TEW2020 Discussion Thread

I’ve a question that goes all the way back to the early scheduling post. If each companies events etc are set up on day 1 and not the beginning of each month, does this mean they’ll never change? Will a company never explain running 2 shows a month as they grow? Or is this something that will be assessed by each company still as the game progresses?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often would you imagine the opposite is true? That the AI misses developing a star and you get the chance to? Or do you think once the AI gets it's grips on them, it's pretty much a solid bet?

It's probably still as valid as it has been. The AI, just like the player, will continue to miss the occasional star that the player can grab and build into a star. As a player, you are always going to be able to build a star that the AI might not get. With the AI evaluating their rosters yearly, there are going to be times that they let people go or release people for financial reasons as well as rosters being bloated and some of those are going to be rookies and dojo graduates that can become stars if handled correctly.

I’ve a question that goes all the way back to the early scheduling post. If each companies events etc are set up on day 1 and not the beginning of each month, does this mean they’ll never change? Will a company never explain running 2 shows a month as they grow? Or is this something that will be assessed by each company still as the game progresses?

Adam posted in the journal that companies can change their schedule and expand based off whether or not they have a 'fixed' schedule. You can find all information here

Adam posted in the journal that companies can change their schedule and expand based off whether or not they have a 'fixed' schedule. You can find all information here

This part makes it sound different to that...

“ There is one potential drawback with this new scheduling system and that's that because the schedules get set-up at the very start and aren't then checked each month it means that AI companies don't have the ability to alter their events over time (with the exception of the TV Or schedule that I outlined above)”

which would mean the schedule only changes when/if they have a TV deal. So am AI company starting off small would never develop a second monthly event unless they get a tv deal? In which that would change how they run their shows.

This part makes it sound different to that...

“ There is one potential drawback with this new scheduling system and that's that because the schedules get set-up at the very start and aren't then checked each month it means that AI companies don't have the ability to alter their events over time (with the exception of the TV Or schedule that I outlined above)”

which would mean the schedule only changes when/if they have a TV deal. So am AI company starting off small would never develop a second monthly event unless they get a tv deal? In which that would change how they run their shows.

Not necessarily. TV or... applies to a whole lot of schedules. TV or weekly, TV or monthly, TV or constant... So this gives a lot of flexibility to them -- I'm guessing most companies that are based in the United States are going to be TV or... kind of schedules so that they will have the ability to flex their schedule as they need.

Unless I'm mistaken, I take that to mean that if a promotion has a TV show, they'll never book additional events. So a company such as AEW (as an example) that runs TV + PPV would never emerge organically in the world of TEW 2020.

Monthly or Weekly or Constant companies can still have TV shows. Nothing excludes that from happening. WWE, for instance, would run a 'Monthly' schedule with weekly TVs for Raw and Smackdown and whatever other shows they want to have, but they would still be built around a monthly big event.

A lot of it will depend on how the companies are made beforehand with whether or not they are preset, created, or fixed. They will still emerge organically.

Monthly or Weekly or Constant companies can still have TV shows. Nothing excludes that from happening. WWE, for instance, would run a 'Monthly' schedule with weekly TVs for Raw and Smackdown and whatever other shows they want to have, but they would still be built around a monthly big event.

A lot of it will depend on how the companies are made beforehand with whether or not they are preset, created, or fixed. They will still emerge organically.

So a company set to a Monthly schedule may still organically look for a weekly TV deal should the opportunity arise?

It's probably still as valid as it has been. The AI, just like the player, will continue to miss the occasional star that the player can grab and build into a star.

I don't know about the 2020 game, but in TEW16, SWF/RIPW are a grand example of consistently cutting great talent, both at the start of the game and later on when they call up people to the main roster and give up on them after a while. :D

I don't know about the 2020 game, but in TEW16, SWF/RIPW are a grand example of consistently cutting great talent, both at the start of the game and later on when they call up people to the main roster and give up on them after a while. :D

That will hopefully be avoided by the change in when they evaluate their rosters. SWF was also victim to being in national battles and needing name talent so they had to let go of their non-name talent with roster bloating -- which looks like it's been fully addressed.

