Who should main event a B-show?

Should it be like two upper-midcards? An upper-midcarder and a midcarder? Will two midcards work? A tag match including only one upper-midcarder?

What's the minimum card position of the competitors to have main event B show match that won't lack star power?

I usually have a reliable ring general on my B-show or B-brand to help train up guys who aren't as good. Granted yes, B-shows aren't concerned with ratings, but there's a part of me that just can't book without considering them. Also, I feel like longer matches help train up stamina... just not TOO long.

I'd suggest using your B-shows to hand skills down to less talented workers- I would use the main event to give a decent worker the opportunity to work with a truly exceptional worker.

The way I'm doing it currently is having everyone lower midcard and below on the B-show. I've been moving guys onto the main roster when they reach midcard status. My two major brands focus heavily on the upper midcard and main eventers, so the midcard workers are usually used in a lower capacity as support until they're finally needed to make that 'big push'.

I like having an upper midcarder in the main event, so someone can benefit from jobbing to him.

Same here, I usually use Upper Midcard people for the most part. Sometimes I even throw a Main Event person on there as well.

Back when I had one in 2008, I tended to have an Upper Midcarder take on someone lower in the rankings, as it'd usually be a nice boost to the other guy's popularity. I don't think I did two UMCs against each other, sense to me they aren't the kind of people that are suppossed to get help from a B show, and if I'm struggling that badly to fit all but one or two of my Upper Midcarders and Main Eventers on the main show, then I'm probably doing something wrong.

And with match traps, I'd rather avoid wasting one of the three between two of my type guys on a show that's rating doesn't matter.

I'd look at some of WWF's old b-show results during the Attitude era. Here's some Jakked/Shotgun results:

April 17, 1999: The Big Show defeated Tiger Ali Singh...Goldust and The Blue Meanie defeated The Acolytes...Edge and Christian defeated The Hardy Boyz...Val Venis defeated Jerry Legend.

May 22, 1999: Intercontinental Champion, The Godfather, defeated Prince Albert by Disqualification...Gangrel and Edge defeated Too Much...Droz defeated Meat.

June 19, 1999: The Big Boss Man defeated The Blue Meanie...Test defeated Prince Albert...The Road Dogg defeated Meat by Disqualification.

So basically your winners are going to be upper midcarders (Road Dogg, Big Show) and midcarders you're pushing on TV (Edge and Christian, the Godfather, Bossman). Your losers are local guys on short term deals, guys you're giving a try-out (Jerry Legend=Joe E. Legend), and lower midcarders and openers who nobody wants to see wrestle on an A show (Prince Albert, Meat, Singh). You can also pull guys up from development to job and then send them back down to give them slight boosts in popularity.

Just to ask a quick question here, so not to start a new thread, if you have a B show does anyone complain if they are left off it? I'm assuming not?

Not in particular, but people will complain if left off shows for too long. Main Eventers don't care for B shows at all, but lower card workers should be used on there to prevent them from bitching eventually. It's not about the B show itself, it's about being left off shows in general (like when there's no room for your bottom feeders on the main show/s).

As an example for headlining my B shows, I have my low level titles (I brought back the WWE Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight titles) in a storyline which I run exclusively on my (extended to 2 hours) B show "Superstars" in my WWE game. Works pretty damn well for me I have to say.

I like having an upper midcarder in the main event, so someone can benefit from jobbing to him.

This. Or a midcard tag team. Though, given my investment in tag team wrestling, I have tag teams at every card level. So it's not uncommon for me to have a main event tag team beat a lower mid/midcard tag team in the main event of the B show. I've even done a broadway with two main event tag teams.

• 1 year later...
So, quick question:

On B-Shows your workers gain Popularity in normal fashion?

But your promotion itself isn't effected by the rating at all?

sounds like a good thing if I understood that right.

I do believe that is correct.

Usually I would have an upper midcarder that I did use on my main show that week beating a midcarder/lower midcarder.

