Thunderverse Rey de Reyes Release Thread

A few more things:

- Aaron Price and Travis Stine have a Tag Team Title run in late 2018 - 2019 despite Stine having no record or mention of working for the AWF during this period.

- Atlas Lynn bio says he is known partly for his tag team with Joey Devastation but the team as 0 experience together.

- Spike Daryl has a title reign with the PWI World title despite having no history of working for the company.

- Hollywood Harris Furlong's bio says he is twin brothers with himself as opposed to with Al. Also the brother's have no tag team set up.

We struggled to get him away from the obvious similarities with Corey Graves. He is one that could potentially come back with DLC as he has been re rendered. I'll post the image when I'm back on my laptop.

EDIT: So yes, he's gone for now.

I thought that was the point of thunder verse was the similarities with real wrestlers? I mean 13Teen(Saba), Terry Thunder(Hulk Hogan), Timothy Hawk(John Cena), Seven Brandt(CM Punk)

I thought that was the point of thunder verse was the similarities with real wrestlers? I mean 13Teen(Saba), Terry Thunder(Hulk Hogan), Timothy Hawk(John Cena), Seven Brandt(CM Punk)

The point of the ThunderVerse is to provide a fun fictional universe, with some fun similarities thrown in. It was never the "point," otherwise we would just play a real world mod ya know?

The point of the ThunderVerse is to provide a fun fictional universe, with some fun similarities thrown in. It was never the "point," otherwise we would just play a real world mod ya know?

maybe im the only one but I didn't see Hawk as Cena lol but there are similarities on some but that goes for any fictional universe. whether mod makers, graphic, renders etc we all get some sort of motivation from a real person

I mean, the Cornellverse has RW Parallels, so does the Thunderverse, it's part of character building to base things off of other things you know, but it's not the "point" of anything. blatant derivative is bad, building on existing themes and ideas is good.

I mean, the Cornellverse has RW Parallels, so does the Thunderverse, it's part of character building to base things off of other things you know, but it's not the "point" of anything. blatant derivative is bad, building on existing themes and ideas is good.

Not sure who in cornellverse you are referring to cause I’ve never seen any RW parallels but thunderverse 2016 had many!!!! From Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Sabu, Aj Styles, Corey Graves, Kenny Omega, John Cena, CM Punk, etc that’s what I enjoyed about it! It was a fictional world with characters who mirrored real world wrestlers hell you even had characters who mirrors Jerry Lawler and Brian Christopher!

It is stated in the first post that we made a lot of changes that returning players would notice. The point of the Thunderverse was never to provide a fictional universe full of real world wrestlers and, again to be a bit blunt, if you want to book real world wrestlers you can always go and download Real World Chronicles or any other RW mod.

Through time we've gotten better (or worse I guess :p) at not relying on 1:1 mirrors - and we have been saying a lot that this was coming. Some workers like 13TEEN were never meant to be a Sabu type figure for example, same with Seven Brandt to CM Punk. There are some obvious figures that maybe lean directly but we've done what we consider to be our best to move away from being direct copies - Kinjo being an egomaniacal heel, Terry Thunder having a dating show, the reworking of the Hart family to the Bell family + friends etc.

Completely understand that it's easier to book people if you can make a link and go "oh yeah that's just X" however that was not and never will be the key aim of this mod because, as said above, if you want to just book real world wrestlers then download a real world mod.

Small edit: Also wanted to drop a thanks to everyone who has checked this out, it's been hella rad seeing everyone's reactions to something jhd, myself and the team put a lot of time into! :D

Not sure who in cornellverse you are referring to cause I’ve never seen any RW parallels but thunderverse 2016 had many!!!! From Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Sabu, Aj Styles, Corey Graves, Kenny Omega, John Cena, CM Punk, etc that’s what I enjoyed about it! It was a fictional world with characters who mirrored real world wrestlers hell you even had characters who mirrors Jerry Lawler and Brian Christopher!

