Thunderverse Rey de Reyes Release Thread

The first part was caught just after launch, you can redownload the mod and it'll put them in the right place with pop being sorted as such.

As for the product, it's either right and there was a reason for it or we messed somewhere. I'll consult the journals and if it's incorrect, it'll be fixed in 1.1. :)

Ah ok, I was too quick then lol

It's just that the product doesn't seem to fit the 'lore' that is available (and the promotion's style name is the default name of the product, which I don't think happens with other companies), but of course I could be wrong.

Thank you.

White Panther, while being deceased, doesn't have the traditional black and white picture.

Also, most profile still use the acronym '"N-EW" instead of the current "NEW" for the company.

He's still alive in our hearts. It's definitely not because I had to fix the image at the last minute and forgot.

The N-EW thing was a nightmare - some of them had it as N-EW as that's what they were known as when they were there, but it became too complicated. We should be able get them all as NEW for consistency for the next update though, we weren't going to worry too much about it for the first release.

So I've had a look into this one (alongside doing day 2 of Pokemon GoFest 2021) and it's by design to have differences with N-EW and NEW. Most of the people were N-EW is mentioned is from when the company was Nu-Extreme Wrestling rather than its current format. If a Wikipedia were made for this, the idea is that clicking N-EW in that bio would take you to NEW anyway. It's a little confusing at first though, I do understand.

I don't think the product is correct, and it using the default name as the label suggests it was overwritten by accident. We'll get that fixed.

Yup. The correct style should be Competitive Entertainment. It's fixed for 1.1 which will probably be out around the end of the upcoming week unless plans change that force an earlier update.

Also, Wrestling India has been sorted so the promotion is no longer losing money hand over fist. :)

Just came back to the game, and the board, after a while away, and what a nice treat when returning.

A new ThunderVerse. Problems with TEW2020 aside, TVerse is always a good sight.

I did notice one issue, though (well, two):

The pic for GILL's Cibernetico title is blank, just showing the stock background.

Also, the NCW Northern and Southern Tag title belts are the old US Tag belts. I'm sure the latter was done purposely, as the blurbs for each note that there may not be enough teams to carry both belts (so maybe they're supposed to merge down the line?), but it'd be nice if someone created belts for each. The Cibernetico title being missing (or in this case the stock background), though, seems like a mistake.

Just came back to the game, and the board, after a while away, and what a nice treat when returning.

A new ThunderVerse. Problems with TEW2020 aside, TVerse is always a good sight.

I did notice one issue, though (well, two):

The pic for GILL's Cibernetico title is blank, just showing the stock background.

Also, the NCW Northern and Southern Tag title belts are the old US Tag belts. I'm sure the latter was done purposely, as the blurbs for each note that there may not be enough teams to carry both belts (so maybe they're supposed to merge down the line?), but it'd be nice if someone created belts for each. The Cibernetico title being missing (or in this case the stock background), though, seems like a mistake.

Belts are in the works, it's just that they weren't ready for the 1.0 launch of the Thunderverse. The belts you've referred to (plus some others) are named in such a way that when we do get the belts through, they'll be able to be saved directly on top of the placeholder images to show up in games.

Thanks everyone who put work into this.

I very much want to have a long and successful playthrough so I am going to wait for, at least, the first update.

I am curious to know: what other mods are any of you using or plan to use in your playthrough with this? I am thinking more general mods rather than mixing worlds or characters. Any recommendations that will go well with Thunderverse? I see the injury mod is already a part of it.

I very much want to have a long and successful playthrough so I am going to wait for, at least, the first update.

I am curious to know: what other mods are any of you using or plan to use in your playthrough with this? I am thinking more general mods rather than mixing worlds or characters. Any recommendations that will go well with Thunderverse? I see the injury mod is already a part of it.

I ONLY use this angle pack because the default ones don't rate workers well IMO, so I replaced the TVerse angles with it as well.

I use the Odobenus Angle Pack, it's simple, gets stuff done, and leaves me with a lot of free range to be creative. Also use Locations Extended because I'm running a promotion set in Alaska so I wanted more than one city to use.

Was thinking about trying to add in the C-Verse Venues mod cause I like having good named venues but I wasn't sure. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

I use the Odobenus Angle Pack, it's simple, gets stuff done, and leaves me with a lot of free range to be creative. Also use Locations Extended because I'm running a promotion set in Alaska so I wanted more than one city to use.

Was thinking about trying to add in the C-Verse Venues mod cause I like having good named venues but I wasn't sure. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

If there are locations in Alaska you'd like adding in just let me know and we'll add them for 1.1. It's difficult to know at what point to stop when adding cities/towns, particularly when it isn't a region that MHero or I are from.

In terms of the venues, there were hundreds in TEW2016. We took the venues themselves out because the AI doesn't seem to be able to work well with venues and locations alongside each other. They'd be easy to import, but some might end up in the wrong regions (Kentucky moved in TEW2020 to Mid Atlantic, Russia was split from Eastern Europe etc.). Unless MHero's early conversion dealt with that already? If not, I'll see about getting something done that you can import over the next couple of weeks.

I can't remember what the conversion did at this point haha, I assume about six people downloaded it and the rest waited with baited breath for the proper TEW20 TVerse. :p

:D I'll sort it out this week and we can stick it in a link under the one to the alt threads when it is done.

Thank you so much for this amazing work 😍

Quick question : in the future DLC, are you going to add Free Pictures for the wrestlers who will be generated by the game?

Thanks again

Sorry xGus, I completely forgot to reply to this.

