TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having logos for stables is something I hadn't thought about but now am happy about seeing. Small change obviously but I appreciate being able to add more visuals like that as opposed to everything being text.

And it helps make me imagine what their merchandise would actually look like. So thumbs up for that addition.

I was already using the presets tbh...Most mods, especially those with a lot of companies seem to set products to a basic setting and multiple companies looked the same. No one really had unique settings outside maybe a select few of companies in said mods.

So because mod-makers are lazy because they have 10,000 people to add and these things take a billion years to make. I can't enjoy the system? That's the boggling thing here. You wanna make modding easier, make .mod files breakable into pieces so 10+ people can share the grunt work. Don't dumb-down systems that could just use some minor clarity tweaks.

So because mod-makers are lazy because they have 10,000 people to add and these things take a billion years to make. I can't enjoy the system? That's the boggling thing here. You wanna make modding easier, make .mod files breakable into pieces so 10+ people can share the grunt work. Don't dumb-down systems that could just use some minor clarity tweaks.

I like this system because it removes generic settings. Kind of similar to when match length limits were removed. People just set the lowest match length to the number where the threshold was. Currently people mainly run a minimum of 6 min angles because of the limits. People crafted products and set the max and min levels to meet certain requirements...

However I would love a system where the user can create and edit their own presets in the editor so it can still be just a selection from a drop down menu or whatever.

That entry about sexuality change is a questionable one.

Sexuality doesn't change, but then again one can be homosexual and still date/marry the opposite sex to cover up their homosexuality. Or the other way around: one has been dating the opposite sex, but finally decides to come out as being homosexual. And as far as I know, that's the only thing that sexuality does in the game: decide which gender a worker will date/marry/have kids with.

So, in that sense: yes, sexuality should perhaps be changeable.

If Adam wanted to go really complex, he could add gender identity (in distinction to biological sex) and everything that goes with it, but that's probably not feasible.

What I'd like to know is how often these "sexuality changes" will happen in the game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well that is very phobic of you to say. People don't realize they are Gay, Straight, Bi, Lesbian, Trans, etc at birth. It can take many years to figure out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not phobic in the slightest and was the one leading the charge to remove the homophobic owner goal.</p><p> </p><p> If you're gay, you're gay. You're not going to wake up one day and go "wow, I'm straight now"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What I'd like to know is how often these "sexuality changes" will happen in the game.</div></blockquote><p> Basically this.</p><p> </p><p> It's a worthy addition (in my opinion) for a lot of the reasons supplied, just as long as it doesn't happen regularly. I don't believe Adam is suggesting that sexuality will just change on a whim and I don't believe that's what the feature will replicate, I think it's to reflect people "coming out of the closet".</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question to Adam: Hoping there is some kind of control or turn on/off for the sexuality feature, to be able to avoid too much unrealistic scenarios in RW mods. Is that, or could it be, a possibility?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I second this. I will never, ever play the game with this feature as a possibility. I mean, it doesn't even have a single real life case to justify it, so its' inclusion boggles my mind. But eh, as long as I can disable it...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I second this. I will never, ever play the game with this feature as a possibility. I mean, it doesn't even have a single real life case to justify it, so its' inclusion boggles my mind. But eh, as long as I can disable it...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It could replicate people coming out and thus being eligible for the proper relationships, but that’s about it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rone Rivendale" data-cite="Rone Rivendale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dang, didn't know we had so many homophobes and transphobes in here. It's 2019 guys, these things exist.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Literally no one is saying anything homophobic or transphobic. Stop trying to start fights.</p><p> </p><p> I can see it now, famously homophobic Ultimate Warrior changing his sexuality to gay in a playthrough. </p><p> </p><p> Really realistic.</p>

<p>Just to play devil's advocate as I see where you are coming from Jaysin but I can't help it.</p><p> </p><p>

Known homophobic Ultimate Warrior follows in the footsteps of many family values politicians and is caught soliciting sex at a glory hole in an airport bathroom. More news at 11</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rone Rivendale" data-cite="Rone Rivendale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dang, didn't know we had so many homophobes and transphobes in here. It's 2019 guys, these things exist.</div></blockquote>. I don’t think people are being phobic at all, mostly. <p> </p><p> It’s sort of being closed minded. Slightly different </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Literally no one is saying anything homophobic or transphobic. Stop trying to start fights.<p> </p><p> I can see it now, famously homophobic Ultimate Warrior changing his sexuality to gay in a playthrough. </p><p> </p><p> Really realistic.</p></div></blockquote><p> Realistic? Please tel me you don’t play games for realism....</p>

I assume the sexuality thing will be a variable game rule so whatever just turn it off. For people who want a more crazy game then crank up the turns! Otherwise I'd probably just leave it off, but this is really only a concern for RW data. For CV data all the workers are fictional so we can't assume to know any of their sexual preferences, so all good, just another option to add some fun and dynamism to the game world as it evolves.

<p>I think the sexuality thing is problematic as a queer myself, and a lot of it stems from the fact that sexuality doesn't change throughout people's life. It's like saying something or someone can turn you gay and wise versa, people figuring their sexuality out is something else, but it changing? That doesn't happen</p><p> </p><p>

Basically I second everything Jaysin said</p>

Re: sexuality change... To preface: Personally I don't give a monkey's what sexuality anyone identifies as whether they are a wrestler or not, all I'd ask is does it have any effect 'in game'? Using current TEW then changing body size affects stats, style change affects push in a promotion. Learning another language helps promos in regions with that language being spoken. Sexuality adds no plus or negatives to book around? I understand that some may want for immersion but still unsure why it's there. Austin is straight and I was a big fan but not due to him being straight. Kenny Omega may or may not be Bi, I'm a big fan. Darren Young is gay, and I'm not a fan not do I actively dislike him but only as he was cookie cutter due to WWE system at the time. If he 'turned straight' or was straight 'from birth' he'd still be bland and I'd want my immersion of him in a mod to come from setting competent, if very unspectacular, stats. Add it, don't add it. Either way is cool but, unless it does have a purpose, then is it even needed? I've never searched for a wrestler in game looking for sexuality preference lol.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MortiSporti" data-cite="MortiSporti" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think the sexuality thing is problematic as a queer myself, and a lot of it stems from the fact that sexuality doesn't change throughout people's life. It's like saying something or someone can turn you gay and wise versa, people figuring their sexuality out is something else, but it changing? That doesn't happen<p> </p><p> Basically I second everything Jaysin said</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I find it problematic too as a gay man. I'm not sure I like sexuality to be based on a games random algorithms. I really hope we can turn this feature off. I honestly don't even see a point of having this kind of feature? Was this something that people were requesting?</p>