The Road to Glory Challenge

Add me as well....

Kevin Cumpton Booker of the Honor Wrestling Federation located in the North West

Owner Alvin Lavin

Currently in September of 2016 doing CV 2016

I'm about 40k in the hole so I might just start spamming shows to grow in size so I have more options for my next company. I started with horrible economy and bad industry but they are currently on the upswing. I don't know if this company will make the 18 month limit but I will have a better idea the closer we get.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright finally got my RtG game up and going. I was trying to wait for a few patches because things always just get changed but I couldn’t. So here we go. I am using the CVerse '97 data mostly cause an 18 years would only be about 2 years younger than my actual age at the time so I can pretend its me.

Company Name: Adrenaline Wrestling Experience

Initials: AWE

Location: Tri-State (Yes I know I’m hamstringing myself by throwing into the most populated set of regions.)

Product: New York Underground

Key: Cult

Heavy: Modern, and Daredevil

Medium: Traditional, and Lucha Libre

Low: Mainstream, Comedy, Risqué, Realism, Hardcore, and Pure

Intensity 75%

Danger 80%

Match Ratio 90%

No Face/Heel

No Women (for now)

No T&A

Worker

Lobo Solitario

Lightweight Japanese Junior

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i312/Apupunchau/Lobo_zpsy9kpx84l.png

Note: I have stat variation on so it added a point to Star quality and took one away chain wrestling

Roster

Chris Morrisette Main Eventer Face Legitimate Athlete

Kamau (Formerly R.T. Kayfabe) Main Eventer Face African Warrior

Black Eagle Main Eventer Heel Thrill Seeker

Angry Gilmore Main Eventer Heel Traditionalist

Canadian Superstar II Upper Midcarder Face Patriot

Abrafo (formerly The Wizard of Ottawa) Upper Midcarder Face African Warrior

Whippy the Clown Upper Midcarder Face Clown

Human Arsenal Upper Midcarder Heel Machine

Rolling Johnny Stones Midcarder Face Legitimate Athlete

Flex Midcarder Heel Fitness Freak

Lobo Solitario Midcarder Heel Loner

Acid Midcarder Heel Show Stealer

Don't worry I was skimming through and at first I thought the exact same thing! I love CV 97 and my next RTG will be on that one for sure.

Derek does good work. But I also like it cause I would have been 20 in '97 so the user character could be me. Although in reality I didn't start training as a wrestler until I was 33.

That said an my first show wanted to see what a full roster show would cost lost 6423 for the month. But all but one of my workers saw a lot of gains

Derek does good work. But I also like it cause I would have been 20 in '97 so the user character could be me. Although in reality I didn't start training as a wrestler until I was 33.

That said an my first show wanted to see what a full roster show would cost lost 6423 for the month. But all but one of my workers saw a lot of gains

20 huh....I was 9 lol

I was only 3 in 1997.

Still watching WWF at that time! Now my son (9 months) watched his first show earlier this month. My step daughter has been watching over 2 years now and she just turned 5. Definitely a wrestling family!

Anyways... how good is a RTG in 97? Are companies dropping like flies?

I was only 3 in 1997.

Still watching WWF at that time! Now my son (9 months) watched his first show earlier this month. My step daughter has been watching over 2 years now and she just turned 5. Definitely a wrestling family!

I'm only two months in so I don't know yet.

I was only 3 in 1997.

SWF and BHOTWG seemingly bought out any company that had a modicum of value in my game.

I was 4 in 1997, so I'm right there with you, but I remember the screw job like it was yesterday...

I was only 3 in 1997.

I'm 18 months into an RTG in the 97 mod and it's awesome! Companies dropped fast prior to the patch when the owner aggression got toned down but aren't doing so badly now.

I'm 18 months into an RTG in the 97 mod and it's awesome! Companies dropped fast prior to the patch when the owner aggression got toned down but aren't doing so badly now.

Hmmm which patch? I remember Supreme and Burning Hammer going crazy on small companies, but I honestly have no way of knowing which patch that was.

The 1997 mod was my first real experience with the CV. It took me 6 years to complete RTG using it. I had a lot of fun, despite the fact that it was a rough first 4 years or so because I didn't give myself any points in the ring because my character was a high school athlete that never had formal training.

http://i.imgur.com/PxzpUxB.png?1

End of Year Five

- It finally happened, lost El Mitico Jr. TCW came in and swooped him, looking to rebound in the National Battles. Worse yet is that they also stole Sunny Wildside - who I had picked up years ago and built up as the replacement for when El Mitico would inevitably be taken. He actually got to 90 pop in Great Lakes and was primed for a World Title feud. That one hurt the most. :(

- Only managed to run 7 shows this year, the Economy and Industry was so bad that the only way I would break even is if I sold the show out (which I did last 4 months) or I pissed off 80% of the roster. Economy and Industry are on the rebound now so hopefully I can get to Regional finally.

