TEW2020 Discussion Thread

Dear Adam,

Coronavirus has turned the world on it’s head. Most of us are probably going to essentially be quarantined, I’m going to be out of work (waiter/server) for a month, maybe two.

Even if it’s not completely finished it sounds like TEW2020 is in good shape and pretty stable. Is there anyway we can get TEW2020 released early? I’m sure many of us would appreciate some sort of early access at this time knowing full well the game may have some bugs/flaws/features disabled or we may lose our saves when the final version is out. I honestly can’t think of a game I’d rather spend time with during this period than TEW. The next few months will be rough, and it would be a godsend to be able to play 2020. I have no doubt I’m not the only one to feel this way.

Please consider it. Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.

I can say right now that this is not possible. There's literally a new beta coming out daily. Saved games have to be scrapped almost daily, or every other day as testing reveals various issues.

What I can assure you of is that Adam is working like a madman on this game and the process is steadily moving along.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LegionLars" data-cite="LegionLars" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dear Adam,<p> </p><p> Coronavirus has turned the world on it’s head. Most of us are probably going to essentially be quarantined, I’m going to be out of work (waiter/server) for a month, maybe two. </p><p> </p><p> Even if it’s not completely finished it sounds like TEW2020 is in good shape and pretty stable. Is there anyway we can get TEW2020 released early? I’m sure many of us would appreciate some sort of early access at this time knowing full well the game may have some bugs/flaws/features disabled or we may lose our saves when the final version is out. I honestly can’t think of a game I’d rather spend time with during this period than TEW. The next few months will be rough, and it would be a godsend to be able to play 2020. I have no doubt I’m not the only one to feel this way.</p><p> </p><p> Please consider it. Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The initial release date was the summer. They've already brought the release date so far forward than it was intended.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can say right now that this is not possible. There's literally a new beta coming out daily. Saved games have to be scrapped almost daily, or every other day as testing reveals various issues.<p> </p><p> What I can assure you of is that Adam is working like a madman on this game and the process is steadily moving along.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As someone who is currently in quarantine, I have to say that I'd prefer we have to wait longer and get a more polished product than have something rushed out, for sure. </p><p> </p><p> I'm really glad to hear that progress is going well and like everyone else here I'm really excited to play this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You know my birthday is at the end of March and I always hope Adam decides to give us all a present on that day hah. I am super excited for the new game though and can't wait till April!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My birthday is at the end of April. It would be crazy if that was the release date of the full game</p>

Really excited about how this game developing.

Just throwing this out there but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if some AI bookers made the wrong call with getting TV time too early or jobbing out their stars too quickly / slowly. And of course some would be spot on with that.

I understand everyone that wants an earlier release, simply because Coronavirus ruined my vacation plans. You see, I somehow got it right. I predicted TEW 2020 would come out sometime in late April, so I had asked for the last week of April and first week of May off from work. But this whole thing and the government's quarantine here in Puerto Rico forced me to use my vacation time during the quarantine as a way to get paid something while I can't work. Now I have zero vacation time until next year. :(

However, I'd rather have something complete and that mimics the creator's vision fully instead of something that will have the boards explode with complainers for every little thing.

Yeah the crisis shouldnt impact the release. Its a bad precedent. And as someone said, a beta with that many simply isnt feasable.

Even when everyone appreciates the gesture and rejoices at first, you'll still get angry posts the day after about the bugs, because people anno 2020... "Unplayable! My save is gone!"

I can say right now that this is not possible. There's literally a new beta coming out daily. Saved games have to be scrapped almost daily, or every other day as testing reveals various issues.

What I can assure you of is that Adam is working like a madman on this game and the process is steadily moving along.

As someone who has worked as a tester on several closed, in-progress betas of games over the years.... 1000% this. Whether the developer is putting out constant beta updates or just occasional ones.... testing is really not playing. A game that is near-completion doesn't mean its fully "playable" in the way we think of. Its like playing a just-released Bestheda game where you put several hours in and suddenly your save is junk because the game decided that physics were no longer a thing.

As a former tester, I honestly wish we'd scrap the phrase "playable". As you can test it, but you don't actually really play it. Testing is just "did this work, did that work, did I break this". It isn't actually like sitting there and thinking "oh man, I can't wait to take my new 0/0/0/0 company to #1". Okay, little extreme with the thinking, but I just mean, it is more checking to see if the light switch works, than actually doing anything in the room itself.

To keep my post more 2020 discussion based, I wanted to get an idea of how India is going to be and realized there were quite a few federations from 2015 to now IRL. However, there's only two still going. One is Wrestling Square which is the first India wrestling company. The other is Continental Wrestling Entertainment, which originally opened up as India's first Academy by The Great Khali.

