The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I hated the Ultimate Warrior. I thought he sucked. But you give evidence for, not against, my argument.

No, I give evidence against your argument. Warrior drew absolutely nothing. I could also churn out a very well known name in Kevin Nash, who in the WWF was built up pretty damn well, and drew even less than Warrior.

The ONLY thing that irks me about this is how sheamus came about, being trips' favorite partner. not that it bothers me personally, but people are gonna talk about this...

The minute that I read that both he and Drew McIntyre won major titles (well the IC is no longer major but you know what I mean) that was the first thing that came to my mind. From what I read, Sheamus is a workout buddy of HHH and Drew is HHH's personal project. So I was not shocked by the fact that either man won a title.

And did DX really have the main event tonight? I did not see the show, but in the recap that I read they had that match as the last one. If that was the case, I have to give a big ? to that. I mean just because HHH is going for the tag team title means that match should be the main event or two world title matches? Since when has the WWF treated their tag team titles as a main event belt (not since the 70's)? Now maybe I am clouded by my hate of HHH and HBK but the tag team title match should never be the Main Event over two world title matches. This isn't ROH after all, were the tag team titles actually mean something.

Sorry about the rant.

Meh. Sheamus is getting very little heatr from the live crowds. Yes, it's a shocking moment, but I really doubt it's going anywhere.

I'm positive however it will not lead to the "downfall of the WWE."

Wait, you said you only watch the first 10 minutes of Raw because it is repetitive and awful. Now you know the kind of reaction he gets?!??!?!?!?? I don't watch TNA, but i don't say AJ Styles gets little heat. Plus i have watch the last month, he got reaction. I guess you need to clean ears to find out.

But we can all talk like we know more than the WWE. This is the same company that has been around for 25+ years. The same company that took Hulk Hogan and made him into a wrestling legend. The same company that took The Rock and made him a mainstream superstar. The same company that took Brock and made him into a MMA superstar (well not really but he got his name known where?). Where did their stardom start? WWE. We act like "yeah, they did this then, look at now." But the same guy running the show is the same guy who ran it before. They are soo boring yet they make money. WCW didn't make money..the merger of AOL-Time Warner and their canceling of WCW proved that.

But what do y'all know...it's easy to stand here and say this and that...but history shown...it begins where? You wouldn't be talking about Ken Anderson if it wasn't for the WWE recognizing his ability.

This is amazing. A guy wins the belt and the same rhetoric comes back.

The minute that I read that both he and Drew McIntyre won major titles (well the IC is no longer major but you know what I mean) that was the first thing that came to my mind. From what I read, Sheamus is a workout buddy of HHH and Drew is HHH's personal project. So I was not shocked by the fact that either man won a title.

And did DX really have the main event tonight? I did not see the show, but in the recap that I read they had that match as the last one. If that was the case, I have to give a big ? to that. I mean just because HHH is going for the tag team title means that match should be the main event or two world title matches? Since when has the WWF treated their tag team titles as a main event belt (not since the 70's)? Now maybe I am clouded by my hate of HHH and HBK but the tag team title match should never be the Main Event over two world title matches. This isn't ROH after all, were the tag team titles actually mean something.

Sorry about the rant.

It is understandable why DX vs Jerishow would be the Main Event.

I mean you have a Chairs match with Undertaker and Batista which I doubt would be too exciting.

Then you have Cena vs Sheamus a not so over worker.

Then you have a TLC match with 4 of your biggest stars that should be exciting.

So you have Star power on both sides and a match that should be exciting, which I would say makes the ideal Main Event.

Wait, you said you only watch the first 10 minutes of Raw because it is repetitive and awful. Now you know the kind of reaction he gets?!??!?!?!?? I don't watch TNA, but i don't say AJ Styles gets little heat. Plus i have watch the last month, he got reaction. I guess you need to clean ears to find out.

