Official "Booking Committee" Thread

In my MLW save, I'm adding 2 titles, so I have 2 questions.

First, I'm adding an MLW Hardcore Title. Obviously all the matches for this title will be Hardcore matches. My question is what is the minimum brawling or hardcore rating I should be looking at to add wrestlers to this hardcore division.

2nd, my other new title is going to be an Upper Midcard/Main Event title, equivalent to like the NWA United States title or WWE Intercontinental Title. I'm trying to decide on a name to use. Someone suggested the MLW Openweight Title, I'm also looking at MLW American Title. Tnoughts?

2nd, my other new title is going to be an Upper Midcard/Main Event title, equivalent to like the NWA United States title or WWE Intercontinental Title. I'm trying to decide on a name to use. Someone suggested the MLW Openweight Title, I'm also looking at MLW American Title. Tnoughts?

You mean like the belt Alexander Hammerstone currently holds in MLW? Because they call that the National Openweight Title. Also do you have the Middleweight belt active at the moment or not? Between those three belts it seems like MLW has all the singles gold they need. And I sometimes wonder if the National Openweight belt is really all that necessary given how little movement there's been with that belt. Hammerstone is the inaugural and so far only holder of it.

<p>I have 4 options for my 86 SummerSlam main event. </p><p> </p><p>

Bruno will be going into the PPV as a face going for Randy Savages World title, also as a face. Bruno won the KOTR. I also have Roddy Piper (heel) returning at the PPv. He had been feuding with Savage before I suspended him.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Option 1:</strong></p><p>

Have Savage cleanly win and Piper attack Savage after the match.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pros</span></p><p>

My top face retains</p><p>

Savage/Roddy feud continues</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Cons</span></p><p>

No Bruno second run as champ</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Option 2:</strong></p><p>

Savage retains via DQ from Piper interference. Post match I could have Bruno save Savage from a beatdown.</p><p> </p><p>

My top face retains</p><p>

Savage/Piper feud continues</p><p>

Bruno Sammartino still looks strong </p><p>

The show can end with Savage and Bruno on the same side</p><p> </p><p>

The fans are screwed out of a legit finish at my #2 PPV</p><p>

Bruno doesn't get a 2nd run as champ</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Option 3:</strong></p><p>

Bruno wins with Piper interference on Savage.</p><p> </p><p>

Bruno gets a 2nd title run</p><p>

Savage/Piper feud continues</p><p> </p><p>

Bruno looks weak and almost heelish </p><p>

My top guy loses the title</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Option 4:</strong></p><p>

Bruno wins cleanly with no interference </p><p> </p><p>

Bruno gets a 2nd run</p><p>

Bruno looks strong</p><p> </p><p>

No Savage/Piper feud involved</p><p>

My top guy loses the title</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

This feels like its Brunos last chance. He won the King of the Ring tournament and it will be hard to keep him in feuds to keep his momentum going. I'd like to have a title run with him even if it's short. However, I promised myself a long title run with Savage since he is the face of my company after I fired Hogan. I said to myself he will hold the title til Wrestlemania 3 and be the one to slam Andre the Giant (I still have Nikita Koloff penciled in as a 2nd option, though). Roddy Piper is red hot and easy to get over in my game. Before his suspension he was feuding with Savage and I want to use this PPV as a springboard to a feud that will last until December where Andre will turn.</p><p> </p><p>

Any and all input is welcome along with things I haven't thought about.</p>

I have 4 options for my 86 SummerSlam main event.

Bruno will be going into the PPV as a face going for Randy Savages World title, also as a face. Bruno won the KOTR. I also have Roddy Piper (heel) returning at the PPv. He had been feuding with Savage before I suspended him.

Option 1:

Have Savage cleanly win and Piper attack Savage after the match.

Pros

My top face retains

Savage/Roddy feud continues

Cons

No Bruno second run as champ

Option 2:

Savage retains via DQ from Piper interference. Post match I could have Bruno save Savage from a beatdown.

