Greatest Entrance Themes of All Time

angeldelayette

Spanky's remix of 'My Heart Will Go On' from when he was in Japan. Actually sounded pretty good... Considering what song it was. I'm a bit of a mark for Triple H's 'King of Kings' music. And of course 'Also Sprach Zarathustra'.

[QUOTE=Prophet;462511]I always appreciated Mankind's debut theme. When he'd come to the ring with that twisted music, and after the match, the soft classic piano would play.[/QUOTE] Good call, I always marked hard for the piano bit at the end. Foley played that character so well. [QUOTE=Woodsmeister;462691]DX with RunDMc[/QUOTE] That was gonna be one of my pics too. Always loved it, it's one of only two wrestling songs I've got on my iPod (the other being Waterproof Blondes Christian theme just before he went to TNA). I was always a fan of 'Takers original music, and the one he used before he used the one with the Latin at the start. And I quite liked Edge's when it was Rob Zombie, for some reason I think it just worked for him.

[QUOTE=Nightshadeex;462593] Edit: Totally forgot about the Midnight Express[/QUOTE] I still love the Midnight Express coming in to that chill music, especially for those epic battles with the RnRE. I think it was actually from the Midnight Express movie soundtrack (which is a crazy movie!!). Road Warriors to Iron Man was SICKNESS back in the day.

Thinking about this a bit more and would like to hear others' thoughts... Music, like any other art form, is designed to engage at an emotional level. By linking a person with a theme, you build an emotional connection to the person through the theme. So to what extent does the music make the man, or the man make the music? I don't think there's necessarily a 'right' answer to the question, as it depends on a few things, I'm just interested in hearing some other opinions.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coo_lNCu0VA"]Rhino's WWE Theme[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bO5BAujCbk"]Rob...Van...Dam![/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKZIBYHsc8"]Celtc Music Rocks![/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee2Zi6Svq3E"]Much love for Shamrock![/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee2Zi6Svq3E"]Beat me if you can, Survive..if i let you![/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12uAh0lme38"]Such a classic![/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKn4FNwDVHg"]THis ones prett bad ass too![/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbg2nuk8Q0"]Best EVAR![/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttya1NEhJfA"]Another Classic...[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6THbfVg3Y"]Sadly, i like this one too... [/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADwAkWIdFxM"]Also good![/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPW_GMHtEA"]Christian.. CHRISTIAN!...[/URL] Ok that enough....

Mancini's "Exodus" for Mr. Perfect was the hotness. Sabu's theme from ECW. Call me a mark, but I like Cena's music too, I think it fits him perfectly and gets a loud (albeit mixed) reaction. And I never knew Lawler's theme was from Mussorgsky...did anyone ever use "Night on Bald Mountain"?

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;463558]Thinking about this a bit more and would like to hear others' thoughts... Music, like any other art form, is designed to engage at an emotional level. By linking a person with a theme, you build an emotional connection to the person through the theme. So to what extent does the music make the man, or the man make the music? I don't think there's necessarily a 'right' answer to the question, as it depends on a few things, I'm just interested in hearing some other opinions.[/QUOTE] I think that it's a combination of both, however I think that while a good theme won't necessarily make you, a bad theme will definitely break you. But to a certain extent, the music is part of the overall gimmick and the gimmick has to fit the man. I think one of the worst cases of music not fitting the gimmick is Sting's theme from his earlier days (the bleach-blonde Sting). The wimpy "Man Called Sting" music didn't match his intensity or appearance at all. Plus it sucked, even for the early 90s...although by WCW standards it was five-star material.

Ric Flair - one of the most classic Sting - Crow Version Hogan - Pretty much any he ever had NWO DX The Horsemen LOD HBK Austin The Rock Mankind - first WWF theme Vader - WWF Theme Christian - TNA Theme Monty Brown - TNA Theme Abyss Eddie Guerrero - WCW Heel Theme

