General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sounds like they don't have an Iron Clad Clause. IF you are playing a converted mod they may not have had them in the original mod, so won't have them in the conversion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But if the other company can offer them shouldn’t you be able to offer them to fight back?</p>

<p>So can someone explain gimmicks to me?</p><p> </p><p>

Essentially what I'm getting from the handbook is that I could decide on a gimmick for a worker, copy the save file X amount of times, and depending on what the "dice roll" is for how the gimmick lands, each time would have a different set of pros and cons? Is that correct?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there an easy way to release everybody from their contracts via the database?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Contracts</p><p> </p><p> Select All</p><p> </p><p> Delete Item(s)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So can someone explain gimmicks to me?<p> </p><p> Essentially what I'm getting from the handbook is that I could decide on a gimmick for a worker, copy the save file X amount of times, and depending on what the "dice roll" is for how the gimmick lands, each time would have a different set of pros and cons? Is that correct?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Essentially you are choosing the basis of the gimmick Depending on the base and workers strengths and weaknesses (stats) is how well they'll perform.</p>

<p>Are the icons of the CV wrestlers going to be updated before the final release? It's really jarring to see the massive difference between some of the old AF pictures that are from like 2008 and the newer ones from today. Some great newer pictures for the wrestlers have already been made by now by fans for mods, and it would take almost no effort to just copy them over. </p><p> </p><p>

For 35$, I think that a basic quality like this should be expected. Leaving it this sloppy makes it seem as though the cornellverse is meant to be totally ignored in favor of WWE mods. This will also likely impact sales too. Even though it's small, it's something people notice when they try the trial.</p>

Someone help me understand Excursions vs. Developmental.

When sending a worker on excursion, the worker is released. So I assume when the worker returns from excursion there is a chance my rival could sign them up. So why would I send someone on excursion when I could send them somewhere as a developmental worker instead. They stay under contract, work, learn, and can be recalled at any time. The excursion system seems risky.

Excursions are more intended for areas that use the Loyalty system (Japan, although it's company-specific not area-specific now). If a worker is brought up by your company, he's likely to be loyal to your company. Therefore when he returns from an excursion he's much more likely to sign for you over anyone else.

Otherwise, you're right. Sending a worker who isn't loyal to your company on an excursion is a bit dangerous, especially if you're a company prone to having their talent poached. You should be ok as, for instance, 21CW. Less so as APW. If the talent returns from excursion (hopefully as an improved wrestler) and isn't loyal to you, then it's likely he'll get snapped up by a bigger company.

So can someone explain gimmicks to me?

Essentially what I'm getting from the handbook is that I could decide on a gimmick for a worker, copy the save file X amount of times, and depending on what the "dice roll" is for how the gimmick lands, each time would have a different set of pros and cons? Is that correct?

That's the way I read it/have experienced it so far. Instead of every gimmick having certain pros and cons based on it's type, it now gets generated pros and cons (not entirely random but not always the same ones/same number), still based on its type.

The more creative/unique it is, the more features it has a chance of getting (both positive and negative).

How do I release someone?

This took me a while too but to be fair it is in the help file. ;)

Roster > Click on a worker, click the arrows either side of the Popularity panel to get to the Contract Details panel, there's a Release button there.

If your child company is set to accept developmental workers, do you need to fill every roster spot, including refs, announcers, road agents, etc? Or just active workers?

Nope, they operate as their own company and will make any hirings they need to if you don't send them the necessary workers.

I have a couple of question before i make a thread in the support forum (and maybe suggestion forum).

How the cameo road agent note for angles is supposed to work? I hoped it was for having more workers than 8 in an angle but if i add a worker that is not in the angle it says that i can't do that. (anyway it gives problems when used in pre-booking vs used while booking, so i will post that on the support forum anyway)

The other one is about pre-booking. I mainly use this feature to pre-book everything and spend as little time as possible in PM mode (IIRC) so that if i get stuck on what to do i can at least explore the rest of the world, so i don't use the mandatory options.

