TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Can they even be used on screen and Not Rated? What would that even mean?

Think about all the interviewers in wrestling. Someone interviewing the Ultimate Warrior, for example. The interviewer would ask Warrior questions, but instead of answering them, Warrior just grunts or something.

The interviewer would prevent the segment from being penalized for "nothing interesting happening", while the segment also doesn't depend on her skills in the end.

Think about all the interviewers in wrestling. Someone interviewing the Ultimate Warrior, for example. The interviewer would ask Warrior questions, but instead of answering them, Warrior just grunts or something.

The interviewer would prevent the segment from being penalized for "nothing interesting happening", while the segment also doesn't depend on her skills in the end.

Warrior wouldn’t be cutting a promo for over 5 minutes without saying a word, so the penalty would never come into play

But also, having them be non rated wouldn’t somehow make the segment count as “interesting”.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brandon21" data-cite="brandon21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>has anyone ever successfully booked a 60 minute match? every time i think i plan it just right it always gets a poor rating lol match aims continue to confuse me</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have you tried the simple approach? Just normal aim with open match and slow build?</p><p> </p><p> I’ve run many successful 60 minute draws</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stealingsilver" data-cite="Stealingsilver" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why would I ever want to pay someone monthly? It seems like it is so much more to do this than just pay them per show.<p> </p><p> Also what is the point of them being exclusive if you have to pay them more?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The point of being exclusive is so your competition can't sign them away from you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brandon21" data-cite="brandon21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>has anyone ever successfully booked a 60 minute match? every time i think i plan it just right it always gets a poor rating lol match aims continue to confuse me</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Almost all my PPVs have a 40+ minute long match^^</p><p> What product are you using and what are the match aims?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stealingsilver" data-cite="Stealingsilver" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why would I ever want to pay someone monthly? It seems like it is so much more to do this than just pay them per show.<p> </p><p> Also what is the point of them being exclusive if you have to pay them more?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you end up running a lot of shows (say you're a touring company, or modern day wwe) it will save you money. You can also then use them on house shows. And of course, no one else can sign them</p>

has anyone ever successfully booked a 60 minute match? every time i think i plan it just right it always gets a poor rating lol match aims continue to confuse me

Yes. You want two workers with very high stamina and psychology, use the road agent notes open match and slow build. Other skills are obviously a plus but if the workers involved dont have very high stamina and psychology it'll probably bomb with those show notes. I've done it with and without "call in ring" but I've gotten weird penalties even when dudes had really high psychology. Maybe I accidentally threw a bad road agent on there or something I wasnt paying attention to but it happened enough times that it scared me off of using that note for very long matches. I could very possibly be wrong about that though I dont know.

Match aims get a little trickier. I've done it with epic but I've seen "epic" bomb when I felt like it shouldnt so I'd actually just have a "regular" match aim if i was desperate to get a 99 rating out of an hour long match.

The thing is just check your product. I'm pretty sure a garbage deathmatch wrestling product will cause fans to never want to watch a one hour long match under any circumstances so even if you have the two best workers in the game go at it for an hour it'll bomb. But if your product doesnt say anything like "Fans wont tolerate lengthy matches" or "Fans will want matches to be kept short" or however its worded you should be good to go.

It's propably basic question but:

What is match focus (regular focus, three ring circus, main event spotlight, ensemble) and angle focus (regular, tight, highlights, consistent)

Is it just for auto booker or does it have effect on rating of my show?

Actually a good question. Skills trickle out over time in this game. They dont just get the boost is stats right away after the show like they used to. So its hard for me to pick up on exactly what segments are doing what to help my guys. I THINK... yes. I've had jobbers grow in entertainment skills and the only thing I did with those guys for promos was stick them in there with one guy who was rated on Entertainment. But... theyre all very young so its possible they just grew naturally. I dont know for sure.

Can they even be used on screen and Not Rated? What would that even mean?

See above :)

You can set up an angle either Freestyle or you can program it in with Angle Writer where you have eight workers on screen in a segment but only one of them is rated.

So you could have 7 total jabronis in an angle thats rated 100 if you have a prime Rock being rated on entertainment.

The real world application of this had been debated for years. I would say it would be like maybe early Nation of Domination promos where Farooq came out and talked and everyone else just kinda stood there looking mean but by being present and identified clearly to the audience it did... to a point anyway... get them over. Would those promos be considered worthy of a 100 rating? Probably not but I like to think of it like it's possible that a promo like that COULD be that good with the right guy doing the talking. I dont know. Is it gamey? Totally. But thats what that would mean.

So, I'm playing as TCW and I've just signed back Tommy Cornell. I want to put back together (as close as possible) the original Syndicate, but I'm not sure exactly who was in it as I came to TEW with 2013. I think Sam Keith, who will be the manager, plus obviously Wolf and Tommy. Was there anyone else? Thanks in advance for any help.

Quick question, but what is the "relevancy stage" of a wrestlers career? The Ahead of Their Time attribute says leaving that stage won't affect the worker, but I'm not sure when exactly that is. Is it simply referring to the point that a worker enters time decline and would naturally stop being as relevant to fans?

Quick question, but what is the "relevancy stage" of a wrestlers career? The Ahead of Their Time attribute says leaving that stage won't affect the worker, but I'm not sure when exactly that is. Is it simply referring to the point that a worker enters time decline and would naturally stop being as relevant to fans?

It's an actually "fixed" number, that you can edit in the Database editor. (Impossible to do in an ongoing game.)

I think the maximum is 65 years. But there is also a "Random" option. And the attributes are basically there for people like the ECW Alumni guys, that seemingly never stopped being used by top companies. (Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, RVD, etc.)