But we can all talk like we know more than the WWE. This is the same company that has been around for 25+ years. The same company that took Hulk Hogan and made him into a wrestling legend. The same company that took The Rock and made him a mainstream superstar. The same company that took Brock and made him into a MMA superstar (well not really but he got his name known where?). Where did their stardom start? WWE. We act like "yeah, they did this then, look at now." But the same guy running the show is the same guy who ran it before. They are soo boring yet they make money. WCW didn't make money..the merger of AOL-Time Warner and their canceling of WCW proved that.

But what do y'all know...it's easy to stand here and say this and that...but history shown...it begins where? You wouldn't be talking about Ken Anderson if it wasn't for the WWE recognizing his ability.

This is amazing. A guy wins the belt and the same rhetoric comes back.

That's not completely true. WCW had some very, very profitable years. Whilst its true to say as a stand alone entity it was a cash cow at the end, its also important to note that despite ratings being low the advert slots were very lucrative. The main reason WCW is no longer here is not to do with ratings or individual profitability, its to do with the fact that certain executives in the new merger did not want a professional wrestling product in their schedule. They wanted to take the networks away from the young male demographic and this precluded WCW's existence. Once WCW was without a network it was shot. All the merger really proved was that WCW did not fit into a new strategic direction for the merged entity.

I've seen a little of Sheamus, and I don't buy him. He has the look that appeals to me to be decent mid to upper-midcarder, but... he just doesn't strike me as having 'it'. I know he's obviously had a strong push to try and sell it, but its sorta like Christopher Daniels to me. Daniels is great at putting guys over, but he just doesn't have that extra 1% to be the go-to man. I will however applaud the WWE though for trying to create new champions, overall I think their booking of Sheamus and Drew McIntyre has been very good.

I didn't see the PPV, how did a pure TLC PPV go? For me, TLC is a specialty, its something that you book 'all out' and 'overbook' and you need special dynamics to pull it off. I am not sure how a complete TLC card would go, so I'm interested to hear how it did go. Or was it matches that were ladders, chairs, or tables, or TLC.. in other words not all TLC matches?

The same company that took Hulk Hogan and made him into a wrestling legend. The same company that took The Rock and made him a mainstream superstar. The same company that took Brock and made him into a MMA superstar (well not really but he got his name known where?). Where did their stardom start? WWE.

Well to be fair Hulk Hogan was already a star before he came back to the WWF. Yes he was not the megastar that he became but he was already a star in the wrestling world due to his work in Japan and the AWA.

And who made who in regards to Vince and Hogan? I have always thought about that myself? Did the WWF become the powerhouse it is today because of Vince? Or did it become the powerhouse it is today because of Hulk? Or was it both of them who made the company big?

I would say there could be an argument for each case, but I had to say one out of the three, it would be the last one.

It is understandable why DX vs Jerishow would be the Main Event.

I mean you have a Chairs match with Undertaker and Batista which I doubt would be too exciting.

Then you have Cena vs Sheamus a not so over worker.

Then you have a TLC match with 4 of your biggest stars that should be exciting.

So you have Star power on both sides and a match that should be exciting, which I would say makes the ideal Main Event.

Yeah once you break it down like that masterded it makes sense that they would have that match in the main event. Just chalk my rant up to my intense dislike of HHH and HBK.

Sorry about the rant.

Kind of like the other poster said...you had table match, ladder match, chair match, and then the big finale. Also it was Shawn Michaels hometown of San Antonio so I think that plays into it sometimes.

Interesting choice to put the belt on Sheamus. I'm happy in a basic sense, as I am among the many fans who have complained about the WWE main event scene being relatively stale. Sheamus was elevated awfully quick and I am skeptical of him being able to produce at the top level. But I will certainly give it a chance and not decide I hate it before it has a chance to really play out.

Interesting choice to put the belt on Sheamus. I'm happy in a basic sense, as I am among the many fans who have complained about the WWE main event scene being relatively stale. Sheamus was elevated awfully quick and I am skeptical of him being able to produce at the top level. But I will certainly give it a chance and not decide I hate it before it has a chance to really play out.

