Humorous fights or events?

Amazingly, I think this is the absolute most probable idea in history, ever.

Just look at Kobi again. A man who's smart enough to co-main with GAMMA after losing like 8 straight DEFINITELY has smarts to get his hands on a flux capacitor; if Doc Brown can do it with his crazy eyes and "I perpetually look like I just rolled out of bed" hair, Kobi and his haughty face can do it too. Even if he has to settle on attaching it to a Prius instead of a DeLorean, since I doubt his contracts are worth that much.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I think it's perfectly clear for all to see that Kobi is not the kind of man to let reaching senior citizenship stop him from doing what he does best.

If Kobi gets too old to fight then by god, he isn't going to sit there and take it like a b***h. He's going to build a god damn time machine, go back to the night he was conceived and knock his future father out before he ever gets to take his future mother for that nice seafood dinner.

His future old man comes out of the coma 10 years later, realises that his dream girl has been waiting at his bedside the whole time, takes her home to get jiggy and BAM!...we have a ten years younger Kobi!

Kobi beats Father Time, every time (well, except for the occasional decision loss) and he cuts awesomely overconfident promo's while doing it.

You know that's how he rolls...get to it!

Sounds like an old Chuck Norris joke

Look, I think it's perfectly clear for all to see that Kobi is not the kind of man to let reaching senior citizenship stop him from doing what he does best.

If Kobi gets too old to fight then by god, he isn't going to sit there and take it like a b***h. He's going to build a god damn time machine, go back to the night he was conceived and knock his future father out before he ever gets to take his future mother for that nice seafood dinner.

His future old man comes out of the coma 10 years later, realises that his dream girl has been waiting at his bedside the whole time, takes her home to get jiggy and BAM!...we have a ten years younger Kobi!

Kobi beats Father Time, every time (well, except for the occasional decision loss) and he cuts awesomely overconfident promo's while doing it.

You know that's how he rolls...get to it!

I may have shed a tear of joy.

• 2 weeks later...
I just had 2 emails after an XCC show

One stating Branco called out Henry Baldwin after his fight.

And the other stating Branco was now retired.

I had something like that, only it was a guy who lost his match suggesting another opponent for him to face.

Something funny that happened in my game, Toby Sorkin gave an interview and stated that he was going to choke out Nilton Fantoni and that "he deserved it", leading to a Strong Dislike between them. You know Toby, right? Toby "The Judoka Who'll Choke Ya" Sorkin? He won the match via Guillotine 6 minutes into the first round.

As for Kobi, there is only one thing to do, write down all his stats and put him into the default data by hand (then upload an export of him so we all can book him!) Do it, you know you must (please? :))

Why did that never occur to me?

The only problem for Calinks though is that we won't know Kobi's starting stats, which means our starting Kobi would probably have some inflated numbers. Still, you're right: the editor can tell us Kobi's style and picture and everything else... indeed, we all need a Kobi in our universes.

Wow,, so what do I got to do to share the Kobi? Of course, he is probably a lot better than when he started but really, he's still losing like crazy and I don't know why. He's cursed I tell ya!

Wait..... WTF? He's on a two fight win streak!

WHAT THE HELL!?

He's is a world champion!!!!!!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7031/kobichamp.jpg

- From player-controlled event 'GAMMA Gladiators XLVI' (from the save game 'GAMMA01')

- Created 14 March 2011

>In the last of the preliminary matches, 'The Hit Man' Miyoko Toru will battle Renan Heleno in the GAMMA Light Heavyweight division.

>We are underway!

>Advancing, Toru counters a left jab by using a solid left.

>Toru tries for a right body kick but Heleno moves out of range.

>Toru throws a left jab but Heleno avoids it.

>Heleno comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Toru.

>Heleno gets caught with a right though, and he is momentarily wobbly!

>Heleno avoids a tight combination.

>Toru uses a right hook to the body, but misses.

>Not letting up, Heleno quickly steps in closer to attack Toru.

>A couple of wild haymakers are used to set up a takedown attempt from Heleno.

>Heleno is stopped by a good sprawl, and is pulled down to the ground in a loose front facelock until he is on his knees.

>We are now at the halfway point of the round.

>Heleno prevents himself from being rolled out of turtle position.

>Heleno doesn't let Toru roll him onto his back.

>Heleno takes the opportunity to stand up.

>Toru counters a left jab by using a clever combination that finishes with a nice right cross.

>We're into the final minute of the round.

>Heleno comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Toru.

>Heleno can't get close enough to grapple, Toru keeps him away with strikes.

>Miyoko Toru is looking really tired.

