The Official ThunderVerse Thread

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm struggling to learn the universe on the national level, so I'm thinking of starting at the bottom. What company resembles a mixture of NXT with a bit of LU sprinkled in with regards to the wonderful characters.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> WrestlesaurusX or POW! are what I'd suggest. Maaaaaayyyyyyyybe PWG.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<p>Gotten really into IWF recently, the simple setup is more than enough to sink my teeth into and the characters really come alive for me.</p><p> </p><p>

So allow me to tell you the story of:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>THE KING OF GLADIATORS TOURNAMENT</strong></p><p> </p><p>

An attempt by <strong>Gabriella Battaglia</strong> to inject her company with some serious majesty, the King of Gladiators tournament's first iteration consisted of competitors from within and without IWF (notably members of N-EW and CWE rosters) facing off in regular one-on-one matches until the final where the last two men standing would try to grab the King of Gladiators Trophy in a ladder match!</p><p> </p><p>

It was supposed to be the ultimate triumph of the Battaglia's...unfortunately it would be one of their own who'd prove the spoiler for their clan.</p><p> </p><p>

The previous month, <strong>Leonzio Battaglia</strong> shocked the IWF roster when he boldly turned on his tag partner <strong>Romeo</strong> in a tag match with <strong>Nicolo and Andrea Calicchio</strong> to nothing short of elope with <strong>Stefania Calicchio</strong> (Nicolo and Andrea's sister, as well as Romeo's arranged bride!). Going in one fell swoop from arrogant narcissist to dashing rogue (mostly due to a Great rating on his new Show Stealer gimmick), Leonzio and his beloved would not be seen by anyone in IWF until the both of them came riding into the tournament arena on the back of a motorcycle.</p><p> </p><p>

From there the two lovers would be the subject of major intrigue, from the Battaglia's thinking he's lost his mind for even having feelings for a Calicchio in the first place, to the Calicchio's wanting to tear Leonzio apart for running off with their sister, to the ever present meddling of <strong>Alberto Totti</strong> and his <strong>Excellence</strong> stable implying that Leonzio and Stefania were now with the both of them.</p><p> </p><p>

In first round action every single of the 'Guest' wrestlers were eliminated, from lovable American <strong>Will Hughes</strong> (eliminated by <strong>Teodoro Battaglia</strong>...and Teodoro's brass knucks) to the arrogant model <strong>Martino</strong> (bested by <strong>Tommasso Calicchio</strong>), while in a battle of homegrown stars <strong>D'Artagnan LeClerc</strong> once again found himself falling to the numbers game of Excellence like he had for months before, being sucker punched by new member <strong>Diesel Train</strong> to allow <strong>Antonio Bocchetti</strong> to pick up the win.</p><p> </p><p>

However, when Leonzio took to the ring, Stefania by his side, he was faced with his own mother who revealed a surprise entrant into tournament:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Star of Ring and TV Screen, Alexsandr Nordskov!</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The arrogant actor battled long and hard with Leonzio in a very competitive bout, but ultimately -like the other special guests- Nordskov fell victim to Leonzio's superior skill and the semi finals were set. Leonzio would not have much time to rest as he would be up against his own brother, Teodoro, with only the buffer of a grudge match between the bully <strong>Vincenzo Battaglia</strong> and the underdog <strong>Andrea Callichio</strong> to catch his breath. Tellingly, after losing the match, Vincenzo approached Leonzio on his was to the locker room, warning his older brother that while he was conflicted about wanting to fight him, well...</p><p> </p><p>

"Teodoro wants to hurt you. Bad."</p><p> </p><p>

And damn if Teodoro didn't try, throwing everything he had at the man who was rapidly getting the fans behind him. Every dirty trick in the Battaglia book was being thrown at Leonzio, with only the fact he himself had read from that book being his saving grace. Eventually Leonzio was able to best his brother with a Lionhearter (Diamond Cutter) after Teodoro failed to connect with a brass knuckle shot and punching his ticket to the finals.</p><p> </p><p>

It was here that Totti got involved, delivering a promo insinuating that with Excellence quite decidedly on the ascent, the two members of IWF's founding clans decided to play for the winning team and tried to show it when he had the Canadian Enforcer <strong>Beast Bradshaw</strong> blatantly get Bocchetti DQ'd so the two could lay a beating down on Tommasso Calicchio to soften him for the finals. This plan would fall apart in short order, when Leonzio himself came out for the save...only to get shoved away and threatened when Tommaso regained his sense. It was clear, no matter Leonzio's intentions, he would only have the support of Stefania when the time came...</p><p> </p><p>