- Picked up Matty Faith who was released from SWF (became an incredible worker). WCCW needs a little bit of faith atm.

- UC didn't even make it onto the Power 500. Shows how little events we held.

Year 6 Goals

- Get to Regional, please.

Rolled 26, which is ok-ish. Added all 10 to Power since I don't need more stamina.

End of Year Rolls

1. (15) "+20 to your steroid use checkbox"

2. (44) "Go up one level of weight class or body type.

3. (33) “Makeover Time” +14 Sex Appeal, +11 Star Quality, +7 menace

4. (44) “Go up one level of weight class or body type.

5. (07) "That Loving Feeling" Dating Marina Del Ray

6. (26) "10+ to Physical skills (10 to Power)

I'd also be interested in how your workers fare physically with that product. Do you expect a lot of injuries?

First injury because Canadian Superstar botched a move. Flex wil be injured for 3 months but he can still work. I'll probably mostly keep him out of the ring though.

Ok been entertaining this idea for a while and I'm pretty sure it's the only way my local company is going to survive (And that is a big if). I'm going to go from running one show a month to running a WWE schedule.

5 shows a week (will be brand splitting so I don't break my roster). I figure the worst that can happen is the HWF will go bankrupt which will happen if I stay on the current trend anyway and best case scenario is that I have the fastest rising promotion in the United States with the most seasoned talent. The big leagues can only poach me so much before they run out of room so I guess I will just be manufacturing talent at some point until I can actually keep stars. I'm now in November of 2016 with -44k in debt.....wish me luck

Ok been entertaining this idea for a while and I'm pretty sure it's the only way my local company is going to survive (And that is a big if). I'm going to go from running one show a month to running a WWE schedule.

5 shows a week (will be brand splitting so I don't break my roster). I figure the worst that can happen is the HWF will go bankrupt which will happen if I stay on the current trend anyway and best case scenario is that I have the fastest rising promotion in the United States with the most seasoned talent. The big leagues can only poach me so much before they run out of room so I guess I will just be manufacturing talent at some point until I can actually keep stars. I'm now in November of 2016 with -44k in debt.....wish me luck

Good luck.

And just since we are on the topic, running a ton of shows is the way to go for this challenge in my opinion. You might run yourself into a load of debt initially, but once your shows begin being profitable it is very easy to dig yourself out of the hole as long as you don't go overboard on increasing production.

In addition the growth your character will see by being in so many matches/angles can make for insane skill growth.

Running 3 shows a week I dug myself out of debt by September, however I had the favourable sponsorship patch for most of it. On the other hand I also had a 12-16 person roster and was using every wrestler on every show. Could probably get out of debt earlier if you use talent more efficiently.

Currently running 6 shows a week to speed up my rise to cult. Got one brand working my home region 3 times a week, and a second brand working a second region. (CV 97 mod) Rip Chord was involved in a scandal and released by HGC so I am hoping I can get to cult and lock him down before any other company is interested in him again.

I agree running many shows a week is an easier path, but I find it very unrealistic for a small company. So I try to run a realistic schedule, but now that I'm chasing cult I do 5 shows a month: one weekly and one annual monthly event, before that I did 2 shows a month or 3 at most.

I entered 2022 with my annual finale event, a Japanese style New Year's Eve show called Superclash. It culminated a six month feud between my UC and Monty Trescarde who is amazing btw.

http://i.imgur.com/SemqWYD.jpg

In August 2016 currently, have been running 2 shows a month and by only paying four wrestlers a show have never gone more than $5,000 in debt. Economy is tanking, so I might have to drop to one show a month for a bit. I definitely feel running multiple shows a week is unrealistically gamey.

Once I finish my current run I might start again and see how the patches have affected low level companies, but in my attempts prior to my current game running multiple shows a month seemed to be the only way for the starting company to survive.

I am curious if it is possible to book anywhere near 'realistically', 1 or 2 shows a month, 4 or so matches per card using different workers in each. If anyone is going along these lines I am curious to hear how it is going.

Running many shows a week/month is definitely overpowered, but I can't bring myself to book a 4 man show. I couldn't ever imagine a real company doing it and being even halfway successful with it.

But on how overpowered running loads of shows can be:

http://i.imgur.com/vlKuU6K.png?1

Hitoshi Hori (performing under a mask as Dragon Takashi) : SHOOT - Regional

Game date: January 1998 (1 year in)

Best UC Match so far: vs. Human Arsenal (December 1997) - A (90)

Year 1 Roll:

34. “Healing Hands” Over the holiday season you book yourself in for several massages and physio appointments. +7.5 to all Physical Condition.

