NWF: Disrupting The Market

Sad I missed the predictions for the past couple shows. Surprised to see Landon and Bret pull such a great match, disappointed with Byron and Dangermouth's. If Byron was 5 years younger, he could easily have been your #1 heel. Hopefully Bret can keep stepping up.

Just out of curiosity, what are the British/Europeans like now 1 year past in your game? Any major signings or releases?

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:36 PM, newbiezness said:

Frisby's Foundation For Fitness' t-shirts with @John Lions graphic are so cool, that peak in sales is understandable. The result was perfect with Welsh Dragon retaining and Frisby's clients banned from ringside. The only negative point was the match rating, but the match was well placed and it didn't affect the show rating and in diary terms the match was interesting.

Thanks @newbiezness. As much as I love Chuck, he really is poor in the ring. His in-ring rating was a 10 in this match, although the awful chemistry won't have helped that. He will definitely wrestle from time to time, but he definitely has more use as a manager. 

I agree on the graphics! @John Lions did a great job with the Frisby Foundation for Fitness logo!

18 hours ago, 619 said:

Nice card. A big win for Dangermouth, with Byron having an out in being suited and unprepared, while his son had more good character development in defeat. I was rooting for Frisby just because he's such a great character but, based on the comment about his lack in in-ring ability, it seems the right man won. Likewise, Manchester getting a big show win to bounce back from his title match losses made sense. I'm intrigued to see over the next few shows if Mallory is over enough for the title feud yet, and what direction you go down instead if not.

Thanks @619! Glad you enjoyed the show. I would have loved to put the belt on Frisby, but I like my champions to at least be servicable in the ring which unfortunately counts Chuck out. 

Landon Mallory is up to Recognisable after Out With The Old, so can now take part in longer matches. You'll have to wait and see when I pull the trigger!

15 hours ago, John Lions said:

Sad I missed the predictions for the past couple shows. Surprised to see Landon and Bret pull such a great match, disappointed with Byron and Dangermouth's. If Byron was 5 years younger, he could easily have been your #1 heel. Hopefully Bret can keep stepping up.

Just out of curiosity, what are the British/Europeans like now 1 year past in your game? Any major signings or releases?

Glad to have you back @John Lions! I was hoping for more from Byron/Dangermouth as well. I was expecting more than that, but neither has scored well in ring so far. I'm still having fun writing Byron, but he may find himself stuck in the midcard.

In terms of companies:

21st Century Wrestling are Big Size with Wade Orson as World Champion. Adam Matravers beat Edward Cornell for the belt in Jan 2020, and Wade took the title off Matravers in September.

In terms of signings they have only signed National School Of Wrestling graduates. Their biggest loss is Tommy Cornell to USPW. At this point they'd also released Welsh Dragon, Edison Silva, Bedlam and Kevin Balderry.

Elsewhere in the UK, SNP are tiny and BPW and CWW are insignificant

If you've got any specific questions on any companies, let me know :)

• Like 3

On 11/24/2023 at 4:15 PM, azzak said:

Landon Mallory vs Bret Heartbreak w/ Holly Leves

A Bret loss here infuriates Byron causing further dissention between father and son.

P.S nice render for Holly Leves 😉

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Welsh Dragon (C) vs Chuck Frisby

This is in my mind where I jeprodise my 100% guessing streak for this round and possibly cost myself the victory, but I'm leaning towards Frisby here. Well that's a lie, I still think a Welsh Dragon victory here is more probable, but I'm going to risk it all with a Frisby win. Though Dragon's reign is still short, Chuck has been one of your most interesting characters (I believe by your own admission too). Plus he has the heel faction to interfere and keep Dragon strong in defeat. I think you're going to head towards a Red Dragon/Welsh Dragon tag team in the future, something I've also initiated in a save previously as they seem to be quite a natural pairing. I also think you don't want to run two events where all the belts are retained, which is tough to avoid when starting a new promotion, especially with a monthly event schedule.

Nate Manchester vs Joey Beauchamp

I'm going for Manchester here purely because I think he complains about losing to Joey Beauchamp. I'm not at my computer to check if Beauchamp has a high enough toughness to intimidate Nate into taking a loss, so I'll hedge that he doesn't. 

You managed to call both the Dragon/Frisby and Manchester/Beauchamp issues in your comments. I would have loved to put the belt on Chuck character wise, but he's so bad in the ring I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I agree on the challenge of a new promotion and lack of title changes, it's a tough balance to strike between hotshotting belts and not getting stale.

Nate Manchester refusing to put people over (or draw with people) is an ongoing issue. I'm a little ahead in game, and I've tried to put a couple of people over him and he's point blank refused, and he even refused a draw which I wanted to do for storyline purposes - very annoying.

p.s. I like the Holly Leves render too :)

On 11/24/2023 at 4:52 PM, newbiezness said:

NWF British Heavyweight Championship: Red Dragon vs Edison Silva (C) w/ Mo Adebola

Red Dragon is losing in his last singles match before joining Welsh Dragon in a tag team or at least that is what I'd like to happen.

I have three things I specifically want to do with Welsh Dragon in his 'farewell run', and a tag team with Welsh Dragon may be one of them :)

Thank you to everyone who took the time to predict, comment and react on 'Out With The Old'. A special thank you to @smw88 and @newbiezness for their wonderful signs!

This was the last show of the current prediction contest, and we have a tie at the top of the leaderboard! @azzak choosing to go with his heart over his head on the Dragon/Frisby match allowed @KyTeran to catch him up, meaning we go to our tiebreaker. The top three matches on the card were:

1. Future X vs Sharp & Heath (58)

2. Landon Mallory vs Bret Heartbreak (53)

3. Red Dragon vs Edison Silva (51)

You both had the wrong match at #1, and both had Future X vs SHarp/Heath at #2, so I think the winner is @azzak as he correctly predicted Red Dragon vs Edison Silva as the 3rd best match. Congratulations azzak, I'll PM you with your prize over the next couple of days. Thank you again to everyone who predicted, and I hope to see you back for the next round!

