduced substantially (from 17% attendance boost and 60% merch boost, to 2% and 5% respectively) ...add to this, the fact that he is toxic he would cause a big attendance drop + merch losses (presumably) on top of that. It left me with a decision to make. I had 7 days to decide whether to release Hogan without any cost. 7 days to decide on changing the history of WWF in an instant.

This was disastrous. I had recently turned Piper heel. Jake Roberts constantly turns up and wrestles drunk. Ricky Steamboat is my Intercontinental Champion, but he's not really got the "it" factor to make him my main guy. My Wrestlemania main event was already set as Hogan vs. Savage after Randy attacked Andre and put him out injured. I decide no matter what, Hogan has to lose the title to Savage. He does, but due to the popularity decrease the main event is nowhere near what it could of been. The attendance was 92,000...imagine what it might of been of toxic Hulk wasn't here.

Monday arrives. Today's the day I have to make my decision. Hogan's gone and the future of WWF is changed forever. I couldn't pay that much money to someone who is going to so negatively affect the company for the between 6 months and 2 years. Maybe one day he'll be back, but for now I need to find a new way forward. That way will be Randy Savage. A face turn is set for the next show, and he will feud with Andre. Randy finally gets to come out of Hogan's shadow, and be the man who carries WWF on his back.

As some may have seen in the random screenshots thread, Hulk Hogan got into a scandal 1 week before Wrestlemania III for mocking the disabled. This turned him toxic. His popularity dropped from 99 to 80 (not as bad as I thought) and his impact as figurehead reduced substantially (from 17% attendance boost and 60% merch boost, to 2% and 5% respectively) ...add to this, the fact that he is toxic he would cause a big attendance drop + merch losses (presumably) on top of that. It left me with a decision to make. I had 7 days to decide whether to release Hogan without any cost. 7 days to decide on changing the history of WWF in an instant.

This was disastrous. I had recently turned Piper heel. Jake Roberts constantly turns up and wrestles drunk. Ricky Steamboat is my Intercontinental Champion, but he's not really got the "it" factor to make him my main guy. My Wrestlemania main event was already set as Hogan vs. Savage after Randy attacked Andre and put him out injured. I decide no matter what, Hogan has to lose the title to Savage. He does, but due to the popularity decrease the main event is nowhere near what it could of been. The attendance was 92,000...imagine what it might of been of toxic Hulk wasn't here.

Monday arrives. Today's the day I have to make my decision. Hogan's gone and the future of WWF is changed forever. I couldn't pay that much money to someone who is going to so negatively affect the company for the between 6 months and 2 years. Maybe one day he'll be back, but for now I need to find a new way forward. That way will be Randy Savage. A face turn is set for the next show, and he will feud with Andre. Randy finally gets to come out of Hogan's shadow, and be the man who carries WWF on his back.

You just sold the game for me... that is awesome.

That is amazing (probably not so much for you) but at least you can push Savage now. And its doubtful Hogan gets picked up by WCW anyway, so maybe shortlist him and wait for the 'toxicity' to wear off and re-sign him. You could even debut back as a heel! Make his gimmick picking on smaller guys backstage, saying they are disabled by not being as big as him (Tasteless but the heat!!). There is so much you could do with him if he stays a free agent.

Well i'm in the last week of May in my USPW save, not sure if anyones even read my previous post but i had an incident with my Tag Champs when The Force went back to SWF and my tag division was in a bit of a state. So I ran a 2v2v2 match on the TV after my PPV with The Titans beating Black & The Force and The McWade brothers to take the belts. It was purely a transitional reign because they lost the belts to the new team of Chris Caulfield and... Ross Henry! I called him up from developmental, and put him with Caulfield who was doing nothing at this point, but Caulfield was the perfect partner because of his 92 Psych. Henry gets surprisingly good individual match grades too, so i'm going to keep them with the belts for a long time, feed The Titans and McWade brother to them until i build up Brandon Smith and Findlay O'Farraday for a big time tag feud.

Nearing Wrestlemania 20, ready to put the title on Trish Stratus for an insanely long reign and begin a major overhaul of the women's division.. and Victoria accidentally crushes her larynx leaving her out for 2 months.

I guess Lita vs Molly Holly will have to do as a plan B for Wrestlemania

Nearing Wrestlemania 20, ready to put the title on Trish Stratus for an insanely long reign and begin a major overhaul of the women's division.. and Victoria accidentally crushes her larynx leaving her out for 2 months.

I guess Lita vs Molly Holly will have to do as a plan B for Wrestlemania

Not tempted to make a story out of it and have Victoria take Trish's place in the title match (that being the kayfabe motive for injuring her), win the title setting up the feud for when Trish comes back? I know it doesn't seem great to reward someone for injuring another worker, but don't let morals get in the way of a good feud (Edge/Matt/Lita for example!)

Not tempted to make a story out of it and have Victoria take Trish's place in the title match (that being the kayfabe motive for injuring her), win the title setting up the feud for when Trish comes back? I know it doesn't seem great to reward someone for injuring another worker, but don't let morals get in the way of a good feud (Edge/Matt/Lita for example!)

