TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Can you just add a new player as the child company that usually blocks it, so that they don’t?

If you export to a database it’ll mess with random stuff like deleting storylines and re-roll all of the random elements of the game or time sensitive stuff (upgrading merch for instance).

What I do just make a new player

I have two small questions.

1. Since I reached Big size I always finished the national battles second. However in the "battle" section my top workers have the highest overness. I also had the best shows of all big promotions. - How are the battles judged?

2. At the current level booking is starting to get stale, with most of my workers reaching their cap. Gino Montero is champion with 91 pop. Since I had a long Extraordinario reign (88) I'd like to have the title change hand a few times, now. And also let the high-pop-wrestlers occasionally lose to mid carders. "Anything can happen."

How can I book a less over guy to victory without the more over guy to lose popularity?

I don't need a pop boost for the lesser worker. Just the freedom of creativity without penalty.

1) In your preference there is an option to change how battles are judged. Off the top of my head the choices are star power, show ratings, or a mixture of both. I think there might be a fourth choice too. Perhaps their top main eventers have higher SQ?

2) I'd use Keep Strong road agent note on the more over one. It will definitely limit both the main eventers popularity loss and the mid carders gain, but like you say, allows for that creativity.

1) In your preference there is an option to change how battles are judged. Off the top of my head the choices are star power, show ratings, or a mixture of both. I think there might be a fourth choice too. Perhaps their top main eventers have higher SQ?

2) I'd use Keep Strong road agent note on the more over one. It will definitely limit both the main eventers popularity loss and the mid carders gain, but like you say, allows for that creativity.

Also the storytelling match aim with be less impactful on pop gains and losses.

<p>If I understand things correctly, fans will no longer require you to be a certain roster size to "take you seriously", and it's now used only to give AI a means to maintain roster height. I have a few questions.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Why doesn't the AI make brand splits? If "big size" and various settings requires them a 70-80 wrestler roster, shouldn't they make a brand split so they don't constantly have "wasn't on show" complaints? Or does this not impact the morale of workers in AI companies? I'm just a little confused.</p><p> </p><p>

2. Does this mean a player can run a "Big Company" with "Women's Division - Large" and have 30 men and 20 women - and not be penalized "wah too small roster"? I just want to make sure I understand it.</p>

<p>You do need a minimum roster size unless the setting is turned off.</p><p> </p><p>

Can't speak for your questions in general, but since women aren't partitioned off push wise any more since they're part of perception, I don't think there's any issue with making up your minimum roster of mostly women.</p>

Couple of quick questions:

Is there a way of seeing user stats in 2020? In older versions you could see total shows ran, best show, best match etc, but I can't seem to find it this time.

Also, I'm currently sat on 30 pop, with shows getting a 60 regularly, but my popularity isn't increasing. Industry is in the 40s and rising - is there anything else that could be causing this?

First question: In the promotion section there is a buttom "top 100", where you can see best shows, etc.

As for the other: Do you do events or TV? I had more promotion growth with TV shows. But with the current update you should gain pop.

If I was to run a one night tournament, would I incur a penalty for overusing the workers in the tournament?

It depends on the worker's perception. An unknown worker is only going to be able to be used for around 12 minutes. But a major star can be all over the show. You will get booking analysis warnings if you overuse someone on the show.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mikeyboywonder15" data-cite="mikeyboywonder15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah I know about that. I'm talking about in the database, before you start a game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can not create or edit the products before or during the game. You are stuck with the choice of products available currently. The products can only be changed or added by Adam with a patch.</p><p> </p><p> If you have an idea for a product that isn't in the game, I believe there is a thread in the suggestion forum to ask for it to be added.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tspang66" data-cite="tspang66" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to coax someone out of hiatus faster?<p> </p><p> Is there a way to edit them out of hiatus?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1. You can try talking to the worker and convincing them to come out of hiatus. I have tried it before but it never worked.</p><p> </p><p> 2. No not unless you take them out of hiatus before you start your save.</p>

There are only some workers that show up on the Booking and Owner options when you're creating a child company, but I've found that if you hire someone else not on that list and put them in that company, they'll show up on the list, which makes sense, but is there any way to search based on booking or business skill like there is for all other attributes? On the normal search they don't show up.

Couple of quick questions:

Is there a way of seeing user stats in 2020? In older versions you could see total shows ran, best show, best match etc, but I can't seem to find it this time.

Also, I'm currently sat on 30 pop, with shows getting a 60 regularly, but my popularity isn't increasing. Industry is in the 40s and rising - is there anything else that could be causing this?

1) Yea I dont know if different skins screw with this but generally there should be two arrows at the bottom of your screen in AM mode surrounding several shortcuts to various office functions. If you click on the left one it should take you to a small bar at the bottom where you'll see your user character, their talent points (this is where you'll add them when you get experience btw), and you'll also see their user stats.

Your second question probably has to do with the new pop cap system that prevents small companies from getting big in other areas before they are on TV or something. I dont get it and havent paid much attention to it, I think it's being addressed in a future patch. Look around the forums it's been discussed I'm sorry I cant be more help.

If I was to run a one night tournament, would I incur a penalty for overusing the workers in the tournament?

There are no special penalties for a one night tournament but there are several factors to consider. Stamina, fatigue, etc. The big one is perception. If you try to have an unknown worker wrestler for longer than 12 minutes on a show you'll get a penalty for over using him whether its one 15 minute match or three 5 minute matches. How i've generally done it successfully is an eight man tournament, my first round will be squash matches so half of the guys it doesnt matter what their perception is. My semi finals will be four Major Stars or Stars with good stamina, make the next three matches all 20 minutes. That way the semi finals and finals can net you respectable grades, the tournament is doable in a night length wise, and no one worker ends up on TV longer than an hour, generally under 50 minutes depending on how short you make those squashes in the first round.

In my experience this is not ideal. Having 7 guys lose in one night is not worth having one guy win three times generally speaking but it can be if its the right guy. If you want to make the most of it and hype your guys throughout, which takes a bit of the sting off of those semi finalists and finalist losing in end, you should stretch the tournament out over multiple nights. 2020 keeps track of the tournament for you once you set it up within the game and its easier but if you WANT to do a one-night tournament for asthetic purposes it's possible and I've done it.

im running my 2005 wwe, and im booking sting and taker at mania and im looking forward to it, theyre both over, and have great stats, i wanna book my first ever once in a lifetime match but ive heard you can get bad ratings for that? how do i make sure i get the best rating possible for it?

I just ran a Trios Tournament over 2 rounds. Matt Gauge (18 pop in Mexico) was supposed to win with his team, practically in his debut.

I had to shorten the first round to a 5min match and he was still overused (overall 20min match time).

In a singles tournament during a PPV however I didn't have any problems with overusing. But I also didn't use undercarders.

So i bought out CILL. The game will allow me to hire Pablo Rodriguez as owner but not as booker. He has booking reputation and skill and he's available to work for them so is there a reason i can't make him the booker?

Try hiring him full time if you haven't and then sending him to CILL, then look for him under booker.

Is there a specific "developmental deal" I can use to sign workers with the intention of sending them to my development territory for a while? I can only find the "use extensively to develop your skills" option, but I'm not sure if that's it.

Their isn't