Prediction Results after Out With The Old

@Wrestling Machine 6/6

@KyTeran 6/6

@azzak 5/6

@newbiezness 5/6

@smw88 3/6

Final Prediction Results

azzak 25/26

KyTeran 25/26

newbiezness 20/26

John Lions 13/15

smw88 8/16

Wrestling Machine 6/6

HiPlus 3/5

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 13

Black Country Boys (Gazz Vedmore & Mickey Robson) vs The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

Landon Mallory vs Lenny Mochin

Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath vs State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

Cain Carlile vs Byron

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Nate Manchester vs Welsh Dragon (C)

Edited by Charasmatic Enigma
Formatting
  • Like 3

Black Country Boys (Gazz Vedmore & Mickey Robson) vs The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

I like the Black Country Boys, but The Northern Lights are just better.

Let the Springbok push continue.

Jon Michael Sharp & Martin Heath vs State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

Sharp and Heath have an established history together, but I am intrigue by the team of Brilliant White and Ultra Violence.

Cain Carlile vs Byron

Captain Crash will give Bryon the win he needs after losing to Dangermouth.

Your comments about Nate make me think that the Dragon is dropping his belt.

• Like 1

Let's go State Of Mind!

Cain Carlile vs Byron

I would like Welsh Dragon to lose the title against someone who is less relevant in NWF and would benefit more, but I know Nate Manchester is one of the safest champions you could choose if you want Welsh Dragon to move on right away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Nate Manchester refusing to put people over (or draw with people) is an ongoing issue. I'm a little ahead in game, and I've tried to put a couple of people over him and he's point blank refused, and he even refused a draw which I wanted to do for storyline purposes - very annoying.

Just regarding this point, I don't know the exact numbers, but people who are way tougher should be able to intimidate him into taking a loss, if they have enough popularity, and he's protected and kept strong in the booking notes. I think you get a message like Manchester was going to complain but ___ cracked his knuckles to intimidate him into shutting up. 

Predictions:

This should turn out to be a match and a half. But with the lack of build etc, it's just a hard hitting win for The Northern Lights. 

Cain Carlile vs Byron

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Nate Manchester vs Welsh Dragon (C)

Tough to call but I think he's over enough to win. 

• Like 1

Black Country Boys are a good addition to NWF but unless they had some incredible development I don't think they should be beating the Northern Lights

Lenny's another great addition, and if he's a long-term hire I could see something of an upset as a possiblity, but I think Landon holds

Bounce back win the losers in the MOTN

Cain Carlile vs Byron
Can Cain bump hard enough to give Byron a good showing in victory?

This could go in any number of directions, but it'd feel bad to be Welsh Dragon and lose the main event TV match right after the last two PPVs. Could see some shenanigans happening

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

NWFNationalWrestling.jpeg.f5d8b3ef63fc4a84fd652940e58b3ce3.jpeg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #13

Wednesday W2 January 2021

Show Rating: 51

NWF.jpg.c39b47f82741faee8e15af3d3a2b3833.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back to National Wrestling, once again streaming exclusively on demand at WrestleWorld GB. My name is Jackie Goldstein and, as always, I’m joined at ringside by Melanie Florence!”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie, I just hope we have a better night tonight than we had at ‘Out With The Old’.”

Jackie Goldstein: “The show really did live up to its name as we saw a real changing of the guard…”

Melanie Florence: “Correct! Edison Silva cemented his status as the head of the table, as he defeated former 21st Century World Champion Red Dragon!”

Jackie Goldstein: “I was actually referring to Dangermouth’s big win over former ten-time World Champion Byron…”

Melanie Florence: “He wasn’t ready! I’m done talking about this, let’s just start the show…”

GazzVedmore.jpg.5ab40c12a1079b2c0ccc1f0945dcfa7b.jpgMickeyRobson.jpg.c33072c2ba425e6949d691b8813c0ee7.jpgvs.jpg.cfabbbfdf425fcae81863b5c2071c4c5.jpgAltonVicious.jpg.83bbf7b4867504d475f59203db421efc.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.9f3eea52ffa87dbc87c54e542eae8b3c.jpg

Black Country Boys (Gazz Vedmore & Mickey Robson) VS The Northern Lights (Alton Vicious & Riddick Jordan)

The Black Country Boys are an exciting young team, who show great chemistry teaming together in the ring, but they couldn’t match the intensity and power of their opponents tonight. Alton Vicious rocked the young duo with hard elbows and heavy right hands, before Riddick Jordan shook the ring with high impact Suplexes. Riddick Jordan once again showed off his impressive Diving Headbutt from the top rope, before he tagged in Alton Vicious and the duo set up their Lights Out (Doomsday Device) finisher to pick up an impressive win.

Rating: 45

FinkFinkleton.jpg.d032551f86d95f36201860984bd047e5.jpg 

We cut backstage to find Frank Finkleton watching the previous match on a monitor. The network executive looked suitably impressed with The Northern Lights performance, until Nate Manchester walked into shot.

NateManchester.jpg.674ed74e46828014e5f766e466ad565f.jpg

Nate Manchester: “Alreet boss. I wanted to thank you for the title shot tonight... and I don’t wanna sound ungrateful – there’s nowt wrong with the Cruiserweight title of course, but it’s the NWF British Heavyweight Championship I want…”

Before Finkleton could respond, the voice of Mo Adebola came from off camera.

MoAdebola.jpg.5b127c7946078ddef9d9a98f48e765fe.jpg EdisonSilva.jpg.e1c2a4f6b57e3553491690791acd1dd0.jpg

Mo Adebola: “I think everybody agrees you’ve had quite enough opportunities. Twice you’ve come up short against my client, and I’ve not seen anything to suggest that would change.”