My booking philosophy is your B-show main event scene should feature at least one veteran who is a competant ring general. Perhaps a worker in age decline but can still go. Your Undertakers, your WWE-era Flairs, your NOAH-era Misawas (RIP), and to a lesser extent your William Regals.

This keeps your aging stars relevant while at the same time elevating your future franchise names.

I generally tend to have a fairly healthy contingent of jobbers-to-the-stars in any long term game I run, and these are usually the people who I focus on in a B-show main event. These tend to be mid- and upper-midcarders who aren't involved in any major programs or storylines; they may be younger guys who are being groomed for a potential main event run in the future or career midcarders who will be filling this role as long as they're on my roster. But in any case, the guys who are regularly losing to main eventers on my main shows are getting wins over lower carders on my B-shows, which helps to keep their morale and momentum in a decent state.

The cool thing about a B show is that there is no "right" or "wrong" way to use them. You could book nothing but openers in every match and angle, revelling in the run of D grades. You could book it exactly the same as you would an A show, though getting good grades doesn't help you at all.

I tend to use it as a way to develop the younger guys - both in terms of skill and overness. So guys who would never be allowed to cut a promo on the main show get the chance. I do usually try to have a couple skilled vets working on there regularly. In the C-verse, I also tend to steal a couple of the talented luchadores - while they are skilled enough to be stars, they basically work as jobbers on the B show. Its a waste of talent, but they are usually really good at it.

Skull DeBones. And he should do the job.

Even a face turn can't make me like the guy.

I usually have a match between 2 of my midcard teams (3rd/4th teams) Or I go with an UM who needs a boost. Most often it's a hot prospect (Dubois, Bach in SWF/TCW) and he headlines with a ring general midcarder (Enforcer Roberts, Joel Bryant, etc).

This may be a tad off topic but, If I am running my B show (WWF Superstars) on the same night as my A show (RAW) will that hurt my attendance for RAW?

(It's for a multiplayer game, so we are trying to run B shows on the same night, to limit the amount of emailing the file back and forth)

This may be a tad off topic but, If I am running my B show (WWF Superstars) on the same night as my A show (RAW) will that hurt my attendance for RAW?

(It's for a multiplayer game, so we are trying to run B shows on the same night, to limit the amount of emailing the file back and forth)

No, but it'll keep you from having any other expense on another arena and also not give you extra fan revenue by doing so. Which can come in handy sometimes, a lot of times if I'm playing WCW in Genadi's 2001 mod I'll run Nitro and Thunder together so I don't have to book two arenas.

Just whatever you do make sure your A show is the one that goes on first as your attendance is fixed for both shows, and you don't want a B-show crowd for your A-show. That's a great way to go bankrupt.

As for who to book on your B-show, I generally create or use one (midcard) belt specifically for the show, and other than that, I push my midcard feuds (so they don't tank my A-show) and lower level people I want to push plus upper mids that need a momentum boost get a jobber launched at them. After all, losing to a main eventer then squashing a jobber (opener or et) tends to give them a minor pop boost.

As BigPapa said though, you can do whatever you want on your B-show. It's the ultimate sandbox.

Just whatever you do make sure your A show is the one that goes on first as your attendance is fixed for both shows, and you don't want a B-show crowd for your A-show. That's a great way to go bankrupt.

Is there any way to know which one will go on first? Or do i just have to run it and see? RAW has been on Monday Nights, Live since September...Superstars debuts December (Taped Monday...broadcasts Saturday Late Nigt)

60-man match, starting from the beginning of the alphabet. No main eventers.

60-man match, starting from the ending of the alphabet. No main eventers.

2v2v2v2 with any non-main eventers that haven't been used.

Rest of the time is usually angles trying to push whoever the hell I'm tring to push. The main event gets used here.

And yes, I recently learned I have more than 120 people actively working on my NOTBPW roster. I cried, sort of.

Archived