The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I'm not a fan of Sheamus, but at least WWE is trying something new. I think that this is our first new Main Eventer since 2007.

yah you might be right........wait a tick

kofi

legacy

punk

yoshi tatsu *yes he is a main eventer on ecw*

swagger *again he was a main eventer on ecw*

morrison *again main eventer on ecw*

they all hit main event status post 07 lol

Yeah I agree 100% about being skeptical in regards to Sheamus. Who knows he might have a Tommy Rich/Ivan Koloff run with the belt where he holds if for a week or so and then gives it back to Cena. This might just be a test run to see if the fans will buy Sheamus as a World Champion. I think at most he will hold the title until the Royal Rumble and then Cena will win it back at that event.

in a way i truly agree with this. it reminds me of edges first run. it was a shocking way to win, and in my opinion i didnt buy him as wwe championship material. It was there way to test his ability to be the man. they quickly take the title off him and then decide to have a nice buidl to his main event status. Now, however, i DO find him a true main eventer. this could happen with sheamus as well.

kofi

legacy

punk

Jeff Hardy's first WWE Title win was in '08 as well, he kinda counts.

kofi

legacy

punk

They did make CM Punk and Jeff Hardy Main Eventers. But that's it. Kofi and The Legacy are not Main Eventers yet. Why do I say that? Simple. They have not been in the world title picture. Ever. Also, do you ever see any ECW Championship matches Main Eventing PPVs? Nope. So you can count all the ECW Main Eventers as Midcarders IMO.

I think there's a serious difference between main-event status and just being featured in main-events... if you seriously consider Kofi and Legacy as main-event status, then your criteria window must be pretty damn wide.

I think we're talking purely straight legit main-eventers here, not hotshots in ECW. Of course they have no problem building top dogs on ECW, that's what the brand is for...

So the list should come down to Jeff and Punk. Morrison is almost there.

I have been watching more wrestling lately for the first time in years. I think I'd like Smackdown, but am never home on Fridays. I want to like TNA, and it's not bad but it just really smacks of WCW. And Raw has been decent too, but I'm really over the Guest Host thing. It takes up so much time every week that I feel like they skimp on minor fueds so that Freddy Prinze Jr. can hype some movie I don't want to see. At least ROH is on YouTube.

I think there's a serious difference between main-event status and just being featured in main-events... if you seriously consider Kofi and Legacy as main-event status, then your criteria window must be pretty damn wide.

I think we're talking purely straight legit main-eventers here, not hotshots in ECW. Of course they have no problem building top dogs on ECW, that's what the brand is for...

I criteria for being a main eventer is someone who can draw fans based purely on their popularity, ie Buy a PPV just to see that guy's match.

Alden is right about Yoshi Tatsu on ECW being a Main Eventer. For those bothered to watch ECW he has built up a huge following a people will tune in to ECW just to see his matches,

Kofi Kingston right now is redhot and I think he can just about be called a main eventer because people will tune in right now just to see how he comes out in his feud with Orton. Whatever way it ends he will be solidified in that status.

Morrison is definitely a main eventer now IMO...I think that run with IC tipped him over the finish line. He's ready and credible to tangle with guys like Batista now, with people believing he could win.

Swagger was an ECW main eventer however the transfer to RAW has seen him put on the backburner and he has fallen down the card again, but not so far he can't rise again. It really up to the WWE when they pull the trigger.

Legacy are...hmmm, tough. Their position is strange right now...they seemed to be on the cusp after DX and the tension between Ted and Orton...I think it's going to take that tension and a split for Ted to go supernova at least...I'm not so sure about Cody right now...I think a run with the US title would be far better for him.

What he said.

Everyone else that has been mentioned is an upper midcarder at best.

No one on ECW is a main eventer in WWE terms. They go months without the title even being defended on a PPV. That show is basically a AAA feeder show.

I guess i am meaning main event on there brand.......a main eventer on a in a indy company is still a main eventer for that company. That is how i tend to look at it.....right now......the main eventers on ecw are regal....kosloff....christian....yoshi....bejamin.....and jackson. So i call them main eventers in that sense. A main eventer as drawing *there is that word again* then no.....they have not had alot of new ones made lately.