Nate Manchester: “Ah come on lad, I think everybody agrees that if you hadn’t stuck your nose into my matches against your client that I would be the champ already…”

Mo Adebola (grinning): “Speculation…”

Nate Manchester scowled at the lawyer.

Nate Manchester: “You think you’re so clever don’t cha lad? Well how about this – I’ll win the Cruiserweight title tonight, then at Clash of Champions next month you’re client will have no choice but to face me…”

Nate Manchester smirked as walked off, leaving Mo Adebola and Frank Finkleton stood alone. Adebola turned to the network executive looking furious.

Mo Adebola: “You need to deal with this… now!”

Frank Finkleton: “Calm down Mo, I have this under control…”

Mo Adebola spat back at the network executive that he better, before storming out of shot. The camera lingered on Frank Finkleton, who pulled his mobile phone from his pocket and hastily made a call.

Rating: 54

LandonMallory.jpg.92b9f7074445f645e024a214bcde0737.jpgvs.jpg.cfabbbfdf425fcae81863b5c2071c4c5.jpgLennyMochin.jpg.8102890bd8caab5b8e01dd8edc51a60e.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS “The Brewin’ Storm” Lenny Mochin

This was the NWF debut of Lenny Mochin, who arrived with great pedigree as a former CWW Champion and CWW King Of The North. Mochin’s first assignment looked a difficult one however, as he faced “The Springbok” Landon Mallory who had extended his winning streak to nine matches with his victory over Bret Heartbreak at ‘Out With The Old’.

Mochin showed his technical pedigree in the early stages of the contest, and surprised many onlookers as he utilised precise holds to contain the explosive power of his South African opponent. However, as is often the case with explosive powerhouses, Mochin could only contain Mallory for so long, and once the South African broke free of Mochin’s clutches the momentum built very quickly. Mochin did his best to regain control of the contest, but with the momentum Mallory had built there was nothing his opponent could do to stop the Springbok Ram (Gore) and a tenth straight victory!

Rating: 48

LandonMallory.jpg.92b9f7074445f645e024a214bcde0737.jpg

After a tough workout defeating the debuting Lenny Mochin, “The Springbok” grabbed a microphone.

Landon Mallory: “Edison Silva are you watching? By my count, that’s a ‘perfect ten’ for The Springbok!”

The crowd are firmly behind the South African, and pop at the prospect of Mallory calling out the NWF British Heavyweight Champion!

Landon Mallory: “On Sunday night Rachel Dearheart asked me – Landon you must have one eye on the NWF British Heavyweight Championship… I say Yebo! Forget one eye – Edison Silva I have both of my eyes set firmly on you and your belt boet! So whenever you’re ready, you know where to find me! And until then, I’ll just have to prove that “The Springbok” can do even better than a ‘perfect ten’!”

Melanie Florence: “Landon Mallory now throws his hat into the ring for an NWF British Heavyweight title shot!”

Jackie Goldstein: “First Nate Manchester, now Landon Mallory. Mo Adebola had every right to be looking concerned earlier tonight.”

Melanie Florence: “The title scene is getting mighty crowded Jackie!”

Rating: 56

JonMichaelSharp.jpg.b3dc704298e2392ec6a0e1d67ebec34f.jpgMartinHeath.jpg.0350143ede22370e84810d5310946333.jpgvs.jpg.cfabbbfdf425fcae81863b5c2071c4c5.jpgBrilliantWhite.jpg.67c7498dfaed80f5edb102175dcaead2.jpgultraviolencesmw88.jpg.107a7e038a4368fdbdd2c92ce4fb2023.jpg

Sharp & Heath VS State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

Another debut, this time for Ultra Violence who had been teaming regularly with Brilliant White up in Scotland. The pair entered to Brilliant White’s usual spectacular entrance, with a blinding flash of white light filling the building before the pairs’ introduction.

Despite their time teaming in Scotland, and a blatant disregard for their own personal safety, State Of Mind couldn’t keep up with the tag team experience and chemistry of Sharp & Heath. For the finish, Jon Michael Sharp was able to avoid a wild dive from Ultra Violence, allowing Sharp & Heath to set up the Disarmer to secure a routine victory.

Rating: 51

BretHeartbreak.jpg.787caca3b380aeead155ec4d1f6d1594.jpg HollyLeves.jpg.6aa4fa2b60f28795c1490567c42f111c.jpg

We cut to a car park to find Bret Heartbreak and Holly Leves walking towards a building. Holly Leves seemed exasperated as she tried to reason with her boyfriend.

Holly Leves: “I don’t understand why you want to do this. I doesn’t make any sense…”

Bret Heartbreak: “I’ve told you Holly, you wouldn’t understand. Growing up watching my dad win all those titles, it’s all he cares about! We couldn’t win the tag belt, and I’m not getting a shot at the British Heavyweight title any time soon, so that just leaves…”

Holly Leves: “Okay, okay. But why do you have to use him?”

The camera pans up to show the entrance to a gym, with a clearly newly hung banner over the front door.

FrisbysFitnessPNG.png.a7126ee5959db7576006cdf7a7e992e2.png

Bret Heartbreak: “He’s trained an Olympian. He’s the best trainer money can buy. Come on let’s go…”

Holly Leves shook her head as Bret pulled her into the gym.

StuartWilson.jpg.3f6606550da2ee5e9d421d3492939514.jpg ChuckFrisby.jpg.9199456b7b79e655dfa4fdef9c502059.jpg DwayneDark.jpeg.d48f41c04374282e06722cbe62456f2f.jpeg

The camera followed the pair inside, and panned across the gym – showing Stuart Wilson and Dwayne Dark hard at work pushing incredible heavy weights in the background. In the foreground, a beaming Chuck Frisby walked forward to greet Bret and Holly.