I'm not a fan of Cena's music. It just doesn't have that really identifiable "Pop" moment. That sudden opening bit that makes you instantly know who is coming to the ring. People have gotten used to it, but the theme doesn't do it for me. I do seem to prefer the theme music of my favourite guys. I think I do attribrute the songs to the wrestlers, and the reaction I have to the music, is in part to do with the expectation of what's to come. The Classic Hardyz theme always gets me going, as does the "OH YEEEAAHH!" that begin's Matt's solo theme. I'm a Hardy Boys mark, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to properly rate those tunes (well... Jeff's new one sucks) Christian's "At last you're on your own" music was a favourite, partly because I liked Christian more than Edge, and liked how the music stressed that he was, indeed, on his own. Keeping his storyline alive through song. I think looking at the lists people have put up, there's a lot of favouritism shown towards their personal favourite wrestlers. With the exception of the decent beginning, I found Eddie Guerrero's theme droning. Would I have felt the same had I been a huge fan of the guy? Chris Benoit's is similar. It was certainly a good theme, nothing special, but had I ever been excited to see him, would I be putting it on [I]my[/I] list? Maybe. Of course, some themes transcend personal likes and dislikes. I didn't like The Mountie (feuded with Bret when I was a wee nipper) and I'm not a Shawn fan (again, Hitman mark) but there's no denying the awesomeness of their extremely gimmicky theme music. Or maybe it's just because every time I hear Shawn's music it reminds me that his gimmick used to be that of a Rent Boy. God I loved early 90's WWF. Before I forget, I also liked one of Raven's ECW themes. The one by The Offspring. Not a fan of the band, I just liked the track as ring music. Gimmicky start, followed by loud rocking. P.S. Benoit's theme was best when sung by Edge "[I]ChrisBenoitIsHere-AndHe'sReallyMad.... ChrisBenoitIsHere-AndHe'sReallyAngry[/I]!" Long live the Kazoo.

[QUOTE]Before I forget, I also liked one of Raven's ECW themes. The one by The Offspring. Not a fan of the band, I just liked the track as ring music. Gimmicky start, followed by loud rocking.[/QUOTE] That was "Come Out and Play" if I'm not mistaken. I also have a soft spot for "Enter Sandman", especially after the first One Night Stand. Something about an entire arena singing along to really suck you into a moment. Shame the dvd doesn't carry that over.

[QUOTE=Self;463610]I'm not a fan of Cena's music. It just doesn't have that really identifiable "Pop" moment. That sudden opening bit that makes you instantly know who is coming to the ring. [/QUOTE] What? That initial music that sets up the song is the "Pop" moment and it gets the pop every time. It's just as distinct (moreso imo) than Flair's REAL music (not the silly "WOOOOO" before it starts)

[QUOTE=justtxyank;463637]What? That initial music that sets up the song is the "Pop" moment and it gets the pop every time. It's just as distinct (moreso imo) than Flair's REAL music (not the silly "WOOOOO" before it starts)[/QUOTE] Cena's music on Smackdown was his only good music. Really shoulda used it at RR. Trips in the ring, just dominating everyone. Number 30 ticks down, and all you hear is "So, you think you're untouchable?" Woulda been sweet.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;463637]What? That initial music that sets up the song is the "Pop" moment and it gets the pop every time. It's just as distinct (moreso imo) than Flair's REAL music (not the silly "WOOOOO" before it starts)[/QUOTE] It gets a pop, but.... I dunno I just like it when a song starts with a burst of sound, whereas Cena's begins in a very low register, that I have to strain to hear. I always take a few moments to remember who it is. Personal thing I guess. The crowd seems to get it, but then I figure they watch RAW more than I do. Me, I like to instantly know who's on his way. I hear "[I]If you SMEEEEEEEEELLL[/I]" or "[I]OH OH SHAWN!![/I]!" or "[I]You think you know me?[/I]" and I'm instantly there. I like the 'Wooo' but that particular tune is recognisable enough without it.

[quote=The Shape]I absolutely loved the different one he had as a heel when feuding with Hogan/Austin/Goldberg...the panoramic city view as the music slowly built up then he just whispered "...is cookin'" :cool:[/quote] [quote=G-Prime]And of course 'Also Sprach Zarathustra'.[/quote] [quote=Self]Christian's "At last you're on your own" music was a favourite, partly because I liked Christian more than Edge, and liked how the music stressed that he was, indeed, on his own. Keeping his storyline alive through song.[/quote] These. I also liked the themes for Chris Benoit, The Radicalz and the Corporate Ministry. Jericho's "Break Down The Walls" entrance is a classic, but I think it's more to do with the entrance than the song itself.

