What's going on in your game?

I'm currently in mid-2023 with SWF and I WISH I'd been doing this from the start, definitely using this idea in my next game, if you don't mind.

For myself, I'm having quite a problem in my aforementioned SWF game. Tommy Cornell is finally on time decline since the end of 2022 and I've been trying to depush him to about upper midcard before he starts stinking up the main event. The only problem is any time I put someone over him the match rating is either 99 or 100, so he barely loses any pop, even against an upper midcarder. Granted this is a fantastic problem to have as it means anyone I put over him will go up hugely in pop but his stamina is almost below the minimum 70 I require for non-tag roster members so I need him to hurry up and reduce his pop!

Have him on a "legends" contract, which means just stop using him as much. Or just "retire him" yourself. Have him lose to less popular guys, with keep strong note. If he has hit 100 popularity if I'm remembering right he won't dip below like 80 pop now. You can also just force him upper midcard.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted this is a fantastic problem to have as it means anyone I put over him will go up hugely in pop but his stamina is almost below the minimum 70 I require for non-tag roster members so I need him to hurry up and reduce his pop!

Why do you have the rule about stamina needing to be at least 70 for non-tag wrestlers in SWF? I don't play as SWF really, but I know their product favors shorter matches that don't necessitate great stamina.

xrQOfPT.jpg

So in my current 2016 SWF game, this appeared last night. Steven Parker breaks up with Persephone because she's having an affair with Vita, the female blond manager that I have used a supermodel gimmick. :eek:

Parker just doesn't know how good he has it here. No, seriously, I can't recall if Persephone was bisexual before or if I changed her myself. (I'm assuming that I changed both women to be bi, but that's just a guess.)

The funny part is that two of Vita's clients now hate her as they are friends with Parker. I guess I might have to move them around some.

xrQOfPT.jpg

So in my current 2016 SWF game, this appeared last night. Steven Parker breaks up with Persephone because she's having an affair with Vita, the female blond manager that I have used a supermodel gimmick. :eek:

Parker just doesn't know how good he has it here. No, seriously, I can't recall if Persephone was bisexual before or if I changed her myself. (I'm assuming that I changed both women to be bi, but that's just a guess.)

The funny part is that two of Vita's clients now hate her as they are friends with Parker. I guess I might have to move them around some.

Weird seeing the name "Don Jarrett" there, since it is the name I always give Donnie J when he inevitably joins the Platinum Blondes in SWF.

Another update from my “going all out” TCW saved game. I’ve been treating my PPVs kinda like 90’s WCW did with crazy gimmicky matches. This might be my best example.

It’s Psycho Circus 2016!

General Manager Ricky Dale Johnson wanted to send 2016 out with a bang. So, for the December PPV, RDJ booked the first ever Triple Cage Match in TCW! Wolf Hawkins would put his 11 month TCW World Heavyweight Championship reign on the line against 5 challengers. The competitor who reached the top of the Triple Cage and retrieved the championship belt would be the TCW World Heavyweight Champion!

Atom Smasher & Robbie Retro defeated Joshua Taylor & Silver Tiger

Smasher needed backup after becoming a target of one of the top teams in TCW, Taylor & Tiger. Much to the surprise of all, that would be an old friend from Smasher’s old company, Robbie Retro! It would be a successful PPV debut for Retro, as the new team of Smasher & Retro are now 2-0! (82)

Suzanne Brazzle defeated Fuyuko Higa

Two of the top female wrestlers in TCW do battle, and Brazzle picks up the win in a close encounter. Though, it is clear this feud is just getting started! (80)

Z-Man defeated Benny Benson

For weeks, Z-Man (Zimmy Bumfhole) accused Benson of costing him his chance of winning the revived TCW Cruiserweight Championship. Tired of Z-Man’s insults, Benson challenged Z-Man to back his words up in the ring! In the end, Z-Man would reverse Benson’s victory roll attempt into his pinning position, and would use the ropes for leverage as the referee counted to 3! Z-Man steals it! (81)

The New Wave defeated Aaron Andrews & Art Reed

In a major slump, Guide & Scout agreed to take on Floyd Goldworthy as their manager after Floyd vowed to take them back to the “Promised Land.” He also vowed New Wave would win in their rematch against TCW’s hottest new team, Andrews & Reed. New Wave did exactly that, but not before Guide would strike Reed in the throat with Goldworthy’s fancy gold cane, setting up the finish! (86)

Angry Gilmore defeated Valiant & Kirk Jameson in a Triple Threat to retain the TCW International Championship

Gilmore got swept up in the feud between Valiant & Jameson, which led to RDJ booking his title match. Despite the odds, Gilmore would take advantage of this bitter feud and come away still champion. (91!)

Rocky Golden defeated Remo in a Steel Cell Match

Remo targeted Rocky Golden the moment he debuted in TCW months ago, and this blood feud has been relentless ever since. Many brawls, many objects destroyed, many security guards getting tossed around! Their first encounter ended in a Double DQ. Remo won their second encounter, a Street Fight, but not before dishing out a low blow!

