TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Well that’s now completely changed in TEW2020, because in 2016 that affected momentum whether or not the worker was in a storyline.

This is interesting, I’m going to have to think about how I book my guys not in storylines now, as I often give them the post-match beatdown to get their heat back.

EDIT: actually the more I think about it, the more confused I am, as “success in storylines” is now purely cosmetic, and has been now for a few games at least. I genuinely don’t understand the point of successes and defeats now in angles if this is the case.

Would love some clarification on this.

I've tested this in a game with strict storylines off which may play a factor but I'm 100% certain at least in those circumstances that using storyline success in angles affects momentum whether a worker is in a storyline or not. . as I've gotten the vast majority of my roster to positive momentum using it. . I have zero active storylines, Just making everyone successful when booked in angles and I only have 3 people on my roster with negative momentum. .

4WhhnnA.jpg

schFNlB.jpg

That's ever active wrestler on my roster currently, Sammy Bach hasn't debuted yet which is the only reason he's at neutral lol. . Whether its meant to work that way I don't know but it almost certainly does from what I can tell. .

I am pretty sure the answer to this is no, but is there a way to do a special guest referee?

You can change who the referee is in the match screen. I believe where it says by role you just switch that to all and you can choose any worker as the ref.

You can change who the referee is in the match screen. I believe where it says by role you just switch that to all and you can choose any worker as the ref.

Will it tank the match rating if I use someone who has no ref skill? Wanting to use Jack Bruce as a special guest ref for a PPV match.

Just wondering if I am missing something on my promotion's popularity gains. I have a Tiny fed with a Very Small PPV provider (America wide). This arrangement has been going for over two years of once monthly shows. In that time, my promotion has grown in my home area from 10 to 21 popularity. All the other areas are growing slowly except in Hawaii and Puerto Rico. They are still at 0 pop. I understand that pop grows more slowly with PPV, but shouldn't there have been some movement?

do pre show matches able to boost workers momentum?

Should, yes. Otherwise, I have no idea how the Dublin Gals got to Very Warm on my roster since they've never appeared on a main show card.

I've tested this in a game with strict storylines off which may play a factor but I'm 100% certain at least in those circumstances that using storyline success in angles affects momentum whether a worker is in a storyline or not. . as I've gotten the vast majority of my roster to positive momentum using it. . I have zero active storylines, Just making everyone successful when booked in angles and I only have 3 people on my roster with negative momentum. .

That's ever active wrestler on my roster currently, Sammy Bach hasn't debuted yet which is the only reason he's at neutral lol. . Whether its meant to work that way I don't know but it almost certainly does from what I can tell. .

That seems like a MAJOR loophole. But it also gives tremendous additional value to workers like Ben Williams, Bob Casey, and Air Attack Weasel who you could ostensibly use ONLY in angles, being beaten up. Heck, now that I'm looking at it, Australia has a ton of workers with god-tier selling (Vortex has 100!!!).

Just wondering if I am missing something on my promotion's popularity gains. I have a Tiny fed with a Very Small PPV provider (America wide). This arrangement has been going for over two years of once monthly shows. In that time, my promotion has grown in my home area from 10 to 21 popularity. All the other areas are growing slowly except in Hawaii and Puerto Rico. They are still at 0 pop. I understand that pop grows more slowly with PPV, but shouldn't there have been some movement?

Look in the editor. Does it say you have 0 in all the other areas? Or is it something like a decimal? Your PPV provider isn't large enough to produce the kind of popularity gains you seem to be looking for. TEW20 slowed things down quite a bit. You're not likely to get 5% per quarter running monthly shows, unless those shows are crazy highly rated. You're going to make glacial gains but they'll still be gains.

Look in the editor. Does it say you have 0 in all the other areas? Or is it something like a decimal? Your PPV provider isn't large enough to produce the kind of popularity gains you seem to be looking for. TEW20 slowed things down quite a bit. You're not likely to get 5% per quarter running monthly shows, unless those shows are crazy highly rated. You're going to make glacial gains but they'll still be gains.

As a matter of fact, I have managed to gain population in a number of AREAS where I have NO coverage over that time (or even spillover for that matter). I do not mind growing slowly. In fact, I am rather enjoying my slow climb in my home area. Yet my pop is currently larger in Europe than it is in Hawaii or Puerto Rico. Both started from zero but areas where I have run PPV for over two years are still at zero while my worldwide pop has grown, albeit slightly.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrJeeps" data-cite="MrJeeps" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I downloaded a data pack with some new companies and importted them into my current save. I have set one to appear in a given month and year, but it will not appear. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Check if it has potential founders set to mandatory. It it does and those workers aren't available at the appointed opening date, then the promotion will not open.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Check if it has potential founders set to mandatory. It it does and those workers aren't available at the appointed opening date, then the promotion will not open.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Checked. It is set on "Preferred" and there are no names in the 3 slots.</p>

<p>Is there any way to determine what the bottom line changes would be if you switched networks/types of platform, as far as viewership and finances go? For instance, TCW has a deal with ACE, which is a Very Big terrestrial commercial broadcaster in the US. I was looking at the possibility of moving to Netstream, a Big broadcaster that's an Internet Subscription service, but has worldwide coverage and willing to offer me 50% of revenues vs. 10% from ACE, plus Netstream would be willing to let me show my broadcasts on my own broadcaster, which at this stage is small, but I hope for expansion, whereas it looks like ACE is unwilling to let me do that (and it looks like that's something that can't be negotiated, as far as I can tell.)</p><p> </p><p>

So I know the type of broadcaster would be changing, and I know it would increase my portion of the revenues from 10% to 50%, and I know it would reduce the "coverage" from Very Big to Big in the US, but grant me a lot wider worldwide coverage, but I have no idea whether that would actually be beneficial or not. Obviously, in real life a company would have some sort of business analysts to tell them what the likely impact of this might be, but I'm not seeing any kind of estimate tool or anything. Is there any way at all to get an idea as to the cost-benefit analysis of something like this?</p>

Ah excellent, that’s how it worked in TEW2016, so I’m glad it doesn’t seem to have changed much for TEW2020.

Angle success (Or defeat) should ABSOLUTELY affect momentum even if a guy isn’t in a Storyline. If Austin got beaten down Backstage by the Headbangers outside of a storyline, it should totally knock his momentum down and should pump Thrasher and Mosh up.

Obviously good storylines should enhance momentum and pop gains (as they always have), but they should still be there regardless.

Yes, there will be a penalty, so you'd be best off using the editor to give your guest ref a temporary boost.

Is this true? I don’t think it is.

In TEW2016 it certainly wasn’t the case at all, you could use guest referees without penalty provided you didn’t do it too many times.

How bad are the overuse penalties? I'm trying to work in low midcarders/midcarders with main eventers for six mans and such for BCG like real life puro companies do but I keep getting nailed with it. Either I get penalties for overuse or I get penalties for matches not being long enough.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is this true? I don’t think it is.<p> </p><p> In TEW2016 it certainly wasn’t the case at all, you could use guest referees without penalty provided you didn’t do it too many times.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A referee with 0 in the referee skill, as most workers have, <em><strong>will</strong></em> negatively impact the match, in the same way that bad commentary or a bad road agent will. There <strong><em>will </em></strong>be a penalty.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is this true? I don’t think it is.<p> </p><p> In TEW2016 it certainly wasn’t the case at all, you could use guest referees without penalty provided you didn’t do it too many times.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't get a a penalty when I used it.</p>