TEW2020 Discussion Thread

No what you described is a fan of a particular style of wrestling. And to say Daniel Bryan didn't have a watchable match prior to joining the. WWE is patently false.

A Smark is defined (and this is coming from someone who has was around when the term came about) as a fan or mark who thinks they are smart to the business and because they know insider terms. Like psychology and what it means when it pertains to wrestling. While never actually being trained to.be a wrestler.

So pretty much 99% of internet wrestling fans. So what you described is not a smark, it is just a fan who doesn't like what you do. Different strokes for different folks.

And to your comment on Reigns and Cena being more athletic then say Gargano or Bryan. That isn't true, stronger and having a better physique doesn't = more athletic. Is a gymnast less athletic then a pro football player? No they are just athletic in different ways. And again this isn't the place for this conversation. So I will end it here and if you'd like to discuss it further pm me or start a thread in the dog pound.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to jump in again as this has gotten waaaaaaaay off topic from the point of a TEW20 feature and has devolved into a battle of personal opinions no longer relevant to the game. TLCJR4LYFE, this is the second time I'm doing this to a debate you are involved in within a 24 hour period, so please try to keep on point or take these debates to PM.

I'm saying tha publically rather than by PM in the hopes that others will remember that in future too and act accordingly. This is the TEW20 Discussion Thread, one of the key threads for discussion of a future game and as such this particular thread needs to be more on topic for people than the others. I'm usually happy to leave meandering discussions as they are, but this thread is an exception. :)

I want to see the Undertaker tweeting at people like he’s The Iron Sheik in my next game.

Should I like him to Undertaker's instagram or does someone else want to do that?

Keep in mind that this is still time-era locked and tied to personality. It's very unlikely that there is no personality trait, that leads to people not using social media much.

But even then...The Undertaker has been in many interviews, in and out of character. Fans share that stuff via social media, resulting in the same thing

Gonna be interesting to see how that social media stuff works. I'm sure it's like how wrestlers in TEW16 will do an interview in the updates section. I think it's a very cool addition. I also like how it's locked to just modern times. At least with the social media aspect. They could still have wrestlers do interviews in times before the internet & have them put a wrestler over or insult someone.

I love the expanded social media content. I was hoping for something like this and the fact it is an extensive list is amazing. For curiosity sake I wouldn't mind knowing how many potential storylines are attached to it. Wow love to see some of those like .1% storylines that are truly special in those regards that give like a huge bonus or negative.

Will social media features be tied to an era in some way? It would be immersion-breaking to have them any time before ~2010. I like the idea because we've seen a sharp increase in the use of social media to build feuds in recent times, but it definitely doesn't fit much in the past.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piccamo" data-cite="piccamo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will social media features be tied to an era in some way? It would be immersion-breaking to have them any time before ~2010. I like the idea because we've seen a sharp increase in the use of social media to build feuds in recent times, but it definitely doesn't fit much in the past.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Post said it's time locked to modern era</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piccamo" data-cite="piccamo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will social media features be tied to an era in some way? It would be immersion-breaking to have them any time before ~2010. I like the idea because we've seen a sharp increase in the use of social media to build feuds in recent times, but it definitely doesn't fit much in the past.</div></blockquote><p> It was already covered in the previous to this entry that social media will be era based. No worries.</p>

<p>This has probably come up before, but I've been searching and cant find it and cant recall reading it in the journal (So please forgive me if has been asked)</p><p> </p><p>

Has there been a change to Wrestler's being willing to negotiate with companies that are "Too Small"? With recent developments in the real world with Moxley, Jericho etc going off to AEW it seems having the ability to simulate that would be fun - assuming you have the funds to throw around.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vampmon" data-cite="vampmon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This has probably come up before, but I've been searching and cant find it and cant recall reading it in the journal (So please forgive me if has been asked)<p> </p><p> Has there been a change to Wrestler's being willing to negotiate with companies that are "Too Small"? With recent developments in the real world with Moxley, Jericho etc going off to AEW it seems having the ability to simulate that would be fun - assuming you have the funds to throw around.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It hasn’t been discussed in the journal whether that’s changing. I hope it does change though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vampmon" data-cite="vampmon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This has probably come up before, but I've been searching and cant find it and cant recall reading it in the journal (So please forgive me if has been asked)<p> </p><p> Has there been a change to Wrestler's being willing to negotiate with companies that are "Too Small"? With recent developments in the real world with Moxley, Jericho etc going off to AEW it seems having the ability to simulate that would be fun - assuming you have the funds to throw around.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This already works properly in TEW2016.</p><p> </p><p> The issue is that most mods and the C-Verse in particular rarely have situations where a worker who is ordinarily too big for a company would ever need to sign with a smaller company because he always has other options.</p><p> </p><p> RWC might be a rare exception in that, but almost all historical mods are going to have several bigger companies at once including the Japanese companies and usually at least a cult level EMLL.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> But you can just see this, if you leave Marat Khoklov and he never comes out of hiatus and for some reason sometimes the AI just ignores him because he’s on hiatus, when he comes back he will negotiate with you even at regional if your momentum is high enough. I can literally sign him right now in my QAW game and I’ve just hit October of the first year.(I won’t because he’s male)</p>

Only a quick suggestion: what do you think of workers transfer market? Something like you have to pay a certain amount of money to buy a contract of a worker that has a written deal with a company or to make a list of unwanted workers you want to sell and other companies can make offers to you to buy their contracts?

I think it's a little bit boring to wait until a worker contract is 3 months to expire to engage a bidding war with other feds... but I know the actual system feels more realistic.

From an Italian fan that loves Sir Ryland's works from EWR and can't wait to have his hands on TEW 2020!

Gonna be interesting to see how that social media stuff works. I'm sure it's like how wrestlers in TEW16 will do an interview in the updates section. I think it's a very cool addition. I also like how it's locked to just modern times. At least with the social media aspect. They could still have wrestlers do interviews in times before the internet & have them put a wrestler over or insult someone.

This made me think that it would be cool to have these interviews stored in the workers profile.

For example, if so and so worker goes on an interview show and says "I really enjoy working against smaller workers", that would be stored into like a "media comments" section on their profile or something. And possibly give that worker a small bump in morale every time he is in a match with a smaller worker as well.

This made me think that it would be cool to have these interviews stored in the workers profile.

For example, if so and so worker goes on an interview show and says "I really enjoy working against smaller workers", that would be stored into like a "media comments" section on their profile or something. And possibly give that worker a small bump in morale every time he is in a match with a smaller worker as well.

Extra cool (but unlikely aesthetic feature) if the "media comment" section has the UI and look of a smartphone so you feel like you are going through the worker's Twitter account or something akin to that when you are checking what he has said to the media.

<p>A couple of things I'd really like to see are:</p><p> </p><p>

- Stables across allied promotions. Example would the the Bullet Club being seen in several promotions irl.</p><p> </p><p>

- Also, defending a promotion's belt in a different promotion's show. For Alliances</p><p> </p><p>

-</p>