You have a point, i think i might go with Lita stepping up in Trish's place, then Victoria milking the fact that she took out Trish, Leading to a triple threat. I can't have Victoria vs Molly Holly as they are both heels

I was left with the choice of Vader, Mankind or the Undertaker as champion in April 1996. Ended up going with Mankind. He won the title in a fatal fourway match vs Bret, Austin and Vader. Bret will now take his leave like real life and return to feud with Austin.

Austin was getting his first taste of the main event, but far too soon for him to win the title. We haven't even done Austin 3:16 yet and Jake is gone, so not sure what I'm going to do.

You could say it is too early for Mankind, although he beat Undertaker in his debut and his popularity is main event level. I'm not short of ideas for him. Shawn walking out has made my game more interesting.

Undertaker is now angry. I sweet talked him at the end of the event. It didn't change anything.

Nice post. And well done for playing the game as intended and seeing the feature for what it is (a reason to adapt and do something different) rather than just complaining about it and abandoning the save game!

Here's hoping that Piper and Savage either have neutral or good/great chemistry. Now with Piper as a heel, a feud between him and Savage could be money!

Oh man, my Road to Glory save is heating up, the economy is in the tank, money is tight, but my owner got us into the Confederation of Territories alliance.

Elliot Thomas is the holder of the Alliance title, he's got 50 pop across the US and works for NYCW. So I decide I'll have him and my user character Randy Robinson as a main event for my next monthly show.

One day before the show after I already loaned him he signs with TCW, a written deal. Which means he still has a few days for PPA deals and the loan is valid. However he holds the alliance title. I figure I'm doing the alliance a favour if he drops the title to my character. But due to the big pop disparage he won't drop the title at all, no matter which road agent notes I use.

Screw it; literally. It was time for a screw job. I managed to find Happy Ellwood as a guy who is willing to ref it, and I set it up. Elliot Thomas lost due to a submission to Randy Robinson. He now hates both me and Happy Ellwood, but who cares. I'm the COTT World Heavy Champion.

Love this. Most people would get upset and jack it in but I for one (you, two) love that long term plans need to be changed.

Like Cher sang, if I could turn back time, I would not fine.

I rejected his release, but he gave me the same response as Jake.

Ricky is a bloody road agent. I should have just ignored it. Ahhhhh, so annoyed at myself.

Sounds like a top gear/jeremy Clarkson repeat.

You handled that unfortunate event really well in my opinion. You made it clear to the public and all workers backstage that it wasn't acceptable behavior. You made him do the job before getting rid of him. He'll be back one day down the road for you I'm sure. But for now, you had to do what was right for your company. Hope things work out with that save!

Oh man, my Road to Glory save is heating up, the economy is in the tank, money is tight, but my owner got us into the Confederation of Territories alliance.

Elliot Thomas is the holder of the Alliance title, he's got 50 pop across the US and works for NYCW. So I decide I'll have him and my user character Randy Robinson as a main event for my next monthly show.

One day before the show after I already loaned him he signs with TCW, a written deal. Which means he still has a few days for PPA deals and the loan is valid. However he holds the alliance title. I figure I'm doing the alliance a favour if he drops the title to my character. But due to the big pop disparage he won't drop the title at all, no matter which road agent notes I use.

Screw it; literally. It was time for a screw job. I managed to find Happy Ellwood as a guy who is willing to ref it, and I set it up. Elliot Thomas lost due to a submission to Randy Robinson. He now hates both me and Happy Ellwood, but who cares. I'm the COTT World Heavy Champion.

That is frigging awesome!

I got a small story.

So I play a database that started with 4 workers and 4 companies... So almost everything is AI created. I get to hire this decent wrestler and have him feud with all the top heels and finally win the belt... only to a day later see him create his own company.

Man... I trusted you to carry my company... This hit me deep!

Joke's on me!

So Missy Masterson tears her rotator cuff in USPW after a botch by Killer Kass. I steal her and find out she's out a year with that injury (because USPW's too cheap to pay for surgery, I guess). I remember how much of a crapshoot surgery was in TEW13 so I take all necessary precautions (clone the save, hide the cloned save file, etc). I go through with the 'low risk' surgery and it's a complete success. She goes from being out 11 months, 3 weeks to now 2 months, 3 weeks.

I think I like this version. :p

I'm loving WEXXV <3 Here's my last two shows:

Angle A

Match C+

Angle B-

Angle C+

Match C

Match D+

Angle C+

Match C

Opener Angle B-

Overall show rating B-

Angle B

Match B

Angle A

Match C+

Angle C

Match C-

Angle C+

Match C+

Angle B

Overall show rating B-

That main event rated B was this which really surprised me as it was the main event match of my weekly event which was pretty much a throwaway event as I had multiple main event guys injured:

http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/TEW2016/bmatchwexxv.png

When starting the game I pretty much forgot about Kawamura but once he had great tag chemistry with Molokai Milk he's been slowly improving and gaining pop aswell. Munemitsu has C pop and great in-ring performance which really helped.

And also this just happened too:

http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/TEW2016/regional1.png

#1 out of 5 promotions in the regions in Japan :cool: Beat GCG, EX2010, 5SSW and SAISHO.