Yeah I agree 100% about being skeptical in regards to Sheamus. Who knows he might have a Tommy Rich/Ivan Koloff run with the belt where he holds if for a week or so and then gives it back to Cena. This might just be a test run to see if the fans will buy Sheamus as a World Champion. I think at most he will hold the title until the Royal Rumble and then Cena will win it back at that event.

Sometimes I think no matter what the "E" does people will complain. People hated HHH as world champion he's spent the better part of the last few years hanging out in DX land far far away from the title cept for a Randy Orton feud.

People complained that WWE was pushing too many body builders and not enough real wrestlers. Well now they have CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Bryan Danielson, they tried to bring in Nigel.

People complained that the attitude era was over and they should find something new. They start pushing Morrison, Hardy, Punk, Legacy, now the Celtic Warrior. People still complain.

People complain about the tag titles being meaningless in this decade. They put the titles on Jericho and Show and push them to the moon being the only champions that are seen on both shows and constantly involved in main event feuds for said title. Now people complain that these same titles and people are main eventing pay per views.

If I was Vince or anyone else looking at these boards trying to give these people what they want I'd tear my hair out. Seriously they want new stars but not THOSE new stars, they want titles to be important but not main eventing, they want a new direction but they don't want THAT direction.

I have accepted the fact that I will likely never be a big wrestling fan again. Part of it is I was never a big WWE fan anyway. RAW built its success on being unpredictable. Anything and anyone can show up. Well thats not the case any longer. Their the only dog in town, their a publically traded company, the economy is in the toilet. Times have changed and so has our favorite past time.

I know exactly why I don't like the show. Every show seems the same, every star seems to be the same build, the same height and almost void of any personal characteristics. There is little time four shows sometimes three to build between pay per views and stories. Those are the reasons I no longer watch and I'm ok with that.

It seems to be others manufacture reasons for themselves why they don't watch wrestling. Its hard to just say "wrestling isn't what it used to be and thats why I don't watch". Its hard to look to the past and realize something will never be like that again or if it is its a long ways off. Its much easier to say "I'd watch again if they did this or that". Problem is they try doing this or that and people just flip their opinion. I bet if we look in this very thread we would see people having counter opinions against themselves when it comes to the product. People saying "I want them to create new stars" or "I want the titles to mean something". Then the minute Vince and his band of merry yes men try this people instantly flip on it and say "WHAT ARE THEY DOING".

I think since 2003 I've heard people complaining about the state of the wrestling industry and what it was lacking and why. Yet if you look at Vince's numbers their always right around the same area. Which means that after six years the same people that were fed up with the presentation back them are mostly still watching today. Its been said countless times. Vince is driven by two things television ratings and pay per view buys. You don't like the product then I suggest people start talking with their remotes. Everyone here claims to not watch and then goes into detail about feuds and crowd responses. So either their making these things up in their head (highly unlikely since there accurate assessments ) or their lying to themselves and everyone else.

I barely watch but from what I have watched and from what I've heard on here if I look at this pay per view I see young stars being pushed, old stars putting over new stars, tag team titles main eventing, and championships in general being at the forefront of a main event feud. Yet I come on here and people are proclaiming the horrible mistakes of Vince. Its funny they say most wrestling fans are men yet with the complaining and constant mind changing I'd be inclined to think those statistics were reversed. I kid.....I kid

Sometimes I think no matter what the "E" does people will complain. People hated HHH as world champion he's spent the better part of the last few years hanging out in DX land far far away from the title cept for a Randy Orton feud.

People complained that WWE was pushing too many body builders and not enough real wrestlers. Well now they have CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Bryan Danielson, they tried to bring in Nigel.

People complained that the attitude era was over and they should find something new. They start pushing Morrison, Hardy, Punk, Legacy, now the Celtic Warrior. People still complain.

People complain about the tag titles being meaningless in this decade. They put the titles on Jericho and Show and push them to the moon being the only champions that are seen on both shows and constantly involved in main event feuds for said title. Now people complain that these same titles and people are main eventing pay per views.

