What's going on in your game?

<p>So I decided to give Texas Pete a break and rehire him after Cornell fired him for his drinking problems. I wanted to reunite American Buffalo so bad. </p><p> </p><p>

So what happens the very next show?</p><p> </p><p>

Texas Pete shows up drunk. Fired him on the spot. He is a lost cause.</p>

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kaneso14" data-cite="kaneso14" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am building to Remo vs Bruce at The Supreme Challenge 36. In my universe, Remo and Bruce haven't faced off in nearly 5 years and Remo has almost always had the better of Bruce so I am going to try and build it up as an icon vs icon match with Bruce going over for his final run with the title.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am building up to the same main event, but seeing that the last four Supreme Challenges ended with the face capturing the title, and that Jack Bruce ended Remo's first title run, I am thinking it would be a nice swerve to have Remo come out on top.</p>

<p>I just finished a month as 21CW. I managed to improve my grades a bit but i'm down to 79 pop and I lost $413k, this is going to be a challenge.</p><p> </p><p>

Story wise I have Tommy propping up Edward as champion. Dark Angel became number one contender but Tommy convinced him to give up the title shot in order to face him in the main event of World War IX.</p><p> </p><p>

I really messed up the UK title scene. I was going to have Seb Koller go over all of the hosses in the mid card but I accidentally had him drop the title to Danny Patterson. I had Koller win it back at the next TV show but he injured Patterson in that match and now he has locker room heat. I'll probably have to abandon that feud and use the title to elevate Orson instead.</p>

Also, the SWF have a tendency to buy out a company... I won't spoiler you on which one(s) but the answer may surprise you. ;):cool:

Something tells me that the SWF buys out my favorite 97CV promotion. That promotion is none other than Awesome Max Wrestling lol. Time to see if I'm right.

I started a game as SWF. I never play as them, so I figured I'd give it a go and try to make SWF great again. Just using the default feuds right now, but I like that I've gotten some emails from roster members about how good Steven Parker is on promos and how good Marshal Dillon is.

I'm playing Peter Michaels as head booker. I was so tempted to just take him and make my own company or go somewhere else for the start of the game when I saw he had been made the scapegoat for USPW beating out SWF. I figure I'll do that in a future game.

USPW have been signing a bunch of people, mostly people I've been looking at.

Trying to get Hollywood Bret Starr, Steven Parker, and Spencer Spade over. It could be a long ride for that. I made Uprising into a B show to help with that though.

Weird seeing Joey Minnesota over in SWF. Happy to have him on my roster, though. I'd always wanted to do Joey Minnesota vs. Joe Sexy and Joey Minnesota vs. Rich Money (sucks Rich Money is gone to USPW :( .)

Shane Douglas just turned in his 2 week notice after Tommy Dreamer took his TV title.

For the ECW World Title, Raven and Sabu just turned in a B+ hardcore ironman match, with both taking crazy bumps. Sabu broke his leg and continued the match, and while everyone is happy the event went well, everyone is pissed that Raven broke Sabu's leg via a botched move.

Zen

Started a Zen Game (Halloween Knight as UA) and just blasted through the starting two months. Started a war with the all the other Australian companies and quickly hired Tombstone (DIW Champion), Shiori Jippensha when I noticed she now works everywhere, and Evil Spirit to keep Shiori happy while also being a low level Halloween Knight associate (Had to rage quit in the post booking after he injured Pumpkin Jack which pretty much has killed him ever not being a jobber). Currently running a weekly Zen Temple Nights show hoping to reach regional before my money runs out.

Pumpkin Jack is my current champion and he's went from guy who in 2013 sat in the midcard to an absolute monster hitting 70 twice with HN and HN plus Devil Fish. All three of them are hitting 50 POP and that is with all of them dropping L's quite frequently. Currently having him work with Hallowarped because I left Cyanide with poor momemtum,Damian Dastardly still has the Conceptual Champion, and HN feuding with Devil Fish. The Hallow Warped feud is based HW using Toady as a regular distraction leading to two straight victories over DevilFish and number one contendership, with the story going into his match with Pumpkin Jack at Scholar being Toady constantly running in to get Warped victories. I intend for Pumpkin to retain against Hallowarped and Cyanide in the next two months before feuding with Devil Fish.