In terms of Free Pictures, if there were enough "community renders" done, then we would definitely consider doing that. As it stands, without that it's fairly unlikely. Although the ThunderVerse has over time had a number of "official" renderers on the team, I'm the only one left standing. The Cverse has over 900 free pictures, but that's from a dozen or more renderers; for me to do that many would take a long, long time, and in reality if we're going to create an interesting image, we might as well use it for a "proper" character.

There was a free picture pack done for 2016 from community created images I believe, so it's not completely out of the question, but equally I can't promise anything.

One thing I can assure you of though is that the DLC will enhance the experience without completely changing everything. They are designed to be incorporated into existing games and/or new games easily for players.

Hi everybody! Before the heat takes me for the day (I'm Scottish, we're not built for warm weather!) I've gotten round to setting up the pdf for the bios of the promotions that no longer "exist" in the Thunderverse. It can be found here and has the promotion initials (and name in the bio), location and product.

This way if anyone wants to bring back DRAGON or UKWA etc they've got the tools there to do so. I may edit in the logos down the line but they'll be the old style of logos (unless jhd surprises me again!)

By the way guys, since not even the modders remember where the 2016 free pictures are (I asked), could someone dig them up if they know where they are? Since there are no such pictures in the 2020 version, for now.

We didn't upload it, but I'm guessing this is the one you are after?

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2381565&postcount=366

I've not downloaded it, so I don't know if it works, but if not I can probably dig the file out and get MHero to reupload it somewhere.

Obviously you'll need to add them in manually to the mod, in which case I'd suggest making a copy of the database once you've done it or you'll need to do it manually each time you install an update. At least if you've got a copy you'll only need to remember to import them.

I've not downloaded it, so I don't know if it works, but if not I can probably dig the file out and get MHero to reupload it somewhere.

Obviously you'll need to add them in manually to the mod, in which case I'd suggest making a copy of the database once you've done it or you'll need to do it manually each time you install an update. At least if you've got a copy you'll only need to remember to import them.

Doesn't work, when I download it, it shows up as a generic "file" rather than a folder.

Sorry xGus, I completely forgot to reply to this.

In terms of Free Pictures, if there were enough "community renders" done, then we would definitely consider doing that. As it stands, without that it's fairly unlikely. Although the ThunderVerse has over time had a number of "official" renderers on the team, I'm the only one left standing. The Cverse has over 900 free pictures, but that's from a dozen or more renderers; for me to do that many would take a long, long time, and in reality if we're going to create an interesting image, we might as well use it for a "proper" character.

There was a free picture pack done for 2016 from community created images I believe, so it's not completely out of the question, but equally I can't promise anything.

One thing I can assure you of though is that the DLC will enhance the experience without completely changing everything. They are designed to be incorporated into existing games and/or new games easily for players.

Thanks for the reply, I understand that it's a lot of work to do unfortunately. Looking forward for the DLC !

If there are locations in Alaska you'd like adding in just let me know and we'll add them for 1.1. It's difficult to know at what point to stop when adding cities/towns, particularly when it isn't a region that MHero or I are from.

In terms of the venues, there were hundreds in TEW2016. We took the venues themselves out because the AI doesn't seem to be able to work well with venues and locations alongside each other. They'd be easy to import, but some might end up in the wrong regions (Kentucky moved in TEW2020 to Mid Atlantic, Russia was split from Eastern Europe etc.). Unless MHero's early conversion dealt with that already? If not, I'll see about getting something done that you can import over the next couple of weeks.

If you were lookin' to add locations in Alaska the only ones that would really need to be added would probably be Fairbanks and Juneau. I think the default locations only has Anchorage—which is fair since it has like 50% of the state's population— and locations Expanded adds Fairbanks and Kodiak. But once you hit the fourth biggest city in the state it drops down to like less than 20k people so there's not much of a point in adding much more.

As far as the venues go, don't do any work you don't have to just on my account! I like having them but it's by no means a deal breaker for me and I'm perfectly happy just using locations and adding in names myself for flavor. If I really want them I could bring them in from the conversion and just do the extra bit of work myself!

If you were lookin' to add locations in Alaska the only ones that would really need to be added would probably be Fairbanks and Juneau. I think the default locations only has Anchorage—which is fair since it has like 50% of the state's population— and locations Expanded adds Fairbanks and Kodiak. But once you hit the fourth biggest city in the state it drops down to like less than 20k people so there's not much of a point in adding much more.

As far as the venues go, don't do any work you don't have to just on my account! I like having them but it's by no means a deal breaker for me and I'm perfectly happy just using locations and adding in names myself for flavor. If I really want them I could bring them in from the conversion and just do the extra bit of work myself!

Last checked, we've got Fairbanks, AK and Juneau, AK in the mod in the North West. Also can't see Juneau written out without thinking of Funeral for a Friend's Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation album.

Yeah, as MHero said we've got three locations in Alaska already (Juneau, Fairbanks and Anchorage). If they're not showing up for you let me know and we'll go digging. The list of locations in the mod isn't the default set, we've added to it massively. We can add Kodiak in no problem.

Yeah, as MHero said we've got three locations in Alaska already (Juneau, Fairbanks and Anchorage). If they're not showing up for you let me know and we'll go digging. The list of locations in the mod isn't the default set, we've added to it massively. We can add Kodiak in no problem.

Okay weird I could have sworn they weren't in there before I did the Expanded import but you're probably right and I just missed them. I wouldn't worry about adding Kodiak. I don't think most people are running shows in Alaska!

Doesn't work, when I download it, it shows up as a generic "file" rather than a folder.

Same happened to me. Not something we can control unfortunately. Presumably someone somewhere has them, if not then oh well.

It does work, but you have to add .rar to the file name

Make sure to activate "Show file extensions" first on File Explorer