TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Supermercado" data-cite="Supermercado" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Love the idea of a one-sided war a'la TNA vs WWE on Monday night when the E paid them no attention.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly what I thought of. I wonder if you can access the Dirty Tricks with a company who is ignoring your war declaration - that would sum up many eras of TNA perfectly.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Love today’s entry. Now only if we can set it so that the AI know that the royal rumble winner gets a title match at mania!</div></blockquote> Yeah like doing that Royal rumble on editor that winner need get fight at specific Event and you choose Wreslemania and so on.

<p>One thing that I'm wondering is if it's possible for us to set a Tournament to be Round Robin styled. It's not the end of the world that the G1 Climax gets decided in a one night tournament when the AI controls New Japan, but it would be beautiful if there's an AI function for us to set it as a 10 Man, 2 Block Tournament, with the Finals being for the Tournament Achievement.</p><p> </p><p>

It's just for immersion really. The player is already fully capable of making that happen when we run those companies.</p><p> </p><p>

Aside from that, I really liked what Adam revealed today. It's nothing major, but just more of those little things that tend to help prolong the enjoyment of the game and make the game world feel more alive.</p>

<p>I'm a big fan of today's feature. TEW's always needed some of those famous brass rings CM Punk once so famously mentioned. It'll be good to see something like "2x Royal Rumble Winner" on a wrestler's list of Hall of Immortals qualifications. </p><p> </p><p>

Since the Money In The Bank was mentioned, I can't help but wonder if something will be done to handle the Cash-In?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wonder if we are able to make the AI have a woman’s rumble?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can set titles to be gender dependent so you absolutely can, though I wonder if the AI will be able to book two battle royales on the same show</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BoredomTM" data-cite="BoredomTM" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Since it wasn't mentioned on this entry, I suppose this is yet another game without freebirding the tag titles</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's already a thing in 2016. You can use the replace button to remove one or both members of the title holders and when the game asks you if you want to continue the title reign, you click yes. The game won't create a new entry in the title history.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can set titles to be gender dependent so you absolutely can, though I wonder if the AI will be able to book two battle royales on the same show</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No reason to think that it won't be able to - the entry refers to the Andre Memorial Battle Royal and Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania, so presumably you can have the AMBR and the Not Moolah Memorial Battle Royal too.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's already a thing in 2016. You can use the replace button to remove one or both members of the title holders and when the game asks you if you want to continue the title reign, you click yes. The game won't create a new entry in the title history.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's tedious to have to do every time, though. Being able to assign a tag title to a stable (Spirit Squad, Demolition, New Day, Riott Squad have said they'd do it too) and chuck any combination in with the game automatically recognising it would be cool. Freebirding at the moment also means that the title reign only ultimately shows up in the history of the team that loses it, I think.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's already a thing in 2016. You can use the replace button to remove one or both members of the title holders and when the game asks you if you want to continue the title reign, you click yes. The game won't create a new entry in the title history.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is moreso a work around.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Anggur Merah" data-cite="Anggur Merah" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is the feature where developmental company titles can be 'borrowed' to be defended in the main roster or other developmentals will be available? (e.g. defending NXT title at Wrestlemania, or UK Championship at NXT)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Also would love that for working relationships. For example, if you have a WR with New Japan and work out a loan for the current IWGP champion, he can defend that title on your show.</p>

<p>A few questions re: company relationships</p><p> </p><p>

1) If we own a company that isn't our dev territory do we still have full control over titles, schedules, etc? How does hiring work? Im assuming the head booker controls hiring talent?</p><p> </p><p>

2) Is there still a limit to how big a company we own can get?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dolfanar" data-cite="Dolfanar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1) If we own a company that isn't our dev territory do we still have full control over titles, schedules, etc? How does hiring work? Im assuming the head booker controls hiring talent?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have control over all the things you did in TEW2016. </p><p> </p><p> If it's a child company, the parent is currently responsible for hiring people to work there, unless it's a player-controlled child in which case they are also eligible to make signings too.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dolfanar" data-cite="Dolfanar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2) Is there still a limit to how big a company we own can get?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You have control over all the things you did in TEW2016. <p> </p><p> If it's a child company, the parent is currently responsible for hiring people to work there, unless it's a player-controlled child in which case they are also eligible to make signings too.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Very interesting. When you hire someone do you specify which company they are intended to work for? I guess my question is more about how difficult it was in TEW16 to send people down to dev feds. I'm assuming this has been addressed?</p>

With performance centers, I know it says that we can send workers there but will we be able to also send a group of try outs to the facility and maybe unlock a level of scouting that way? Or maybe even send injured workers there to speed up a return?

With the ability to send workers there to improve their sklls, it will be interesting to see if the lower stats can improve this year. (Heel/Face rating, Gimmick type ratings)

Is there ever going to be a return of "match hype" like in the 2005 Edition as I felt that made angles really important.

If not, is there a reason this feature isn't in as I feel it's the one thing lacking from TEW. You can get a good rating just by putting the best card on rather than giving fans a reason to see the match, which doesn't really reflect real life, bar a certain few examples.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NoHopeForSome" data-cite="NoHopeForSome" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there ever going to be a return of "match hype" like in the 2005 Edition as I felt that made angles really important.<p> </p><p> If not, is there a reason this feature isn't in as I feel it's the one thing lacking from TEW. You can get a good rating just by putting the best card on rather than giving fans a reason to see the match, which doesn't really reflect real life, bar a certain few examples.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The reason why it was taken out of the game was because it was implied that these cards are promoted anyway, and it would make the game more streamlined if you didn't have to it yourself.</p>

Sorry, I don’t know if someone else already posted these, but I have a few things I’d love to see for 2020, hopefully in order from easiest to hardest.

First is the ability to make 3 man teams in the team menu, rather than simply ad hoc- both for the Lucha leagues, and for people who want to use the “Freebird Rule”.

Second, I’d love to be able to customize what stops a Partial Skip for things that require my attention. Even better, the ability to customize what gets sent to my inbox completely (like Football Manager).

Third, I’d love it if quick-roster had those stock market arrows (green up/red down) so we can tell at a glance who gained and lost popularity after each show.

And lastly, I’d love if there was a way to ask a smaller company to become your Child Company. Perhaps if “Parent Company” worked so that if Company A asked Company B and A was smaller, it worked as it does now. But if A was larger, it would ask them to be your Child. Or just an additional option.