If I was Vince or anyone else looking at these boards trying to give these people what they want I'd tear my hair out. Seriously they want new stars but not THOSE new stars, they want titles to be important but not main eventing, they want a new direction but they don't want THAT direction.

I have accepted the fact that I will likely never be a big wrestling fan again. Part of it is I was never a big WWE fan anyway. RAW built its success on being unpredictable. Anything and anyone can show up. Well thats not the case any longer. Their the only dog in town, their a publically traded company, the economy is in the toilet. Times have changed and so has our favorite past time.

I know exactly why I don't like the show. Every show seems the same, every star seems to be the same build, the same height and almost void of any personal characteristics. There is little time four shows sometimes three to build between pay per views and stories. Those are the reasons I no longer watch and I'm ok with that.

It seems to be others manufacture reasons for themselves why they don't watch wrestling. Its hard to just say "wrestling isn't what it used to be and thats why I don't watch". Its hard to look to the past and realize something will never be like that again or if it is its a long ways off. Its much easier to say "I'd watch again if they did this or that". Problem is they try doing this or that and people just flip their opinion. I bet if we look in this very thread we would see people having counter opinions against themselves when it comes to the product. People saying "I want them to create new stars" or "I want the titles to mean something". Then the minute Vince and his band of merry yes men try this people instantly flip on it and say "WHAT ARE THEY DOING".

I think since 2003 I've heard people complaining about the state of the wrestling industry and what it was lacking and why. Yet if you look at Vince's numbers their always right around the same area. Which means that after six years the same people that were fed up with the presentation back them are mostly still watching today. Its been said countless times. Vince is driven by two things television ratings and pay per view buys. You don't like the product then I suggest people start talking with their remotes. Everyone here claims to not watch and then goes into detail about feuds and crowd responses. So either their making these things up in their head (highly unlikely since there accurate assessments ) or their lying to themselves and everyone else.

I barely watch but from what I have watched and from what I've heard on here if I look at this pay per view I see young stars being pushed, old stars putting over new stars, tag team titles main eventing, and championships in general being at the forefront of a main event feud. Yet I come on here and people are proclaiming the horrible mistakes of Vince. Its funny they say most wrestling fans are men yet with the complaining and constant mind changing I'd be inclined to think those statistics were reversed. I kid.....I kid

I think primarily it is too cool to "hate WWE" so the majority of people rip the **** out of them regardless of what they do. The same people primarily say how great TNA is when it generally is a laughing stock. I admit in the past month TNA finally has started to produce some good TV for the first time since Impact in my opinion. Maybe all the closet WWE fans who think it is cool to rip WWE should quit watching it, quit reading it, and quit following it. And not like the most people on here who "don't follow WWE", I mean genuinely quit. Don't just come on these forums, and other forums and tell people I don't keep up with WWE anymore because of blah blah blah. Then when someone brings up something that happened in WWE you are the first to make a comment about it. If you are an unsatisfied customer then just leave it be. It will make your life more enjoyable trust me. Either that or try something new for a change...quit bitching like a woman every 28 days or so :cool:

Yeah Stennick I admit that I am guilty of pretty much everything that you just said. However, the new stars being pushed are being pushed because they are friends of HHH. It has nothing to do with their talent (and I am not saying they are not talented), it is because they are friends with HHH. The same thing that WWF fans have always ragged on Hogan about is happening with HHH. If your his friend you will be pushed to the moon, no matter how much the fans like or dislike you.

As far as the tag team titles go, I just do not want Main Event guys holding those titles. They should use those titles to build up some of the younger guys. Do DX or Chris and The Big Slow really need those titles? The four of them have been over for a long time.

One more thing, I don't hate the WWF because it is the in thing to do. I don't even really hate the promotion at all, I just find it to be boring. Maybe because I have finally outgrown it or maybe because I have always felt that the product that Vince puts out is condescending (and this is going back to the early 1990's).