RDJ wanted this feud to end right along with 2016, and so with the Triple Cage booked, he decided to book Golden & Remo in that large bottom cage surrounding the ring and then would have both exits locked tightly shut. A Steel Cell Match, where this feud could finally come to a finale!

It would be the war that RDJ promised it to be. In the end, Rocky Golden would get his retribution. Bloody and battered, Golden would get his arm raised in victory! (95!)

The Canadian Animals defeated The All Night Express in a Tornado Tag Match to regain the TCW World Tag Team Championship

In their first encounter, Freddy Huggins & Edd Stone got themselves blatantly DQ’ed in their first encounter. After winning a big Eight Man Tag Match, ANE (Sammy Bach & Ricky DeColt) would be granted their rematch by RDJ.

The Animals would cheat again, but this time, the referee wouldn’t catch them in the act! With the ref following Stone & Bach, Huggins would whack DeColt with one of the Tag Titles, setting up the finish! (80)

Sara Marie York defeated Joanne Rodriguez to retain the TCW Women’s Championship

Dubbed the biggest women’s match in TCW history by Jessica Gilmore (Women’s GM), the top two females in TCW lived up to the promotion. It looked like J-Rod was going to end York’s inaugural reign, perhaps living up to her prophecy of being the “promised one.” But York surprised J-Rod with a roll up, and caught her for the 3 count! York sneaks away with the successful title defense, but there is no way this is their last encounter! (81)

Mikey James defeated Nicolas Lopez to retain the TCW Cruiserweight Championship

Lopez for weeks called James a “fluke champion,” claiming James only won the revived championship because he did it in a fatal four way ladder match. “You never beat me, boy.” After winning a Triple Threat versus Benny Benson & Z-Man, Lopez earned a title shot and a chance to back up his claim.

He would not! It was a close encounter, but Mikey James proved that his title victory was no fluke. In his first title defense, James would put down the former International Champion, and remain tall atop the Cruiserweight Mountain. (81)

Triple Cage Match!

Champagne Lover defeated Wolf Hawkins, Nicky Champion, Eddie Peak, Joss Thompson, & Rogue to become the NEW TCW World Heavyweight Champion

From the moment that this match was announced, Hawkins accused RDJ of attempting to take the World Title off of him. It would appear Wolf’s complaint might have some ammunition now.

Nevertheless, Champagne Lover vowed to become TCW World Heavyweight Champion during his first promo with the company. After making a triumphant return from Hollywood movie making, Lover fulfilled his vow. Among the ruckus, it would be Lover reaching the top of the Triple Cage and retrieving the World Title!

As 2016 came to a close, it would be Lover literally standing above everyone else with the World Title. Who knows what that means for TCW and 2017! (99!!!)

All in all, a pretty good PPV. The two cruiserweight matches were a bit of a disappointment, particularly James/Lopez. Was hoping for at least a B+. But, in the end, I can’t complain about a 99 main event!

I'm currently in mid-2023 with SWF and I WISH I'd been doing this from the start, definitely using this idea in my next game, if you don't mind.

It's all yours! It's something I cooked up a long time ago and revised it from time to time.

It worked well with my latest game, where I'm doing a lot of big, gimmicky PPV matches. So, a lot of chances for wrestlers to receive points. The biggest point gain, of course, is winning either the World Heavyweight or World Cruiserweight Championship (which I'm trying to eventually put on the same level).

<p>For a few in-game years I've been running a custom fed, starting in a 1987 mod and currently in late 1990. I call it Silver Side Pro Wrestling, no particular reason other than liking the sound of "Silver Side", been wanting to use it for a long time. In it's early years it was topped by guys like Terry Funk, Stan Hansen, Bob Backlund, Bruiser Brody, Jerry Lawler and Ric Flair. Big stars and great workers, but by the time I started they were already at the tail-end of their primes. With that in mind, they were my initial headliners but I was always building on the youth underneath, with guys like Owen Hart, Dynamite Kid, The Great Muta and especially Brian Pillman rising towards the main event.</p><p> </p><p>

By November of 1990, I now have Pillman as my world champ, he beat Flair in June and will still have it until February. Flair and Lawler will stick around the main event scene for a while longer but Hansen and Funk are kind of being slowly phased out. Backlund is already considered a midcarder at this point. Brody has been working in my dev territory just to give it a big headliner and an experienced, talented hand.</p><p> </p><p>

But something very unexpected has happened, kinda been happening really. I've become a super financially strong company, so much so that when a promotion's on it's death door I'm very likely to buy it out and take what I can. I've done this three times, with the most important one being All-Japan Pro Wrestling. </p><p> </p><p>

The other companies I've let fold whilst just cherry picking a few names to keep around. But All-Japan was a key thing, because I was already working on becoming International at the time, but I had nothing going on in Japan. This acquisition fast-tracked me to that, suddenly now my promotion has a ton of pop over there, though most of my roster is unknown over there for now. (This will change soon as I also got a TV deal in Japan out of this!)</p><p> </p><p>