Pros

My top face retains

Savage/Piper feud continues

Bruno Sammartino still looks strong

The show can end with Savage and Bruno on the same side

Cons

The fans are screwed out of a legit finish at my #2 PPV

Bruno doesn't get a 2nd run as champ

Option 3:

Bruno wins with Piper interference on Savage.

Pros

Bruno gets a 2nd title run

Savage/Piper feud continues

Cons

Bruno looks weak and almost heelish

My top guy loses the title

Option 4:

Bruno wins cleanly with no interference

Pros

Bruno gets a 2nd run

Bruno looks strong

Cons

No Savage/Piper feud involved

My top guy loses the title

This feels like its Brunos last chance. He won the King of the Ring tournament and it will be hard to keep him in feuds to keep his momentum going. I'd like to have a title run with him even if it's short. However, I promised myself a long title run with Savage since he is the face of my company after I fired Hogan. I said to myself he will hold the title til Wrestlemania 3 and be the one to slam Andre the Giant (I still have Nikita Koloff penciled in as a 2nd option, though). Roddy Piper is red hot and easy to get over in my game. Before his suspension he was feuding with Savage and I want to use this PPV as a springboard to a feud that will last until December where Andre will turn.

Any and all input is welcome along with things I haven't thought about.

Unless you re-booked the 70's, Bruno's already had a second title run (lost 1st to Ivan Koloff, won it back from Stan Stasiak after a few years, lost it to Superstar Billy Graham). So at this point in 86, the bloom's probably well off Bruno's tree and he's best served putting over future main eventers until he retires. I'd say keep the title on Savage clean, do a handshake/show of respect at the end, then have Piper come down and ruin it, setting up a coupe of tag matches and potentially giving Bruno some to mentor/work with.

Unless you re-booked the 70's, Bruno's already had a second title run (lost 1st to Ivan Koloff, won it back from Stan Stasiak after a few years, lost it to Superstar Billy Graham). So at this point in 86, the bloom's probably well off Bruno's tree and he's best served putting over future main eventers until he retires. I'd say keep the title on Savage clean, do a handshake/show of respect at the end, then have Piper come down and ruin it, setting up a coupe of tag matches and potentially giving Bruno some to mentor/work with.

Ahh yeah I don't know why I was thinking Bruno only had 1 long run. I got to booking the show and really thought about it and couldn't pull thr trigger for one reason, Brunos stamina. I remembered booking a 14 minute match a couple months ago and he was visibly tired by the end. Savage and Bruno onoy went 12 and he was tired again. Savage retained, there was a handshake, Bruno left Savage and Elizabeth in the middle of the ring to celebrate on their own when Piper's music hit. He made a beeline to Savage and they started brawling. Piper got the upper hand with Savage already had worked a match. Bruno ran back down to chase Piper off.

Essentially I went with what you just said without reading your comment. Bob Backlund is going to be on Pipers side and well have a tag match main event next months PPV and a Piper/Savage and Backlund/Bruno main event at the following PPV. Andre will return from here and feud with Savage. I think I have a pretty good gameplan til Mania now.

Thanks for your comment!

• 4 weeks later...

<p>I'm curious. </p><p>

How would you guys book a "vampire" character in a current day promotion that is not so heavy on kayfabe</p><p> </p><p>

I'm planning to start a new Thunderverse game and scouting free agents I came across Lugosi and some of his alts made me want to hire him but I don't have any ideas on how to use his gimmick without booking him like a supernatural monster. </p><p> </p><p>

Any suggestions will be of help</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adelwolf" data-cite="Adelwolf" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm curious. <p> How would you guys book a "vampire" character in a current day promotion that is not so heavy on kayfabe</p><p> </p><p> I'm planning to start a new Thunderverse game and scouting free agents I came across Lugosi and some of his alts made me want to hire him but I don't have any ideas on how to use his gimmick without booking him like a supernatural monster. </p><p> </p><p> Any suggestions will be of help</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think I'd make him an instigator. A provacateur. Annoying people to try and suck their focus from them rather than blood. And having his targets complaining the guy is an "Energy vampire"</p>

• 1 month later...
I'm curious.