Brand Split

This might be a request or an idea, but I was wondering if there is a way to split the roster truly for a brand split. I'm asking because the movement from the lower card to the main event is still considering the popularity of workers on the other brand, so moving up and down the card is very difficult. It's a lot easier to do this without the brand split.

Does anyone run into this too? Any ideas?

I had my computer crash about 6 months ago, I was able to recover most of my grey dog games but for whatever reason cant find the email for TEW 16. Been itching to play TEW especially with all the hype around 20 coming out soon. You guys think its worth it to bite the bullet and purchase TEW 16 or just hold out for 20 to come out?

Would you guys know of a way to add worker relationships like Narratives? I want people to gain friendship over time but I don't want them to start the game as friends.

That would be a great addition. I'm pretty sure it's not in WMMA5 and probably won't be in TEW. Narratives are criminally underused by modders. Hopefully, this game changes that a bit. :)

@thatpyrodude: It's just 2 more months, I believe, so why not wait? Just fool around with the demo some more. If you fully invest in TEW16 now you risk burning out more quickly on the new game. I'm superhyped as it feels like ages since I last played. :p

I had my computer crash about 6 months ago, I was able to recover most of my grey dog games but for whatever reason cant find the email for TEW 16. Been itching to play TEW especially with all the hype around 20 coming out soon. You guys think its worth it to bite the bullet and purchase TEW 16 or just hold out for 20 to come out?

I was in a similar spot, I wanted to transfer my license from an old laptop I can't use anymore to a new desktop. I was pointed to the E-License FAQ where I found the e-mail address Scott@greydogsoftware.com. I gave Scott my first and last name and within hours he looked up the transaction and gave me my order number...then just punch the order number into TEW at startup on the new machine and you're in, your license is transferred over.

Like you, the 2020 hype has me wanting to play some '16 while we wait. I hope this helps you.

<p>I somehow don't have half the people I thought I quoted, so let me start with one I remember....with a crude copy/paste:</p><p> </p><p> Originally Posted by nerodragomir1 </p><p> "Would you guys know of a way to add worker relationships like Narratives? I want people to gain friendship over time but I don't want them to start the game as friends."</p><p> </p><p> Blackman commented </p><p> "That would be a great addition. I'm pretty sure it's not in WMMA5 and probably won't be in TEW. Narratives are criminally underused by modders. Hopefully, this game changes that a bit."</p><p> </p><p> IF you haven't, head over to the suggestions as I think it's a great and somehow overlooked suggestion. I can't remember anyone else asking... but I can remember thinking this so many times since Narratives have been in the game, it is actually funny. Anyways, might be something that if it can't be done now, Adam can keep in mind for the next one, and I hate to see this get overlooked again. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There are so many product types now that selecting one I want to play as seems exactly as daunting/confusing/abstract as the current drop down bars. Fewer clicks, but just as finicky.</div></blockquote><p> I was thinking that at first, but I'm going to wait and see. I remember there was a reason for this, but I can't remember what it was. As far as I know most people only used the pre-made products as a guide.. and made their own. Weird that it's taken out, but if I am hearing it right, these other "attributes" wouldn't be able to be utilized, and this is where we get that ability to make for example... 6 different "Traditional" settings very different in how you play them.... As normal, I will wait and see, and then if I don't like it DEMAND he change it back.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thatpyrodude" data-cite="thatpyrodude" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I had my computer crash about 6 months ago, I was able to recover most of my grey dog games but for whatever reason cant find the email for TEW 16. Been itching to play TEW especially with all the hype around 20 coming out soon. You guys think its worth it to bite the bullet and purchase TEW 16 or just hold out for 20 to come out?</div></blockquote>Sucks you lost the purchase txt file, or you could have asked Arlie to just refresh the license... I haven't had anything happen to mine in years, but I don't remember it taking very long... like within' 24 hours I believe.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can add/edit relationships in the in game editor</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah we don't want to have to do that.</p>