The finals saw nothing but heart from both Leonzio and Tomasso. Many were the times that the IWF faithful had witnessed a Battaglia and Calicchio fight in the main event of an IWF show, but never had it been so divided. Half supporting the vengeful brother, half supporting man fighting for the woman he loved. Cameras found almost every member of the IWF roster watching as the Lionheart and IWF's Franchise Player threw everything they possibly could in the name of being called the King of the Gladiators.</p><p> </p><p>

In the end, it was almost too quick to see. Tommaso was ascending the ladder after seemingly laying Leonzio out with a Golden Grip sleeperhold...and yet with Stefania pleading with him to get up, Leonzio was able to haul himself up and grab at Tommaso's boot. In frustation, Tomasso descended from above, looking to pick Leonzio up and put him away once and for all-</p><p> </p><p>

Which left him open for a Lionhearter which left him lying lifeless on the mat!</p><p> </p><p>

As the crowd collectively lost their mind, Leonzio climbed every single rung, looking for all to see like a man trying to scale Olympus itself. Many were the times it seemed like Tommaso would stir from the mat, but the Lionhearter had landed too strong and with what strength left he could muster, Leonzio grabbed the trophy from where it was hanging and became the first ever Italian Wrestling Federation King of the Gladiators.</p><p> </p><p>

His walk to the back serenaded by the roar of the crowd, he limped past friend and foe alike, all too overcome with respect (or their own wounds) to help or hinder him as he walked with Stefania. It was only when he reached the curtain to the back that he came on someone who would dare to block his escape:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nicolo and Andrea</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The two Calicchios glared at him, hands balled into fists, ready to strike down the man that had stolen their sister and laid waste to their brother.</p><p> </p><p>

Until Stefania stepped in, loudly dressing them down for being so without honor they'd attack a man who went through hell like her new husband.</p><p> </p><p>

In the end, it was Nicolo, the IWF Italian Champion, the only one there who rivaled Leonzio in glory and prestige, that stepped aside, motioning for Andrea to do the same. Instead, the two strode to the ring to pick up their fallen brother, leaving the lovers to gather themselves, take their new trophy, and ride off into the sunset.</p><p> </p><p>

...oh also the show got a C rating which is very good for a small size promotion. Cool, right?</p>

<p>Really enjoying my <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536827" rel="external nofollow">diary</a> game. </p><p> </p><p>

I am playing with IWJ and it has been the longest save that i have played in T-erse. Already 3 years in and no plans of stopping.</p><p> </p><p>

My touring season is divided into three tours with monthly big events capping off the month:</p><p> </p><p>

Showcase Tour which runs on Feb & March </p><p> </p><p>

Iron Men Tour which runs on May & June</p><p> </p><p>

Stomp Down Tour which runs from Sep - Dec with Nov being a break period.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Starting from May 2018 which is my diary start date, i am running tournaments. Iron Men Tour played host to Iron Cup, a main event level tournament where 16 participants take part in an elimination style tourney, with all matches being 15 minute Iron Man matches and finals being a 30 minute Iron Man match. The winner gets a shot at a title of his choosing in the next month's big event in a match of his choosing.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Amado Ocampo</strong>, the fiery Filipino won the inaugural Iron Cup and then decided to challenge <strong>Akira Taguchi</strong> for the Heavyweight title in a 30 minute Iron Man match since he had won all the Iron Man matches so far.</p><p> </p><p>

But he lost as <strong>Akira</strong>, who is portraying an underdog champion, managed to <strong>overcame a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Magnus Stonebreaker</strong> has been tearing in as the Openweight Champ defending the belt for 10 months now and raising the prestige of the belt to 100. I am really out of ideas as to who to put on the belt as nobody seems to be at the level of Magnus.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, eventually if Magnus loses his belt, i am out of ideas as to how to further use him.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tigre de Plata</strong>, <strong>one half of my tag team champions along with El Fenix</strong> had been defending the belt for 9 months signed a written deal with CLLM thus sending my tag belts in disarray. He had served IWJ well over the past 8 years, becoming company's first and only Grand Slam Champion having won all the three belts. So, he deserves to get signed to a top company.</p><p> </p><p>

So, i got the idea of running a <strong>second tournament, Kings of Wrestling</strong> which is starting in my diary. This will crown my next tag champs.</p><p> </p><p>

I am thinking of adding a third tournament for Showcase Tour which will provide all the unemployed wrestlers a shot at a contract with IWJ.</p><p> </p><p>

So, guys any names you want to suggest for the same.</p>

Gotten really into IWF recently, the simple setup is more than enough to sink my teeth into and the characters really come alive for me.