Wonder if we're going to have it be sort of similar for how India starts. Wouldn't be surprised if we actually had it be Singh (I think he's from India, right?) starts up the first company, but the first Academy opens up and then creates its own company. To be sort of similar to real life, yet playing with it.

While I think it would be awesome to have 2020 released right now due to the impending lock down in the US, which more than likely will happen. I see this more as a one final swan song for 2016. While we are stuck inside, it's time to give 2016 one last hurrah before 2020 drops.

While I think it would be awesome to have 2020 released right now due to the impending lock down in the US, which more than likely will happen. I see this more as a one final swan song for 2016. While we are stuck inside, it's time to give 2016 one last hurrah before 2020 drops.

Agreed, that’s what I’m doing. I’m currently playing three new saves of TEW2016 at once!

Remember when TEW 2016 was released and there was a rare incident where there would be a plane crash that takes out a lot of the roster from a top company? I think it'd be an interesting feature in the game if a rare global pandemic surfaced that forced all companies to either not run shows, or run shows but have no audience, no crowd reactions/heat(which will hurt match ratings), no merchandise revenue from live shows, and the economy tanks temporarily which greatly hinders the ability for smaller companies to make money/survive. And there could possibly be a negative effect for companies who decide to run shows for a 2 month period.

Remember when TEW 2016 was released and there was a rare incident where there would be a plane crash that takes out a lot of the roster from a top company? I think it'd be an interesting feature in the game if a rare global pandemic surfaced that forced all companies to either not run shows, or run shows but have no audience, no crowd reactions/heat(which will hurt match ratings), no merchandise revenue from live shows, and the economy tanks temporarily which greatly hinders the ability for smaller companies to make money/survive. And there could possibly be a negative effect for companies who decide to run shows for a 2 month period.

No, that will definitely not be considered for the game.

You can create this if you truly want to through narratives. You wouldn't really be able to force companies to stop running shows but you could do a lot of narratives to mess with the wrestling industry, economics, company popularity, etc.

Too soon at best. At even at that, I don't know how you'd make that scenario fun and playable for the time things were shut down.

As a former tester, I honestly wish we'd scrap the phrase "playable". As you can test it, but you don't actually really play it. Testing is just "did this work, did that work, did I break this". It isn't actually like sitting there and thinking "oh man, I can't wait to take my new 0/0/0/0 company to #1". Okay, little extreme with the thinking, but I just mean, it is more checking to see if the light switch works, than actually doing anything in the room itself.

To keep my post more 2020 discussion based, I wanted to get an idea of how India is going to be and realized there were quite a few federations from 2015 to now IRL. However, there's only two still going. One is Wrestling Square which is the first India wrestling company. The other is Continental Wrestling Entertainment, which originally opened up as India's first Academy by The Great Khali.

Wonder if we're going to have it be sort of similar for how India starts. Wouldn't be surprised if we actually had it be Singh (I think he's from India, right?) starts up the first company, but the first Academy opens up and then creates its own company. To be sort of similar to real life, yet playing with it.

Software testing for us usually involves a lot of menial tasks such as trying to do everything a user would possibly do. Clicking buttons in weird order, typing weird symbols in fields that shouldn’t get them, submitting information with several fields blank, etc. We’re about to test a new app at work that’s “complete,” but it’s not anywhere near ready to be in the hands of actual users. I’ve got a document that’s around 5 pages long of stuff that needs to be tested on several phone brands, OS versions, etc. that will take us about two weeks to complete. I can almost guarantee that something will still be wrong the second it’s released to customers.

I’m also curious about the new playable areas. How India is going to be implemented, and how it evolves will be something cool to see over the course of a save. I wonder if we’re going to get a couple of small or local companies, or if one company will have a leg up, and all the others are chasing them. I’m also curious if different product types will be more or less effective in different markets.

I can’t wait to see how the new push system works in tactics. I always felt like the current push system was cumbersome, and I’d like to see what the new system is like when I don’t get upset workers that want to skip straight from Opener to Upper Midcard after one night in the ring.

Being in the Northeast USA in an area that is almost certainly going to be quarantined within a week, I am really hoping TEW2020 comes out towards the beginning of the release window Adam gave us. Definitely going to need something to do while sitting at home:D

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Too soon at best. At even at that, I don't know how you'd make that scenario fun and playable for the time things were shut down.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh god this reminds me of the ridiculous debate where we couldn't get narratives to include accurate historical wrestler deaths because it wasn't "fun" and was "too dark". And we actually still don't have them.</p>