TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because the player isn't bound by preset schedules.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agh OK, but even with the current system we are not bound and can always run more events than the AI chooses to.</p><p> </p><p> What i'm getting at is I've created a full NJPW, NOAH, AJPW and Stardom schedule but the AI still creates the two day a week tour shows so they end up running 100+ events and then the 48 tour shows that the AI creates on top of that.</p><p> </p><p> I'm hoping that in TEW 2020 that by assigning 'tour intent' to the lesser and 'road to' shows that the AI will no longer create additional tour shows</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Agh OK, but even with the current system we are not bound and can always run more events than the AI chooses to.<p> </p><p> What i'm getting at is I've created a full NJPW, NOAH, AJPW and Stardom schedule but the AI still creates the two day a week tour shows so they end up running 100+ events and then the 48 tour shows that the AI creates on top of that.</p><p> </p><p> I'm hoping that in TEW 2020 that by assigning 'tour intent' to the lesser and 'road to' shows that the AI will no longer create additional tour shows</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is almost certainly possible, if I'm intepreting setting the AI's schedule to 'Fixed' correctly in this entry: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2328490&postcount=13" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2328490&postcount=13</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Agh OK, but even with the current system we are not bound and can always run more events than the AI chooses to.<p> </p><p> What i'm getting at is I've created a full NJPW, NOAH, AJPW and Stardom schedule but the AI still creates the two day a week tour shows so they end up running 100+ events and then the 48 tour shows that the AI creates on top of that.</p><p> </p><p> I'm hoping that in TEW 2020 that by assigning 'tour intent' to the lesser and 'road to' shows that the AI will no longer create additional tour shows</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The way I understand the preset touring schedule in 2020 is that they'll stick rigidly to what you give it. I certainly hope so anyway. It really is insane the amount of events they'll run in 2016 even when you give them all the events they could ever want.</p><p> </p><p> I really did not expect to see more additions at this stage, but the way cinematic matches are being integrated sounds awesome.</p>

<p>Today's feature is PERFECT for the company I have ran since day one on TEW16, I didn't even request it as a feature as I never thought it'd be possible, but obviously the last 2 days of wrestling have changed that!</p><p> </p><p>

Can't believe you got it in so quickly, impressive! Excellent addition!</p>

What a nice addition. Is this referring to the Matt Hardy matches at TNA, or is it some other style specifically? Is there an example somewhere on the web?

I assume the referee bonus is ignored, and some sort of crowd involvement should be annuled as well?

(ok i'll watch Mania tonight, maybe it refers to that)

Great addition today, really didn't see it coming and think it reflects the current era really well.

Can the AI book these kinds of matches and if so is it limited by their Product at all? Just thinking it may seem pretty immersion-breaking for some companies to book this type of match, and especially if they do more than one on a show.

EDIT: Just seen that you'd get penalties from booking these with a certain product type, and I'm happy to assume the AI wouldn't book matches it knows hurts its show, so I think the above can probably be ignored. :)

The point about not time locking cinematic matches just made me want to book one in the style of a Wyatt Earp influenced western.

I think there are A TON of uses for this, and the creativity really is totally open-ended. Broken Matt Hardy and Final Deletion? Check. A Wyatt Earp or John Wayne style shootout? Check. Hell, Peter Griffin and the giant chicken? Check. Plus I'm sure there's a lot you can do with companies like Lucha Underground and Chikara.

This is a really cool late addition! Great work, Adam, thank you!

Excellent addition that provides a lot of creative scope for people with storylines. I imagine this will also allow for some of our more prominent, creative dynasty writers to really flourish with this.

Adam with his finger on the pulse of the business!

The anticipation and hype grows!

Very impressed with today's feature. As someone else said it's definitely something I've always wanted without even really noticing or thinking to request. Especially in some diaries like an old short lived SAW one I had, all of the matches in my head where this style, but I could never truly get into the save as the actual game mechanics just didn't sync up with what I was imagining. So this really does open up the game for so much more creativity.

It now means no matter how wacky your idea is it can be replicated in the game properly, I also like any feature that give gimmicks more uses and importance. Now if you have a legendary gimmick it will be nice to know even if you don't use cinematic matches often, you have that option in your back pocket.

I can also see them becoming a lot more popular/common in real life so it would have sucked if in 2/3 years time the game felt out dated without them, so it really is a huge feature for me.

The new feature is stellar and the fact that it isn't time locked is amazing especially since these matches have happened in the 90's too. We can finally book such classics as The King Of The Road match and Hogan vs The Giant Monster Truck Mania and Piper vs Goldust Backlot Brawl.

Very excited about the most recent addition. There are a couple of storylines I've booked in the past where being able to have this kind of feature would have taken it to the next level, so looking forward to being able to bring in some proper wrestling kino!

For whoever does the Real World Current Day mods, would what would be needed from me to create me in one of the mods?

Thanks!

You as a wrestler or you as just a character in the game? If it's you as a wrestling they'll need tape of you wrestling and some promo tapes. If it's just in general then no clue.

I dont have a mod BTW, just answering because I've followed along with some of these being developed

Great update Adam! Think I might consider trying to book a whole promotion around cinematic matches for a save

Think 2 day shows are the last major domino to fall before TEW becomes just about perfect for me

2 day shows are essentially 2 separated shows. But for the naming purposes it would be cool.