TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I keep getting "The fact nothing interesting was happening hurt this segment" and quite low ratings.

For reference, I was using freestyle in WWE. I booked some segments with Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns (75 and 85 overness respectively) and the same with Undertaker and Bray Wyatt (90 and 80 respectively) - I was lucky to hit a 60 in any of those segments and randomly one of the three with Taker and Bray hit the 80 mark.

Looking through dirt sheet notes, there's nothing major that jumps out at me as to why these segments are failing or what the "nothing interesting" actually means.

Rate them on something active (Entertainment, fighting, etc).

Yeah, on the Angle Booking screen, go to the question mark up the top right and read through each of the rated on sub-headings (rated on entertainment, rated on Overness etc) and read what each one means.

The rated on system for angles in TEW2020 has been completely overhauled and for the better (IMO!).

The game just doesn’t like workers standing around doing nothing for more than 4 minutes now.

How do you make promises?

From what I understand, workers promises you stuff. You can not make promises to them.

The only promise I've run in to so far is someone promising to put someone else over. Workers can either offer this voluntarily, or by you asking them by clicking "Talk to worker".

Thanks, I've given this a go and noticed a little bit of an upswing in some, but not others. Just ended my segment with Rollins, Orton, Drew and Garza (one rated on overness, one on mic and two on fighting) and still ended up mid 60's. Definitely feels much harder to both a WWE card.

When i download the new patch, will the changes made effect my saved game? I think i saw somewhere on the forum that some of the Beta Patches didnt update saved games

It depends on what change and the nature of it. One of the changes involved the starting momentum trend of all workers in the game, which could only kind of be updated via a remote assistance code. Most changes just take effect starting immediately. Although, any consequences of the bugs would still be there so in some cases you may want to start a new game anyway.

You can look at the list of fixes in Tech Support forum.

<p>Broadcaster Revenue Split</p><p> </p><p>

Might be a trivial question, but when negotiating a deal with a broadcaster at the very bottom where it says 'Revenue Split' the options are referring to the percentage of revenue your company will get, as opposed to the broadcaster, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Use the side arrows over the worker's popularity window and you can cycle to contract and release.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> OH, OF <em>COURSE!</em> HOW DID I NOT THINK OF <em>THAT?!</em> IT JUST SEEMS SO <strong>BLEEDING OBVIOUS</strong> NOW!</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: In seriousness, thank you for your the answer. I am so unbelievably done with how needlessly over-complicated this game has become. 2016 was SO much better, IMO.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RosettaStoned" data-cite="RosettaStoned" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Might be a trivial question, but when negotiating a deal with a broadcaster at the very bottom where it says 'Revenue Split' the options are referring to the percentage of revenue your company will get, as opposed to the broadcaster, right?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yup. The default is 10%, but many broadcasters can be haggled into giving you more, though after a certain amount they'll ask for some concessions (often a flat fee per episode which increases with every 5% over their limit.)</p><p> </p><p> For instance, WrestleWorld, in my experience, is willing to give a company up to 55% of the revenue split, whereas Shogun TV in Japan caps off at 20%.</p>

<p>So I’m playing as Evolve. I’m using proper booking that my product calls for it. The regional results at the end of the month has had me last while others like gcw, czw and 3 other promotions finished way ahead of me. They all had a avg show rating of at least 75. </p><p> </p><p>

What can I do to my show ratings up? My feuds are hot to.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Forgotmyusername" data-cite="Forgotmyusername" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I plan on buying this game if there's enough fixes. Question, if I buy the game, say tomorrow, start a save, and then 3 days after that a new update comes out that sixes things... will that update apply to my save game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, if the patches to the beta/ demo are anything to go by, then yes, for the most part.</p>

Maybe a dumb question, I dunno, but did something change with fast advancing? I would like it to stop fast advancing if someone makes a contract offer to one of my workers, since I’m playing as IPW at war with GSW and I’ve lost two workers during the fast advance.

Previously this was a setting that could be toggled and again, the option for “fast advance emails” appears in the settings, but no matter whether it’s set to yes or no, it skips over important emails like the potential loss of workers.

I’m probably missing something simple but yeah, can anyone help me with this?

EDIT: NEVERMIND I’ve figured it out, should’ve checked the handbook before asking and I wouldn’t look as dumb.

Where did the ability to see injuries, risks, fatigue and all that disappear to? I am getting alerts that a few superstars are needing time off, but can't see their percentages or anything to figure out how much time to offer them to take off.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JMPunk" data-cite="JMPunk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where did the ability to see injuries, risks, fatigue and all that disappear to? I am getting alerts that a few superstars are needing time off, but can't see their percentages or anything to figure out how much time to offer them to take off.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Click on the skills tab and it's in the bottom right corner.</p>

Totally new to all things TEW so apologies if this is something really obvious that I've missed. I played through the 3 month beta and had a really promising TCW save, however, when purchasing the game I foolishly bought the retail, rather than upgrade version as I bought via the webshop and it was the only one available there. Is that previous beta save gone forever or can it be salvaged?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EIOEIO" data-cite="EIOEIO" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Totally new to all things TEW so apologies if this is something really obvious that I've missed. I played through the 3 month beta and had a really promising TCW save, however, when purchasing the game I foolishly bought the retail, rather than upgrade version as I bought via the webshop and it was the only one available there. Is that previous beta save gone forever or can it be salvaged?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It should still be there if you installed the retail version into the same place as the trial. Installing the retail version won't delete anything that isn't part of the original game (such as save files, mods, new pictures with different names, etc).</p><p> </p><p> If it's not showing up in the list, it's most likely because:</p><p> - you've installed the retail version in a different directory (check that you haven't created a new TEW2020 directory inside the old one, for instance)</p><p> - either the old game or the new one wasn't started in admin mode, in which case if you search Windows for your save game name you should be able to find it and move it across.</p>