To not forget stuff i wanted to use the pre-booking during the show. I'am doing a weekly event with ZEN and when i used it at the end of the show i got the message i was penalised for not having that particular segment on the show. Is there a option to add the pre-booked segment for the next show? and then, was i supposed to get penalised even if i don't use mandatory pre-booking?

Anyone know the difference between a worker set to 'Freelance - Yes' and one with the Itchy Feet attribute? Is it a matter of how long they'll stay at a company, with freelancers leaving sooner than someone with itchy feet? Can either of those factors override the other?

A freelancer will refuse to sign anywhere for a long period of time (in my experience usually 9 months max) and is likely to go to new areas more frequently and accept jobs at lower sized companies than a non-freelancer with the same popularity and personality would.

A worker with itchy feet has no qualms about signing long contracts, and no particular desire to be active in more game areas, however after a while with one company he'll get bored and look to leave/refuse to extend his contract.

I'm not entirely sure how an actual freelancer with itchy feet would pan out, but I don't think they're all that closely related (except for the obvious implications on job history). I would imagine (purely speculation) that itchy feet would be pretty much negated by freelancer, as a freelancer CAN'T work for a company long enough to get bored as they wouldn't have signed that long a contract in the first place.

I have a couple of question before i make a thread in the support forum (and maybe suggestion forum).

How the cameo road agent note for angles is supposed to work? I hoped it was for having more workers than 8 in an angle but if i add a worker that is not in the angle it says that i can't do that. (anyway it gives problems when used in pre-booking vs used while booking, so i will post that on the support forum anyway)

The cameo note doesn't let you add additional workers to the angle, it lets you limit the participation of some of the workers in the angle. It's like an angle version of the Limited Involvement note during matches.

Scenario: You've got a stable of 4-5 guys. The world champion, a high profile tag team, the big hulking brute, and a junior guy who's basically a hanger-on (X-Pac in DX, say).

The whole stable is doing an interview where the world champion is hyping his upcoming match, and the tag team are cutting a promo on the tag champions. The brute and the hanger-on are also present, because they're in the stable, but they're not actually DOING anything in the promo.

In previous versions, you'd rate the brute on Menace and the hanger-on would have to be rated on Overness. That might work well for the brute, but the hanger-on would tank the angle rating because he's not that over, even though he's not actually doing much in the angle except being there.

Now you can tag him as a Cameo, and the game will know not to penalise the angle so harshly (EDIT: but also not give the hanger-on any benefit from appearing in it).

Another example: You've got a long angle between two midcarders who're having a brawl backstage. During the brawl, they spill into the private locker room of a huge star. The star yells at them, they apologise and continue fighting once back outside his room. A small moment of comic relief in a longer more serious segment.

In 2016, that angle gets unjustly boosted by the huge star's overness, even though he's in it only briefly and doesn't do much. Potentially he also gets hurt by being in a lower-rated angle than usual, and for being on-screen for 10 minutes when he was only actually there for about 30 seconds. Now, you can tag him as a Cameo. He's still there, but he doesn't have AS much of an impact on the angle (Edit: and it doesn't have any impact on him).

Final example: You've got a worker who has a traditional "valet" style manager (doesn't do much speaking, but 'supports' the worker during matches and angles, often a boyfriend/girlfriend of the worker either in kayfabe or reality). In 2016, this manager - due to usually not having much in the way of actual talent - would often get penalised in angles because other than sex appeal there's not a lot they can be rated on, and even sex appeal requires a bit of popularity. Now you can tag them as cameos, so they don't hurt the angle, but are still there on screen supporting the worker.

I asked this before release of the demo but I still can't figure out how to do it: How do I use/insert/convert a TEW16 mod into TEW20?

Also, again a question I've asked but yet to find an answer to: what are the cheat codes for TEW20 and where/how do I enter them?

Go to editor, click "Convert TEW2016 Database" in bottom right and it talks you through it.

For cheat codes, go to options screen (third icon from bottom on taskbar left hand side) click remote help (third icon from bottom on right hand side on options screen) type in 'empleh' into the popup that appears and it'll show you all the codes. Then note the ones you want to use, close that screen, and type the one you want in the same place.