>Heleno steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.

>Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.

>That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Toru.

>There's the bell and round number two begins!

>Toru counters a left jab by using a left.

>A straight left fails to land and Toru is able to fire back with a nice left hand.

>Toru counters a left jab by using a series of quick lefts.

>A couple of wild haymakers are used to set up a takedown attempt from Heleno.

>Heleno doesn't get the takedown, Toru was equal to it and pulls them into a clinch.

>The grapple breaks up after a short struggle, and the two fighters step apart.

>Heleno looks to be trying to close the distance between them.

>Toru finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.

>Heleno tries to wrestle Toru backward and up against the cage.

>Toru ends up backed against the cage.

>Miyoko Toru seems to be fighting against exhaustion.

>We are now at the halfway point of the round.

>Heleno looks for a trip takedown.

>Toru stops the takedown attempt, then uses his wrestling to take control of the grapple and put Heleno against the cage.

>Heleno gets caught with a knee to the inside of the thigh.

>Heleno waits for Toru to throw a knee strike, then uses wrestling to turn him around so that Toru now has his back to the cage.

>With the cage trapping Toru, Heleno looks to try and take him down.

>Toru blocks the takedown attempt and turns Heleno around so that he has his back to the cage.

>Toru takes a short step back and prepares to strike.

>There's under a minute left in this round.

>Both fighters throw strikes at the same time, both miss.

>Heleno slips past a jab and scores with a jab.

>Toru uses head movement to cause a left jab to sail harmlessly by.

>From the pocket, Heleno shoots in for a double leg.

>Heleno can't get past the sprawl of Toru, and finds himself pushed face-down to the ground.

>Miyoko Toru looks totally gassed.

>Time expires and we come to the end of round two.

>I have to give that round to Toru, but only a 10-9.

>His corner are trying to get him fired up, but Heleno just sits there staring at the floor.

>We are back underway!

>Toru avoids a quick jab and hits a series of quick lefts.

>Advancing, Toru counters a left jab by using a hard right kick to the legs.

>Those strikes to the legs are going to take their toll.

>Heleno throws a couple of wild punches as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.

>The takedown doesn't work, Toru sprawled to defend it and then works into a clinch position.

>Renan Heleno doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.

>With control of the clinch, Toru tries to complete a takedown.

>Toru can't get the takedown, Heleno defended it well.

>Heleno uses a whizzer to turn Toru slightly, creating enough space for him to break free of the grappling entirely.

>Heleno steps in but an exchange of strikes goes nowhere.

>Not letting Heleno settle, Toru moves in closer.

>Toru counters a left jab with a series of quick lefts.

>We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.

>Toru narrowly misses Heleno with a right uppercut.

>Not letting Toru settle at all, Heleno comes in closer.

>Looking very tired, Heleno comes in throwing ragged haymakers, using them as cover so that he can shoot in.

>Toru first stuffs the takedown attempt, then manages to wrestle Heleno the the floor! Heleno has to pull guard.

>Toru throws a few weak-looking punches as he decides on his next move.

>Heleno attempts to lock on an omoplata.

>The omoplata is applied, Toru has no choice but to tap out!

>Renan Heleno takes the win by submission!

>Official Result: Renan Heleno defeats 'The Hit Man' Miyoko Toru (Submission (Omoplata) in 4:32 of round 3). The match was rated as being Good.

First time I've seen a mental collapse, and he goes on to win. Sweet Irony.

Carlos da Guia wins the GAMMA WW belt. KO'ing Regueiro in the 2nd round. I somehow forget to renew his contract. Fortunately he loses it to Van Der Capellan and leaves.

For months I try to renegotiate but yea, he doesn't want to. BCF eventually sign him up (12k per fight as opposed to the 60k he was on, wtf).

Ohh but wait, what's that I hear? Financial problems in BCF? Takeover! Done!

1 fight later, Carlos da Guia is back in GAMMA. 12k per fight!

#winning

I just found this hilarious in an awesome way.I am playing as BCF I set up a fight between Will Kane and Gary McSweegen.In the first Kane was able to knock down McSweegen and win the first,in the second McSweegen came back and knocked down Kane and won the second,about half way through the third Kane won the fight by TKO with McSweegen jumping up and complaining about the early stoppage.The match was rated as fantastic so a couple of months later I set up the automatic rematch.In the first McSweegan landed the better shots and won the round,in the second Kane came back knocked down Mcsweegan twice and absolutely dominated winning a 10-8 round,In the third McSweegan was able to drop Kane and win the third.Now I thought it was crazy because it was going to be a draw,but no Kane wins a majority decision.The scores being 28-28,28-27 Kane and 28-27 Kane and the fans boo the decision lol.So now I have no clue what to due I don't think I will set up a third fight right away,but Kane now has two wins over McSweegan and both are controversial.Not only that but I was wanting to set up a rematch with Kane and Vikram for the title and after two awesome but iffy fights against McSweegan I don't think he deserves one.