I got Halloween and Devil fish feuding for the next two months with Hallow winning on the next event to have ownership of Devil Fishes contract. He win's there to DARK Devil Fish where they'll feud with Man o' War and Vertigo (Super Zero got sent to jail for reckless driving 3 YEARS) win there. After that I intend for DARK Devil Fish to go after the title and either take it going full heel or having Pumpkin Jack save him in which Pumpkin Jack retains.

Outside of that Tombstone debuted as Woodchucks surprise partner vs The Pinks as at the time I wanted to something different with Tombstone NOW I really wish I had just gone heel with him. Shiori Jippensha sorta went around winning matches as a heel up until I got her to feud with Woodchuck based on Woodchuck respecting her and Shiori being two faced. After Woodchuck got a surprise roll up on Shiori the following week in their tag match vs. Hyde and Strange, at Zen Way of the Shiori abandoned her.

The Knights Temple (Killer B and Suburban Legend, who everybody on my roster insists is the next big thing) took the belt from Warp-Jump (Hallowarp and Toady) they're now defending against Hyde and Strange.

Dastardly still has the title feuding with Devil Fish and Super Zero being the last person to beat Zero before he went to jail. He's feuding with Tombstone but i'm probably going to have Dastardly drop it to some midcard face after a distraction because Tombstone and Dastardly are both just about to main event.

Cyanide's feuding with Shaolin now after Super Zero's dumbass got sent to jail. Cyanide will win and then lose to Pumpkin Jack.

That's about it for my roster I've lost about a 120,000 Grand all together and sit at 1 Importance point outside of regional which I should be able to hit before the end of March. At which point I'll steal back Loneshark and raid APW's roster for a couple of others. Honestly though I could probably ride my current ME Scene (HN, Devil Fish, and Pumpkin) all the way to cult. Anyways sort of happy how Zen turned out in this game, maybe a bit too easy but now their younger guys aren't total jobbers (Looking at Pumpkin and Hallowarped on that one)

Happened to me too. I immediately had Thrill Seeker beat him to win their series... and Ricky ruptured his spleen in the match. So all in all I'm okay with how things went.

CGC aren't in too much trouble. I quite like the roster cleanout. Chandler, Johnson, Deeley & Trent out. More room for others to shine. Thrill Seeker & Gargantuan are guys I never really got to grips with before.

I ended up having to release Gargantuan in my main CGC game in 2013 because I got incidents with him twice a month and couldn't get him to stop being a jerk (and he didn't seem to have very good progression or destiny to make it worth it).

I feel the same way about Thrill Seeker. He was floating around my mid/upper-midcard and not doing much of anything. He'd be in a throw-away tag team for a while, and then I'd give him a manager, and then I'd take the manager away... He was like the last couple WWE runs of RVD.

In the demo, I think I like Heel Main Event Thrill Seeker. I really mourn the loss of Trent Shaffer and Shooter Sean Deeley, though.

Also, my trick of putting Rajah and Grandmaster Phunk together as Hustle Inc. didn't pan out because of bad chemistry. :(

This was my high spot match on my last OLLIE card: (Each show actually calls for either a high spot, car crash or steal the show match aim)

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k530/Lando86/OLLIE_HighSpotsMatch.jpg

And this was the full card:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k530/Lando86/OLLIE_Show2.jpg

Some minor things that I think could've been better but I'm very pleased with how well my OLLIE save is going. Monday can't come soon enough!