Could have done with a top-row stat boost, but after a long year I won't complain at being able to get my physicals back to near perfect.

In August 2016 currently, have been running 2 shows a month and by only paying four wrestlers a show have never gone more than $5,000 in debt. Economy is tanking, so I might have to drop to one show a month for a bit. I definitely feel running multiple shows a week is unrealistically gamey.

Oh trust me I agree its very gamey and I don't think any sane person would say Hmmm I'm losing about 4,000 dollars every show so if I run a bunch I might eventually make money?...but at the same time I don't see another way to survive in terrible economy. If I had a better starting economy I would have been out of the hole by now but as soon as I hit November and I see I'm still losing money playing it safe I have no other choice.

Once I finish my current run I might start again and see how the patches have affected low level companies, but in my attempts prior to my current game running multiple shows a month seemed to be the only way for the starting company to survive.

I am curious if it is possible to book anywhere near 'realistically', 1 or 2 shows a month, 4 or so matches per card using different workers in each. If anyone is going along these lines I am curious to hear how it is going.

Running many shows a week/month is definitely overpowered, but I can't bring myself to book a 4 man show. I couldn't ever imagine a real company doing it and being even halfway successful with it.

But on how overpowered running loads of shows can be:

http://i.imgur.com/vlKuU6K.png?1

Hitoshi Hori (performing under a mask as Dragon Takashi) : SHOOT - Regional

Game date: January 1998 (1 year in)

Best UC Match so far: vs. Human Arsenal (December 1997) - A (90)

Year 1 Roll:

34. “Healing Hands” Over the holiday season you book yourself in for several massages and physio appointments. +7.5 to all Physical Condition.

Could have done with a top-row stat boost, but after a long year I won't complain at being able to get my physicals back to near perfect.

I don't see it as being overly unrealistic. A brand new "company" with an 18 year old booker is probably a guy with a few of his friends saying "Let's throw each other around in the backyard and call it wrestling". The eight people that show up to the first show are probably all close friends or relatives of the workers. The idea of friends who just doing it for fun and then realize that maybe they can grow something after running a few shows and getting friends of friends to show up and handing out some posters doesn't seem overly unrealistic.

End of Year 7 (January 2004 now in the CV97 game). Company is very profitable and putting on great shows but it'll still take a lot of time to grow even to just Cult. It was a pretty rough year as HGC grew to National and SWF grew to International and destroyed a good portion of my roster. HGC ended up with my mentor Barry Bowen (who I inducted into my company's HoF) and Jack Giedroyc while SWF took Masaturo Katoka, Ultima, Barry Kingman and Outbacker Harris. HGC fell back to Cult but hasn't given up anyone. Really missing those microphone tips from Bowen so hoping that fall will encourage a change in booker eventually :p.

Currently the #7 company in the world and 3rd in the U.S. though. There's an intense amount of Regional battles going on. CZCW declared war on me and USPW, NYCW and World of Fighters are all hostile right now. The COTT Alliance doesn't look too promising. Currently have a deal for events that covers the North West, Great Lakes and New England so Cult should be attainable by the end of this game year. Up to 73 pop in the North West now and could probably run two shows a week and still stay super profitable.

Even though some of our talent got raided, we still have a lot of guys in the top 100 of the Power 500.

#19 - Pepper Vain (UC)

#23 - Alexander Robinson

#36-#40 Tana The Mighty, El Bandido, Richard Coleman, Kashmir Singh

#57 - Harry Wilson

#59 - Lee Bennett (who retired this year and took Joss Thompson as his protege so I keep him around)

#71 - Nathan Black

#73 - Troy Tornado

Rolled a 36. Had 94 Face and 87 Heel so I got them both up to 100. My gimmick ratings haven't moved though, wondering why that is.

End of Year 8

Roll was 53 - Adding it all to Star Quality. Hoping I don't end up getting called away for a movie though.

A crazy year, BHOTWG went under but still won Company of The Year, HGC rose to National and then fell back to Cult and SWF fell to National. We are the #5 company in the world in importance and #3 in influence. My UC also won match of the year with a 99 rated match with Kashmir Singh. My UC was 6th on the Power 500 and Singh was 8th.

Lots of injuries including my avatar's first missed shows. Tana The Mighty botched on me and I was out for 16 days. I jobbed him out for a couple months as punishment. I signed Big Cat Brandon after BHOTWG went under and in his second show, he botched on Richard Coleman and he's out for over a year. Sent Brandon on vacation for six months (Didn't know you could do that at regional) as punishment for him.

Continuing the grind. I should probably run two shows a week at this point so I can get to Cult quicker especially since the big two are falling so there might be a chance at getting the book.