SAVE_US.222 (minor spoilers)

Moe Hunter

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE]- Save_Us.222: I know for a fact I have been seeing signs on RAW that say "Save Us Jericho", maybe WWE picked up on this and ran with it - CHAMP_HARD: Jericho was a former WWE Hardcore Champion - SMACK_BROUGHT1: Jericho was on SmackDown and on his debut, he brought the "smack" to The Rock. Also, remember back when Jericho interviewed the #1 Draft Pick from SD!, John Cena. Jericho was also brought over from RAW to SmackDown. - CD_VOLUME4_1: This might be the most significant clue, as Jericho's theme Break The Walls Down was the first track on the 4th WWE Music CD - WM00_MATCH and WM_MATCH_TRI: Jericho wrestled Benoit and Angle in the Triple Threat Match at WM - LIVEWIRE: A song by Jericho's band, Fozzy, also an old show, WWE Livewire - TALENT_PRE: Obvious, Jericho was a former WWE talent - BAT_ASS_WEEK: A reference to Jericho on VH1's Best Week Ever? Or a clue at Jericho's obvious humor side - JVC_FIX: A former WWE sponsor - PROMO_99: Jericho's WWE debut came in 1999 and he cut that infamous promo on The Rock - 7_OCT: WWE's No Mercy PPV in October - RAW_DOUBLE_FIN and RAW_REV: A possible reference to the match against Triple H on RAW which Jericho had won, or so we thought, only to see Triple H void the title change. Also, Jericho and Chyna both won the WWE IC Title on a double pin. - KOR_Qualify13_60: Jericho qualified for the King of the Ring twice - r/shara/catman/a_man/cat1: A Lionheart reference, maybe - share/Insight/library/SGI_bookshelves: Possible reference to Jericho's book - RAW_REV_MAY2.action: Jericho defeated Benoit for the WWE IC Title on May 2, 2000 - BIG_SHOW: This is the only name that means anything that is in the promo, so WWE could have thrown it in there just to confuse the fans. Also, with the above mentioned CHAMP_HARD, Jericho defeated Big Show for the Hardcore title in 2001. - RAW_WAR_BUMPER: RAW is WAR was the catchphrase back when Y2J was around, and he often "bumped" the phrase around to say RAW is Jericho - DISP_CHAMP: A possible reference to Jericho's reign as WWE Undisputed Champion [/QUOTE] [url]http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1190753502&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1[/url]

Well, someone has registered "saveus222.com" But its obviously not an official site, I would presume anyway... Done a "Who Is?" on GoDaddy and got this [quote] Registrant: Christian Wattengard Ingeborg Ofstads vei 51 Tiller, ST 7091 Norway Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. ([url]http://www.godaddy.com[/url]) Domain Name: SAVEUS222.COM Created on: 25-Sep-07 Expires on: 25-Sep-08 Last Updated on: 25-Sep-07 Administrative Contact: Wattengard, Christian [email]cwattengard@gmail.com[/email] Ingeborg Ofstads vei 51 Tiller, ST 7091 Norway 40874762 Technical Contact: Wattengard, Christian [email]cwattengard@gmail.com[/email] Ingeborg Ofstads vei 51 Tiller, ST 7091 Norway 40874762 Domain servers in listed order: NS39.DOMAINCONTROL.COM NS40.DOMAINCONTROL.COM Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited[/quote] Anyone?

[QUOTE=Lucied;294783]I'm trying to figure out what Jericho has done to get the "marks and smarks" into believing that he's going to WWE.[/QUOTE] He doesn't need really to do anything, the timing of the WWE running a video with several hints and Jericho-ish music [I]the month before his autobiography is released[/I] is enough to get the hype going, probably more so than if they'd run a straight "he's coming back" video. Jericho is a smart guy, there's no way he won't be on WWE TV in some form in October and November to promote it, that sort of visibility will easily make the difference between his book doing quite well and doing "number one best seller" well.

I think this is all one big swerve. Over the following weeks there'll be a big egg by the ring, it'll finally hatch at Survivor Series and it'll be a man dressed up as a turkey.... nah, the WWE wouldn't ever do something so stupid would they? ;) [CENTER][IMG]http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/h/hectorguerrero/01.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

My friend who lives in Cleveland Ohio, reckons its either Christian Cage or Sid. I still believe fully its Jericho as he refuses to comment on this speculation much like back when he jumped from WCW. EVERY other time he comments on speculation, even just with a few words. This time ZERO!

