TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<p>Today’s entry I think will have a big impact on the game. Easier/quicker angle booking, the angles being rated on what happens eg fighting rather than user choosing. Plus more variables.</p><p> </p><p>

Definitely something I’ve hoped for and sounds exciting. Not only will it make the game more realistic but importantly it will be less time take taken up on creating angles and shows</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love today's entry and thanks to Adam for the neat and clarifying response about contracts. Kudos. I do like to see that angles will be much faster to book. I only pray we are not the ones solely choosing success/defeat. Rather we should state our intentions (with some restrictions so we don't spam success in all angles for all workers, etc) and have the crowd decide how it goes. It would be awesome to be able to replicate more crowd organic moments in game, for example.

<p>I'm very interested in the road agent notes for angles -- will this open up road agents needing to be skilled at different angle performances to help the angle ratings? I love the more variable angle ratings that make it harder to predict. It means I should have some angles that surprisingly suck and some angles that surprisingly are awesome.</p><p> </p><p>

Everything on one screen will be nice.</p><p> </p><p>

Will the interface for how we select workers be more like selecting them for a match (where you can see your whole roster and pull from there?) or will it continue to be the straight drop down menu?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Today’s entry I think will have a big impact on the game. Easier/quicker angle booking, the angles being rated on what happens eg fighting <strong>rather than user choosing</strong>. Plus more variables.<p> </p><p> Definitely something I’ve hoped for and sounds exciting. Not only will it make the game more realistic but importantly it will be less time take taken up on creating angles and shows</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe I'm crazy, but I reread today's entry multiple times and I'm not seeing that anywhere?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ink625" data-cite="ink625" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe I'm crazy, but I reread today's entry multiple times and I'm not seeing that anywhere?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think he means the ability to have the fighting option rather than us having to choose how to rate something so simple. Which is a cool change. I hope a few more options get added. As for bumping, like someone mentioned, as well as riskier things, i hope it is easier to convince workers to do that with big chunks of money, or other promises, like real life. There should be actual promises made whenever possible and consequences to it so we could actually feel we are in a world where, despite evolving, what we did in the past actually impacted something and changes the views of someone about us.</p>

<p>I love the new angle streamlining. I think TEW’s UI is definitely solid and functional, but improvements like this really go a LONG way in making it feel more user-friendly.</p><p> </p><p>

This also, in my mind, means it might have a similar UI to the match booking screen now when adding workers, so we’ll have the drag and drop and info summary at our fingertips.</p><p> </p><p>

It would also be really cool if the angle screen would allow us to automatically add some or all wrestlers from a storyline to an angle. Maybe only for freestyle though?</p><p> </p><p>

