Your 2020 plans

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing I'm going to do is set up a reference ave and just explore all the personnel changes. Maybe mentally book some guys just to get into the groove of where the C-Verse has gone. Then when I'm ready to jump into a game, I'm going to want to play as a child company. That feature is potentially a natural fit for me with how I've played the last four games. It's about time Mystery Mask got a chance to be someone's official developer of talent. My resume should be well established in story terms by now. And then if for some reason, I don't jive with that role, I can always go back to my independent training games.

I haven't really explored the default universe. I'm mostly comfortable with or more inspired by real world mods. And when I do explore outside of that, I usually download a mod with the C-verse look that appeals to me(Rockverse for example.)

I hope to finally start and stick with a a default universe save. There's so much history I've missed coming in so late into the series with TEW 13. So I won't know exactly what changed like many others. But I'd love to learn some of the lore at least.

Oh, and I want to finally get far into a R2G without constantly starting new saves :p

A potential diary would be fun. I enjoy writing out angles and such. But I feel a bit silly just doing it for myself lol

I've never really played much C-Verse but have recently returned to TEW16 and played a relatively long TCW save, a bit of a WLW save and will probably try an OLLIE save before TEW20 comes around. The idea was to get to know the C-Verse world and a few specific areas so I could jump into a C-Verse save when TEW20 releases, while waiting for any good or interesting real-world mods that may come along later.

So depending on what's happened in the C-Verse between 16 and 20 I will likely start with a TCW save or find a cult-sized promotion (or just a promotion that is 2nd or 3rd in it's national race) and kick on with that.

Returning to TEW16 has been very helpful, not just for getting to know the C-Verse but also for outlining some strategies that make the game more fun for me. I've learned that unless I actively avoid doing so, I always end up overstocking my roster to the point where a save becomes too cumbersome and exhausting. So in TEW20 I'll be setting myself some guidelines on roster size and hiring practices. It SEEMS like setting rules for yourself would make the game less fun but I find quite the opposite.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47197" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Reproduce my gamestate in the data and then continue on with it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is what I'm most likely doing</p>

<p>Definitely spend hours trolling through all of the CVerse changes to Aus and play an APW game only to be devoured by the juggernaut that is RAW. </p><p> </p><p>

Then maybe start my own company for a longer term play through. Might also give ZEN a try and maybe even a diary.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47197" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Reproduce my gamestate in the data and then continue on with it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Definitely this. I've got a save I'm three and half years into and I don't plan on stopping it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HiPlus" data-cite="HiPlus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47197" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Definitely spend hours trolling through all of the CVerse changes to Aus and play an APW game only to be devoured by the juggernaut that is RAW. <p> </p><p> Then maybe start my own company for a longer term play through. Might also give ZEN a try and maybe even a diary.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You better do a diary!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47197" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Reproduce my gamestate in the data and then continue on with it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How do you go about that? Do you use the editor and literally change every minute detail or just a few things?</p>

How do you go about that? Do you use the editor and literally change every minute detail or just a few things?

That would likely be the only way to continue on. There's no save-game converter from 2016 to 2020. I will likely do something similar except that I will likely add in the other new characters from the 2020 release and might take inspiration for events that happened to some characters.

Hard to say what my plans are. So much is dependent on what happens with the Cverse. The changes to the companies will probably dictate what companies interest me. TCW is my usually default, but they could be closed up. Burning Hammer are another one I love to run, but again, they could be utterly wrecked from the tsunami. SOTBPW interest me more now that I'm watching lucha libre, but they were pretty stacked in TEW 2016, so... it depends.

Beyond that.... well, it will depend on what mods are released at what point. I don't expect there to be fully converted mods for 2020 for awhile.

How do you go about that? Do you use the editor and literally change every minute detail or just a few things?

Yep, rebuild from the ground up.

It's not perfect and my enthusiasm came and went for the original project; it took me literal years, and I eventually started playing without finishing title lineages/chemistries (or playtesting rosters), but it's my game world with some garnish, since I added new characters and refreshed some rosters to make them more logical and interesting.

2016->2020 will be much easier. Less gametime to model.

I don’t have a set plan. I will probably start the game as MAW (assuming they’re still alive) so I can study the lay of the land and get used to the changes. I almost always play as smaller companies so I will probably start a small company and try to build it up from the ground floor.

I'm putting a lot of time into my current WWF game so I may try replicating the data into the new game as much as possible depending how hard it is. Otherwise I'll probably try a WCW play through when they first broke away from JCP/NWA which is something I've always wanted to do. May give the Cornellverse a go as a new investment company (like AEW would be) if Cornellverse doesn't already implicate a new promotion at the cult level. Think that would be a good way to dive into the Cornellverse for the first time and really make a game my own since the past wont matter.