I just found this hilarious in an awesome way.I am playing as BCF I set up a fight between Will Kane and Gary McSweegen.In the first Kane was able to knock down McSweegen and win the first,in the second McSweegen came back and knocked down Kane and won the second,about half way through the third Kane won the fight by TKO with McSweegen jumping up and complaining about the early stoppage.The match was rated as fantastic so a couple of months later I set up the automatic rematch.In the first McSweegan landed the better shots and won the round,in the second Kane came back knocked down Mcsweegan twice and absolutely dominated winning a 10-8 round,In the third McSweegan was able to drop Kane and win the third.Now I thought it was crazy because it was going to be a draw,but no Kane wins a majority decision.The scores being 28-28,28-27 Kane and 28-27 Kane and the fans boo the decision lol.So now I have no clue what to due I don't think I will set up a third fight right away,but Kane now has two wins over McSweegan and both are controversial.Not only that but I was wanting to set up a rematch with Kane and Vikram for the title and after two awesome but iffy fights against McSweegan I don't think he deserves one.

kind of like my Wiman/Watson fights. First fight I thought Watson won, but it was Wiman so i set up an imediate rematch. Second fight Watson won, hands down, yet the judges gave it to Wiman. :mad: time for a third time.

Guida has a strange tendency to burp in between rounds... he's done so after the first round for almost every fight I've given him so far.

My latest event had.... interesting results.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2346/wackyresults.jpg

Also, I found this to be a bit weird in particular:

- 'The Fireball Kid' Takanori Gomi vs. 'The Bully' Gray Maynard

- From player-controlled event 'UFC 141: Griffin vs Machida' (from the save game 'UFC')

- Created 11 April 2011

>Moving on to the next match, in which 'The Fireball Kid' Takanori Gomi will take on 'The Bully' Gray Maynard in the UFC Lightweight division.

>And here we go!

>Gomi avoids a nice combination and hits a nice left hand.

>Gomi keeps his cool as Maynard throws a feint to the left.

>Gomi moves out of range of a tidy combination of punches.

>A nicely executed one-two combination sets up a takedown attempt from Maynard.

>The takedown is successful, it's a single leg that leaves Gomi pulling guard.

>Maynard smothers Gomi with his body by pushing forward and down.

>In guard, Maynard begins working to pass to side control.

>He can't get free of the guard.

>Gomi attempts to lock on a triangle choke.

>Maynard gets caught by the triangle, and it's deep!

>Maynard pulls his opponent up whilst in the triangle...and powerbombs him!

>The triangle is broken and Gomi is left dazed!

>We move into the second half of this round.

>Maynard senses victory and starts to unload with punches!

>The punches rain down, but Gomi keeps composed and manages to pull half guard.

>Maynard attempts to arm triangle Gomi from the top of half guard.

>Gomi blocks it.

>Gomi attempts a guillotine choke from the bottom of half guard.

>Maynard pulls free before the guillotine can be applied.

>The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.

>Maynard attempts to arm triangle Gomi from the top of half guard.

>Gomi blocks it.

>Gomi attempts a guillotine choke from the bottom of half guard.

>Maynard pulls his head free before the hold can be applied properly.

>Round one ends as time expires.

>Not much happened in that round, hopefully the fighters will pick up the pace a bit when we restart.

>I think Maynard took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

The fans piss me off. They have no appreciation for a technical fight. If someone isn't getting blasted they start whining. I have seen some great submission battles and the fans said the fight was poor. I want to smack them.

Have you seen UFC 90 in Chicago? Allow me to treat you. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! All night long. It was like they bought the tickets thinking it was a Guinness World Book attempt for longest continuous crowd booing.

JdS lamposted Fabricio Werdum on that card. Fan reaction.... ohhhhh... BOOOOOOOO!

Ryland totally nailed it, fans suck.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update but I haven't played my original game in a while. I can say that the new, young Kobi is still doing pretty bad. At least now he can manage a win every now and then. He has been really quiet though which isn't how he started out Maybe all those losses finally humbled him. He even looks slightly less indignant.

I started a new game using real fighters butttt...... I'm going to import Kobi! We will see how he stacks up to the likes of Shogun, Evans, King Mo, Mousassi, Fedor, etc. etc.