So allow me to tell you the story of:

THE KING OF GLADIATORS TOURNAMENT

...oh also the show got a C rating which is very good for a small size promotion. Cool, right?

Honestly sounds like a story that would be amazing to see in person, it's got the right elements to keep a crowd hot and interested for hours. Ever think about making this a diary after your POW one?

Really enjoying my diary game.

I am thinking of adding a third tournament for Showcase Tour which will provide all the unemployed wrestlers a shot at a contract with IWJ.

So, guys any names you want to suggest for the same.

How about the International Impact Tournament? Sell that workers from all over are coming for a chance to make their mark in the company, to truly make an Impact or whatever slogan you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I need advice on another thing about the ThunderVerse, thanks for the help guys!

I like creating my own promotions and I was planning to have Drake Richards be my avatar, come out of hiatus (getting rid of the "filming a movie note") and start his own company. The fact that Drake Richards is coming back to wrestling, has allowed the company to gain a lot of promotion and popularity that other new companies don't get. The company has also gained a lot of promotion and popularity that other new companies don't get because Drake Richards has used his Hollywood friends to promote the new wrestling company along with agreeing to do a sucky and low budget movie in order to get the A Star Hollywood Direction and B+ Hollywood actor who are a part of the movie to also promote his new wrestling company.

So the company has gained a lot of popularity without doing a show because of these factors. I wanted some advice on where you guys think the company should be ranked in popularity in the ThunderVerse when the company opens. I was thinking somewhere around 15th. Does that seem realistic?

• 4 weeks later...

Guys I need an advice. I'm trying to book WCCW as a "WWF 97' Attitude Era" show (the "Crash TV" thing, "anything can happen, etc), but, as you know, WCCW has only a monthly show. So I found that its extremely difficult to develop a storyline with a monthly show 'cause you have to had the payoff match every single month.

So how do you do it? You just developed the story and the payoff match on every single show as and isolated thing? Or do you see your monthly show as a "TV thing" where you have the big payoff match for example, every three months?

I just don't understand how to book a monthly show, I need the weekly TV as a build up.

So I've been booking WCW 2K1 in my version of the Mod Squad mod and quite enjoying, but I have an itch that I need to scratch with the ThunderVerse. I've been using PWI with the past couple of editions and I love me some Integrity, even with Allman's crap. But I think it might be time to mould the new vision of the AWF. The departure of Trillion leaves the door wide open to evolve the company into almost anything you want. And there is tons of talent to work with, even if you don't sign any prospects (I can't help myself). Plus, popularity based promotions are always just easier to run when you have big stars already.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Andy_Kobain" data-cite="Andy_Kobain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Guys I need an advice. I'm trying to book WCCW as a "WWF 97' Attitude Era" show (the "Crash TV" thing, "anything can happen, etc), but, as you know, WCCW has only a monthly show. So I found that its extremely difficult to develop a storyline with a monthly show 'cause you have to had the payoff match every single month.<p> </p><p> So how do you do it? You just developed the story and the payoff match on every single show as and isolated thing? Or do you see your monthly show as a "TV thing" where you have the big payoff match for example, every three months?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>I just don't understand how to book a monthly show, I need the weekly TV as a build up.</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guess it depends how much you're willing to leave to your imagination. Build up to monthly shows could easily be done on the promotion's website or with promos and social media interaction between wrestlers, so that when you get to a monthly show it feels like everything has more build already. I reckon the aim should still be to have a nice balance of long term and short terms storylines so that there's something big on each show but there's still stories being built up across multiple shows. I guess it depends on the type of company you're booking though really.You can still have multi-man matches, non-clean finishes or two wrestlers just being involved in angles on certain shows to help prolong the build up.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tardelli" data-cite="Tardelli" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you suggest me a promotion which doesnt require to run storylines and is beginner-friendly? Thanks in advance for your help!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think PWSUX or ATW need storylines at the start of the game? I've had fun with both of those if a hardcore fed is what you're after. GWS is good fun too and easy to get in to because you can take it in loads of different directions. ROD looks like it might be fun and not require storylines since it's got an MMA theme to it (I need to give them a whirl soon). Loads of the Thunderverse promotions start the game without needing storylines, and I think they're basically all pretty fun.</p>

