Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Guys, <p> </p><p> Champagne Lover is off to film a movie a couple of weeks after I was going to put the belt on him at Supreme Challenge. </p><p> </p><p> Can I put the filming back a bit so he can have a short title run and then head off?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. You should have got a news popup that he was leaving in three months to film a movie. If you put the strap on him right before he left that's just from not paying attention. </p><p> </p><p> He shouldn't be gone that long. You could pull a ECW (The FTW World Heavyweight Championship) and have a new guy bring in his OWN world title belt and then have him wrestle CL when he comes back to unify the titles. SWF has a bunch of unused belt models in the game, or you could use a generic one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No. You should have got a news popup that he was leaving in three months to film a movie. If you put the strap on him right before he left that's just from not paying attention. <p> </p><p> He shouldn't be gone that long. You could pull a ECW (The FTW World Heavyweight Championship) and have a new guy bring in his OWN world title belt and then have him wrestle CL when he comes back to unify the titles. SWF has a bunch of unused belt models in the game, or you could use a generic one.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, it's still 2 months 3 weeks away but I've been planning him going over Remo at SC since the day he started. It's not very realistic, should be some negoitation involved when it's your top guy. Maybe I'll have someone else win the rumble now.</p>

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I tried to hire Sam Strong, but without any announcement, he said he just wanted to enjoy retirement. So if he's retiring, why was there no announcement? This was back in day 1 of my SWF save. In day 2 i got a message saying negotiations had failed for that reason. Why no announcement, though?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's a "retired wrestler" and the database is set to where that appears to be his only possible job. It's potentially an oversight.</p><p> </p><p> Maybe just go set his "Featured Role" in the editor to allow him to be a personality or a road agent or what have you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I tried to hire Sam Strong, but without any announcement, he said he just wanted to enjoy retirement. So if he's retiring, why was there no announcement? This was back in day 1 of my SWF save. In day 2 i got a message saying negotiations had failed for that reason. Why no announcement, though?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I think that's because he's got no roles assigned. I don't know if that's an oversight as skinsfan suggested. Sam is going to entirely leave the business pretty soon anyways so there really is no reason for him to have a role at the start of the game.</p>

<p>So I've got NJPW as a Child Company in my save. In that save, I've decided I want to trim down their roster and use my main roster guys in that territory. So I changed them to a Development Territory, and start making cuts. There's plenty of guys on the roster to meet the minimum, but I can't stop NJPW from offering these guys. </p><p> </p><p>

As I understand it, being a Development Territory, if the roster size is met, should not allow this.</p><p> </p><p>

Any suggestions?</p>

<p>If you want them to not hire any new people you can switch them from Child Company to Developmental Territory; though they can still extend the contracts of anyone they have their. This will mean you will have to ensure they have enough of a roster to run shows, since they won't be able to hire anyone if they don't.</p><p> </p><p>

As for why they're hiring people I'm not sure. The two possibilities I see are that whoever is set as owner of NJPW has a large or higher roster size preference so they're hiring more people than necessary. The other option is that if NJPW is set up to have a weight split it pretty much always results in the company hiring twice as many wrestlers as they need; it's kind of a busted feature atm.</p><p> </p><p>

So I would suggest looking at NJPW's product and seeing if there's a weight split, if yes then turn it off. If that isn't the issue I'd suggest using the in game editor to look at the owner stats of whoever is in charge and making sure their roster size preference is set to normal.</p>

<p>I have 2 wrestlers slated to leave the company next month to make a movie. I understand how it affects my booking...but will it affect his popularity (or anything else) upon his return? </p><p> </p><p>

Is this a potential game changer, or just a random occurrence to make you more creative w/your booking?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I think that's because he's got no roles assigned. I don't know if that's an oversight as skinsfan suggested. Sam is going to entirely leave the business pretty soon anyways so there really is no reason for him to have a role at the start of the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought this as well and gave him roles, but the same thing happens. Which is mind boggling. If he's not available to use, why just not put him out of the business? It's a shame too, as I had great plans for him.</p>

Guest skinsfan55

<p>How do you make money with PSW? </p><p> </p><p>

I am trying to book with them and make a hardcore product. I've only got $250,000 in the bank so I set up a January show and I boost the Live Event experience to Medium but that's it. </p><p> </p><p>