BHK I know what you mean and I'm not saying Vince's plan is perfect or even good. Its just I see people complaining about wanting new things, fresh things and important main events and titles that mean something. This show pretty well on paper delivers those things and their not even getting a "well this is a good starting point lets see where this goes". Their getting "OMG THIS WAZ HORRIBLE" or whatever else their getting.

Yeah Stennick I admit that I am guilty of pretty much everything that you just said. However, the new stars being pushed are being pushed because they are friends of HHH. It has nothing to do with their talent (and I am not saying they are not talented), it is because they are friends with HHH. The same thing that WWF fans have always ragged on Hogan about is happening with HHH. If your his friend you will be pushed to the moon, no matter how much the fans like or dislike you.

As far as the tag team titles go, I just do not want Main Event guys holding those titles. They should use those titles to build up some of the younger guys. Do DX or Chris and The Big Slow really need those titles? The four of them have been over for a long time.

Do you not see the new purpose of the tag titles? They give WWE a "way" of getting around the Brand Split. So get used to the fact that main eventers are holding the tag titles because it gives WWE a way to move guys around with out having to make up stupid storylines to justify it with people that are never going to be happy with anything anyway.

Also how do you know that he is getting the push just because he is friends with HHH? Are you backstage? Do you see them playing twister together? Hop scotch maybe? Just because some dickhead reporter says that they are friends doesn't mean they are like "best friends forever" type ****. What about Umaga? He got a mega push...you know what? Well other then him being a good talented big man he was also tight with HHH. Atleast that is what all the internet reports were saying that is why he turned down Hogan's offer to come to TNA. No one said **** about it years ago when he was going undefeated...because some internet reporter didn't report it.

Just don't believe everything you read is all i am saying. HHH thinks high of the guy, likes his work ethic, likes his talent...he puts ina good word for him now they are exchanging half heart necklaces :rolleyes:

BHK I know what you mean and I'm not saying Vince's plan is perfect or even good. Its just I see people complaining about wanting new things, fresh things and important main events and titles that mean something. This show pretty well on paper delivers those things and their not even getting a "well this is a good starting point lets see where this goes". Their getting "OMG THIS WAZ HORRIBLE" or whatever else their getting.

I think that it is a good starting point and maybe we will finally see some of the old guard step down.

The minute WCW closed down and Vince saw his "dream" of destroying every major North American promotion become a reality, was kind of when my interest in wrestling started to go down. Yes I watch TNA on a weekly basis and the quality of their show is no better but for some reason I enjoy TNA better.

Do you not see the new purpose of the tag titles? They give WWE a "way" of getting around the Brand Split. So get used to the fact that main eventers are holding the tag titles because it gives WWE a way to move guys around with out having to make up stupid storylines to justify it with people that are never going to be happy with anything anyway.

Also how do you know that he is getting the push just because he is friends with HHH? Are you backstage? Do you see them playing twister together? Hop scotch maybe? Just because some dickhead reporter says that they are friends doesn't mean they are like "best friends forever" type ****. What about Umaga? He got a mega push...you know what? Well other then him being a good talented big man he was also tight with HHH. Atleast that is what all the internet reports were saying that is why he turned down Hogan's offer to come to TNA. No one said **** about it years ago when he was going undefeated...because some internet reporter didn't report it.

Just don't believe everything you read is all i am saying. HHH thinks high of the guy, likes his work ethic, likes his talent...he puts ina good word for him now they are exchanging half heart necklaces :rolleyes:

You are right I do not know if it is true or not. However, I tend to believe it is so. Wrestling history is riddled with people in power pushing their friends. Dusty did it, Hogan did it, Vince has done it, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that it is not happening now. I could throw the same question your way as well, do you work backstage? Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not happening?

Come on Sab you know that if its reported on a wrestling website...which might I point out that all wrestling news reported to us is automatically second hand information. The Observer relies on guys mostly wrestlers themselves reporting ****. I don't know about you but this isn't CNN with respectable sources its boys in the locker room bent outta shape because their push just became someone elses. Its not because their not talented, its because their not friends with the evil HHH. I never heard two words about HHH and Sheamus when he was in developmental now that he's been on the big boys roster what two or three months their bff's? Whats funny is people bitch about WWE's storylines being unbelievable but I never hear anyone bitching about how these backstage stories aren't believable. I think CNN catches more skepticism than Dave does.