How would you guys book a "vampire" character in a current day promotion that is not so heavy on kayfabe

I'm planning to start a new Thunderverse game and scouting free agents I came across Lugosi and some of his alts made me want to hire him but I don't have any ideas on how to use his gimmick without booking him like a supernatural monster.

Any suggestions will be of help

Considering there are people in this world who condor themselves to be vampires, and live the life as it were, I'd go that route. Instead of the Bela Lugosi Dracula route, go with the "I admire Anne Rice and try to be the vampire Lestat" route.

I started play as SWF and I planning create a New Day-like stable. Who do you think would be a good counterpart of Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods?

If you can get all of them Bennie Benson, Greg Black and Art Reed have always been similar to them. If unavailable you could try something like Fro Sure, Xavi Ferrera and Joffy Laine. Three guys that can go in the ring and on the mic and typically develop into stars.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the retirement of Vince McMahon.

Week 1: Vince comes out and makes the announcement that he is handing down the company to Shane Steph and HHH (turning him face in the process due to the "thank you Vince" chants). Paul Heyman comes out and tells him that it is a mistake. He should be the one that runs the company. He has already been producing RAW, plus he is more plugged in to the new hip fans. Shane Steph and HHH agree to hold off for one week for Vince to make his decision.

Week 2: Vince decides to not put Heyman in control. Naturally, Heyman is upset. After a argument/promo in the ring, Brock Lesnar runs out and F5s Vince, Shane, and HHH, leaving Steph alone in the ring. Later that night, Steph comes back out to announce that her family will be back next week to address the situation.

Week 3: The McMahons all come out as a sign of solidarity. Vince then makes the announcement. At WrestleMania 37, it will be Brock Lesnar (not a champ) and Paul Heyman vs. Vince and Shane McMahon NO DQ. If Heyman and Lesnar win, they get control of the company. If Vince and Shane win, Shane Steph and HHH gain control. Steph and HHH later on confront Vince and question why he would wrestle one more time at his age. He reminds them that he STILL has balls the size of grapefruits, and that no one will force his family out of the company.

Week 4: Heyman and Lesnar calls out Steph. He wants Steph to talk some sense into Vince seeing as that she is the only one with some sense in the family. Steph said that even though she doesn't agree with the move, at WrestleMania, one way of the other, Heyman will kiss Vince's ass. Heyman reminds her that she is the only one who has not felt the wrath of Brock Lesnar, then Lesnar F5's Steph. Shane and HHH chase off Brock and Heyman while Vince checks on Steph.

WRESTLEMANIA: While Brock dominates the match, we do see Shane do a coast to coast to Lesnar and Vince do a pedigree through an announcers table to Heyman. Just when Lesnar is about ready to finish off the McMahons, music hits and The Undertaker comes out IN HIS AMERICAN BAD ASS CHARACTER! He powerbombs Lesnar with Heyman cowering in the corner. Taker pulls Vince on top of Lesnar for the win, setting up Lesnar and Taker working together moving forward.

Hi all, hope everyone is doing okay in this time.

Like most of you, I have a ton of free time now and am looking to get back into TEW2016 so that I am ready for 2020!!!

Looking for rules to a January 2006 WWE mod. Playing as Shane O-Mac.

I'm trying to keep it as realistic as possible, but because the Spirit Squad hadn't debuted yet (middle of January), I'm sending them back down (that won't happen!) I also cut The Dicks (lol), Juventud and some lower name guys I didn't like.

Just looking for a set of rules. Maybe limits on who I can hire, call-up. Maybe one of those list of 4 superstars and I have to do choose 1 thing out of the list for one of them.

Thanks and stay safe everyone!

