new ECW title? hideous.....

Franchise22

i watched a good portion of ecw last night and to my surprise there is a new ECW title belt.....YIKES! they have officially distance themselves from any connection to the original, as the "extreme" design is gone. i cant find a pic but its a HUGE silver title. reminds me of the PRIDE FC belts. while on topic, the new divas title is yuck, and i have always hated the "bling" wwe title. i love the WORLD title, the attitude era wwe title and winged eagle wwe title. these new ones are trash :( whats up with these newer designs?

Guest Ransik
Looks ridiculously amateurish. If you're going to call your brand ECW... don't put "World Wrestling Entertainment" across the top of the center plate and ECW on the bottom... Oy... must be Reggie Parks is on vacation or something.

Looks fine. Not sure why they changed it (needed one with a bigger strap to fit Mark Henry?) but looks perfectly fine to me. It looks the exact opposite of the Diva's title, being one colour, normal shape... I'm starting to think you people just really hate change. ;)

Yes, it's big and silver. God forbid it looks different from the other titles. I think it's fine, and I like how it's more "3D" with the ECW engraved to stand out from the title. I can only hope Mark Henry pulls a Rick James someday and punches the belt into someone's head to leave a "W)3" print. "Unity!"

[quote=Self;466503]Looks fine. Not sure why they changed it (needed one with a bigger strap to fit Mark Henry?) but looks perfectly fine to me. It looks the exact opposite of the Diva's title, being one colour, normal shape... I'm starting to think you people just really hate change. ;)[/quote] I noticed the extra long strap too -- I don't think the old ECW belt would fit around Henry. Could be a tipoff as to how they figure to use the title for bigger guys they want to push. I still remember when Bobby Heenan revealed the custom WWF title they had made for Andre -- it was cool then from a kayfabe perspective even if the belt itself wasn't quite as nice as the winged eagle (still my favorite belt of all time), and neat looking back that they would sink 2-3 grand into making a title that would never get used. EDIT: I actually like the look of this new ECW belt too -- better than the Diva's title, though that one has grown on me a little. I think part of the reaction is revolving around the E finally dropping all pretenses about retaining any semblance of the 'original' ECW.

I like it. Nice design, good to see something other than Gold for a change (although if you go by Olympic standards that puts it as being a lower belt than the others... which we knew was the case anyway). We've also all known it's WWE: ECW for a long time, and that ECW died the night Paul Heyman left, if not the day it went under in the first place. I honestly don't see a probelm. I like the look of it better than the old one, even.

Guest Ransik
[QUOTE=Franchise22;466809]to me it looks like a big toy belt.:confused:[/QUOTE] That was my first thought... anyone remember those styrofoam WWF belts from around 1996 that looked NOTHING like the actual belts? Reminds me of that... found this to compare for giggles; [url]http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=5968&category=74[/url]

[QUOTE=Ransik;466827]That was my first thought... anyone remember those styrofoam WWF belts from around 1996 that looked NOTHING like the actual belts? Reminds me of that... found this to compare for giggles; [url]http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=5968&category=74[/url][/QUOTE] Ransik. Dude. You MUST buy a few of these and work them into an angle in which you bill yourself as holding, like, eight titles at once.

[QUOTE=Ransik;466827]That was my first thought... anyone remember those styrofoam WWF belts from around 1996 that looked NOTHING like the actual belts? Reminds me of that... found this to compare for giggles; [url]http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=5968&category=74[/url][/QUOTE] yes! thats a perfect description! i remember those things lol

Archived