I book the show, and everything looks good... </p><p> </p><p>

But at the end of it, I'm in the hole $8,500. Do I just have to lose money for a little bit until things catch up? Also, USPW keeps stealing all my talent. The Philly Blondes I can understand. Greg Black makes sense... but what the hell are they going to do with a Pimp character?</p>

This is probably a simple solution that I’m missing but I couldn’t find the answer

How can I redownload the default database? I’ve messed with mine so much between adding characters, companies and contracts that I can’t remember what’s canon anymore haha

Unless someone has a link to it, the more simple way I can remember is to install the game in a different partition than the one you have TEW in, copy the DB to the default installation (this time save it for future purposes) and then delete the second install.

Unless someone has a link to it, the more simple way I can remember is to install the game in a different partition than the one you have TEW in, copy the DB to the default installation (this time save it for future purposes) and then delete the second install.

I just keep a vanilla .mdb in its own folder called backup_DB from this process.

This is probably a simple solution that I’m missing but I couldn’t find the answer

How can I redownload the default database? I’ve messed with mine so much between adding characters, companies and contracts that I can’t remember what’s canon anymore haha

There's a copy in the latest patch thread.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's a copy in the latest patch thread.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh wow thank you so much! Can’t believe I missed that!</p>

<p>I have 2 wrestlers slated to leave the company next month to make a movie. I understand how it affects my booking...but will it affect his popularity (or anything else) upon his return? </p><p> </p><p>

Is this a potential game changer, or just a random occurrence to make you more creative w/your booking?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have 2 wrestlers slated to leave the company next month to make a movie. I understand how it affects my booking...but will it affect his popularity (or anything else) upon his return? <p> </p><p> Is this a potential game changer, or just a random occurrence to make you more creative w/your booking?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In many cases I've seen workers leave for a movie and end up with 99 overness after. Depending on how long he's out, it could drop a bit due to inactivity but it is almost always a positive in the popularity department.</p>

How long does it take for an announcing teams experience to rise? I've had the same announcing teams for my shows since I started my save in Jan. 1991, I'm up to April 1991, and my announcing experiences are still low. I've got JR and Jesse Ventura on my A show, with JR and Magnum T.A. on my B show, with all 3 of them on my PPV's and Big shows. I would have thought by now announcing experiences would have increased.

Guest skinsfan55
How long does it take for an announcing teams experience to rise? I've had the same announcing teams for my shows since I started my save in Jan. 1991, I'm up to April 1991, and my announcing experiences are still low. I've got JR and Jesse Ventura on my A show, with JR and Magnum T.A. on my B show, with all 3 of them on my PPV's and Big shows. I would have thought by now announcing experiences would have increased.

The game literally tells you...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are there any limits on how many workers you can loan into your company, or from another company, at any given time?<p> </p><p> I want to run a tournament with international teams, including loaning in two workers each from AJPW, NJPW and CMLL. I'm pretty sure I can have two from a single company at any time, but can I have six workers in at the same time?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To answer my own question, I was able to loan all six workers simultaneously... But wow, did I have to pay for it - I think I had to authorise 27 loans out, plus a total of about $300,000 in payments... But then, I was trying to get the best workers from companies in completely foreign countries. Seems fair. Ish.</p>

<p>Sabu is refusing to work a barbed wire match because there is too much of a risk he will get injured.</p><p> </p><p>

Is this his personality - he's listed as "timid" in the mod.</p><p> </p><p>

Or his physical state (previous injuries)</p><p> </p><p>

Or a mixture of both?</p><p> </p><p>

It means a slight change of plans so I'd like to have an idea so I don't fence myself into a corner in the future.</p><p> </p><p>

Quote The Raven</p><p>

Nevermore</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will my big main event match potentially rate higher on a historic PPV like Summerslam as opposed to Judgement Day?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, though SummerSlam shouldn't be set as 'Historic'.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlameSnoopy" data-cite="FlameSnoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, though SummerSlam shouldn't be set as 'Historic'.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It isn’t set as historic, but it does have a high rating. I can’t check right now. </p><p> </p><p> Thank you. Looking at having Austin win his first world title and I can’t wait as long as WM</p>