Sting's WCW theme - with the child speaking, while he was in the crow like trance with vultures etc... you know, 'This is Sting' Ric Flair - awesome Randy Savage - Pomp and Circumstance Hollywood Hogan - not necessarily for the context, but fair dinkum Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child is freakin awesome Chris Jericho in WCW - I know it's a modified version obviously but Evenflow by Pearl Jam was awesome, again not necessarily for the context but it was just great Perry Saturn in WCW - the siren Big Poppa Pump in WCW - same thing, but with a bit of a beat and him coming down intense as hell Goldberg - the storm trooper music, the whole thing from head butting the locker room door to power thrusting through the pyros DDP - Obviously it's doctored, but Smells Like Teen Spirit is by well a freakin awesome group I quike like the one Edge is using now, and of course "You think you know me, you will never know.." I liked Christian's in the WWF Undertaker's sends a chill down the spine Tazz's in the WWF, don't know if it was the same as in the ECW Eddie Guerrero - the slow beat Mexican music he had in WCW, and there he would strut down slow and arrogant to it Rey Mysterio's in WCW - fast paced Mexican style music, matching him DISCO FEVER! DISCO FEVER! DISCO FEVER! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! DISCO FEVER! DISCO FEVER! DISCO FEVER! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! He's so foxy, he's so cool, he's just a disco dancing fool (Disco Inferno FTW)

[QUOTE=Self;463610] Christian's "At last you're on your own" music was a favourite, partly because I liked Christian more than Edge, and liked how the music stressed that he was, indeed, on his own. Keeping his storyline alive through song.[/QUOTE] Quoted for the truth.

Already saw em on here, but I'll go ahead and list mine from the WWF/E Million Dollar Man Ken Shamrock The Godfather John Cena's "Untouchable" one Kane's Attitude Era theme. And personally, I absolutely HATE HATE HATE [SIZE="6"][B]HATE[/B][/SIZE] his Screamo/Emo bull**** theme. Nothing is less intimidating than a guy with a high pitched voice screaming in a tone that leads me to believe he might burst into tears at any given moment. You know what WAS intimidating? His old music! C'mon, that slow, minor-key organ at the start and the synthed chorus in the background? It gave him such a creepy aura coming to the ring. His current music just makes people want to cut themselves.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;463843]Kane's Attitude Era theme. And personally, I absolutely HATE HATE HATE [SIZE="6"][B]HATE[/B][/SIZE] his Screamo/Emo bull**** theme. Nothing is less intimidating than a guy with a high pitched voice screaming in a tone that leads me to believe he might burst into tears at any given moment. You know what WAS intimidating? His old music! C'mon, that slow, minor-key organ at the start and the synthed chorus in the background? It gave him such a creepy aura coming to the ring. His current music just makes people want to cut themselves.[/QUOTE] As a Finger Eleven fan, you are my mortal enemy. And besides, if you listen to the full song, the intro is Kane's old theme song. And the song is definately not "EMO", it's very much alt rock, unless you think bands like Breaking Benjamin, Trapt, Alter Bridge, or Our Lady Peace (bands often considered to be in the same genre) are EMO, complete with straight legged pants, eye-liner, and choppy multi-colored hair. ...that being said, I think the best theme songs include: Bryan Danielson - Europe's "The Final Countdown" Edge - Alter Bridge "Metalingus" Undertaker - Graveyard Symphony Chris Benoit - Our Lady Peace "Whatever" CM Punk - AFI "Miseria Cantare (The Beginning)" And, the best one ever, if only for a wrestler performing his own theme song... Chuck Taylor - Journey's "Faithfully" [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8YJ8UX1WA[/url]

[QUOTE=blackphoenix;463960]He's HOT! heeee's SPICY! He tastes GREAT![/QUOTE] How did I forget? One of the best entrances ever. As for TNA tunes, I'm also digging James Storm's and BG James' (only the beginning though) The Motor City Machine Guns' is also growing on me, and... did they change LAX's music? I used to like it, but it seems weak and "who cares?" now. Bad move if they did.

Archived