Given the unique situation, knowing I'd have a ton of popularity in Japan out of nowhere (going from like F+ to Bs across the board here) but little way to make immediate use of it, and being a bit sad to see All-Japan go, I decided on the spur of the moment to continue running it myself. Rather than pick and choose, I took everything I could from All-Japan. The whole roster, titles, shows and all. And I made it into a second brand.</p><p> </p><p>

Thusly, while Silver Side will continue running in North America, Europe and the UK on occasion, All-Japan will continue going on in their home country. This not only allows them to live on in some form, but also gives me a haven for aging top guys that can still go. I'd rather not let the old big names fade into obscurity out of respect, but I know it's best to focus on the sustainable young names.</p><p> </p><p>

So the new All-Japan brand allows me to kill two birds with one stone. AJPW had already lost some big names so they could use the infusion of main eventers. Guys like Hansen, Funk and Brody already have significant popularity in Japan due to their history, and Backlund should fit in just fine over there as well. Plus, the Great Muta has been a clear future world champion for some time in Silver Side but would've had to wait a while as Pillman and Flair's feud will continue being the main thing for a while. So now Muta can be a king in his home country for a while until I'm ready for him to make that last jump. </p><p> </p><p>

I'd actually been slowly building Shinya Hashimoto as a name over in Silver Side but now I can just, let him be a star in All-Japan instead and raise his popularity worldwide in the process. People like Dynamite, Owen, Art Barr and others can also reinvigorate All-Japan's Junior division, and the Malenko Brothers can take over their tag ranks just like they did for Silver Side a year earlier. The Steiner Brothers should have a good time overseas too...</p><p> </p><p>

Yeah, my roster was pretty well-suited to this kind of thing as it turns out! Plus since it helped me get to International, now I can/have signed other great Japanese talents that were free. This was in no way something expected but I think I'm gonna have fun with this!</p>

Crossposting this from the Official Thunderverse thread for those that are interested in reading about a great storyline:

With the game cycle of TEW2016 coming to a close, I wanted to go out with a bang with my longest-running and most fun save I have ever had.

If you've followed the last few months in this thread, then you know I have had a long in-depth game with UPJ. I wanted to put a nice bow on the game before I move on, with Hall of Immortals 2020 being that bow. That completes my fifth full year in the save, my longest game by double the previous.

I want to tell a story about some of the characters. It may sound boring, and maybe I'm just a mark for my own storytelling, but this is something I'm proud of for some reason. I was unemployed IRL for a short time late last year, and so I devoted a lot of energy into TEW as an escape. And once again I'm sitting here in the USA unsure about my future as COVID-19 puts everything in jeopardy. That's okay though, because I get to escape back to TEW more often :D

Anyways, here is my masterpiece, the best story I have ever told in TEW2016.

The Immortal Saga of Erik van Rijn and Oda Yamawaki

The rivalry between current UPJ Heavyweight Champion "The Renegade" Erik van Rijn and Oda Yamawaki really goes back to 2016, when Yamawaki, after winning the Ozeki Summit, beat EVR to win his first world title at Procession of Champions before retaining the title at Hall of Immortals. The thing is, although the match at HOI was for the Heavyweight Championship, it was relegated to the semi-main event slot, with Kintaro Kinjo defeating Juro Deguchi for the UPJ Intercontinental Championship being the main event. This occurred because UPJ did not have enough faith in Oda and EVR at the time to main event their biggest show.

Yamawaki for one reason or another was deemed not truly ready, and the decision was made for him to drop the title to FEARLESS stablemate and former champion Kato just two months later. After short reigns by Kato and Juro Deguchi, Erik van Rijn found himself once again holding the gold after winning at Hall of Immortals 2017, while Yamawaki far down the card, defeating junior stalwart Cameron Cody. While a win at Hall of Immortals is usually a cause for celebration, Oda was clearly frustrated, hanging his head after the match. He was at wits end with UPJ, and with himself.

Erik van Rijn would go on a complete tear after winning at Hall of Immortals 2017, tearing through the competition, including "The Eternal Ace" Kintaro Kinjo, Eikichi Minamoto after he returned home to UPJ, James Gilmour, and HONOUR Heavyweight Champion Nobuhisa Yasutake in a champion vs. champion match. One of his defenses was against Yamawaki, who after pinning EVR in a tour match faced off against him at the 2018 Junior Mountain Cup Finals. EVR was unstoppable in 2018, and even won the Ozeki Summit as well, a rare feat for a reigning champion. Oda's 2018 was once again rough, and in September, FEARLESS big man TOKI INK turned his back on Yamawaki by attacking him and leaving him lying in a bloody mess. TOKI said he was tired of FEARLESS being led by a loser, and he wanted to join a winning team, thus betraying his faction to join RENEGADES, led by The Renegade himself, Heavyweight Champion Erik van Rijn. This seemed to be the turning point for Oda, who showed a newfound ferocity he had never let out before. Oda would go on to beat TOKI INK at Hall of Immortals 2018, still in the undercard, while EVR would defeat Kintaro Kinjo in a banger of a main event. After the conclusion of that match, Oda Yamawaki was shown by the stage staring down EVR with a barbaric scowl.