<p>One year in with ELITE Wrestling out of the TriState area almost clawed our way out of the bottom spot. The American Wolverines consisting of JD Hogg, Travis Lothario and The Wolverines have been in control in there bloody battle with The Violent Playboy'lls who they claim are ruining there sport with there goofball antics.</p><p> </p><p>

The Violent Playboy's consist of Jai Smith, Lamar Drake and Tyrone Jackson they love to fight but still party all night there constant beat boxing promos are the constant frustrating The American Wolverines.</p><p> </p><p>

Then there is the great unknown the beast the freak of nature who has no allegiances a man who shows no emotions he has littered ELITE with Bodies the manext simply known as Rhyno who has lately had his sights set on the ELITE Champion JD who just made his year long reign mark can the second generation star slay the monster even with the help of his American Wolverines.</p>

<p>Anybody have any tips/tricks for doing a comedy fed? In particular, I'm gonna start with POW, but I want to try all of these little comedy gems in T-Verse to see what I like more.</p><p> </p><p>

How should the booking be focused? What main stats should I put looking at?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm trying to do it without cheating but if money becomes a problem, I'm not above it >_></p>

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody have any tips/tricks for doing a comedy fed? In particular, I'm gonna start with POW, but I want to try all of these little comedy gems in T-Verse to see what I like more.

How should the booking be focused? What main stats should I put looking at?

I'm trying to do it without cheating but if money becomes a problem, I'm not above it >_>

I've never done much for comedy type promotions, so someone else may have better advice than I. Would think it would be a popularity based product, and fairly angle heavy. For actual matches, I'm not sure workers need specific skills to work comedy matches except for a good gimmick rating in comedy gimmicks...?

Double-post goodness....

So on Platinum and so far on Diamond, I've spent almost all my time with PWI. Platinum was the first time I tackled PWI as they just hadn't interested me before. And I enjoyed Integrity enough that I basically abandoned my first Tverse love, the AWF... even though I sometimes felt a bit constricted by the Allman Way. I wasn't really feeling Integrity that last time I ran with them, ended up taking another hard look at the AWF, and have developed a burning need to have a nice save with them.

I quite like the Diamond developments with Awesome. The Be a Star contestants, the new ownership, the roster changes, the addition of FAW.... pretty much love all of it. So its about time to take them for a spin. I've been eying it since the most recent version of the Tverse was released a couple weeks ago, but haven't had a chance yet to get the game going. So this isn't a "what I've done", but "what I'm thinking of doing" post. But maybe it will bring some suggestions and/or discussion.

I've always found booking Sports Entertainment to be relatively easy, and if you have some really popular talent at the top who are also good in the ring (which Hawk, Dolla, and Giroux certainly are), its not the most challenging. But it is quite fun. And I feel much more open with character and storyline ideas in the AWF than in PWI, which is a big appeal.

Will likely keep the main event scene revolving around Hawk and Dolla. There is temptation to have Hawk turn and I might do that at some point. But I will probably keep him as a babyface for now, but maybe move him away for them Hogan/Cena type babyface I kinda perceive the AWF to use him as. I have always quite liked Garrett South so I'm thinking that despite being a loner, who aligns with Hawk (who needs a tag team partner / someone to watch his back). But Hawk will somewhat turn on South at some point, possibly a situation involving Kelly King. A kind of "Super Powers Explode" situation but with the roles reversed. Could easily turn Hawk heel at that point but will probably just use it to layer his character a bit and add some depth.

Tentative plan for Giroux is to go back to something I did on Platinum and have him create a stable. Probably a 4-person stable with him, Towerblock, and two younger workers. A kind of variation on the Evolution stable concept. His on-screen motivation would be to "mentor" the young workers but it would quite obviously be a stable to protect him and serve his interests.

Nick Hart is a favorite and could get pushed up toward a world title run at some point but he's in a tag team that is a cornerstone team of the division at the start. Will almost certainly bring in Jess Hart to start forming a Hart family. Newton Cambridge probably gets to be a fake Hart, and James Gilmor will be a target to bring back from Japan.

