TEW2016 Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found what I think might be a glitch. When you create a new database and put picture folders in it and then go into the database the new photos don't show up. (For example, I added a modern mod and copied my modern pictures to the database). I went to the Database Info and it says it is pulling the pictures from the new database file but it is actually pulling them from the default.

I simply switched to default, saved, then switched back to the new database picture file, saved and it fixed it. Not sure if that is a glitch or not but that is something that gave me a headache for awhile.

You have to go to "Database Info" and choose which folder.

Is it just me or are the popularity requirements to get any type of broadcasting deal really harsh? I was looking at Japan and unless I'm missing something (which is totally possible) you need 35 pop in the entire country to get any type of broadcasting deal. And it doesn't seem to be much easier in other places.

I know it's not really a big deal since we can edit the requirements but is the default data really that unfriendly to regional companies that want to be broadcasted? Or, since I know how spillover works has changed a bit, is it that much easier to gain pop nationwide without a broadcasting deal?

Can the music be edited to switch to a different song, by chance?

There's a music folder so I assume you can. Just move your desired mp3 file into it. Worst case scenario, rename your desired file 'Take_The_Bow.mp3', delete the old one and replace it with yours.

More details, good sir. Subscription? How big did you go? How much did it cost?

The maximum cost for a broadcaster seems to be $145,000,000 (Enormous in all game areas). I checked all types but chose Free to Air (for its singular benefit) and there are also costs (or profits) associated with the broadcast type you choose.

My complaints come from the fact that I feel like I'm playing 2013 with a new patch. I would happily pay around $10, but I just feel that the normal $35 is a little much for what doesn't feel like much of an improvement. A problem that my friend has is that the rate of workers asking for a raise is far too high, with 2-3 people asking for a raise every week, in his words "It feels like a punishment for building people more than a real world feature". I agree with this as in what company are upwards of 6 people asking for a raise in 2 weeks?

I would suggest you read some wrestling books. According to JTG's last book, it's not uncommon for (non-"top guy") workers to ask for raises within six months of signing a contract, especially if their push is going well. When Fandangoing was a thing, Johnny Curtis got two raises in a six month period (and he was a midcarder!).

Also, I would completely disagree with your 'this is just a patch' assertion. I tend to dissect TEWs to learn the ins and outs of each edition and this one is DEEP. Maybe if you're simply fantasy booking or only paying attention to superficial details (like the UI being familiar), that could be true. But I'm going to be experimenting until at least Thursday, just to see what works and what doesn't anymore (and there WILL be things that no longer work).

First time writing on here but long time lurker lol...Started playing 2013 about 2 years now. so was wondering if there was a way to make the booking screen the way it was in 2013 where the main event ends up being at the bottom and the opener at the top.......Just a bit frustrating :(

You have to go to "Database Info" and choose which folder.

I know. I said that I went to the Database Info. When I did, the new database picture folder was said to be applied but it wasn't. It only worked after I switched from it back to the default and then switched back to the new database.

First time writing on here but long time lurker lol...Started playing 2013 about 2 years now. so was wondering if there was a way to make the booking screen the way it was in 2013 where the main event ends up being at the bottom and the opener at the top.......Just a bit frustrating :(

There isn't, unfortunately. I'm sure you'll get used to it after a while. It was a bit jarring for me at first too, but it does make sense once you get used to it.

how do i extend tv show contracts??

Broadcasting > Negotiate > Select the show from the dropdown underneath Extend Deal For... > Click the Extend Deal For... button itself.

I would suggest you read some wrestling books. According to JTG's last book, it's not uncommon for (non-"top guy") workers to ask for raises within six months of signing a contract, especially if their push is going well. When Fandangoing was a thing, Johnny Curtis got two raises in a six month period (and he was a midcarder!).

That's not my problem, it's the problem that it happens too frequently, I've played about a month into an SWF game and I've had 8 people ask me for a raise. It becomes annoying when every other day Midcarder Joe asks for a raise and when I don't give it to him he get's mad at me. If the chances of this encounter happening could be decreased I feel like that would be a great improvement and if not, I would appreciate a way to turn it off.

That's not my problem, it's the problem that it happens too frequently, I've played about a month into an SWF game and I've had 8 people ask me for a raise. It becomes annoying when every other day Midcarder Joe asks for a raise and when I don't give it to him he get's mad at me. If the chances of this encounter happening could be decreased I feel like that would be a great improvement and if not, I would appreciate a way to turn it off.

That's probably because the game just started and they weren't being paid what the AI would normally have them be paid. After they got what they wanted I don't think they would ask for more so it's not like it would happen often, just a lot at the start of the game.

That's probably because the game just started and they weren't being paid what the AI would normally have them be paid. After they got what they wanted I don't think they would ask for more so it's not like it would happen often, just a lot at the start of the game.

Maybe, but we can't tell, you have to take everything as it is when you can only play the 2 month demo.

Where is the Technical Support Thread?

The Technical Support Forum seems to be missing, I am having an issue with me TEW 2016 Beta that I also had in my TEW 2013 copy and I want to figure out how to fix as soon as possible.

For tv show deals with the broadcasters, in the past we used to be able to edit how much the costs of broadcasting a tv show went to the company and the broadcaster in percentage and we used to be able to negotiate the profits from a tv show between a broadcaster. Has that changed because I don't see how to do that now.

I'm curious: Why is anyone allowed to edit any company's Hall of Fame at any time? Is it because the AI won't add anyone and so it's up to the player to populate the individual halls if they care enough to do so?

I think I remember reading it was because its purely a cosmetic feature and there for the player can add who ever they want to whatever company they please. I'm fairly sure the AI will add works who qualify as and when they retire.

I'm curious: Why is anyone allowed to edit any company's Hall of Fame at any time? Is it because the AI won't add anyone and so it's up to the player to populate the individual halls if they care enough to do so?

I had a question regarding this as well even though mine is slightly different.

I'd like to know if a worker has to be preset in order to get into a promotion's HOF or if they'd be able to make it in without being preset as long as they meet the requirements?

EDIT: Question was answered above :D

A couple small things:

Typo in Petr Novak's bio.

You can't see what age you're searching for in the search for local talents screen so you kind of have to guess.

Some companies have too low of a production value to start with, they fix it within the first few weeks though.

Momentum

Wow, Momentum effects have been overhauled a lot it seems... I no longer get people commenting about "I need more momentum to be believable to get a title" which I seem to remember most of my roster saying in 2013. Even people with "Minor Negative" Momentum seem to be wanting a title... it doesn't appear that there is any problems with momentum until it hits "Negative" (and it seems the space between minor negative and minor positive is truly huge).

I obviously cannot test it in game, but doesn't this make momentum less of an issue to quite a large degree? (though I cannot really test it how having a low momentum champion would affect title prestige over a long time)

Archived