2019 was a much different year for these competitors. In the first tour, Oda was a different beast, destroying opponents and needing to be pulled off of them after matches by referees and young lions. His faction was tight-knit, with no outsiders even being considered. Yamawaki, along with Sean Girven and Nathan Jordan (Generation Next), Kris Phoenix, and Daijiro Otsuka, were more violent and calculated. Oda would win the 2019 Ozeki Summit in March going undefeated in the tournament, guaranteeing another shot at EVR's gold at Procession of Champions. Not just content with winning the Summit, Oda would also take home the United Cup trophy in May. Winning both meant he was the only contender for the Heavvweight title. At Procession of Champions in July, Oda would finally defeat Erik van Rijn to end his 18-month reign. This was the culmination of the redemption arc, but as wrestling goes, there never truly is an "end" to the story.

Oda would retain against EVR at Hall of Immortals 2019, putting an end to EVR's chances at regaining the title anytime soon. Or was it? The 2020 Ozeki Summit was very unique. While Erik van Rijn would win the B Block, Sean Girven, teammate of Oda, won the A Block. However, an untimely injury prevented Girven from competing in the finals, and who was second in the A Block? Oda Yamawaki. A rematch at the Ozeki Summit Finals was set. The rivalry continued. Erik van Rijn would come out on top, giving him another chance at the gold. Just like Oda Yamawaki the year before, EVR would also win the United Cup, meaning a match between the two was destined, so destined in fact that the two did not want to wait until Procession of Champions, instead the match would occur at June's aptly named Destiny of Wrestling. Erik van Rijn would regain the title, crushing Oda's reign and reigniting the diminishing flame in their bloodfeud. Oda wanted a rematch, but EVR wouldn't give it to him. He claimed Oda would never be the Ace that he wanted to be so badly, instead HE, a gaijin, would be the TRUE Ace.

After antagonizing and attacking EVR all through July, EVR would grant him another match ONLY if he could go through RENEGADES first. It started with Fergus Storm at Procession of Champions, whom Oda disposed of with ease. EVR would retain against FEARLESS member Sean Girven in the main event, as Girven deserved a shot after getting injured before facing EVR in the Summit Finals. At September's Spirit of Fight, Oda would defeat Seven Brandt, the rising star of RENEGADES, while Erik van Rijn would defeat another FEARLESS member in Kato. After the main event, EVR and RENEGADES beat down Kato in order to entice Oda to come out for the save. Kato's partner Goto along with Sean Girven and Nathan Jordan would run down the entranceway, but paused outside the ring. EVR, Brandt, TOKI INK, OMURA and Fergus Storm stood in the ring staring them down. Through the crowd opposite the entranceway came Oda Yamawaki, who slid into the ring and superkicked the back of EVR's head! FEARLESS made quick work of RENEGADES and sent them packing. But the one thing they forgot to pack was the UPJ Heavyweight Championship, which Oda picked up and smiled at. It was clear, Hall of Immortals was official.

At Millenium Dash in October, the FEARLESS team of Oda and Generation Next (Girven/Jordan) defeated the RENEGADES team of EVR, Fergus Storm and Seven Brandt. Oda stood tall once more before the ultimate showdown in November.

The 2020 Hall of Immortals was one for the ages. It was UPJ's highest attendance ever, with 50,000 fans packed into the Saitama SuperTurboDome. It was also the largest buyrate in company history at 0.86. Critics rated the event a 97, giving it a letter score of A+. Most viewers deem it to be the best event ever put on by UPJ, and quite possibly was the best single night of wrestling that has ever happened. Most praise was aimed at the main event, the ultimate showdown in a years-long story. Spectacular entrances by both men. In a fast-paced, hard-hitting, death-defying 25 minutes, Erik van Rijn stood tall, besting his endless rival Oda Yamawaki to retain the UPJ Heavyweight Championship. The match was one for the ages, ending a fantastic show with a 99/A+ rated matchup. Erik van Rijn, in a rare show of respect, threw up a fist at Oda while the challenger looked back at him from the entranceway. Oda returned the gesture with a nod and a little bit of a smirk before heading to the back.

Was this the final chapter in the saga? As I said before, there never is an end to the story in professional wrestling. That's the beauty of it. But this one, this seemed like the swan song. The rivalry that defined a generation in United Promotions Japan. The feud that captivated the wrestling world for five years. It seems like the villain may have won, but is he truly a villain anymore? Five years devoted to one opponent will change a man. Erik van Rijn won his first title at Hall of Immortals by defeating Juro Deguchi. Ever since that day, there was always a "next step." Another challenger, another feud, another match. For the first time, there was no next step. Erik van Rijn stood in that ring, clutching the UPJ Heavyweight Championship he loved so dearly. But as he looked at his opponent walk behind the curtain, he felt empty and full at the same time. You know that weird feeling in your stomach when you finish something, and you don't know what to do with yourself? That was Erik, right there in front of 50,000 people. The journey was over; he reached the end of the pier. All the fame, all the glory, all the success, led to this very moment. While there is never an end to the story in professional wrestling, this was as close to one as it gets.