[QUOTE=The Ego;294932]My friend who lives in Cleveland Ohio, reckons its either Christian Cage or Sid. I still believe fully its Jericho as he refuses to comment on this speculation much like back when he jumped from WCW. EVERY other time he comments on speculation, even just with a few words. This time ZERO![/QUOTE] Isn't Christian under contract with TNA? As for Sid, I also speculated it could be him. I definitely remember reading an article where he said he was working with Vince to return to the E and even said something about it being the "biggest thing ever" or something exaggerated like that. Sid would also be good for Cena if you think about it. Sid is taller than Cena, and they could therefore have Cena "overcome the odds" without much help from creative.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;294939] Sid would also be good for Cena if you think about it. Sid is taller than Cena, and they could therefore have Cena "overcome the odds" without much help from creative.[/QUOTE] The Great Khali on Line 1. He passes the phone to his translator so it can be pointed out this has been done.

[QUOTE=The Ego;294932]My friend who lives in Cleveland Ohio, reckons its either Christian Cage or Sid. I still believe fully its Jericho as he refuses to comment on this speculation much like back when he jumped from WCW. EVERY other time he comments on speculation, even just with a few words. This time ZERO![/QUOTE] I'm sorry, but both of those suggestions by your friend are moronic. Cage is still inder contract to TNA and who the hell would care about Sid? Bringing him back would be more worthless than Vader's return.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;294982]I'm sorry, but both of those suggestions by your friend are moronic. Cage is still inder contract to TNA and who the hell would care about Sid? Bringing him back would be more worthless than Vader's return.[/QUOTE] [email]twistedsteel@hotmail.com[/email] - you tell him its moronic. Sid more worthless than Vader, maybe. Buts its Vince's company, so perhaps he will do the hell what wants, and if thats Sid, so be it. For what its worth, it can only be Jericho, IMHO

[QUOTE=justtxyank;294885]1) All the signs point to Jericho. The rumor has been out there for awhile now. This makes me think it's unlikely to be him. Too obvious. But I hope it is him.[/QUOTE] Obvious to us, but probably alot less obvious to the majority of WWE fans. If I'm being honest, if I weren't a frequent internet visitor I wouldn't have thought about it being Jericho at all. I'm pretty sure that there's still a damn lot of people in the blue, I guess it's only 'too obvious' for those of us that have been analysing the video or reading about what other people have discovered from analysing the video.

why cant anyone accept the fact that its going to be Neo from the Matrix.. thats right Keanu Reeves himself is going into wrestling just like David Arquette.. but not quite as successful... I really think its Jericho though.. it cant be Sid even though he too is rumoured to come back the video doesnt fit him at all... Jericho is said to be returning soon.. about 2 weeks ago I read Jericho was planning on returning in October so the video saying 7OCT over and over would make sense as October 7th the date of No Mercy.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;295040]"- LIVEWIRE: A song by Jericho's band, Fozzy, also an old show, WWE Livewire" How sad is it that this article writer (and a bunch of people over on GFAQs) have never heard of Motley Crue? As for Neo - it could easily just be a repackaging of Paul London in that case :P[/QUOTE] YEAH!!!! Or it could be Bill and Ted (with both of them). You know, the whole time traveling thing, they will arrive via: Telephone Booth.

[QUOTE=Lucied;294783]I'm trying to figure out what Jericho has done to get the "marks and smarks" into believing that he's going to WWE. [/QUOTE] Uhm, the video??? If so many of you guys believe that its Jericho coming back, didn't that video kindof do the job. Its pretty much hooked, lined, and sinkered right now. And many wrestlers have stated they expressed interest in returning to the WWE. If anything, anyone could guess: RVD, Goldberg, Bret Hart, heck, even another version of Vince McMahon's illegitimate child for all I care. If you guys can come up with a thousand reasons why you think it's Jericho returning from 1 video and his latest interview, then you guys can really jump to a conclusion pretty dang quick.

