WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="w4lru5" data-cite="w4lru5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Game looks great so far! Loving the new resolution. <p> </p><p> Is there a way to save my shortlist settings? I don't want to get alerts for every category on the list, but having to manually select/deselect the couple things I want every time is annoying.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is being worked on for the next patch.</p>

I’m going to put this here instead of the technical issues because I feel like maybe this is something I’m doing and I’m just stupid. Yesterday when I downloaded the game I copied the default database into a new database and made lots of changes. I deleted all the pregame stuff and added new fighters. Then played through my game. This morning I wanted to make another change. The database is still there but it has gone back to being identical to the default database so all my changes are gone. Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Or are there any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? I don’t think I downloaded the game twice so I’m sure I’m using the right program. There’s a part of me that thinks maybe I didn’t do anything yesterday and I’m just losing my grip on reality. Hopefully it’s something more simple then that.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ash17485" data-cite="Ash17485" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’m going to put this here instead of the technical issues because I feel like maybe this is something I’m doing and I’m just stupid. Yesterday when I downloaded the game I copied the default database into a new database and made lots of changes. I deleted all the pregame stuff and added new fighters. Then played through my game. This morning I wanted to make another change. The database is still there but it has gone back to being identical to the default database so all my changes are gone. Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Or are there any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? I don’t think I downloaded the game twice so I’m sure I’m using the right program. There’s a part of me that thinks maybe I didn’t do anything yesterday and I’m just losing my grip on reality. Hopefully it’s something more simple then that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have likely forgotten to put yourself in admin mode the second time around. There would be a warning when you open the game if you forgot, perhaps you ignored it by accident?</p>

<p>A few small questions and suggestions.</p><p> </p><p>

Are there any risk for a low level regional company that is based in Texas choosing to run events in Nevada?</p><p> </p><p>

And are there any benefits to running events in your company’s home region?</p><p> </p><p>

I hope this is already a thing but I feel like running events in high lucrative states should cost more financially (scaled to company size) </p><p> </p><p>

In WMMA 4, playing as a small regional company I was able to just run all my shows way outside my home region and select the most lucrative place to make maximum profit every event. Not saying that I shouldn’t have been able to do such a thing but those places should have been reserved for big fights as a fight that would not draw too much probably wouldn’t make a profit after all the expensive being paid from running an event in a place like NY or Nevada as an outsider.</p><p> </p><p>

Also I think running an event in a company’s home region should boost attendance.</p>

Will adding more injuries in the editor, affect the overall injury frequency? I'm want to add more variety to injuries by just including, say 100 real life injuries types (things ranging from the flu to acl tears, for example. I don't know how the game calculates who and when gets an injury though, and I don't want to add 50 types of knee tears, only to find that means fighters injure their knees 50 times more often.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="klnOmega" data-cite="klnOmega" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will adding more injuries in the editor, affect the overall injury frequency?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nope.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for adding this feature I didn't even know I wanted, btw. It makes a big difference in immersion for me to see that someone is out for 3 months because of a torn meniscus, as opposed to just "medium knee injury".</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also I think running an event in a company’s home base should boost attendance.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Companies are often faceless. Suppose the UFC's home base is the same one as Dana White's, then perhaps you could see an attendance boost. For fighters though I think it's awesome their skills get a small boost to simulate the home crowd, because that truly is a thing, at least in team sports that emphasise the region/city. Here, the crowd should usually roots for the home fighter, even though they will sometimes not even know about it until the annoucement. But the simple uttering of "from San Diego" could immediately flip the crowd in theory, though it'll be hard to pull that off against megastars like McGregor (where the home crowd even mobilizes to support).</p><p> </p><p> Something could be said to give small boosts to international superstars as the effect would be similar to home crowds, but for companies I doubt that makes a difference. WWE won't pull higher numbers in Connecticut either, and IF they somehow do it'll be because of Trips and Vince who are visible, not because of "WWE".</p>

Companies are often faceless. Suppose the UFC's home base is the same one as Dana White's, then perhaps you could see an attendance boost. For fighters though I think it's awesome their skills get a small boost to simulate the home crowd, because that truly is a thing, at least in team sports that emphasise the region/city. Here, the crowd should usually roots for the home fighter, even though they will sometimes not even know about it until the annoucement. But the simple uttering of "from San Diego" could immediately flip the crowd in theory, though it'll be hard to pull that off against megastars like McGregor (where the home crowd even mobilizes to support).