I'm quite tempted to start up a cruiserweight division. I'm thinking of using X-Division, but X for eXcitement. Super Croak would get to feature more that way, and Temerio in development has some potential. There are LOADS of good cruiserweight, luchador, and super junior workers who can come in. And that creates a ton of opportunity to come up with some fun and interest characters, especially with so many cool masks to use in the free pics. Could even fully emulate the WWE and create a CW-specific show... though that's more likely once I can afford to open up an AWF-owned broadcaster.

The Starlets is where I'm a bit undecided. A women's division has tons of potential, but not so much if its just eye-candy, which it mostly is. I would like to evolve it much as the WWE evolved the Divas division, but that takes time. Might shortcut the process and hire Jess Hart, November Rayne, etc.

The aspect of the ThunderVerse I typically find the toughest is limiting the prospects I sign. There are just flat out too many great prospects and great characters. Its easy to end up with over 100 workers - male and female - in development. But bloating the roster isn't ideal, so I want to be at least a bit selective. FAW is already pretty full so I will open up 2 or even 3 more developmental companies. Smallest possible size and likely touring schedules. They tend to grow quite fast, though probably faster if it was a performance based product.

<p>Really want to delve into a deep T-Verse game so started as HCG. Booked my first 3 shows. Signed Vincent I Parker & Jack America to written deals aswell as Lenny Rhodes and Pierre Lejosne. Time to inject some youth & star power into the company. </p><p> </p><p>

It's not been a great first 3 weeks for UPJ, however. Referee Masaru Sugimura passed away after returning 'home' to the company in 2015. Then exactly 7 days later, owner Tatsumi Nagata passed away during his 3rd spell with the company.</p><p> </p><p>

Eventful times lie ahead in Japan, it seems.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adelwolf" data-cite="Adelwolf" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm starting a game with The Club where Lois and Chase Paige buy the company to air it on Paige's new "on demand" service. <p> </p><p> Who would make good hirings / firings for this promotion? </p><p> Any other advice with The Club?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends, do you have an idea of what direction they'd take? If you're keeping the Jack/Kaslow approach then think maybe you'd be interested in raiding PWSUX or EXCW for talent. Though if you're going a more corporate route it'd probably be wise to get rid of Bastien and Mutt due to the reported fascist connections ("Don't want our daughters googling their name" and all that).</p><p> </p><p> All that said I've got a weakness for Love Freedom being hired to be involved in the Tyler Moon/Jezebelle storyline as the one pulling Jezz's strings and getting her to manipulate Moon</p>

• 1 month later...

<p><span>http://i.imgur.com/vvIKOxo.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

Decided to try a new project: Pro Wrestling CHALLENGE, a comedy fed with an integrated roster but with a Female bias.</p><p> </p><p>

The roster is as follows:</p><p> </p><p>

Charisma McQueen as "Kung Fu" Charisma McQueen (Martial Artist)</p><p>

Surfer Boy Brad as TV's Brad Swanson (Reality TV Teen Idol)</p><p>

Fumi Sugimura as Empress Sugimura (Sci-Fi Anime Villainess)</p><p>

Kat as Neko Sugoi (Hyperactive Catgirl)</p><p>

Julie Justice as Officer Bridget Antonia Dallas (A B.A.D Cop)</p><p>

Katy Blaze as Katy Cogsworth (Steampunk Adventuress)</p><p>

And Charlie Gant as Himself (User Character and Owner)</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts?</p>

Hi diddly ho, Neighberino's? I am doing an AWF playthrough and I have apache chief as my user character but i wanna really rebuild and make AWF great again, revamp the roster and all that good stuff.....but the thing is I need some advice on what to do, I wanna make hirings and firings based on what apache chief as an owner would do, what would make sense, etc etc.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi diddly ho, Neighberino's? I am doing an AWF playthrough and I have apache chief as my user character but i wanna really rebuild and make AWF great again, revamp the roster and all that good stuff.....but the thing is I need some advice on what to do, I wanna make hirings and firings based on what apache chief as an owner would do, what would make sense, etc etc.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The thing is there is no canonical ground for what Apache Chief would do. He's just came in as owner so he's still finding his feet so there is no real advice to give. Go freestyle.</p>