Currently playing as CGC trying to get some fresh talent and breathe new life into a doomed company. My UC is none other than The dark one Cliff Wilson. Cliff is immediately the most over worker in the company and I am going to hotshot the title to him with a storyline between Jack Decolt, Cliff Wilson, and Marc Dubios. Dubios is debuting at the first show of the year by interfering in Jack's match. An epic stare down between the two happens and I build this until I get to CGC Elimination. The go home show will have Alex interrupting a spat between the two men announcing that someone has finally returned home to Canada. His coming home present will be him getting into the World title match, but he would make sure to inform people that he doesn't even know if they will show up. The PPV comes Cliff is added as a late addition and ends up winning the CGC World title in his debut match. Then it can lead to a three way feud seeing an Epic encounter between Jack and Cliff. Eventually Dubois will take it off of Cliff when the time is right cementing someone who ISN'T a decolt as the guy.(Even though he's a heel)

After this feud I plan on scaling Cliff down to Main Event gatekeeper because lets face it the man's almost 50 and is still one of the best in the business. He'll eventually become my CGC Canadian champion and trade it a few times with Ozzie in order to better establish the old time favorite of mine.

The CGC Canadian championship as of now if held by blockbuster but a debuting Thomas Morgan will give him a challenge he'll never forget which will in turn finally give Thomas the gratification he's been looking for. A match between a man who should have been so much more and Dark Angel will be a technical masterclass and the young bucks should pay close attention when they collide.

I have plans for Poison and Price, but I haven't figured our how Poison can get his World title reign and have it make sense....but that's my plan....Monday needs to hurry so I can purchase it. :D

So i finished the two months with USPW, didn't really do much better with the second PPV. Its really hard to make the decision to have Nicky Champion lose in any way close to clean, i had a second DQ finish for a main event PPV when Frehley interfered in the Champion Vs Khoklov match. I booked myself into a corner because i didnt want Khoklov to lose his first major match in USPW, but the figurehead stuff with Champion meant i was too worried letting him lose, even with a tainted finish or interference. So i let him win by DQ but kept Khoklov strong.

I've really enjoyed this save, i think ill keep it going once the full game is out. USPW definitely have challenges, their national battle top 5 without Champion and Khoklov (Who you could obviously not sign, but why wouldnt you?) has people like Tyson Baine (who is surely more likely to be in decline than not) and Enygma (same as Baine to a lesser extent) who can't be relied upon for too long. Rich Money and Steve Frehley are still decent for me, but Rich Money starts in a weak feud with Caulfield, who can't be expected to perform at Moneys level so i did not even consider having Caulfield win even one match in the feud. James Justice was another who is 45 or 46 and autopushes main event at the start. So USPW may look tremendously different from 2013 but their is definitely some of the same problems there...

Decided to open up a Small sized women's promotion in the States. I'm trying to model it a bit after SHIMMER and try to go a few months without putting a belt on the line. Currently running two shows a month, but I'm hopeful to try and possibly hit four a month if I can whenever I get to a Regional level. I'm trying to use unemployed talent at the moment and maybe down the line branching out to QAW/AAA talent while and trading with 5SSW.

I haven't used the C-Verse in ages, so I'm not really too familiar with the female talent, but I'm having a blast. Eve Grunge is really one of my favorites so far. She's slowly climbing up the cards and I doubt she'll be over enough by the time I put the belt up, but if she is, I'm probably putting the belt on her. For the moment, Connie Morris seems to be lined up to be the first champion.

I want to have some monster reigns too. SHIMMER having 3 500+ day reigns is a huge inspiration behind this game as weird as it sounds. So Connie will probably have the belt until 2016 is over and then I'd like to have Deborah Young win it from her. I would have liked it if I could've made Geena my first heel champion, but her performances have just been meh thanks to a harsh time decline. Maybe she can turn Deborah into her protege Amazonian.

For the moment, I'm just doing the shows as wrestling matches with no real story behind them. Once the belt is introduced (or I hit Regional, not sure yet), I'll probably start putting some stories into the game.

I cannot wait for this full release. I'm itching to continue this game. I've even considered just starting it up in 2013 to kill some time, but I'd probably get too invested into that. I think I can wait a few more days.