Something could be said to give small boosts to international superstars as the effect would be similar to home crowds, but for companies I doubt that makes a difference. WWE won't pull higher numbers in Connecticut either, and IF they somehow do it'll be because of Trips and Vince who are visible, not because of "WWE".

UFC is based in Vegas. Company base could be used more than just cosmetics. A small attendance boost could simulate loyal/cult fans in the region. This really wouldnt matter that much for a big company like UFC or WWE (besides in TEW depending on the mod and era, it’s not out of the norm for WWE to have more popularity in the tristate region; simulating this effect) small regional companies in real life are region specific and have fighters from the area.

It might pay to clarify, as there is no "Add" button, only "Save", which with the way the screen responds to other clicks, implies that we are only editing the currently selected class.

It works the way you intend, but isn't apparent in its current presentation.

Yep. That's how it works. I'm fine with it because it was in the last game, but it is confusing and there should be a help button.

I agree with this to an extent however there is something to be said about small companies of all sorts having more customer familiarity in their home base/region. To use a real world example in MMA is Strikeforce. Even though they had a deal with a major broadcaster and were at one point the second biggest MMA company, they were still for all intents and purposes, many levels below the UFC. So what they did is build a core following in their Base city by having fighters of that region perform on the undercard. Hell the UFC didnt even run any events in that city until after Strikeforce died bc it was a "Strikeforce" city. All that to say that it wouldn't be unrealistic for a small promotion to have boosts for holding events in their base region.

Since it got buried I will ask again as I am still curious.

Is there a spot to see more detail on what each persona is. I am sure they are all pretty straightforward, but I still wouldn't mind a bit more clarification.

No, there isn't. I thought they were all fairly self-explanatory from the name, but if you have specific ones you don't understand I'd be happy to elaborate.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, there isn't. I thought they were all fairly self-explanatory from the name, but if you have specific ones you don't understand I'd be happy to elaborate.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The two that I was wondering about were Aggressive and Annoying.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Afroduck" data-cite="Afroduck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The two that I was wondering about were Aggressive and Annoying.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would think Aggressive would be someone like Cody Garbrandt and Annoying would be Brendan Schaub (I find him annoying).</p>

<p>Ya I was thinking aggressive would be a guy that's really in your face, but I don't know if that would include stuff like trash talk because that would fall more into troll. </p><p> </p><p>

Annoying is the hardest one to pin down. Using your Brendan Schuab comparison you could also put him as Egomaniacal as he is a bit cocky which I also find annoying.</p>

<p>I guess call outs works only with the rankings ? I tried a one night tournament, and the winner of the tournament called out the loser of the other semi-final, which seems a little unrealistic to me ?</p><p> </p><p>

First semi : A vs B (A wins)</p><p>

Second semi : c vs D (C wins)</p><p>

Final : A vs C (A wins and calls out D)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Playing as KDM FC I have broadcasting deals with SportTube and SportsAsiaCast. The former shows my events for free while the latter is a ppv carrier. <p> Is there any drawback for showing my events on both channels? Will the ppv numbers take a hit?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you showcase it for free on sportstube, I'm pretty sure you won't get any PPV buys because why would anyone buy a PPV when they can watch it for free? I think I tried this one time and that's how it turned out but my memory is a little foggy.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="caspian2" data-cite="caspian2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Been trying to import my WMMA4 database of over 600+ custom fighters. Is there any way to mass edit their debut dates / birth dates? Could an option be made available?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Editor > Characters - Mod Maker +</p><p> </p><p> Value To Adjust birth/debut date in the pull down menu, select the fighters you want it to apply to, set the date and click Set All To.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Undertaker666" data-cite="Undertaker666" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Editor > Characters - Mod Maker +<p> </p><p> Value To Adjust birth/debut date in the pull down menu, select the fighters you want it to apply to, set the date and click Set All To.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks man. Will try later!</p>