Well Babau and Moroi are 100% Hallowicked and Frightmare first off,

Caulfield is Tommy Dreamer

Big Cat Brandon has elements of JBL with his buildup from a rough and tumble tag team with an older vet to a "Rich person" gimmick

Haruki Kudo/Hooded Kudo is Mutoh/Muta

Both Jack Bruce and Christian Faith are Shawn Michaels split between two people.(Bruce also having a bit of Jericho in him)

Dread is Vader

Bruce the Giant is Andre but Australian

Sam Strong is Hogan-esque

Ricky Dale Johnson is Austin

There's a lot more but it's late here and I'm not going to dive further in, but I digress.

Cornellverse is more about elements than blatancy. I feel like MHero felt like some of the characters were too blatant in who they were taking after. Ryland used to be a bit more blatant too. But once you start running out of direct ideas, you have to mix and match a bit to suit the needs of the story you are writing. Blatantly making a guy someone who already exists, unless it's funny/a reference(Johnny Vallaeu is a nice touch I very much appreciated and gave me a solid laugh imagining a diary with him as the point of view). I think it's important to recognize that while things have changed, some of the allegories in the Thunderverse are still around and there are new ones I don't remember from 2016. I'm not going to be one of those guys that goes "just play a RW mod if you like these wrestlers". What I'm saying is to enjoy things how they are. While they have gotten rid of some of the more egregious cases, there's plenty of old faithfuls and new additions(some of them more subtle than others) that are certainly fun. Sometimes it's less about how they look and more about how they wrestle as an FYI.

That's pretty much what I have to say on the matter though. Am I sad at some of the choices made? yes, there's a couple people I definitely miss (RIP Ishkhan) and while I do mourn them. I enjoy what I get enough to know I will be taken care of.

Edit: Was writing this when MHero posted above me here, I 100% understand his outlook and as I said, Ryland was guilty of this too in the early days of the Cornellverse, keep on truckin' my man and don't let people get in the way of your vision.

Through time we've gotten better (or worse I guess :p)

Much Worse! DAMN YOU!!! KAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNN!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Honestly, I'm loving what I've seen so far, worked all day and Watched Slammiversary when i got home, so still going through it...but looks really awesome!

I love the CWT rebranding to NCW, and the fact they got a solid little women's division now.

AWW becoming a Major Player makes me very happy.

I've been a fan since the first version of Thunderverse and it just keeps getting better. Kudos to everyone involved.

There actually is kinda, his name is Hotdog Starkes. He occasionally teams with Cheeseburger from ROH.

What's amusing about this is that El Hot Dog has been in the ThunderVerse longer than Starkes has been a wrestler (at least according to Cagematch). I wonder if he's a POW fan :p

What's amusing about this is that El Hot Dog has been in the ThunderVerse longer than Starkes has been a wrestler (at least according to Cagematch). I wonder if he's a POW fan :p

If he claims that he was trained by a guy in a popcorn costume, it would be sure-fire confirmation that he is. ;)

I love the work you all have done in India. Fantastic work guys. I am leaning towards that region being my 1st T-verse dynasty although I have few other ideas as well. Damn!! So much to take in.

I forgot you from the opening credits (My apologies) but thanks to you as well for helping out with the location work to India! :D

Guys, am I missing something? The picture folder doesn't have anything in the broadcasters or events folders?

-

I'm looking at stuff now, I am hyped!

I think there's been a a small miss on the description of MODEL Trigger (last word).

Another small typo noticed on the PWI storyline, An International Education, wrestling > wrestler

I figure the reference to Life Without Fear on Jesse Mills bio should have a capital W.

Possible typo on the last sentence of the Justice Supreme bio? Gary instead of Gant?

These really are small typos, so the quality is high.

Got these now. For the last one, Gary is Justice Supreme's "real" first name so it's referring to that instead of Gant. :)

Sorry if this has been brought up or explained before, but PEWA's location is still Central Europe while it should probably be Western Europe now.

Also, their product is Stoner Entertainment, which I'm pretty sure is an error.

The first part was caught just after launch, you can redownload the mod and it'll put them in the right place with pop being sorted as such.

As for the product, it's either right and there was a reason for it or we messed somewhere. I'll consult the journals and if it's incorrect, it'll be fixed in 1.1. :)