The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

man shut the hell up nobody is even talkin to you

Apparently you have no concept for what an internet message board is. Good luck with that.

All he really has on his side is his look. And even that isn't that special. There are guys bigger than him...

Speaking of which, bad idea to have him stand next to Drew for that segment. McIntyre is the bigger, tanner guy with IMO the better and more legitimate look.

I hated the Ultimate Warrior. I thought he sucked. But you give evidence for, not against, my argument...

That's where you are wrong. My viewpoint isn't special. It's normal. But it is CORRECT.

How sad. You really don't know the difference between Push and Draw. You not liking Warrior is proof that they can PUSH whoever they want, but they won't necessarily DRAW. Drawing is the part where they... wait for it... Draw viewers in, bring fans to the show, the arena, and especially the PPVs. They draw money.

Warrior did not do this, despite their VERY best efforts to push him.

Sometimes I think no matter what the "E" does people will complain. People hated HHH as world champion he's spent the better part of the last few years hanging out in DX land far far away from the title cept for a Randy Orton feud.

Yeah, he didn't spend all of 2008 with or around the title, feuding with Orton, Cena, Khali, Edge, Kozlov, Hardy... His 2009 Title feud with Orton wasn't 6 months long... Triple H knows exactly how to stay out of the Title picture.

Speaking of which, bad idea to have him stand next to Drew for that segment. McIntyre is the bigger, tanner guy with IMO the better and more legitimate look.

I find McIntyre's look rather boring. He's a tall white guy with long brown hair. I'd struggle to pick him out of a line-up. Sheamus on the other hand looks like a freak, and I mean that in the best way possible. Fiery red hair all wild and untamable, standing out all the more due to his paleness. He's unique, and I love that.

OMG!! Sheamus actually won!! :D

I like the guy and totally didn't expect to see him win the title, especially so soon after getting on the main WWE roster. I've enjoyed what I've seen of him and I've heard good things about some of his character from before the WWE... I can easily see him developing into a pretty interesting wrestler down the line but most of all I'm really happy to see him win. Not that I've got anything against Cena, he's great at what he does and under-estimated by the IWC in general... I just like new things and change, which this definitely is. Awesomeness!

Also, even though I rarely watch the WWE I've always read along with the results of all three brands. I've been impressed with the general impression I've been getting with them lately, it seems like they are trying to develop a new generation of people who can be treated like stars which is GREAT! TNA has been doing the same thing too and I've been very happy with them lately, so all in all I'm quite high on wrestling at the moment. And with TEW2010 coming out sometime in the next few months, the world of wrestling looks good. :D

I was so disappointed when I heard Sheamus won the belt.. He is a very good in-ring performer don't get me wrong.. but I don't think he pulls enough Merch, or cuts great promos, or works as hard as everyone else there..

I'm happy that WWE are utilizing their younger talent better but seriously? Still this isn't as bad as Khali being champ.

I was so disappointed when I heard Sheamus won the belt.. He is a very good in-ring performer don't get me wrong.. but I don't think he pulls enough Merch, or cuts great promos, or works as hard as everyone else there..

I'm happy that WWE are utilizing their younger talent better but seriously? Still this isn't as bad as Khali being champ.

I guess I don't understand this. He is a monster heel. Of course he doesn't sell merch (even if he wasn't a monster heel who's only been on the roster for a few months). And I don't even know what you mean by 'works as hard.' What do you want him to do?

For those saying a short title reign like this should've gone to Ted DiBiase or someone else who has been around the roster for a few years, I think you're missing the point: Sheamus got the title because he hasn't ever lost to Cena (or anybody on the main roster, as far as I know). This way you can set up a storyline they've never been able to set up before, which is Cena trying to beat a guy that he's never beaten before (although I don't think he ever pinned Undertaker). Part of the common complaint about the Raw title picture is all these guys have faced off before: Cena's beaten Orton and Orton's beaten him, he's beaten Triple H and HBK repeatedly, so while they're all "big" names, it stops being as interesting each month. Now you've got a guy he's had exactly one match with that he hasn't ever beaten. That seems like compelling television to me.

Sheamus is no worse than anybody else that has had the title recently. I watched the opening segement last week with Cuban (because I had to see if he would make a Monkeypox reference :) ) but tonight is the first night I'm planning on sitting down and watching the show in a few months. Not gonna punish WWE for trying something different when all I've asked for is just that.

Just a quick reminder that swearing is against the rules in the Dog Pound, please stop it. Warnings have been handed out, as I'm getting extremely tired of people ignoring a very clear rule.

I get swearing isn't allowed but its blocked out anyway when you say a bad word so really no one actually sees the bad word its just implied. So can we not imply bad words is that what you're saying? I mean what exactly is the difference between saying the F word since it just comes out as stars and saying "what the freak"? Both essentially imply the same thing yet no one sees a bad word actually being seen in either instance. I mean for all the people on the board know we have edited ourselves from saying the bad word by putting our own stars up there. I could understand receiving a warning if you said something that wasn't filtered such as something disgusting or racist or something that wasn't appropriate but if it gets edited out anyway then I'm not sure what the big deal is. So seeing four stars on a screen is bad but someone can say "God Darnnit" which could be equally offensive to a group of people and there is no warning for that? At any rate I usually try my best not to include in appropriate things in my post so my apologies for the slip up I'm just not sure stumbling across a post with four stars in the middle of a sentence is so offensive that it needs a warning but thats why they pay you the big bucks I suppose.