A worker can enter time decline decades before no longer deeming themselves relevant. Think of it like Taz, who had a surprisingly short time of being at his peak and starting to decline.

Is it possible to have a User Character take on proteges and give them a boost? I did this in tew 2016 as a way to help boost rookies or newly generated characters a bit by putting them as proteges of my user character through the in game editor, but in 2020, even with multiple proteges at every show, I still haven't seen the pop up before the show involving my character and anyone. Was this removed, or do you need certain attributes or something else for it to happen?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> So you could have 7 total jabronis in an angle thats rated 100 if you have a prime Rock being rated on entertainment.</p><p> </p><p> The real world application of this had been debated for years. I would say it would be like maybe early Nation of Domination promos where Farooq came out and talked and everyone else just kinda stood there looking mean but by being present and identified clearly to the audience it did... to a point anyway... get them over. Would those promos be considered worthy of a 100 rating? Probably not but I like to think of it like it's possible that a promo like that COULD be that good with the right guy doing the talking. I dont know. Is it gamey? Totally. But thats what that would mean.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So I guess you can do that, but why should you? The other Nation members should be rated on Menace there (or SQ or Overness). You literally said they "stood there looking mean" in your description. It might be in your best interest to have them not rated, but if they are actually a part of the angle they should be rated on something. Even the other person's interviewer example should be rated on something (maybe Microphone/Acting or Sex Appeal).</p><p> </p><p> I guess maybe a pull apart brawl would have people on screen where it only matters that there's a bunch of them and not who they are, but in TEW terms I'd say they shouldn't even actually be in the angle and the text should just say "a whole ton of people come to the ring and break up the fight" because the individual workers literally don't matter.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vinsmoker" data-cite="Vinsmoker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's an actually "fixed" number, that you can edit in the Database editor. (Impossible to do in an ongoing game.)<p> </p><p> I think the maximum is 65 years. But there is also a "Random" option. And the attributes are basically there for people like the ECW Alumni guys, that seemingly never stopped being used by top companies. (Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, RVD, etc.)</p><p> </p><p> A worker can enter time decline decades before no longer deeming themselves relevant. Think of it like Taz, who had a surprisingly short time of being at his peak and starting to decline.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Relevancy is more related to non physical worker decline.</p><p> </p><p> For instance Jericho has been in a gigantic decline physically for the better part of a decade, but he remains relevant and topical, so his entertainment skills haven’t decreased. On the other hand, Jim Ross has been in a free fall for years.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> So you could have 7 total jabronis in an angle thats rated 100 if you have a prime Rock being rated on entertainment.</p><p> </p><p> The real world application of this had been debated for years. I would say it would be like maybe early Nation of Domination promos where Farooq came out and talked and everyone else just kinda stood there looking mean but by being present and identified clearly to the audience it did... to a point anyway... get them over. Would those promos be considered worthy of a 100 rating? Probably not but I like to think of it like it's possible that a promo like that COULD be that good with the right guy doing the talking. I dont know. Is it gamey? Totally. But thats what that would mean.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> See Jericho's perfect promo when he introduced Inner Circle, and all of his other promos when Hagar, Sammy, Ortiz, and Santana are in the background yet gain popularity.</p>

If I understand Broadcasters correctly, one should not start both a Terrestrial and Internet broadcaster because one will step on the toes of the other?

Is internet the best then? (Internet Subscription)

Are you talking about launching your own broadcaster in-game? As far as I can tell, all broadcasters that you can launch in-game are all Internet-based.

The difference will between PPV, FTA, Commercial, and Subscription.

If that's not your question, are you asking about creating a broadcaster in database editor?

Are you talking about launching your own broadcaster in-game? As far as I can tell, all broadcasters that you can launch in-game are all Internet-based.

The difference will between PPV, FTA, Commercial, and Subscription.

If that's not your question, are you asking about creating a broadcaster in database editor?

I am talking about - I own a Terrestrial Subscription network.

To what end would it hurt me more than help me, to start an Internet Subscription network for more viewers?

I created the first broadcaster, Terrestrial Subscription, in the database. Then, after a year or so, I realized "I can own more than one broadcaster" but then remembered reading something about "If you have a show on more than one broadcaster, they will eat each other and both get lower ratings".

So, if I own a Terrestrial Subscription, then I should NOT start an Internet Subscription, right? Because they will just eat each other?

I am talking about - I own a Terrestrial Subscription network.

To what end would it hurt me more than help me, to start an Internet Subscription network for more viewers?

I created the first broadcaster, Terrestrial Subscription, in the database. Then, after a year or so, I realized "I can own more than one broadcaster" but then remembered reading something about "If you have a show on more than one broadcaster, they will eat each other and both get lower ratings".

So, if I own a Terrestrial Subscription, then I should NOT start an Internet Subscription, right? Because they will just eat each other?

Well, no. That's not how it works. If you have a shown on multiple broadcasters, then they eat each other. Owning two? Well, no.

Showing the same show on two broadcaster (owned or not) will eat it each other. Not owning two.

(Aside: it sounds like you created the broadcaster in the editor, because I don't recall someone being able to create a terrestrial broadcaster in-game).

Does anyone know the exact factors contributing to a worker's retirement other than age? I've been playing a 10+ years real world save and I keep seeing female workers retiring around 35-39 while still being actively employed and pushed. Male workers usually work until later in their years.

If I am a Japanese company and I hire an American with good pop in his home area and no pop in Japan, his perception will be Unimportant.

If I run a show in America where he is by far the most popular worker, will he be considered Unimportant for the show, and if so would I receive penalities that go along with that perception i.e. the used too much note?