Congratulations if you've made it all the way to the end of my sappy story :D I love the game a lot, this save especially. I will miss it a lot when TEW2020 comes out. I hope to get an official ThunderVerse release for it at some point

Someone who's objectively got bags of potential and is very over comparative to my roster is about to come loose from SWF

And... I have no idea how I'd use them.

I am conflicted.

Sounds like a guy who could invade your roster and take over. If you want him to be a face, create a heel authority figure who he is fighting against.

I'm booking my yearly tournament for Underground Wrestling Syndicate, the Heatseeker Cup. This year I've decided to expand the event to three nights (a la PROGRESS's Super Strong Style 16). Three nights, sixteen competitors, winner gets a UWS World Title shot against Diablo Duvak at Wrestlepocalypse II. This year there were five entrants from other companies as well as some other guest appearances scheduled for throughout the weekend. I love booking tournaments and I think this is my favorite card so far:

-------------------NIGHT 1-------------------

First Round

MAIN EVENT

Ricky DeColt (CGC) vs. Storm Spillaine (UWS)

White Angel (UWS) vs. Marc Speed (TCW)

Sally Anne Christianson (UWS) vs. Chris Flynn (UWS)

Roderick Remus (MAW) vs. Jamie Atherton (UWS)

Sayeed Ali (UWS) vs. Sonny Wildside (UWS)

Mimic (UWS) vs. Ozzie Golden (UWS)

Antonio Del Veccio (CGC) vs. Lauren Easter (UWS)

Thrill Seeker (UWS) vs. Matt Sparrow (CZCW)

-------------------PLUS-------------------

UWS APEX CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Remmy Skye © vs. Air Attack Weasel (PWMAX)

and

CROSS-PROMOTIONAL TAG TEAM CLASH

Damage Inc. (UWS) vs. Rich and Famous (CZCW)

Has anyone who books WWE ever recreated the Mixed Match Challenge?

I am considering doing a short network special for Mixed Match Challenge 3

Here are the 10 teams I have pencilled in, if it ever came to fruition:

Golden Machinery (Mandy Rose & Otis)

Day One Glow (Jimmy Uso & Naomi)

Ravishing Rusev Day (Lana & Rusev)

Awe-Ska (Asuka & The Miz)

Team Little Big (Alexa Bliss & Braun Strowman)

The Fabulous Truth (Carmella & R-Truth)

Country Dominance (Mickie James & Bobby Lashley)

Sonya Deville & Dolph Ziggler

Charlotte Flair & AJ Styles

Aleister Black & Zelina Vega

Still trying to figure out a team name for the 3 unnamed teams, any ideas would be appreciated

Gods, I started up a female federation in the UK, local, 4 women to start with, so I have a roster of 10 (as there's only 6 people, 7 but I ain't signing Shiori). It expanded to 13 thanks to 1 new Europe person, and 2 Japanese stars being available.

Worked through a whole year already and boy... That female talent pool just isn't getting any bigger. Yeesh.

I want to run weekly shows, but I have to stick to monthly because I don't have enough talent even if I do manage to make it to small. T_T I knew it was gonna be a bad time, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Started a Black Canvas Grappling run for the first time ever to try and restore some damn prestige to Puro what with these guys ruining it and God damn this is a tough company to run.

GCG right away started raiding, stealing away Sojuro Sen, Tanyu Toshusai, Roku Sotomura and worst of all, Razan Okamoto.

I'm losing money hand over fist, my rivals have better production values than me which is hurting my show ratings but I can't afford to improve my own and to top it all off its a constant battle to keep my locker room happy (I prioritised Negotiating rather than leadership and the BCG rules are strict)

I knew it was gonna be tough but damn. Is it always such a difficult start with these guys?

This isn't a complaint btw. I'm digging it but it really does feel like swimming against the tide currently.

Started a Black Canvas Grappling run for the first time ever to try and restore some damn prestige to Puro what with these guys ruining it and God damn this is a tough company to run.

GCG right away started raiding, stealing away Sojuro Sen, Tanyu Toshusai, Roku Sotomura and worst of all, Razan Okamoto.

I'm losing money hand over fist, my rivals have better production values than me which is hurting my show ratings but I can't afford to improve my own and to top it all off its a constant battle to keep my locker room happy (I prioritised Negotiating rather than leadership and the BCG rules are strict)

I knew it was gonna be tough but damn. Is it always such a difficult start with these guys?

This isn't a complaint btw. I'm digging it but it really does feel like swimming against the tide currently.

You need to check out the diary by Southside Hitman. He details an aggressive start with them and it allows you to keep everyone, including making Razan loyal...

ROH, April 2006

A 'Nitro' Boost

After a grueling feud with CZW's Chris Hero, World Champion Bryan Danielson is determined to become the best wrestler in the world by defending the ROH Championship in the US and in Japan. But on his path is hungry newcomer John Hennigan, who's get his eyes set on the belt.