I get swearing isn't allowed but its blocked out anyway when you say a bad word so really no one actually sees the bad word its just implied. So can we not imply bad words is that what you're saying? I mean what exactly is the difference between saying the F word since it just comes out as stars and saying "what the freak"? Both essentially imply the same thing yet no one sees a bad word actually being seen in either instance. I mean for all the people on the board know we have edited ourselves from saying the bad word by putting our own stars up there. I could understand receiving a warning if you said something that wasn't filtered such as something disgusting or racist or something that wasn't appropriate but if it gets edited out anyway then I'm not sure what the big deal is. So seeing four stars on a screen is bad but someone can say "God Darnnit" which could be equally offensive to a group of people and there is no warning for that? At any rate I usually try my best not to include in appropriate things in my post so my apologies for the slip up I'm just not sure stumbling across a post with four stars in the middle of a sentence is so offensive that it needs a warning but thats why they pay you the big bucks I suppose.

Swearing is bad... mm'kay. :p

Seriously though, the site filters some words and after the original post is made there is no way to know if you typed stars or swears. This is a board that is primarily used to support the games produced here, games that can (and definitely are) played by kids. And a forum used by kids. So the content (or at least the wording of it) needs to be toned down.

Whether kids know what is being said or not, this isn't a site that is ever going to allow swearing, whether it's perceived or actual. It's better and safer (in terms of potentially making money) for GDS to err on the safe side. To do otherwise would be bad for business. :)

I don't see anything wrong with trying to enforce some degree of standards on the board. You may notice that we have a considerably friendlier forum than most other places on the Net, so clearly the policies in place are having some beneficial effect.

The bottom line is that you broke a rule you knew about, so you have little room for complaint - and unless you're planning to do it a further two times, you won't have any major issues anyway.

It's not up for debate, so the discussion on it ends here. PM if you have a problem with anything.

I'm curious to see where they will be going with Shaemus now. I didn't think he would win the belt as he's clearly not over with the WWE crowds. Not his fault though, his build up on RAW has been absolutely horrible. Going through two comedy jobber (Noble and Santino) is not very impressive. Maybe if they had put more emphasis on his ECW work... On second thought, Shaemus winning with the help of a bunch of lower guys tired of Cena like Carlito would have made sense I guess.

Anyone saw the PPV ? How all those stipulations came off ? That's a lot of chairs, ladders and tables in one night, I could see it being repetitive and bland.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "botched finish". Sheamus was supposed to go through that table on the outside, same time as Cena, to set the next match. Now, we just have to see if management thinks he did that deliberately...

You know, I actually had the same thought. Especially with the way the commentators were talking right after, until Striker finally said "Of course he gets the belt - he just won!". Would they have been able to find a way to reverse the decision or restart the match right then?

You know, I actually had the same thought. Especially with the way the commentators were talking right after, until Striker finally said "Of course he gets the belt - he just won!". Would they have been able to find a way to reverse the decision or restart the match right then?

Probably. Although if that is what happened then I bet they'd just roll with it. Besides I doubt that is actually what was meant to happen anyway.

If the script had called for it? Yes. I didn't see the match but I figure it was probably more to sell the shock of the moment than an unexpected finish.

And I'll be there dammit! I may not know a single storyline but one thing I think I'll always enjoy is seeing pro wrestling in person. Plus Elimination Chamber in person no matter who's who seems like it should be fun.

Yeah I agree, I love the Elimination Chamber. That and the Royal Rumble are two PPV's that I always try and watch. Even if I am not currently watching the product.

The title change did not come as a bit surprise as Wait for it........wait for it......they already filmed the over sea's show and cena did not have the belt......he said when i get you back in the ring it will be diffrent. Shocker but they spoiled a yet to be aired ppv.......lol very intresting.

Personally I seriously doubt it was botched finish...Cena pretty much launched himself off the top rope for the finish.

And trust me, if they'd F'd up the finish, Sheamus would not have jumped up and celebrated with the belt so fast. He'd be mortified I'd say, I know I would be if I accidentally took the World's top belt from the face of the WWE.

And by the way the reaction of the crowd was great...I've never seen so many WTF faces in all my life. You may scoff, but it really was a shocked silence (and not no reaction like some might claim...how do you not react to a title change)

As where this could go...I don't think the it's impossible for

Kofi Vs Orton Vs Sheamus for the WWE title

John Cena Vs The Undertaker

to happen

As for the World title...Bastista vs either Mysterio or Morrison I think could be the way to go.

The title change did not come as a bit surprise as Wait for it........wait for it......they already filmed the over sea's show and cena did not have the belt......he said when i get you back in the ring it will be diffrent. Shocker but they spoiled a yet to be aired ppv.......lol very intresting.

I forget exactly how it went down, but it was similar in WCW, when they used to tape the shows in advance at the Disney Studio. I think it may have been the tag titles where the issue was, where a guy got injured or left the promotion or something, and he was still being shown on TV with the belt and on the live shows obviously the belt was on someone else altogether to cope with the loss of one of the tag wrestlers... I can't remember the exact story, but it was something like that.

O yes.....wcw use to do that all the time on there saturday night program. They will film multiple shows at once......some times a ppv would happen in between the filmings and a person would win the title. During the saturday night show the person would not have the belt at one point in the show but the next time they would. This was all pre-internet days so the only people who knew were the dirt shirt readers and the fans in attendence.

raw is live but the tribute to the troops is not. it has already been filmed