<p>Thinking about starting a new game as WCW using the WCW Lives mod. I think I'm going to introduce a version of the 4 Horsemen, but not sure who will join Flair in the group. Ideally I want 3 wrestlers who are fairly young so this can keep them occupied whilst they develop. </p><p> </p><p>

I need a rival stable for them to feud with so I originally thought about a short Flair/Sting feud over who is the face of WCW. Flair can reveal the new 4H and Sting can reveal his own stable of guys. Doesn't really fit with Sting though. </p><p> </p><p>

The alternative would be a Kevin Nash led stable to keep him away from the title </p><p> </p><p>

Ideas on who would work in the stables?</p>

Thinking about starting a new game as WCW using the WCW Lives mod. I think I'm going to introduce a version of the 4 Horsemen, but not sure who will join Flair in the group. Ideally I want 3 wrestlers who are fairly young so this can keep them occupied whilst they develop.

I need a rival stable for them to feud with so I originally thought about a short Flair/Sting feud over who is the face of WCW. Flair can reveal the new 4H and Sting can reveal his own stable of guys. Doesn't really fit with Sting though.

The alternative would be a Kevin Nash led stable to keep him away from the title

Ideas on who would work in the stables?

Lance Storm and Mike Awesome would be two that would spring to mind that I could totally see fitting into a four horseman type stable. Awesome particularly would benefit from being mentored by Flair to shake off some of his atrocious historical booking in WCW

You've also got the likes of Palumbo, O'Haire & Jindrak who could fit into a group lead by Flair

I had already considered Storm and Awesome so glad to hear someone agree.

How about a rival stable? Doesn't have to be led by anyone in particular. I've considered an RVD, Dreamer, Sabu stable led by Jake Roberts or Funk as a hardcore alternative to the 4H

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I had already considered Storm and Awesome so glad to hear someone agree. <p> </p><p> How about a rival stable? Doesn't have to be led by anyone in particular. I've considered an RVD, Dreamer, Sabu stable led by Jake Roberts or Funk as a hardcore alternative to the 4H</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is Jericho still will WCW in that mod? If so he works for either imo. Can be a horsemen or I've had him start rival factions after being offended Flair didn't offer him a spot in the new horsemen.</p>

Jericho isn't, no. I wish he was.

My computer decided to break on Friday, so ive been jotting down some ideas until I fix it this week. Dusty will be introduced as the new head booker for the recently saved WCW. A press conference will be held prior to the first show where Rhodes will announce that things will be different this time. No more egos running the show, the fsce/heel divide will be blurred, storylines will be rawer and realistic. As well as that, the TV title will return and all other titles will become vacant. Any stables or tag teams that don't fit with the new look WCW will be disbanded without explanation.

The New Four Horseman - Flair announces he is bringing back the 4HM and spends months scouting out the perfect team. Eventually settling on Lance Strom, Mike Awesome and Chuck Palumbo/Chris Candido/Shane Douglas (not sure who yet). The newly formed stable will be attacked by an ECW stable of RVD, Dreamer, Sabu and Sandman lead by Funk or Roberts.

Rhodes Nepotism - Dustin gets accused of using Dusty's position as head booker to his advantage. Sets out to prove himself, possibly leading to him winning the world title at Starrcade

Totally Buffed - Luger and Bagwell win the newly available tag titles, spending the next few months as cocky, arrogant champions that put away any challengers. Eventually lose at Starrcade to an up and coming team.

Nash without his Wolfpac - Nash is struggling to go it alone, after relying on his stablemates for so long. Decides to take someone under his wing and form a mutually beneficial relationship. Nash turns on his protege when given a better offer by an old friend (ideally Hall) claiming he was just using him and it's just business. Can lead to a student v master match at Starrcade

TV Title - the TV title is reintroduced and if you can defend it 15 times, you get a title shot! Plan to have someone win it and lose at 14 defences. This will lead to them going on a redemption run where they win it again and liar and cheat in order to keep the run going. They could lose it again at 14, but not sure what the payoff would be with that story.

Sting v Booker - a prolonged Sting v Booker feud. Sting is the long term face of WCW and Booker was stripped of his title whilst out injured. Should write itself.

Battle of the Cutter - DDP v Kanyon. Old v young. Cutter v cutter.

US title Super Six - JJ, Rey, Bam Bam... And three others in a series of battles revolving around the US title.

