General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you buy a company that already exists, they can run their own affairs (and they'll tell you 'no' when you try to exceed their maximum roster, for example). If you create a promotion from scratch, it is totally dependent on you for their personnel.<p> </p><p> In TEW20, it's a better deal to come to agreement with an existing company to accept your developmental workers (ala WWE and EVOLVE) if you don't want minute control over the developmental promotion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok so it turns out you CAN make a company yourself that runs itself. You simply have to take away the ability to accept developmental workers.</p><p> </p><p> So you create the company in "Investments". Then in your "relationships" tab you just can cancel the agreement to accept developmental workers for the new company. After you appoint an owner and booker it will staff itself. It takes about a week or so to start seeing theresults. You can borrow from them like a developmental company (i think...this is all off the top of my head) but you can definitely take people from their roster like you would a developmental company. The AI just hires them.</p><p> </p><p> Thats the thing. You can either FULLY staff developmental or you can have AI do it. You just cant have a mix between the two. </p><p> </p><p> MAYBE down the road if the AI hires a full roster, maybe you can make a new agreement to send developmental workers there and it's somewhat mimics the old system. That way you have a few of your guys mixing with veterans they hired. You'd likely have to staff them from that point on fully though. I dont know im not far enough along to mess with it that much yet.</p><p> </p><p> I had this question myself this morning and just figured it out. I wanted to create an international alliance of smaller promotions but i didnt want to staff all that myself. This is how I have started doing it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It’s interesting that your main event is 73 and your best angle is 92, depending on your angle to match ratio I’d expect a total show rating of at least about 75 to 80 here, not sure why it’s so low.<p> </p><p> Did you get pinged for anything else (lack of interesting storylines/worker overuse) by any chance?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I actually did get a penalty for lack of interesting storylines.</p><p> </p><p> Two things:</p><p> </p><p> 1. What I did before a show was have the AI auto book everything. Then I looked at the angles in particular to see how it was rating people in them. Then I deleted everything and booked everything accordingly. This resulted in my highest rated show so far when I put a major star in a main event angle.</p><p> </p><p> 2. One thing that happened in my first week is that a lot of my all of my major stars dropped to stars (except for one), and stars to the next level down. I'm not sure how that happened as no shows had happened when I noticed this change.</p>

<p>Does anyone know how exactly the game determines if someone will come out of retirement if you ask them? I want to have a comeback later in the year, and I see you can't edit them out of retirement in the in-game editor. </p><p> </p><p>

Is it just their condition? Or do attributes or something else play a role as well? </p><p> </p><p>

If all else fails, I'll just use the main editor to fix that and import a copy of them into the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MikeSc" data-cite="MikeSc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Doesn't toughness have something to do with how often they get injured?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No that's resilience. Toughness is a stat likely used by products that are 'hard on the workers' whether due to physical intensity, high impact moves, or hardcore.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No that's resilience. Toughness is a stat likely used by products that are 'hard on the workers' whether due to physical intensity, high impact moves, or hardcore.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not even that. All toughness affects is worker interactions and AI hiring for certain products.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not even that. All toughness affects is worker interactions and AI hiring for certain products.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I should've been clearer. That's what I meant. Some products will prioritize people with toughness in hiring due to the intensity of their product.</p>

I've been running a minor promotion for six months starting at zero popularity and everyone on my roster is considered a major star - even the guys I've been beating like a drum since day one. Doesn't seem right.

Momentum is working as expected but it shouldn't be hard for the fans to tell the difference between the guys holding the titles and the card-fillers by now. Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if it's just because the promotion is so small the fans think anyone in tights is a star.

Anyone know at what point bigger companies will start to try to steal your workers? I assume it is based on popularity.

idk about real world, but USPW in cornellverse (biggest company) tries to steal stars, and those who arent even stars. Like my 45yr old vet in time decline with 50 pop, they are offering 2 1/2 years on good money for. They start immediately when contracts are up

I've been running a minor promotion for six months starting at zero popularity and everyone on my roster is considered a major star - even the guys I've been beating like a drum since day one. Doesn't seem right.

Momentum is working as expected but it shouldn't be hard for the fans to tell the difference between the guys holding the titles and the card-fillers by now. Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if it's just because the promotion is so small the fans think anyone in tights is a star.

That's exactly it. It's based on their popularity relative to your company's, modified by momentum. So if you have 5 pop, and all of your roster is in the 10-15 range, everyone will be considered to be a star.

That's exactly it. It's based on their popularity relative to your company's, modified by momentum. So if you have 5 pop, and all of your roster is in the 10-15 range, everyone will be considered to be a star.

Thanks, I don't agree with the concept but I know who's where on the pecking order so will just keep improving the company until the game agrees.

Bit of a novice here, but what does it mean when it says "Lack of anything interesting going on" when you book an angle??

Most likely, you're using an angle rated on Overness or Menace for longer than 4 minutes. For longer angles, your workers need to be doing something - so, they need to be booked on Entertainment, Microphone, Fighting, etc.

speaking of angle, is it better to choose fighting over overness when for example i want to do brawl segment? and what's the correct way to use others like acting, selling, star quality, etc since i always use entertainment, overness, and microphone

I actually did get a penalty for lack of interesting storylines.

Two things:

1. What I did before a show was have the AI auto book everything. Then I looked at the angles in particular to see how it was rating people in them. Then I deleted everything and booked everything accordingly. This resulted in my highest rated show so far when I put a major star in a main event angle.

2. One thing that happened in my first week is that a lot of my all of my major stars dropped to stars (except for one), and stars to the next level down. I'm not sure how that happened as no shows had happened when I noticed this change.

There’s your problem then, the “lack of interesting storylines” penalty will be hurting your show rating quite a bit.

If you didn’t get that penalty on that show you would’ve got much a better show rating.

any tips on getting female wrestlers over? i've been struggling with getting their popularity number to increase since most of them on my roster have low popularity.

worked better on 16, but aligning them with ur male major stars in angles help. Rate them one ent, or SA or something, and the major star on ent or overness. Could also do mix tag matches

What product allows for short angles?

Probably all the products where wrestling is more important than entertainment.

My question: It says that popularity gains are partly dependent on whether the product is trending or not. In 2016, you could see current trends on the product screen, but isn't there in 2020. I can't for the life of me find out where that information is located.