I guess i am meaning main event on there brand.......a main eventer on a in a indy company is still a main eventer for that company. That is how i tend to look at it.....right now......the main eventers on ecw are regal....kosloff....christian....yoshi....bejamin.....and jackson. So i call them main eventers in that sense. A main eventer as drawing *there is that word again* then no.....they have not had alot of new ones made lately.

To use the game's terms, I don't think anyone on ECW would fit into WWE's definition of a "main eventer" with the possible exception of Christian, and even then, he'd be one of the very bottom "main event" guys. WWE's main event right now is basically Cena, Orton, DX, Big Show, Jericho, Punk, Undertaker, Batista, and Mysterio. I'm probably leaving someone out and Edge is likely a main eventer when he gets back, but those are the guys that you see main eventing pay per views, headlining shows, etc. Kofi and Morrison are both very close to that point, and Legacy were on the cusp during their feud with DX. Sheamus hasn't been treated as a main eventer, but it'll be interesting to see how long he holds the title.

Fair enough. But when your show only has like 12 people on it, most of them are technically going to end up in the main event eventually. ;):p

WWE Announces Mini-Tournament For Raw Tonight

Posted by Larry Csonka on 12.14.2009

The winner to be crowned Superstar of the year…

- WWE has announced that on tonight's three hour Raw, the Superstar of the year Slammy will be determined by a mini-tournament. The first round matches are…

* The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

* John Cena vs. CM Punk

- The two winners will face, with the winner of that match becoming the 2009 WWE Superstar of the year.

Cena Vs Taker...it's ON!

You heard it here first

I think that's was a dream feud back when Punk was a face. I seem to remember them having a match on RAW I got all excited about but it was just 6 minutes long so they didn't get to show much.

WWE never really does heel vs heel, but personally I think that fine because heels are supposed to be hated so why would a crowd want to see two guys they hate in a match? you know, barring smarks.

Man I just started watching Raw on my DVR (so I am like 30 min behind), but damn is Dennis Miller bombing. I mean either no reaction or a few cheers with a few more boos thrown in. What a bad choice for a guest host.

Well to be fair, WWE's audience isn't Dennis Miller's typical audience. I'll not say any more than that (to stay outta trouble :p).

Match of the Year is Taker-Michaels or somebody needs a lobotomy.

Well to be fair, WWE's audience isn't Dennis Miller's typical audience. I'll not say any more than that (to stay outta trouble :p).

Shouldn't the WWE know that?

Plus (IMHO) he isn't that funny, he just uses big words to make his average jokes appear smart. I prefer jokes that make you think about the idea or the more story teller style.

Did John Cena just channel the spirit of Tim Tebow?

I mean...the orange and blue..he whole move on and work harder..not gonna lose again...?

EDIT: hang on here's the speech:

To the Fans and Everybody in

Gator Nation, I'm Sorry.

I'm Extremely sorry. We were

hoping for an undefeated season.

That was my goal, something

Florida has never done here.

I promise you one thing, a lot

of good will come out of this.

You will never see any player in

the entire country play as hard

as I will play the rest of the

season. You will never see

someone push the rest of the

team as hard as I will push

everybody the rest of the season

And here's a partial recap of Cena:

He says every time you fail its painful, and it causes sadness. Especially as he saw last night it causes disappointment. He says a man's character is not judged by how he celebrates victory, but what he does when his back is against the wall. He says there are some who were so offended by his actions last night that they might have lost faith in him, and he points out a "WE HATE CENA" guy in the front row and says he respects his decision to do so. He says he's not talking to them, but instead he's talking to those who are still in his corner. He says if you haven't given up on him, then he won't give up on you. He says WWE Universe is his everything, and he says what happened at TLC will never happen again. He says it is time to set the record straight, and his road to Wrestlemania starts now. He won't be stopped, and he can't be stopped. He says if you want a headline for WWE.com it's that he will not lose another match until he once again is WWE Champion

Good lord, can this version of Cena get any more over-the-top cheesy?