The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

There has been a few instances where it has seemed as though Sting is in storyline putting on the craziness, to try and send Hogan over the edge.

Pretty much this, IMO. I think it's been a rather entertaining gimmick for Sting, and if you try to look at it in a less biased fashion, they've been doing a good job of building talents and working with their limited television time on most storylines...

I've been enjoying TNA for the last couple of months.

Pretty much this, IMO. I think it's been a rather entertaining gimmick for Sting, and if you try to look at it in a less biased fashion, they've been doing a good job of building talents and working with their limited television time on most storylines...

Sir, you are allowed to have an opinion. I'm glad you enjoy Sting. It's a popular gimmick and it's getting over right now. But I find it difficult to watch. It literally makes me uncomfortable.

I'm an avid TNA fan and I used to be a huge Sting fan. I don't care for this current gimmick. That doesn't make me biased. I watched it a few times, saw where it went, and didn't like it. In general, I'm way more inclined to ENJOY wrestling rather than hate on it like some posters do. I am simply relating to another poster who also doesn't like the gimmick. I didn't say "Sting sucks!" or "he should retire" or any of the dumb crap I read sometimes. I'm not enjoying watching his current gimmick. So I don't boycott TNA or anything crazy... I just hit the fast forward button on my DVR and life is beautiful.

Sting has verged into one of those characters that makes me embarrased to be a wrestling fan. Its over the top and completely ridiculous. I have nothing against Sting, but how he was talked into this gimmick I will never understand.

And you can't say they have limited TV time, most promotions would kill for a 2 hour TV show, they just have a stupidly bloated roster. Lets take Raw, on their WWE roster page they list 32 wrestlers (this includes people like Curt Hawkins, Skip Sheffield and more people who haven't been seen in a long time (Im looking at you Goldust)). TNA have atleast that many Wrestlers they put on television on a regular basis, and then you have to factor in time given to Hogan, its ridiculous. TNA has 51 wrestlers listed on there roster.

I think its obvious to say if they cut back a bit and gave more focus to a smaller group of wrestlers the product could be a lot better.

I wouldn't call TNA's television time 'limited' in the slightest. Just because WWE have a glut of television doesn't mean that's the norm, or even what's needed. WWE are the spoiled exception, not the rule. Promotions used to do fine with an hour a week. In fact, most folks in the business will tell you that 90 minutes a week is ideal.

Hell, I can't imagine sitting down and watching a television show for 2 hours. That's weird.

I wouldn't call TNA's television time 'limited' in the slightest. Just because WWE have a glut of television doesn't mean that's the norm, or even what's needed. WWE are the spoiled exception, not the rule. Promotions used to do fine with an hour a week. In fact, most folks in the business will tell you that 90 minutes a week is ideal.

Can't blame people for thinking that though. It's been 10 years since WCW fell and probably about fifteen since syndication was relevant. So think of all the new fans who came along in that window who've never seen an hourlong A show be viable. Most who came along in that window likely have never seen an indy that didn't distribute their shows through time-gulping DVD's. To them, TNA's television time probably does seem limited because the only consistent frame of reference for comparison they have had is the "spoiled exception" in WWE. That's part of why so many get so frustrated that TNA stays stuck in the same loop all the time.And a prime example of why the RoH/Sinclair relationship needs to work out. If it appears it takes a WWE to make a go of things on TV, all this these silly, limiting proscriptions will continue to be the conventional wisdom and things will just continue to suck for us, the fans. Especially those among us the fans who are on tight budgets.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fantabulous" data-cite="Fantabulous" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe it only feels limited because they keep trying to shoehorn all 51 of those wrestlers into their TV every week and are subsequently limited to a few minutes of screen for each wrestler per week.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gotta agree. Too many guys that they don't have enough faith in to build properly. TNA often sets up a storyline and makes us think we're looking at a long term storyline and they'll change it or cancel it. Or they'll crap all over it completely. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I like their matches and am still a fan of their product, but they have too many guys that get seemingly passed over. It comes off like messy booking to me personally. It also makes me feel like they dont have enough TV time to get everything done and get everyone the exposure they need to porperly get over.</p>

Regarding Sting... to each his own. I can't stand it but I understand and acknowledge that it's popular and there's a large segment of intelligent wrestling fans that do like it. I just cant watch it without getting physically uncomfortable.

The thing for me is it just gives me a different look for sting. He has always (IMO) a good mic worker and this new style entertains me. How he beat Gunner up and then goes and gives him a pep talk just made me laugh.

Regarding Sting... to each his own. I can't stand it but I understand and acknowledge that it's popular and there's a large segment of intelligent wrestling fans that do like it. I just cant watch it without getting physically uncomfortable.

To me the new Sting character has been pretty hit or miss. Some of it I really enjoy and some of it does kinda suck, but for me the good has outweighed the bad. I really liked the episode that Sting claimed to be the network rep.

Um...is TNA using piped boos and cheers? There was boos and cheers during the entire segment and nobody in the audience even had their mouths open.

I noticed since they "rebranded" or whatever as "Impact Wrestling" whoever does their sound is horrible. Sounds as if they cut the crowd noise when a worker is on the mic, then boost the volume inbetween the workers speaking. Creates the effect of "piped" background noises. As an amatuer musician/producer/engineer I have to say it makes them appear "bush league"...then again so does their storylines...and The Hardy Boyz circa 2011 but still... :D

Exactly this piped sound has been going on for some time now. I do not recall exactly when it started but I noticed it as well.

I always wondered if D-Von's family sits in their seats for the entire show or are they just brought out there for segments with either him or the Pope. They never seem to show a good angle of that section before or after a D-Von segment.

Exactly this piped sound has been going on for some time now. I do not recall exactly when it started but I noticed it as well.

I always wondered if D-Von's family sits in their seats for the entire show or are they just brought out there for segments with either him or the Pope. They never seem to show a good angle of that section before or after a D-Von segment.

I think they leave after Pope / Devon matches and before I remember reading

someone say they give there seats up to actual fans after the matches from those two in a sarcastic tone so I think they only stay for those bits, which is mad.