Bah. I meant to watch TLC last night, but I forgot about it and had an early night instead. Seems I missed some important stuff.

- Morrison losing the IC title bums me out, but I'm hoping it's leading to bigger & better things for JoMo. The Smackdown title picture is incredibly stale (funny how fast that happened, Mr. Taker) so needs a fresh new babyface in there.

- No one expected Sheamus to win, and that's probably why they did it. I like it. He'll probably lose at No Way Out or the Rumble, but sometimes you've got to try something different. Not a Sheamus fan, but rock on.

- The Kingston/Orton thing cooled as soon as they had them fight on RAW in a regular match with no build and a f-finish. It's a damned shame. Orton winning clean boots Kofi down to midcard.

- I didn't expect DX to win the tag titles. I thought JeriShow would hold the belts until Edge came back, prompting the E&C reunion to take them on. I love how the Tag Titles are main event titles though. It gets guys like Shawn, Trips & Big Show out of the World Title pictures, leaving room for new blood like Sheamus to be seen as a legit Main Eventer. I really didn't think Shawn would be on Smackdown though. I thought Tuesdays was his day of worship or something.

I think that it is a good starting point and maybe we will finally see some of the old guard step down.

The minute WCW closed down and Vince saw his "dream" of destroying every major North American promotion become a reality, was kind of when my interest in wrestling started to go down. Yes I watch TNA on a weekly basis and the quality of their show is no better but for some reason I enjoy TNA better.

You are right I do not know if it is true or not. However, I tend to believe it is so. Wrestling history is riddled with people in power pushing their friends. Dusty did it, Hogan did it, Vince has done it, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that it is not happening now. I could throw the same question your way as well, do you work backstage? Do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not happening?

This is true...friends of people higher up get the good spots on the card. Ed Leslie has made a career of this. But you're telling me the only reason this guy is World Champion is the fact that him and HHH hold hands and skip down the sidewalk? If that was true X-Pac would of been world champ at some point in time. Let's face it...Sheamus or however you spell the damn name came along at the right time and got lucky. He has an interesting look, and is talented at a time they are trying to establish new stars. He is pals with HHH so he gets the nod above guys like Swagger and Miz. Its a combination of many things...not just the fact that him and HHH stretch each other's hammy's before matches

Well like I have said in the past maybe it is because I always have and always will hate HHH (hell I didn't even like him when he was a jobber on WCW Saturday Night) that my judgement is clouded.:D

Maybe Vince sees something in Sheamus and that and that alone is the reason for Shamus' god push. I agree with you his interesting look probably had a lot to do with it. And I am a terrible judge of in ring talent, unless someone sucks I can not tell if they are good or not, so I could not comment on his in-ring talent.

Sheamus might not be everyone's idea of a new champ, but surely now is the perfect time to try it out? At best he keeps it to The Royal Rumble, because that doesn't normally sell on the title matches, it sells on the Rumble. Even if Sheamus doesn't sell PPV's, they've got two other potential sells (Smackdown Title (I have no idea if it's the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship) and Tag Title) for No Way Out.

Sheamus might not be everyone's idea of a new champ, but surely now is the perfect time to try it out? At best he keeps it to The Royal Rumble, because that doesn't normally sell on the title matches, it sells on the Rumble. Even if Sheamus doesn't sell PPV's, they've got two other potential sells (Smackdown Title (I have no idea if it's the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship) and Tag Title) for No Way Out.

No Way out is now Elimination Chamber...it will have two elimination chamber matches, 1 from raw and from SD!

No Way out is now Elimination Chamber...it will have two elimination chamber matches, 1 from raw and from SD!

And I'll be there dammit! I may not know a single storyline but one thing I think I'll always enjoy is seeing pro wrestling in person. Plus Elimination Chamber in person no matter who's who seems like it should be fun.