---

These are all rough ideas and in the early stages of planning, but I think there's some decent stuff there to fill the 6-7 months leading.

This does leave Steiner without a storyline so would need something for him.

Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated

How about Big Poppa Plump When You Cook Him being the standardbearer for the Dustin = nepotism complaints?

Maybe Sean O'Haire for the storyline with Kevin Nash. Big guy with skills and personality. Credible choice for a Nash given his size. Could get the rub from Nash but still have the goods to go it alone when the old buddy shows up. Maybe have them dominating a team like Styles and Daniels as both would have been on the WCW undercard when the company went under in reality.

Maybe Mike Sanders for the six way for the U.S. title. Guy had a great deal of potential but could be said to be shooting over his head against the guys you named already

How about Big Poppa Plump When You Cook Him being the standardbearer for the Dustin = nepotism complaints?

Maybe Sean O'Haire for the storyline with Kevin Nash. Big guy with skills and personality. Credible choice for a Nash given his size. Could get the rub from Nash but still have the goods to go it alone when the old buddy shows up. Maybe have them dominating a team like Styles and Daniels as both would have been on the WCW undercard when the company went under in reality.

Maybe Mike Sanders for the six way for the U.S. title. Guy had a great deal of potential but could be said to be shooting over his head against the guys you named already

I was thinking about having Steiner accuse Dustin and then eventually put him on the shelf. Steiner wins a WCW MITB type tournament and then cashes in after a Sting v Booker title match. Dustin then returns and seeks revenge on Steiner leading to a title match at Starrcade. But that would end my Sting v Booker title feud early so I'd have to find something for them.

O'Haire is a good choice and him and Nash will look good dominating smaller tag teams and jobbers.

Playing as PGHW in CV 1997 and I'm coming up on one of the big 4 events with Night of Honor. Hito Ichihara is my champion and the initial plan was to have him drop the title to Nobuatsu Tatsuko and usher in a bit of a youth phase after the companies first year in existence was spent mostly relying on the older established guys. Tatsuko's defining moment was to be the Honda Tadakatsu Invitational (8 man scramble match for a right to go to Night of Honor and fight for the title.) Unfortunately in the final match, which Tatsuko won, he suffered an injury that will end his tour. Thus we are left with a big 4 event without a clear cut main event. Below are my ideas to fill the spot.

1. Lee Wright - Lee Wright has risen to 90+ popularity in my game and is putting on violent brawl after violent brawl even surpassing Dread in terms of popularity in Japan. He is the clear cut top gaijin in the company. He also has a ready made storyline with Hito Ichihara going to a 30 minute draw with him in this year's Elite Series and then later scoring a pinfall victory over him and calling him out for a title shot. Unfortunately for Lee that title shot never materialized, however this could be a match that rights that wrong? Unfortunately if I did go with Lee it would mean scraping another well built storyline between Wright and his partner Raymond Diaz and The Rebellion. They are scheduled to face off for the Glory Tag Crown in a match that is sure to bring the house down (Wright is 90+ pop, 2 of the others 80+, and the straggler is 75+). The Rebellion will take the titles here with Wright & Diaz winning the Tag Team Elite Series next tour to set up a main event level re-match to cap that tour off. If Wright gets the shot here I have to rebook all of that but I'm sure I could come up with something. It just wouldn't make any sense to me to have The Rebellion enter the Elite Series and being forced to win to earn a title shot when the build suggests they have clearly earned it at this point.