Chuck Frisby: “Bret, Holly. So glad you could make it. From what we talked about on the phone there isn’t a moment to lose.”

Bret Heartbreak: “And you’re sure losing 15lb in four weeks is possible?”

Chuck Frisby: “Of course, of course. It will take some of my more extreme training methods, but perfectly possible.”

Holly Leves tutted and Bret looked apologetically at her.

Bret Heartbreak: “I know you don’t like it Holly, but I need to lose 15lb to make weight for the Cruiserweight championship by ‘March Madness’…”

Holly Leves (angrily): “This whole plan is ‘March Madness’!”

Chuck Frisby (cutting across Holly): “Shall we head into my office and sign the paperwork?”

Bret Heartbreak shot a concerned look at Holly Leves, before nodding and following Chuck Frisby into his office. Holly stayed back for a moment, before shaking her head angrily and following them inside.

Rating: 40

CainCarlile.jpg.84f056001c2f3ec9dc8bdce6ffbcc737.jpgvs.jpg.cfabbbfdf425fcae81863b5c2071c4c5.jpgByron.jpg.06ebc0391d1e05855f8c8fb169a6a7fa.jpg

“Captain Crash” Cain Carlile VS Byron

Byron entered this match in a foul mood following the events at ‘Out With The Old’, and Cain Carlile was the unfortunate man who had to take the brunt of it. Byron dominated the early stages with heavy strikes, before choking his opponent on the bottom rope. Byron made sure to use the referees full five count, before momentarily breaking the choke… before going right back to it! This time referee Roy Worrall had to forcibly pull Byron off of his opponent, leading to the former ten-time world champion getting in the referees face in retaliation. The crowd booed Byron, leading to the veteran yelling that they needed to learn some respect!

All of this distraction had given Cain Carlile time to recover, and Byron was caught completely off guard as “Captain Crash” came flying off the top rope to land a Flying Dropkick that sent Byron stumbling back into the corner. Carlile kept up the attack with a Handspring Back Elbow into a Running Bulldog that earned “Captain Crash” a two count. Looking to push home his advantage, Carlile headed back to the top rope and threw himself towards his opponent… right into an Upper Class (European Uppercut) that connected in midair and crumpled “Captain Crash”. Byron made the cover for the three count, but still looked furious as his hand was raised in victory.

Rating: 40

The camera cut backstage to find Dangermouth, the man who defeated Byron this past Sunday, shaking hands with former NWF commissioner Leo Price.

Dangermouth.jpg.85cdf521634ec2a7bf49cca2fa676fba.jpg LeoPrice.jpg.aa32786d8335b2c1aa76c67da92f3ef6.jpg

Leo Price: “Congratulations on your win on Sunday kid. I wasn’t sure you’d turn up…”

Dangermouth: “I gotta say when I first heard you, I thought you was trippin’ “Lion”. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. I got to where I got to in the grime scene by investing myself 100% into my music, now I gotta do the same with my wrestlin’.

Leo Price: “Glad to hear it kid. You’ve got something, work hard and you could do big things in the NWF.”

Dangermouth: “Thanks boss. When I commit to something I tend to succeed, and people should be worrying about Dangermouth - because I’m all in!”

Rating: 54

Generic_Cruiserweight.jpeg.b25f6d6bf1ab3f0f40e09f096b30cb35.jpeg

NateManchester.jpg.674ed74e46828014e5f766e466ad565f.jpgvs.jpg.cfabbbfdf425fcae81863b5c2071c4c5.jpgWelshDragon.jpg.924fe3c0803bc5107a5b8060b3d81e76.jpg

“The Real Angel Of The North” Nate Manchester VS Welsh Dragon (C)

NWF Cruiserweight Championship

This was a blockbuster Main Event, with two of the NWF’s biggest stars competing for the Cruiserweight championship. Support in the crowd was split down the middle, as the two babyfaces traded blows in this back and forth contest. Welsh Dragon dominated the early proceedings, showcasing his lucha-libre inspired moveset. Arm Drags, Drop Toe Holds, Hurricanranas and even more Arm Drags were all on display, until Nate Manchester was able to reverse yet another Arm Drag attempt to gain control of the contest.

After a couple of good looking Dropkicks, Nate Manchester was able to land a slick looking Neckbreaker. Stalking his opponent, Nate Manchester was able to land a Roundhouse Kick, which saw the champions legs give way from under him and the Welshman slumped to the mat. The crowd rose to their feet as Nate Manchester headed to the top rope, and roared as “The Real Angel Of The North” looked ready to push off for his graceful Manc-Sault… but before he could, the Geordie was shoved forcefully from the top rope by a large, unknown figure…

Rating: 50

Nate Manchester scrambled back to his feet, but ran straight into a Big Boot from the hulking figure causing Ray Worrall to immediately call for the bell.

NathanMcKenzie.jpg.0fdb1a13e1cfd7b8087abee0b15c03a1.jpg

Jackie Goldstein: “But that’s Nathan McKenzie! He’s not been seen since he walked out on RAW back in September. But he’s never wrestled outside of Australia… What’s he doing here in the UK? What’s he doing in the NWF?”

Melanie Florence: “I don’t know Jackie, but he seems to have his sights set on Nate Manchester!”

The big Australian hauled Welsh Dragon to his feet and unceremoniously dumped the Cruiserweight champion over the top rope, before turning his attention back to Nate Manchester. Like a hunter stalking his prey, Nathan McKenzie crouched in the corner of the ring, waiting for Manchester to rise, before exploding into a Spear that split “The Real Angel Of The North” in half. The show went off the air with Nathan McKenzie stood tall over the broken body of Nate Manchester, with the Muscular Heavyweight Australian holding both arms aloft in celebration.

Rating: 49

Melanie Florence: “I don’t know where he came from, but what an impact! Nathan McKenzie has just pushed himself straight to the top of the pile, and put the entire NWF locker room on notice!”