The Hype was made champion of PPPW, then made figurehead then signed for DAVE and then overdosed.... he's done that in each of the last two sims I've ran of the CV97 data, I'm starting to think Adam has programmed his career progression into the game itself. :p

You mean to tell me my favorite character on the planet Todd "The Hype" Cusson is even worse this year??? Oh goody the redemption I will force upon him will be heavenly. I downloaded CV97 not to long ago I signed him to AMW and am now trying to get him off the dope but he may end up hating me. However if it gets him even half clean and he can perform for one of the larger promotions my work is done. :D

Derek B? Please tell me you'll eventually create your own CV2016 database based off of the CV07 database....or at least a 2005 database something. Hell I can dream can't I

Playing as Jack Bruce, taking over the head booking duties of CGC. Hired Greg Guage, Roger Cage and Ernest Youngman to build up as great heels to feud with the DeColts in a year or so. I made Jack Bruce a heel leading the stable aptly named Jack's Band, with Gargantuan, Blockbuster, Joey Poison, Dan LaDay, and Thrill Seeker. Bruce beat Jack DeColt in his first night on TV to win the World Title after Gargantuan interference. Immediately raised the title prestige.

Managed to sign Ricky DeColt to a written deal after throwing everything Alex would allow his way. Unfortunately he and Thrill Seeker have terrible chemistry so I had to abandon their storyline. Had him Feud with the Midcard Roger Cage whom I gave an Irish Rogue gimmick to. He has excelled at that gimmick.

Had Bruce lose the title back to Jack DeColt at the first PPV after botched Gargantuan interference. Had Christian Price win his feud and he will feud with Bruce who should help elevate his popularity. Bruce will win that feud and go on to face Ricky DeColt while Price gets to win a feud against the clown. Bruce will win the feud against Ricky to build momentum for feuding with Jack DeColt again for the title. Bruce will win the feud that time and will eventually lose the belt to Price.

I hope to never have to give the belt back to Jack DeColt, instead building his brother and Christian Price as the stars, with him having special attraction matches like Hogan or Undertaker.

Running a TCW game, and I was shocked at how AA only had 74 overness despite being champ. Stuck in a feud with Rocky, there was no way I could put him over without pissing the figurehead off. My solution? I give Rocky a DQ after the Eddie Peak and the debuting Doug Peak attack him during the match. That gives Andrews the win, uses up Rocky's rematch, and also takes Rocky's attention away from the belt. Moving forward, I'm going to have Rocky feud with the Peaks and Andrews battle the recently-inducted hall of famer RDJ to give him a big rub moving forward.

I like the added booking options when you're doing a match. Having auto booker is amazing, but actually booking the show, it doesn't feel like such a chore now. Freestyle angles will be great once I'm used to my roster. My first 21cw ppv didn't go so well, although I wasn't expecting a great ratings. 74 was not too bad. I still want to give it a go. However.

WWF January 1996 is what I'm doing right now. Converted a mod and just left Nash, Hall in WCW, etc. The boyhood dream storyline has started :rolleyes: . Mankind can wrestle The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 12. His debut coming early at the Royal Rumble during the Bret vs Undertaker WWF title match. Screwing Bret is now possible, but I love Bret. I might screw Triple H for a laugh. I'm licking my lips at the prospect. Licking my lips at the prospect of Michael Buffer being free for the Royal Rumble ring announcing job. You really see how valuable the one night only deals are when you are dealing with this WWF roster.

The plan is to have Howard Finkel beat up Buffer at the Royal Rumble because nobody does it like Fink. It is now time for the Royal Rumble match.

Just started a WCW 2000 game using a converted version of the new millennium mod. Main event for my first edition of Nitro was going to be Lex Lugar VS Ric Flair to deciced the number one contender for Bret Harts world title at Souled Out. The plan was for it to end in a no contest then it be announced as a triple threat.

All the angles leading up to the main even were going well pulling soild B's. Then the match happens and i get the following message after the match. "It soon became pretty clear that Lex Lugar was wasted on drugs. It Really affected his performance" :mad: Thanks for pulling a Jeff Hardy. Not so sure am going to keep that main event push going now. Was going to use Lugar as a transnasional champion for a month so Steiner can pick up the title.