Kind of a placeholder feud, I assume they'll have great matches and elevate the belt a bit. Hennigan is currently set to win a 15-man battle royal at Super Card of Honor to become the number one contender.

More Bang for Your Buck

A few months ago, World Tag Team Champions Generation Next (Austin Aries & Roderick Strong) deplored the lack of competition in the tag team division and launched the ROH Tag Team Invitational, featuring new tag teams from all over the world. That was the cue for the Young Bucks to show up and make this all about them.

The Bucks won the titles at the last PPV from Generation Next, and that punk Nick Jackson took out Austin Aries' knee in a subsequent brawl. Jack Evans, who until now, was treated as the 'third wheel' of the stable will now sub for Aries against the Bucks. They think he's a geek and that Strong will have to win the match by himself to beat them.

I'm thinking title change here, that's the logical development to this story, even though I'm not 100% they'd hold the belts for long.

Uncharted territory

Following the Invitational, two major tag teams also emerged: Steenerico and The Briscoe Brothers. The Briscoes are dead set on making ROH their turf, and they are going to make an example out of Steen & Generico. Obviously, they don't share this vision and intend to teach the Briscoes that they're messing with the wrong guys.

I don't know what I'm going to do with that program. Could go either way I suppose. I've got them set up in tag team street fight at Super Card of Honor and have the winning team challenge for the titles later on.

The Killing Joe

Samoa Joe has been on a freaking rampage. He's undefeated and has made short work of his opponents. This has led to fans chanting 'Joe is gonna kill you' during his matches. Homicide didn't take kindly to this, as he thinks he's the real killer of ROH. Homicide has tried to take out Joe several times in last few months, to no avail. Now payback's coming.

Joe is on a winning streak, and I'm not going to end it anytime soon. That poses the problem of building to rematches without resorting to cheap finishes. I'm thinking a rare DQ here, and the next match will be a good old gimmick brawl.

A new threat

Nigel McGuinness has found a protege in Zack Sabre Jr, a wrestling standout that he personally scouted in England. It's a win-win situation for them: Nigel is the Pure Champion, and Zack acts as his henchman when needed in exchange for experience and exposure. They make it work somehow. With such a perfect match, what could possibly get in the way of their partnership? A young kid named Jon Moxley may have the answer.

Moxley versus McGuinness w/Sabre Jr was an obvious feud in my head. They're scientific, pure wrestlers, and he's the most 'unpure' brawler one can think of. He's a madman. He's going to give them hell.

Of course, it's way too soon to pull the trigger on him, as he's not ready, but I want to establish him as a contender and elevate Sabre to Nigel's level. The problem is I never really cared for the Pure title so it's hard to think of new feuds for that belt in the future. I think Nigel retains and loses a title vs title match against Bryan in a few months.

The Final Run?

Jushin 'Thunder' Liger has arrived in ROH and at 41 years old, is determined to prove his critics wrong. He's not washed up, he's in the best shape of his life and he's going to take on all comers in ROH, because that's where the best competition is. But of course, that's not OK with everyone. Linkorius (my user character) is a young punk who sees ageing legends such as Liger as a waste of space. ROH is about the now, not the 'once upon a time'. Surprisingly, Linkorius won their first match by pulling the tights, but these two are on a collision course, and a second match is brewing.

Jushin Thunder Liger was unemployed. Can you believe that. Like, seriously? I grabbed him as soon as I saw that, and he's been my top performer ever since. I was planning to introduce a new TV title to replace the Pure belt, and so I laid out an entire single elimination tournament for Liger to win the title against Linkorius in the finals. But AJ Styles injured him after a botch during the semifinals. Now Liger is out two weeks, and I have to decide whether I delay the finals or have an alternate first champion.

In my head, Liger was always going to be the first champion against Linkorius, hence why he lost in their first match, but now I'm second guessing myself a little.

And so that's what's happening in my game!

Starting to build up a head of steam with USPW after booking the first month as I've got a number of ideas pouring through.

Heavy Machinery debuted at Stars, Stripes and Slams ending the tag match in a no contest as they took out Natural Storm and the Cold Warriors. The team of Bulldozer Brandon and Steamroller Samson (Findlay) have put the tag division on notice with Eric Tyler as their mouthpiece.

Danny Jillefski has stepped away from the announce desk and is hyping the soon to happen debut of The Rock City Stars. Also got Blue Thunder (El Mitico Jr.) and White Lightning (Mr Lucha III) in the sidelines to debut soon. No prizes for guessing their name.

Frehley retained the title vs Champion as their feud rolls on. All titles were retained at Stars, Stripes and Slams. Casey Valentine is fighting off Enygma to keep the TV Title. He's recruited Charlie Thatcher as his muscle man and enforcer.

A patriotic hero known as Mr. America will appear soon (Roger Cage in a mask) with off the charts charisma and promos. Not sure if he'll get involved in the James Justice & The Force vs The Titans feud or whether he becomes a for-hire superhero (like the for-hire APA) to ease him in before he hopefully catches fire.