Jackie Goldstein: “But why is he here Melanie?”

Melanie Florence: “Only one way to find out Jackie, and that’s to join us next week!”

• Like 7

Oh my, the Bret Heartbreak angle is booking brilliance. The idea of putting him in the Cruiserweight Title picture was interesting enough, but the Frisby crossover is the perfect merging of their two stories. I liked Holly's March Madness line too. And then you gave us a shock Big Mac debut in the main event: you're spoiling us. Another really good show, with positive progression for Mallory, Byron and Dangermouth too.

• Like 2

I love how Welsh Dragon is managing to retain against some apparent real threats like Chuck Frisby (he isn't talented in-ring but has been so important in the diary so far that looked much more stronger heading to their title match) and then Nate Manchester, which is far more impressive. The Cruiserweight championship is shining.

Then we have the tag team scene, with two good matches that showed the strength of the division. I like State Of Mind, I don't know about their in ring level and chemistry, but I think it's an interesting pairing and I hope they have some continuity.

I agree with @619 about Bret's crossover. The idea of losing weight to compete for the cruiserweight title with Frisby and his tackling obesity plan is creative and coherent. It elevates the already excellent Frisby's Foundation For Fitness storyline.

• Like 2

Thirding the Bret Heartbreak stuff being great, it reminds me of the Buddy Murphy/Matthews angle from early 205 live but with way more personality and character to it, in the best ways.

Big Mac is a massive pick up - from my perspective he's basically a heel Landon Mallory. A big star with the intangibles who made his name outside of GB, but with a couple of wins he'll be at the top of your card in no time. England's indies are severely lacking in talented wrestlers, and outsourcing is IMO the best approach until you have the infrastructure to build up some homegrown stars.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 619 said:

Oh my, the Bret Heartbreak angle is booking brilliance. The idea of putting him in the Cruiserweight Title picture was interesting enough, but the Frisby crossover is the perfect merging of their two stories. I liked Holly's March Madness line too. And then you gave us a shock Big Mac debut in the main event: you're spoiling us. Another really good show, with positive progression for Mallory, Byron and Dangermouth too.

12 hours ago, newbiezness said:

I agree with @619 about Bret's crossover. The idea of losing weight to compete for the cruiserweight title with Frisby and his tackling obesity plan is creative and coherent. It elevates the already excellent Frisby's Foundation For Fitness storyline.

10 hours ago, John Lions said:

Thirding the Bret Heartbreak stuff being great, it reminds me of the Buddy Murphy/Matthews angle from early 205 live but with way more personality and character to it, in the best ways.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the Bret/Chuck promo! This kind of stuff is what makes Frisby so fun to write for, and it means he can stay relevant without having to stink up the ring too often. I have a million ideas for Chuck and his little group, so they'll be around for a long time.

I also have long term plans for Bret, unfortunately for him those plans have involved him losing a lot so far. I still see him as a big player in the NWF down the road though.

10 hours ago, John Lions said:

Big Mac is a massive pick up - from my perspective he's basically a heel Landon Mallory. A big star with the intangibles who made his name outside of GB, but with a couple of wins he'll be at the top of your card in no time. England's indies are severely lacking in talented wrestlers, and outsourcing is IMO the best approach until you have the infrastructure to build up some homegrown stars.

4 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I'll make sure to bring a Landon Mallory sign next time. Also I'm sure that McKenzie will be a great sign.

I'm trying to hold off signing every big name who becomes available, but I couldn't help myself with Big Mac. Flying him over from Australia is expensive, but he can talk, he can wrestle and he has the star quality to be a real star. The comparison to Landon Mallory is very fair, they both have the attributes to rise to the very top of the card but come in with zero popularity so need building up. Hopefully I do Big Mac justice going forwards.

I think I mentioned before that Landon Mallory is now at Recognisable so can appear a little more, and he also has a Legendary gimmick which I'm hoping will help him move up the card quickly. 

• Like 4

On 12/1/2023 at 3:01 AM, John Lions said:

This could go in any number of directions, but it'd feel bad to be Welsh Dragon and lose the main event TV match right after the last two PPVs. Could see some shenanigans happening

On 11/30/2023 at 8:11 PM, azzak said:

NWF Cruiserweight Championship: Nate Manchester vs Welsh Dragon (C)

Tough to call but I think he's over enough to win. 

On 11/30/2023 at 7:57 PM, newbiezness said:

I would like Welsh Dragon to lose the title against someone who is less relevant in NWF and would benefit more, but I know Nate Manchester is one of the safest champions you could choose if you want Welsh Dragon to move on right away.

On 11/30/2023 at 7:21 PM, KyTeran said:

Your comments about Nate make me think that the Dragon is dropping his belt.

This one split opinion, and for complete clarity this is the match that Nate Manchester refused to draw! The run in was always planned, but orginally I had planned McKenzie to destroy both men and have the match thrown out as a draw but Nate put paid to those plans.

On 11/30/2023 at 8:11 PM, azzak said:

Just regarding this point, I don't know the exact numbers, but people who are way tougher should be able to intimidate him into taking a loss, if they have enough popularity, and he's protected and kept strong in the booking notes. I think you get a message like Manchester was going to complain but ___ cracked his knuckles to intimidate him into shutting up. 

Unfortuantely most of my top heels aren't 'tough' enough to trigger the note. I think Stuart Wilson and Alton Vicious are the two 'biggest' names with high toughness, so I might need to test with them if I can't get people up to Nate's level soon.

I was interested that a couple of you were excited by the idea of State Of Mind. They were a random team the AI threw together in SNP that I liked the idea of. I'll have to have a think if I could do something more with them!

Thank you to everyone who commented, predicted and reacted to the latest show! I'm glad you're all excited by the introduction of 'Big Mac' Nathan McKenzie. I'm hoping for big things from him, so expect to see him centre stage over the next few months.