2. Mito Miwa - Miwa is coming off an injury that forced him to vacate his PGHW Tokyo Prefecture Championship and is considered one of the very top 3 young guns in the company. He also happens to be Nobuatsu Tatsuko's kayfabe best friend and could use that as a means to build a match. Miwa has not yet returned but has the green light to return in 6 days, plenty of time to make the event and give it a proper build. Tatsuko stepped in for Miwa and faced Danger Kumasaka for his championship when Miwa was hurt and ultimately lost, Miwa would be returning the favor of sorts and stepping in here(and causing a bit more drama [Tatsuko "losing" Miwa's title also being a source of drama] by being the first of the two to receive a title shot). Of course if I go that route, it would be at the expense of Miwa-Kumasaka (and Kumasaka is EXACTLY the type of guy Miwa should be working with right now to train him up). Miwa is not as far along as Tatsuko and would not be a candidate to actually win this match. His psychology appears to be lower as is his popularity. In fact he is least over of all the candidates to replace Tatsuko, but it would further the long term burn of an eventual Tatsuko-Miwa split if he returned the favor here and stepped in.

3. Eisaku Hoshino - Hoshino has quietly became one of the companies' early success stories. The young 23 year old has built himself up to low 90's high 80's everywhere in Japan and his recent stretch of matchups show he may be ready as he only has a couple of sub 80 rated matches this tour and is coming off a 91 with Koryusai Kitoaji in the Honda Tadakatsu Invitational. Hoshino has no built in storyline, but he is free of anything right now and would be a candidate to actually win the title here setting the stage for a returning Nobuatsu Tatsuko to chase him. If he isn't in this matchup, he is the PGHW Historical Japan Champion and a contender will be set up for him between now and the big show (that contender just hasn't been picked yet) so it isn't like he has nothing to do. He has just simply gotten so over so quickly (March he was 49 and now 89 in August in the same zone) that he hasn't had a lot of stories built up for him besides his current defending champion one.

4. Yoshifusa Maeda - Maeda is a legend in Japan and the ace of a rival company that also splits his time with us. Sounds like a super fight....except we already did it May and it was great. This is our hail mary we don't want to mess with anything and we just want to close this tour with the status quo. Would allow for us to put on a main event quality matchup ending with an Ichihara victory and we could then continue Ichihara-Nobuatsu next tour without tearing up any additional storylines we have built up this tour. Honestly, this would probably be the best QUALITY matchup we could put on.

All of our other top guys have either exhausted their believable amount of title shots (you lose twice to the same guy I'm not selling that a third time) or are in the middle of what I would call a blood feud that simply can't be postponed. What would you guys do here if you were booking it?

<p>I choose Mito Miwa. The story of being best friends with the injured challenger who already filled in for him once and now will return the favor is so good. Not only that, but it would help establish Miwa as a future star even in a loss. Sometimes it's more important about building the future (and creating a long-term story) at the expense of getting a high rating, which you may get anyway. The game may not truly simulate it, but having Miwa in that spot will show the fans he is your future.</p><p> </p><p>

If not him, then I like Hoshino for basically the same reasons. He doesn't have a match already so that also helps a lot.</p><p> </p><p>

If you can't tell, my advice is to take advantage of the situation by throwing a young guy in there and have Ichihara win and wait for Tatsuko to take the belt. Young guy gets over, Ichihara gets another defense, and Tatsuko gets the title that you planned for him to win.</p>

I'm currently planning out a WCW Lives 2001 game for when 2020 comes out and I'm stuck as to what to do with the Tag Team Titles.

Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire are the champions and I'm unsure what to do with them. The standard go-to feud is with Lance Storm & Mike Awesome, as they're close in overness, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on a different direction to go?

I'm currently planning out a WCW Lives 2001 game for when 2020 comes out and I'm stuck as to what to do with the Tag Team Titles.

Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire are the champions and I'm unsure what to do with them. The standard go-to feud is with Lance Storm & Mike Awesome, as they're close in overness, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on a different direction to go?

I'm doing a 2001 game now and Palumbo & O'Haire are about to drop the titles to Totally Buffed who have aligned with Stacy Kiebler. They've been running a regular feature called Pose Party where they give their thoughts on things going on in WCW whilst posing and oiling up.

They are about to win a tournament and take the titles and then hold them until the end of the year where they will drop them to Awesome and Storm who have been recruited (along with Dustin Rhodes and AJ Styles) to form the new 4 Horsemen.

I think Chuck and O'Haire may go on a bit of a losing streak once they've dropped the titles but not sure yet