[QUOTE=Travis;295074]Uhm, the video???[/QUOTE] Christ...what Lucied was *trying* to point out is that Jericho himself has had nothing to do with any of the hype. He didn't make the video. He hasn't made any comments. He personally has nothing to do with the hype. The WWE is creating the hype, not Chris himself. I'm wondering why you're being critical of a company creating hype as part of some returning or debuting wrestler or angle..isn't that a good thing? A smart move? Doesn't TNA do the exact same thing when they intro their characters? "This is just Jericho and the WWE getting the fans excited about him coming back....." OK..and :confused:

It's certainly been a while since I've looked forward to a RAW as much as the next one :) Has to be a new promo on there or updated version of current one. At the end of the day all we can say is this. The video has many links towards Jericho It has many other things so far unlinkable to him Absolutely everyone who likes wrestling is talking about this WWE have done exactly what they wanted, that is of course unless they had no idea it would causet his much furore. I really hope it is Jericho but there's as much possibility it isn't him as it is. Just my random ramblings having just got out of bed :)

I'm going to hold back from the hyperboles for now, thanks. If it's him, great, the WWE needs a bit of star power and the package Jericho offers; the charisma, the in ring ability, the merchandise power etc However, I'm not getting too excited. This could easily be a handy video with a few red herrings that drives the IWC wild and gets people interested in the product again. My guess is it's a returning superstar who is going to claim to be the saviour of the WWE. Someone like Edge returning wouldn't get fans and the IWC excited like this. BUt if he returns with a hype video that hints it's in fact Jericho that's returning and you're onto a winner. Would it be a let down? Sure, but for the E it would be worth it. I still think Jericho is going to turn up on WWE (probably Raw) programming fairly soon anyway. From an advertising point of view for his book it would be criminal not to.

Agreed. I want it to be Jericho, and there's a lot in there that seems to point to him - but there's a lot in there that people might be reading too much into. Someone pointed out that the SG1_book think might have related to a photo Jericho did where he was standing in front of some bookshelves with a Stargate DVD on them. I mean, stretching, much? On the other hand, Jericho is a noted prank puller, particularly when it comes to the 'net, so I wouldn't be surprised if he and WWE ran through a bunch of stuff that can be loosely linked to his career and then threw in some red herrings too. I expect to see something new pop up on next week's Raw - and a significant reveal at No Mercy, leading to the big unveiling at Cyber Sunday. If it is Y2J (pleasepleasepleaseplease) then I hope he's not going to come back covered in ring rust. It's all seemingly inspired by ROH's AotF promos, which is not a bad thing, as people can get pretty worked up by this kind of tease. Of course, Tazz had a similar 'invasive' hype/tease in the run-up to his debut, as well... In my WWE game right now, I have Colt Cabana and Chris Hero working an Internet Hero gimmick where they check match ratings, scout opponents and so on via the 'net - If I thought Cabana would be good for this kind of thing, why not WWE? And as for Christian, well, he's getting a big - and deserved - push in TNA, but if he signed a two-year deal when he joined, and hasn't renewed it (I don't know that for sure) then he could be running into the last few weeks of it right now. Still, it seems most likely to be Jericho - he's said a number of times that he expected to be back in wrestling (meaning WWE, most likely) sooner, rather than later, and therefore now seems as good a time as any.

From his websight (been there for a while). [QUOTE]If I’m going to be in the wrestling biz, it will be with the WWE. I’m a member of the WWE family for the rest of my life…just like the mafia…and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my company. So you won’t see me doing any shoot interviews either. Why would I? Vince and I have accomplished a lot of awesome things together and I have nothing but respect for him. He’s the best guy I’ve ever worked for, along with Paco Alonso in Mexico and Genchiro Tenryu in Japan. I also enjoyed working with Paul Heyman, who gave me my first break and Eric Bischoff, who gave me my first big money contract. Thanks to them for the opportunities.[/QUOTE] That's the reason I never thought he would go to TNA. If you go to his sight, and read this whole thing, he also states. [QUOTE]Whether I do achieve success outside of wrestling or I don’t, I can say one thing for sure…I’m not retiring from the wrestling business. Too many people over too many years have said that and have constantly returned. I’m not leaving the WWE for good, I’m not leaving wrestling for good. When I’m ready to come back I will. It may be one month, it may be one year, but when the time is right, I’ll know and I will return and be better than ever...I wouldn’t think of returning any other way.[/QUOTE] And if you look up the thing about Jericho where him and Cena were talking, if you pay attention, they ask him. Will you be going back to the WWE? He answer's saying, That's what we are talking about right now as a matter of fact. Just trying to get everything right. Cena is shaking his head yeah the whole time, confirming what Jericho was saying. I've also heard him and Cena has become pretty good friends over the years.

Archived