Prediction Results after National Wrestling Episode #13

@smw88 5/5

@KyTeran 5/5

@azzak 4/5

@John Lions 4/5

@newbiezness 3/5

Predictions for NWF National Wrestling Episode 14

Taypen & Buzzard vs State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

Ian Vincible vs "Big Mac" Nathan McKenzie

Gazz Vedmore vs Stuart Wilson

Dangermouth vs Lenny Mochin

Landon Mallory vs Riddick Jordan

• Like 3

I do like the concept of State Of Mind, and I know I'm actually giving away a point here, but from my POV Taypen & Buzzard need this win to avoid being cemented as jobbers in the tag team division. I think State Of Mind can look strong in defeat - though I'm actually more sure they win this, I'm going heart over head on this one.

There really isn't any doubt to this one.

Another fun brawl but Wilson should take the W here as Vedmore (and Robson) are still too green, but their time will come in the future.

I love Lenny Mochin, but I think he's going to be strong in defeat for the second match in a row here.

Landon Mallory makes it 11, and I expect post-match shenanigans will start a short program with The Northern Lights as his final test before finally getting a shot at Silva.

• Like 1

State of Mind coming in should bump Taypen & Buzzard out of the jobber role, I think they are younger and more talented then the right side

Ian's invincibility is about to be put to the test

Kind of hope Lenny steals a win here, but Dangermouth has a win over a 10x World champ under his belt and Leo Price in his corner

Riddick gets a chance to steal the show in a singles match against your fastest rising babyface

• Like 1

The new team loses to the more established team.

After the way he debuted on the last show, no way is Nathan losing his first match.

The singles competitor beats the tag competitor.

Dangermouth continues to build momentum after beating Byron.

Landon goes to 11-0.

• Like 1

WrestleWorld GB & NWF Present:

NWFNationalWrestling.jpeg.f415f73d5b757f7f9a0b02ddcba54178.jpeg

NWF National Wrestling

Episode #14

Wednesday W3 January 2021

Show Rating: 56

NWF.jpg.c08a09f79cc95ed4f052941e7c4a0481.jpg

JackieGoldstein.jpg.7e0cf79edbf113d14ad6f9f64960253e.jpg MelanieFlorence.jpg.80f93ec28fa1aad9fbfe18bf3294e919.jpg

Your announce team: Jackie Goldstein & Melanie Florence

Jackie Goldstein: “Hello and welcome back to NWF National Wrestling, streaming exclusively on demand at WrestleWorld GB. My name is Jackie Goldstein, and joining me at ringside is Melanie Florence.”

Melanie Florence: “Thanks Jackie. Last week Nathan McKenzie shocked everyone in his British wrestling debut, as he single handedly took out both Nate Manchester and Welsh Dragon!”

Jackie Goldstein: “Nobody knew he was coming, and the question remains Melanie – why is he here?”

GrantTaypen.jpg.1c05ba70cccce3b9279438f78ae1146d.jpgLeightonBuzzard.jpg.6cce20b10b21c3186e596a77ed26e326.jpgvs.jpg.c615cdae65734f785b9bbeffb17ebb81.jpgBrilliantWhite.jpg.aae8f245f77ad4230b8ebe0cc3d0b4a5.jpgUltraViolence.jpg.c73fa8d6f53da75169c6667480de9f51.jpg

Grant Taypen & Leighton Buzzard VS State Of Mind (Brilliant White & Ultra Violence)

Before Jackie Goldstein could question Nathan McKenzie’s motives any further, a blinding flash of white light filled the building for the spectacular entrance of State Of Mind. Brilliant White wore his theatrical Phantom of the Opera inspired mask, while Ultra Violence strolled to the ring with a 2 x 4 piece of timber slung over his shoulder. Ultra Violence looked put out when referee Roy Worrall tentatively removed the timber from the ring.

Taypen & Buzzards entrance was far less of a spectacle by comparison, but the two teams did put on a great contest for our opener. State Of Mind seemed to catch Grant Taypen off guard in the early stages with their seeming complete disregard for their own physical wellbeing, throwing themselves off various parts of the ring to use their own bodies as weapons. The momentum of the match turned when Taypen was able to make the tag to Leighton Buzzard, who could match State Of Mind in an aerial contest. Ultra Violence ended up taking one risk too many, as he crashed and burned following an attempted Cross Body. This allowed Buzzard to hop to the second rope and hit his Buzz Off (Diving Tornado DDT) to secure the victory for his team.

Rating: 48

FinkFinkleton.jpg.92dce317613ec5f0b1fa1c84ec9d948a.jpg

We cut backstage to ‘network executive’ Frank Finkleton.

Frank Finkleton: “As you should all be aware, my role is to act as a shield and ensure that no further ‘unpleasantness’ reaches the network board. And I am delighted to announce that the board have signed off a new… resource, to ensure that the networks interests are looked after.”

NathanMcKenzie.jpg.395f9bf37d35aa81c105fe82dc2d6e48.jpg

The camera panned out to show Nathan McKenzie towering over Frank Finkleton, staring intensely down the camera.

Frank Finkleton: “This is “Big Mac” Nathan McKenzie. He is formerly best known for his work with RAW in Australia, but now he will be helping me ensure that the networks interests are carried out. “Big Mac” will be in action next, to show what’s in store for anyone who wants to step out of line…”

Rating: 42

IanVincible.jpg.b0d9e9eca68bdc350ce974e1984fc3df.jpgvs.jpg.c615cdae65734f785b9bbeffb17ebb81.jpgNathanMcKenzie.jpg.395f9bf37d35aa81c105fe82dc2d6e48.jpg

Ian Vincible VS “Big Mac” Nathan McKenzie

You had to feel sorry for Ian Vincible here as he was announced as the debut opponent for the networks new enforcer. This match was designed to showcase the power of “Big Mac”, as the heavyweight Australian overpowered his veteran opponent. Less than six minutes in, McKenzie was able to hit a huge Spear to gain a dominant victory.

