The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

God damn it. The guy isn't over, he's been here for a couple of months, and while he impressed me, he didn't impress me enough to even win the US title, let alone the WWE ****ing championship. Just....just awful. Why not give that match to DiBiase? Or Rhodes? Or Kingston? Guys who have proved they are good, have gotten over, and have proven they're far more reliable?

I predict JBL 2.0, only Irish. 10 month reign, here we come! Seriously it's a really good "shock" move by the WWE. I'm definitely going to watch Raw for the first time since MSG.

Meh. Sheamus is getting very little heatr from the live crowds. Yes, it's a shocking moment, but I really doubt it's going anywhere.

I'm positive however it will not lead to the "downfall of the WWE."

God damn it. The guy isn't over, he's been here for a couple of months, and while he impressed me, he didn't impress me enough to even win the US title, let alone the WWE ****ing championship. Just....just awful. Why not give that match to DiBiase? Or Rhodes? Or Kingston? Guys who have proved they are good, have gotten over, and have proven they're far more reliable?

because neither of those guys fit the kind of monster push that has been given sheamus.

The ONLY thing that irks me about this is how sheamus came about, being trips' favorite partner. not that it bothers me personally, but people are gonna talk about this...

but the move itself? I don't approve, nor disapprove. i'm just waiting to see the results of this. It interests me, however...

Wow...Sheamus as WWE Champion. Didn't see that one coming..WWE trying to make him into the new Lesnar? I don't expect it to last long, (Main Eventing WrestleMania within his first year?!) but then I most certainly didn't expect it to start in the first place. Not the biggest fan of Sheamus, but I think a good reason for that is that he's only had about one match in the WWE that lasted longer then 7 minutes before this one, and that would've been the Benjamin one. (Two if you count the Battle Royal, maybe.) I'll be interested in watching this Cena/Sheamus match to see how well he goes when given what I'd presume to be over ten minutes.

But I have to say, this is, if nothing else, a daring decision by the WWE. Sheamus has not gotten very big reactions throughout his title campaign, atleast I don't think so, so giving him the belt right now is a pretty damned gutsy move..

Again, not Sheamus' biggest fan, but I approve of WWE's strive to make new stars, and so far, TLC is telling me it's a very legit effort. If doing that means megapushing some untested talent, I'm all for it.

I think shamaus is a credible champion.........He has a very unique look....VERY UNIQUE lol......can talk......and was booked as a unstopable monster. He got a lesnar push yes.......but i think he can do it.

O and by the way.......on the subject of anyone can draw money.......tell that to my former book keeprs lol........not everyone can be a draw.

Randy winning clean is perfect, means kofi's push will be long-term and very slowly built. you gotta play with the crowd, mingle kofi a bit before getting a big W.

I just feel like he had HUGE momentum and now hes back to where he was before the start of the fued. It did get him exposed more.

I guess well have to see whats next.

I think shamaus is a credible champion.........He has a very unique look....VERY UNIQUE lol......can talk......and was booked as a unstopable monster. He got a lesnar push yes.......but i think he can do it.

He did NOT get a Lesnar push.

Brock came in and destroyed people, yes. But Brock was destroying established name wrestlers the night he debuted.

By the time he was put in the main event scene he had feuded with both of the Hardyz, won KOTR, feuded with RVD, and got a giant rub by absolutely anhilating Hulk Hogan.

By the time he beat The Rock at SummerSlam, he'd already worked matches with him, Undertaker and Kurt Angle.

He was also massively over and had Paul Heyman to cut his promos for him.

I just don't think you can compare the two. Sheamus has had a handful of matches on the main roster, tried to get heat by attacking a jobber and some ringside personnel, and won his shot in a cheap battle royal victory. He gets minimal heat and his look really doesn't seem that special imo

I really REALLY don't see Sheamus as a credible world champ.

All he really has on his side is his look. And even that isn't that special. There are guys bigger than him, guys better than him, and even a guy as pale as him(well...not yet. But AmDrag will be on the main roster soon) so that doesn't amount to a whole lot, especially when the crowd is so "meh" for him.

O and by the way.......on the subject of anyone can draw money.......tell that to my former book keeprs lol........not everyone can be a draw.

Of course, ALMOST anyone can draw, with the right marketing machine behind them. Is WWE not enough proof of this?

No. Once again, see Ultimate Warrior, The.

I hated the Ultimate Warrior. I thought he sucked. But you give evidence for, not against, my argument.

You really just refuse to believe that your POV isn't anything more special or more correct than anyone else's POV don't you?

That's where you are wrong. My viewpoint isn't special. It's normal. But it is CORRECT.

And if you don't believe me, I'll give examples. It's because of WWE, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, the Rock, and John Cena got big as they did. However, it's also true that, if WWE, wanted to push someone that doesn't really have what it takes, like Cena, they can do it, and can get away with it when they have no competition.

Would Hulk Hogan be where he is today without WWE? No. Steve Austin? No. The Rock? No. John Cena? No. John Cena only is the draw because WWE made him that way, not because he's good at anything.... no matter how much you... or I.... know he's not good at much, if at anything. WWE made John Cena's career. They made a draw. That's proof enough.

Almost everyone that WWE has pushed to the main event has found success one way or another, at one time or another. Brock Lesnar? UFC Fighter. Kurt Angle? Was a multiple-time champion in WWE. Scott Hall? Earned big money in WCW, had great matces in WWF and WCW, was WWF Intercontinental Title holder. Kevin Nash? Made big money, another multi-time champion.

And the others I just listed.