I've signed up Marat Khoklov (obviously) to an exclusive PPA deal to help with the National Battles. He's not debuted yet but he'll show up during the main event of Red, White and Blue in the fatal 4 way cage match. He'll debut, much like how Big Show did, by coming up through the ring mat to clean house and pave the way for Rich Money to become World Champ as he looks to establish dominance.

He'll now have Joss Thompson and Marat Khoklov in his Big Bucks Business stable. He'll also be recruiting a young renegades by the name of Ambrose Abbott (Kirk Jameson) and Jack Couture (Ernest Youngman) to bulk out the stable and build up new talent.

*Jameson is a dead cert. Youngman is depending upon if he has tag chemistry with Jameson or Thompson as House shows have show that Jameson and Thompson have awful chemistry.

Hell's Bouncer is in development and will debut in good time joining Tyson Baine (who isn't in decline yet). Hell's Bouncer will either go by the name Hell Hound or Beelzebob. Any other name suggestions are welcomed.

Also naturally, the women's division has been bulked out with Joanne Rodriguez and Sara Marie York soon to appear. With Alicia Strong returning soon the women's division is going to be on fire! I've hired Fuyoka Higa but she's not even debuted yet and is already fighting backstage.

I probably wouldn't invoke Beelezebub with Hell's Bouncer for the simple reason Baine's old ring name was BLZ Bubb. Depends on if that immersion factor matters to you but Cverse fans 'in universe' would be all over that.

Good call. I'd recently been playing a save with the 97' C-Verse and it didn't even click with me. An alternative it shall be then.

Currently doing a 2001 WCW save

WCW title scene Booker T was stripped of his WCW (and US) title(s) following his injury, with Sting and Scott Steiner facing off to become the first champion of the new look WCW. Sting won and went on to give Booker his rematch upon his return from injury. Sting won a hard fought victory only for Booker to claim that ring rust was his downfall. Sting has now offered him a second rematch at the next PPV. With four weeks of warm up matches ahead, will Booker be able to claim the belt?

US title scene Double J became the new champion when Booker has to forfeit his title and was set to face Rey in his first title defence. This was interrupted by Bam Bam who promptly attacked Rey whilst JJ was on the ropes. This lead to a short feud between the highflyer and the powerhouse whilst JJ defended his belt against Animal. Rey took care of Bam at Great American Bash - giving me the chance to send Bam to rehab. This impressive victory will set up the Rey v JJ rematch.

TV title scene After reintroducing the TV title, Douglas won a battle royale to become the first champion. New GM Dusty Rhodes then declared that 10 straight defences earns the holder the right to challenge for any title they wish. Currently sitting on 5 with a potential tenth lining up with the next PPV, could we see Douglas earn the right to challenge for another title?

Tag title scene Palumbo and O'Haire have been very impressive during their tag team reign, but that may be about to come to an end thanks to a newly focused Totally Buffed who are set to win a tag tournament with title implications at stake.

Ric Flair and the New Four Horsemen The best to ever do it can feel the competition getting away from him. Whilst he might be coming to the twilight of his career, it would be a shame to waste all that knowledge! Flair has taken it upon himself to form a stable that can compete with the best; introducing Ric Flair and the New Four Horsemen. Led by Flair himself, he has taken the natural Dustin Rhodes, Team Canada Lance Storm and Mike Awesome and the future himself AJ styles under his tutorage.

Steiner has a Golden Ticket Steiner didn't take losing to Sting lightly, put into motion an even angrier and scarier Steiner run. His impressive performances was enough to earn him a spot in the upcoming Golden Ticket match (a MITB style match). His impressive performances would continue as he put away 5 others to stake claim to a title shot at a time that suits him and in the process making Steiner the most feared man in wrestling!

Insider knowledge The locker Room Leaders have had enough of being overlooked and have taken it upon themselves to get noticed! First on their agenda, send a message to DDP and Nash who are facing off for a chance at facing Sting for the title. This doesn't sit right with the veteran Insiders who are keen to teach Konnan and Morrus a lesson

The Specialists Tag team specialists Rick Steiner and Animal are forced together as they compete in a tournament for a shot at the tag team titles. With a lifetime of tag experience behind them, is there life in the old dogs yet?

---

So that is what is happening in my game. Not everything is as clear cut as that, especially in the Horsemen storyline as I don't actually have anyone for them to square off against - the plan is an ECW stable with Douglas, RVD, Sabu and maybe Funk, but I think that is more of a second feud type of deal.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know

I've been playing a CV97 save for quite a while. And by that, I mean, my save is up to mid-2018 in-game.

Sheiky (Sheik Ali-al-Avatar, my player character) has been around a lot.

From USPW-OZ (US Pro Wrestle (actually an australian promotion) from 1997 to mid-2001;

then the CWWF from 2003 to mid-2008;

then OLLIE from mid-2008 to mid-2011;

then YEPW from mid-2011 to mid-2013;

and finally, Supernova NuStyle Wrestling (abbreviated to SNNW), from 2015 to current day (ie, mid-2018).

Oh TEW, how you like to mess with my plans.