Rating: 38

FrisbysFitnessPNG.png.f1e3b8cf248d58744e890f4331311f36.png

ChuckFrisby.jpg.639fe0826eb85649c8c3cde28917c104.jpg BretHeartbreak.jpg.08ac155dbec357ded15ea4635a870baf.jpg HollyLeves.jpg.5ab42dec249c6ae72fb6241f79fca6f0.jpg

We cut away for a pre-recorded segment from the Frisby Foundation for Fitness gym, where Bret Heartbreak was running on a treadmill wearing a bin bag and sweating profusely. Chuck Frisby was beaming as he exuberantly yelled encouragement at Bret Heartbreak from the top of the treadmill.

Chuck Frisby: “Come on Bret, just another twenty minutes! You’ve got this!”

Holly Leves looked a lot less cheery as she watched her boyfriend struggle to keep up the pace.

Holly Leves: “It’s been nearly two hours, surely this can’t be healthy? I thought that wearing bin bags during exercise had been proved to be dangerous?”

Chuck Frisby: “Don’t be stupid. They do it in all the movies. The bin bag produces an Endothermic reaction which causes Bret to sweat more, which means he’ll lose weight more quickly. That’s why I’ve turned the heaters on as well.”

Bret Heartbreak: “Isn’t it an Exothermic reaction?”

Chuck Frisby: “That’s what I said – you just focus on your running. You stick with me Bret and you’ll have that Cruiserweight title in no time…”

Bret Heartbreak didn’t look completely convinced, but with only three weeks to go – the race for him to make weight is on!

Rating: 42

GazzVedmore.jpg.dbe3528819d8dfd0cad5334d1b3c9464.jpgvs.jpg.c615cdae65734f785b9bbeffb17ebb81.jpgStuartWilson.jpg.981cdae86bc40385f81eb1aebb1212a8.jpgChuckFrisby.jpg.639fe0826eb85649c8c3cde28917c104.jpg

Gazz Vedmore VS “The Celtic Hammer” Stuart Wilson w/ Chuck Frisby

We go back live to find Chuck Frisby leading his star client, Stuart Wilson, to the ring, where Gazz Vedmore is already waiting – which is never a good sign. Vedmore is a muscular man in his own right, but the youngster couldn’t measure up to the size and power of his Heavyweight opponent. Chuck Frisby barked exercise instructions at random members of the audience, as he tried to sell subscriptions to his Frisby’s Foundation for Fitness course. Back in the ring, Stuart Wilson used his strength and size to overpower his young opponent. Vedmore had brief flashes of offence, but ultimately the youngster could do nothing to prevent the former Olympic bronze medalist from hitting his Bronze Bomber (Running Powerslam) to secure a routine victory.

Rating: 41

EdisonSilva.jpg.5ea3fa012fcb47c088c36a51d321b072.jpg MoAdebola.jpg.1552a83d788402db1b2be892d88fbd4d.jpg

Boos filled the building, as the NWF British Heavyweight Champion’s music played over the speakers. Edison Silva stepped out from the back, alongside his legal advisor Mo Adebola. Both men looked incredibly relaxed, as they sauntered down to the ring.

Mo Adebola: “I heard someone say last week that the title scene was getting ‘crowded’… but it would appear that Nate Manchester was biting off a little bit more than he could chew.”

The lawyer had to pause for a moment as he waited for the crowd to settle down.

Mo Adebola: “Not that any of us should be surprised. Nate Manchester has done nothing but overpromise and under deliver since he arrived in the NWF! All last week did was to further prove that my client, is the most talented, the most dominant and the most impressive man on this roster. And furthermore…”

The crowd roared as the music of Landon Mallory blared over the speakers, interrupting the legal representative of the NWF British Heavyweight Champion. “The Springbok” walked out to a great ovation, and showed no fear as he made his way down to the ring to join Edison Silva and Mo Adebola.

LandonMallory.jpg.c1b0c1bac87a5f969145f7c8967b5c77.jpg

Landon Mallory: “Sorry to interrupt, but I just heard you claim that your man is the most dominant man on this roster? Then why don’t you put him up against me?”

The crowd roared their approval as Mo Adebola glanced nervously back at his client.

Landon Mallory: “And in case you weren’t listening last week…”

Mo Adebola (cutting across the South African): “Oh I know all about you and you’re little ‘winning streak’ Mr Mallory. The ‘perfect ten’ you called it… but who have you beaten exactly? Because when I look at my client, I see wins against Nate Manchester… twice, I see a win against the Cruiserweight champion Welsh Dragon, and I see a win against a former 21st Century World Champion. Once you reach a certain level in life, you realise that quality is far more impressive than quantity.”

Landon Mallory: “You think I’ve had it easy? I beat Joey Beauchamp with broken ribs! I will face anyone, anytime, anywhere!”

AltonVicious.jpg.33cfc1d1b85bc6fb7b3f5e03924f7890.jpg FinkFinkleton.jpg.92dce317613ec5f0b1fa1c84ec9d948a.jpg RiddickJordan.jpg.aa5476f3af7d86c60e0a66305851803a.jpg

The Northern Lights music interrupted Mallory, and network executive Frank Finkleton walked out flanked by Alton Vicious and Riddick Jordan.

Frank Finkleton: “I couldn’t help but overhear Mr Mallory – You say you’ll face anyone, anytime, anyplace? Well let’s put that to the test, as in tonight’s Main Event you’ll be facing the “Unstoppable” Riddick Jordan!”

Riddick Jordan stepped forward and the Ripped Middleweight stared a hole through “The Springbok”. Mallory didn’t back down however, as Mo Adebola could be seen grinning behind the South African.