I do wonder about how the randomness will work. I already feel like angles can fluctuate 5 or 10 points from where I expect. I’m curious whether this will lead to such shifts as to makr angles a complete crapshoot, or whether there will be so many additional ones that they sort of balance out and aren’t that different drom the more basic die roll (I remember an article about the Company of Heroes team talking about that once.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm very interested in the road agent notes for angles -- will this open up road agents needing to be skilled at different angle performances to help the angle ratings? I love the more variable angle ratings that make it harder to predict. It means I should have some angles that surprisingly suck and some angles that surprisingly are awesome.<p> </p><p> Everything on one screen will be nice.</p><p> </p><p> Will the interface for how we select workers be more like selecting them for a match (where you can see your whole roster and pull from there?) or will it continue to be the straight drop down menu?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I hope so. I feel like this is the best way to attack creative teams...Treat them like road agents. It would be cool to see some sort of “Creative” rating for workers. That rating could have multiple uses I.E. angles and gimmicks for workers who and their own input.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ink625" data-cite="ink625" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe I'm crazy, but I reread today's entry multiple times and I'm not seeing that anywhere?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As someone mentioned further above.</p><p> </p><p> I don’t think I fully wrote what I meant. I did mean it’s much better that if we put x fights y the game will simulate this and (I’m guessing) will choose what the outcome is. Rather than user choosing what it is rated on and the who gains etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love the new angle streamlining. I think TEW’s UI is definitely solid and functional, but improvements like this really go a LONG way in making it feel more user-friendly.<p> </p><p> This also, in my mind, means it might have a similar UI to the match booking screen now when adding workers, so we’ll have the drag and drop and info summary at our fingertips.</p><p> </p><p> It would also be really cool if the angle screen would allow us to automatically add some or all wrestlers from a storyline to an angle. Maybe only for freestyle though?</p><p> </p><p> I do wonder about how the randomness will work. I already feel like angles can fluctuate 5 or 10 points from where I expect. I’m curious whether this will lead to such shifts as to makr angles a complete crapshoot, or whether there will be so many additional ones that they sort of balance out and aren’t that different drom the more basic die roll (I remember an article about the Company of Heroes team talking about that once.)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would be so much more user friendly. If it is the same as you mention we will probably underestimate how big of a change it is until we get the game.</p><p> </p><p> I do think the angles need a lot more factors, I find it’s so easy to get A rated angles with workers lower down the card, and the ones higher up sometimes it feels like you can’t fail to get one. I’m hoping the mention of us choosing something like ‘fighting’ is part of a bigger change in terms of how we book them. Having road agents notes seems like it could be.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fighting is literally just another category to rate a worker on.... like Entertainment or Overness.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah right, thats cleared that up then lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That would be so much more user friendly. If it is the same as you mention we will probably underestimate how big of a change it is until we get the game.<p> </p><p> I do think the angles need a lot more factors, I find it’s so easy to get A rated angles with workers lower down the card, and the ones higher up sometimes it feels like you can’t fail to get one. I’m hoping the mention of us choosing something like ‘fighting’ is part of a bigger change in terms of how we book them. Having road agents notes seems like it could be.</p></div></blockquote><p> It was mentioned in the entry that angles now have more random factors that go into them, making it less of a guaranteed thing to score those As.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was mentioned in the entry that angles now have more random factors that go into them, making it less of a guaranteed thing to score those As.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes I was just trying to say why I agree with it</p>

See, that's what I was thinking, which is what led to my confusion with what peter was saying above.

Yes, I was hoping for the ‘rated on’ to be replaced with, beats up, promo, fights etc. And replacing ‘major loss’ etc, to be replaced so we would choose x beats up y.

I totally misread the entry, thinking this had changed when reading it again it appears that ‘fights’ is added as another thing to be rated on such as menace etc.

But hopefully the fights will still take into account different attributes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fighting is literally just another category to rate a worker on.... like Entertainment or Overness.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm just wondering what stats make up the calculation, since I personally doubt that there will be a new "Fighting" stat implemented to the workers. Is it calculated from a combination of top-row + performance + Overness stats similar to how match ratings are calculated (since fighting angles share some similarity with actual in-ring action), or is it more slanted towards other stats like Acting, Stiffness, etc? Or a combination of ALL of those(which realistically it should, but it seems rather over-complicated for the purpose)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greylocke" data-cite="Greylocke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm just wondering what stats make up the calculation, since I personally doubt that there will be a new "Fighting" stat implemented to the workers. Is it calculated from a combination of top-row + performance + Overness stats similar to how match ratings are calculated (since fighting angles share some similarity with actual in-ring action), or is it more slanted towards other stats like Acting, Stiffness, etc? Or a combination of ALL of those(which realistically it should, but it seems rather over-complicated for the purpose)?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I assume it is just the two highest top row stats + selling or charisma whichever is higher? Idk</p>

<p>I griped about the WMMA5 journal for only having a few really good entries, even though I love the final product and think it's Adam's best game. The majority of entries so far in this Developer's Journal have been great stuff. </p><p> </p><p>

It's a safe bet that the same structure will also work with matches, which has me so excited.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Regarding the new contract system: It seems like touring contracts will no longer exist, which I find interesting. But I guess with the new system comes more flexibility, too, which might make touring contracts redundant?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They wouldn't really make sense under the new flexible system as a tour could be a single day or never really end.</p>