I had this big plan for Bryan Danielson to have the greatest reign in ROH history, but he and Joe have decided it was a good idea to sign with NJPW and be unavailable for 29 days a month. Oh well.

I had to rethink my entire booking plans, and here's what I came up with.

'Brodie' of work

AJ Styles is a main eventer, but he was lost in the shuffle, between Liger, Hero, Castagnoli, the Young Bucks. He didn't really stand out much. So I had him feud with rookie Brodie Lee. I'm strapping a rocket to this guy. I basically had him debut and call out Styles on being complacent, of not being hungry enough. To prove his point, Brodie Lee repeatedly destroyed Chris Daniels, Styles' tag team partner, even going as far as stabbing him in the eye with a pen. Understandably, Styles was not OK with the repeated murder attempts on his best friend, so he became unhinged, much more vicious than he ever was before.

Meanwhile, at Death Before Dishonor, Bryan Danielson was found bloodied and unconscious. He was so badly injured, in fact, that the ROH world title had to be vacated. Who did this? And why? Nobody has the answer...

Now, we couldn't have our main title remain vacant, could we? A 16-man tournament took place for the belt. AJ Styles went to the finals, facing, you guessed it, Brodie Lee. And thanks to an interference from Chris Daniels, AJ Styles got the pin, the victory, and the World title.

This feud is not yet over. Brodie will claim Daniels interfered in their match and cost him the victory, which he did. I'm thinking he beats him in a number one contender's match and goes on to face Styles a second time in a cage match.

Blood is thicker than water

The Briscoe brothers have made it clear ROH is their turf. Since debuting, hey have taken out Steenerico, beat Generation Next for the tag titles, and retained their belts against The Young Bucks and DIY. They've almost run out of challengers. Almost: Chuck Taylor and Trent are best friends, and they intend to prove that their bond is stronger than the Briscoe's, and they want to take their titles to prove it.

I don't think Best Friends will win the belts here, they're placeholder opponents until the Motor City Machine Guns come together. Speaking of...

Roode Awakening

Chris Sabin was one of the 16 guys in the world title tournament. He lost in a first-round match against El Generico after an attack from Bobby Roode. You see, Roode couldn't get over the fact that Sabin was in this tournament but he wasn't. And don't get him wrong, Sabin is a good hand, a pretty good talent, but he's not great. The biggest problem with Chris Sabin is that he is not Bobby Roode.

This feud's main purpose is to bring the Motor City Machine Guns together. I'm planning to have Roode beat up Sabin in Michigan, and then ask "is that the best you've got, Detroit?". Cue Alex Shelley's music and watch these two become one of the best tag teams in ROH. Will they be the ones to dethrone the Briscoes? I think so!

Feel the Sting

I like myself some Stinger. And it shows: after three matches with ROH, he's already World TV champion. He's my biggest star (and also the most expensive one), so I had to make my investment worthwhile. His role is to make the TV belt. I'm going to feed him upper midcarders for a while and then have him drop the title to Brodie Lee. I can already see him throwing a fit, having to put over this indy guy. But that's a problem for future me. Right now, Sting he's on a collision course with John Hennigan, who thinks of himself as the Sting of the 2000s, minus the 'stupid' facepaint. Sting was a surfer, Hennigan is a beach god! Sting came from the rafters, Hennigan comes from the sky. That feud's gonna be fun!

Do I know who attacked Bryan? You know it! I don't want to give a spoiler, but I think the reveal is going to be phenomenal, if you catch my drift.

I'm on Nitro away from my next PPV and the line up looks like this

WCW title: Sting © v Booker T - Steiner will cash in his guaranteed title shot to win the belt

US title: JJ © v Rey - Rey was due to win but he's just failed a test for steroids. Going to give JJ the dirty win

Tag titles: Palumbo & O'Haire v Totally Buffed w/ Stacy Kiebler - the titles are moving to Totally Buffed. They are main even level popular but not good enough to main event as singles

Insiders v Looker Room Leaders - LRL have tormented the Insiders for months so the veterans will get the win

TV title: Shane Douglas v Dustin Rhodes - this match up isn't finalised but Douglas will attempt his 10th defence and with it earn a WCW title shot. Whoever he faces will beat him

There may also be a Kanyon squash and/or a Helms cruiserweight title match but not sure yet.

---

Going forward:

WCW title: Steiner will gloat over his cheap victory leading the rematch at the next PPV. But something weird seems to be haunting Sting. What or who could it be?

US title: Booker has come up short in his pursuit to reclaim his WCW title twice now, but the US title he was forced to forfeit isn't a bad backup. Will JJ be able to keep the momentum going and the belt around his waist?

Rey looked certain to win the US title until JJ claimed the cheap win. Will he be able to bounce back against the former ECW champion RVD?

Kanyon has been putting away anyone brave enough to climb in the ring with him, but how will he fare against someone how own size (I'll be honest, I don't know who he will face yet)

---

A few rough ideas there and things may change by the time Ive gotten around to booking the next PPV. I also need to think of something for DDP and Nash to do. I might make Kanyon go after (and over) Nash.