Rating: 55

Dangermouth.jpg.c9c28a7fd4feeb53fbdd3df266d8e19b.jpgvs.jpg.c615cdae65734f785b9bbeffb17ebb81.jpgLennyMochin.jpg.4f4e14d9125e596d17f3d16a67dffca9.jpg

Dangermouth VS “The Brewin’ Storm” Lenny Mochin

Despite it being only his second match in the NWF, Lenny Mochin was a far more experienced worker than his young opponent – with Dangermouth making his professional debut only five months ago. By contrast, Lenny Mochin was an 8 year pro with multiple championship reigns in CWW.

Considering this experience gap, it was perhaps no surprise that Mochin dictated the tempo of this match from the bell. Despite Dangermouth’s best efforts, the young grime star just couldn’t break free of Mochin’s precise holds and chain wrestling. Mochin retained control until around the eight minute mark, when “The Brewin’ Storm” looked to have things under control as he had his young opponent locked in a Full Nelson Hold. However, Mochin looked shocked as Dangermouth showcased his power by breaking the Full Nelson lock and delivering a hard elbow to the temple of his opponent. Able to pick up the pace for the first time in the match, Dangermouth delivered Flying Shoulder Tackle after Flying Shoulder Tackle before dropping Mochin with a Running Bulldog.

Feeding on the crowds energy, Dangermouth ducked under a wild right hand and pulled Mochin into a Flatliner (Reverse STO). Referee Roy Worrall made the count, securing the victory for the young grime star.

Rating: 46

Byron.jpg.e9e8a0693b1219f5a4053d91b2231845.jpg

We cut backstage to find a seething Byron watching Dangermouth’s celebrations, having clearly been watching the previous match on a monitor.

Byron (through gritted teeth): “These kids need to learn some respect.”

LeoPrice.jpg.41a8fc0b68ec1ea429ffe07b87d7bd98.jpg

Leo Price: “Or perhaps you need to earn it?”

Byron: “I’m a former ten-time World champion. They WILL respect me!”

Leo Price: “We’ve had our time at the top Byron. It was great, but it’s over. The world’s changing. The next generation are here. They’re bigger, they’re faster, they’re more powerful. They just need a guiding hand to set them on their path.”

Byron: “And that’s what you’re doing is it?”

Leo Price (smiling): “Something like that…”

Byron: “How… noble of you. But unlike you I’m not ready to draw my pension out just yet. Not until I’ve made these kids pay their dues…”

Rating: 51

LandonMallory.jpg.c1b0c1bac87a5f969145f7c8967b5c77.jpgvs.jpg.c615cdae65734f785b9bbeffb17ebb81.jpgRiddickJordan.jpg.aa5476f3af7d86c60e0a66305851803a.jpg

“The Springbok” Landon Mallory VS “Unstoppable” Riddick Jordan

Incredibly this was Riddick Jordan’s first singles match in the NWF, and what an introduction he made as these two put on the best match in the NWF’s short history! This started out as an out and out brawl, as the two Middleweights laid in to each other with hard elbows and heavy right hands. This style seemed to suit “The Springbok” down to the ground, as the South African began to take control of proceedings.

While Mallory may be marginally the better brawler, Riddick Jordan is a man who can do it all. Realising that Mallory was starting to build momentum, Jordan changed tact and began to focus on his technical wresting skills. First using a series of rest holds to break the momentum that Mallory had been building, before building up to a series of impactful suplexes that shook the ring.

Following a big Belly to Belly suplex, Riddick Jordan headed to the top rope and looked to land his Diving Headbutt – a high risk, high reward move that on this occasion proved high risk, as Landon Mallory was able to roll out of the way and send Riddick Jordan crashing head first into the canvas. Jordan staggered back to his feet, clearly still feeling the effects of the head first landing and didn’t see “The Springbok” charging in for his Springbok Ram (Gore)! The South African connected and collapsed into the cover, and referee Roy Worrall counted the three for Mallory’s 11th, and most impressive, victory.

Rating: 59

Jackie Goldstein: “What a match, and what a victory for “The Springbok”! If Mo Adebola thought that Mallory had things easy up until now, the South African has proved himself tonight!”

Melanie Florence: “Has Landon Mallory just secured himself a spot as the number one contender for Edison Silva’s NWF British Heavyweight Championship?”

Jackie Goldstein: “After a performance like that he must have!”

Melanie Florence: “I’m sure Mo Adebola will have something to say about it…”

Jackie Goldstein: “I’m sure he will, but that will have to wait until next week. Thank you for watching and good night!”

• Like 7

Great show with that unexpected (at least for me) best match in NWF history in the Main Event. I think if there were any doubts Landon Mallory is ready to defy Silva, the doubts are over. I think I've said before that I'd like Silva to retain when they meet for the first time, but it's just because I fear giving the belt to Mallory too early. Anyway, I think the NWF Heavyweight scene is finally becoming the center of attraction that I feel lost after Silva's first defence.

The hottest storyline for me is Bret's though. Chuck Frisby doing his things and a Cruiserweight Title Match on the horizon. Welsh Dragon is hot right now, he defeated Frisby, he faced Edison Silva, he teamed up with Red Dragon... I think Welsh Dragon has become one of your top guys.

Big Mac is a great addition and I can see him climbing in the ranks very quickly, maybe even faster than Landon Mallory. I think he is the perfect man to face Dangermouth and beat him.

The tag team division is working well and I see many viable challengers, but there's a match I'd like to see and that is Future X vs Frisby's Foundation For Fitness.

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2

Interesting role for Big Mac as the network's enforcer. Like @newbiezness, I was surprised you got your best match rating yet just on account of what you said previously about Landon Mallory's perception rising quite slowly, but it suggests you've timed his ascent to facing Edison Silva really well. I'm still really enjoying everything the Heartbreaks, Frisby and Dangermouth are up to. Is Joey Beauchamp still on the roster and just being rested or has The Breeze passed through NWF now?

• Like 2