TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has worked out the best order to import worker/companies/moves/titles/etc. into another database?

For example, if I have created a company, along with workers, their movesets, titles, chemistry, broadcasting deals, schedule and so on, in one database - is there an established order in which I should import everything to add to a different database?

At the moment, I'm trying to work it out as I go along, but seem to miss something every time. Any pointers in the right direction would be massively appreciated, please.

Thanks.

In my experience it should work something like this

Workers

Movesets

Broadcasters

Alliances

Companies (with contracts)

Alliance members

Company relationships

Events

TV shows

Broadcasting deals

Titles

Pretty much anything that could reference something should be imported after that section. Broadcasters might own companies so they have to be there when the company is imported, however if you import the broadcast deals with no TV shows then nobody will be on air.

In my experience it should work something like this

Workers

Movesets

Broadcasters

Alliances

Companies (with contracts)

Alliance members

Company relationships

Events

TV shows

Broadcasting deals

Titles

Pretty much anything that could reference something should be imported after that section. Broadcasters might own companies so they have to be there when the company is imported, however if you import the broadcast deals with no TV shows then nobody will be on air.

Makes sense to me. Really helpful, thanks very much.

Hi, there! I can't seem to understand how I can change a wrestler's name. Now, I don't mean in the editor, but when I hire John Smith and want to have him wrestle as Sergeant Steele. How do I give him a new name to go with his new gimmick? Thanks!

On the roster screen, where it says "John Smith is a XX year old..." just click there.

Is that the right option? Isn’t there a “gimmicks turn stale” or something in the preferences or options?

The one you’ve shown there (I think) turns off gimmick effects completely, doesn’t it?

Exactly, and if I remember correctly there was an option to keep all the gimmick effects in TEW 2016 without them becoming stale. It seems like in TEW20 you have to choose between having everything that comes with a gimmick, or nothing at all which sucks a bit.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay the game was supposed to be available for purchase today. However I cannot download the update download, nor the official purchase one either. Has the date been moved back again?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pinned topic. It's tomorrow.</p>

Sorry for double posting this, had posted over on the 2016 gen discussion but seems pretty dead there ..

Question regarding importing database info

I have a 2001 mod and a 2003 one, I am looking to have ECW as its own active company in 2003, now I have found the function to import the data but I had the thought that wouldnt it mess up workers ect ect (i.e Rhyno for instance would be on ECW in the 2001 database but would exist elsewhere in 2003) I am basically just looking to move the company with its titles across and then once ive done that use the editor to add some key staff and jump in and play, what would be the best way to do this ?

cheers guys

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="praguepride" data-cite="praguepride" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are traveling expenses in the game yet? I saw it listed in a patch note but I haven't seen any real reference to it in negotiation screens yet.<p> </p><p> If it is in the game, how do I know how much someone will charge to get to the show?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Travel being covered is on by default and they'll always demand it if you're paying them per-show with no ironclad clause. It looks like neither a downside nor an increase in wages enough to cover travel expenses work as a substitute. </p><p> </p><p> The numbers are in the handbook, but here they are:</p><p> </p><p> Same area, in a region where you have spillover: $20</p><p> Same area, other region: $50</p><p> USA-Canada, USA-Mexico, UK-Europe: $100</p><p> Other inter-area travel: $200</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a button to see how a guy is doing physically? In TEW there was a button that had a diagram of a body and it let me know if a guy was tired or hurt and how long he would be out for. Does that exist in tew20?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's on their skills screen. Just click any of their skills and it will bring it up.</p>

Is there a way for autobooker not to book a bunch of pre show segments?

Personally, I find autobooker still books most segments too long, so I move all the pre-show segments to the main card and adjust all segment lengths down.

I don’t actually use pre-show unless I have a drunk returning from rehab.

• Like 1

I use pre-show matches all the time to test for chemistry live rather than waiting for the house show reports, and also to build up experience for tag teams or other younger wrestlers but not effect the main show or give them too much overness loss/gain.

It's also useful if you play with "left off show complaints" on, but I never do because that's a stupid penalty.

Hello, sorry if you already answered to that question but, the key provided when you purchase the game will be lock for a computer or will I be able to change my installation and reactivate the game with the same key ?

I'm a bit embarassed because I know I will change my setup in the year coming and don't want to loose the game in the process.

:)

Hello, sorry if you already answered to that question but, the key provided when you purchase the game will be lock for a computer or will I be able to change my installation and reactivate the game with the same key ?

I'm a bit embarassed because I know I will change my setup in the year coming and don't want to loose the game in the process.

:)

Yes, I believe you can de-activate and re-activate the key on another computer, it's a bit of a hassle though. You can consult this thread from the Tech Support forum: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544967