What do you do playing TEW that you think no one else does?

I'm pretty meticulous with my Human Resources. I keep a clipboard and 2 sheets of paper that break out everything for me, so I know how many of each I have and what I pay them.

For the workers, I try to keep a balance of heels and faces, per level (Main Event, MidCard, etc). For the non-ring workers I'm always trying to slightly up my game where I can, constantly shelving folks who are not terribly skilled but too expensive a lump sum to fire.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed in my current 2014 Real World Save that I almost never have a match go less then ten minutes. Even High Spots or Steal the shows matches usually go 13 or 14 minutes. It's only when I have a really loaded show that I'll cut any match lower then ten minutes and that happens every two months or so.

I'm not sure if it's just my real life preference for long, epic NJPW/AJW-Style matches or if it's a game mechanic thing because I do know I've never gotten high ratings for sub-ten minute matches.

That could just be me booking things incorrectly or the style of promotion I tend to run.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigINMoldova" data-cite="BigINMoldova" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Even High Spots or Steal the shows matches usually go 13 or 14 minutes. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How long do most people have steal the show matches go? Am I missing something with this aim?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigINMoldova" data-cite="BigINMoldova" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've noticed in my current 2014 Real World Save that I almost never have a match go less then ten minutes. Even High Spots or Steal the shows matches usually go 13 or 14 minutes. It's only when I have a really loaded show that I'll cut any match lower then ten minutes and that happens every two months or so.<p> </p><p> I'm not sure if it's just my real life preference for long, epic NJPW/AJW-Style matches or if it's a game mechanic thing because I do know I've never gotten high ratings for sub-ten minute matches.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If I'm looking for a high rating, I make it over 10 minutes. Most of the time when I'm booking my undercard, I have no need for high ratings, so those matches can go 5-10. Raising momentum, popularity, tag experience & skills are more important on those.</p><p> </p><p> I do get better ratings for short High Spots matches if the wrestlers aren't as good. Shoddy cardio? Low consistency? Zero psychology? You're going 6. Gimme flips.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How long do most people have steal the show matches go? Am I missing something with this aim?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I usually book a steal the show match for the 12-15mins. If I'm using the aim then it's either the Main Event or an Opener that I want to pull the big grade with. Never do this with anybody I don't trust to tear the house down, extra true the higher your default work rate is.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you go back to those Okerlund/Mooney days or did you pick up wrestling later? I can certainly understand that perspective if you don't date back to the days when such segments were common. You're looking at them in gamey terms and through that prism your objection is reasonable. <p> </p><p> However, not only did these segments keep fueds that weren't being featured hot but they made the show feel bigger because more was going on and being addressed than if they didn't exist. For more recent examples, look at the news center segments ROH did on TV when they were working to establish ladies like Veda Scott and Mandy Leon. Or MLW's when they are building to a show they intend to be PPV-like. They may not have directly mimic the Update segments of old. But they have a similar effect in giving you reason to look forward to seeing guys who aren't on the current episode the next time they are on. Those effects should be seen as valuable assets to your game. Especially if you're playing to get to the top of the food chain.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My absolute favorite thing in wrestling is the Okerland "So what do you think about what's going on with [Hogan/Savage Feud]" promo. </p><p> </p><p> It made you feel like these guys existed in the same world. Who cares about your little tussle with The Bushwackers, Randy Savage just got bit by a friggen cobra. Get that over, FFS. </p><p> </p><p> It really does help out a lot, particularly for babyface guys who can cut a promo, but maybe are just coming in the door, or aren't featured in anything special atm. It also gives your interviewers opportunities to show some character. Have a back-and-forth, and talk like humans. Literally, everybody wins, and I miss these days quite a bit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My absolute favorite thing in wrestling is the Okerland "So what do you think about what's going on with [Hogan/Savage Feud]" promo. <p> </p><p> It made you feel like these guys existed in the same world. Who cares about your little tussle with The Bushwackers, Randy Savage just got bit by a friggen cobra. Get that over, FFS. </p><p> </p><p> It really does help out a lot, particularly for babyface guys who can cut a promo, but maybe are just coming in the door, or aren't featured in anything special atm. It also gives your interviewers opportunities to show some character. Have a back-and-forth, and talk like humans. Literally, everybody wins, and I miss these days quite a bit.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I really like that approach. Also makes the big feuds feel bigger.</p><p> </p><p> I suppose you could flip it as well and have main eventers talking about a lower card feud to set up future programmes / elevate those feuds.</p>

<p>Use brand specific pictures and title specific photos for the champions, carrying them on their shoulder. </p><p> </p><p>

Hold two non wrestling shows, one called Total Superstars which is an extreme version of a Total Bellas type show and 205 which is an actual sci fi series. Neither of them have actual wrestling.</p>

I got a real weird save on mine where I made a developmental territory for NOTBPW and put Daredevil Aeoo and Lucas Danger in it. Jumped ship and fast forward to ten years later and they are both Main Eventers and D.A. is the number #11 wrestler in the world and 20% on his way to become a Hall of Immortals inductee

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dourvas" data-cite="Dourvas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Use brand specific pictures and title specific photos for the champions, carrying them on their shoulder. <p> </p><p> Hold two non wrestling shows, one called Total Superstars which is an extreme version of a Total Bellas type show and 205 which is an actual sci fi series. Neither of them have actual wrestling.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How do u book it? What do you mean extreme?</p>

In my local to global promotion I have a spread sheet I have a league hats lasts 10 months which scores (3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss if loser didn't get pinned and 0 points for the loser) that ends in a play off best of 5 series between the top 10 in the league leading to my version on wrestlemania "final Round" for the men's women's singles and tag divisions. The bottom 5 in the league get fired and I bring in 5 new wrestlers each year for both divisions.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="welshlewis91" data-cite="welshlewis91" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my local to global promotion I have a spread sheet I have a league hats lasts 10 months which scores (3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss if loser didn't get pinned and 0 points for the loser) that ends in a play off best of 5 series between the top 10 in the league leading to my version on wrestlemania "final Round" for the men's women's singles and tag divisions. The bottom 5 in the league get fired and I bring in 5 new wrestlers each year for both divisions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Also only in PPVs wins are +15points and -15 for a loss and I have a mid card booster title (only top 13 can challenge can compete for it</p><p> so the champion has to defend it each PPV its a 25+ win and -25 loss it's great for underdog story lines for almost every one a where the title has a red pill blue pill scenario with the chance of making the play offs or maybe shooting down into the bottom 5. </p><p> </p><p> Its annoying keeping tabs on the points but the table creates it's own story lines.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Something I started recently is after getting fired of having to add a distraction or interference for literally every match thats in a story to avoid a big penalty each time is adding an announcer to every storyline im running. It allows me to just run matches while also adding the realistic aspect of commentary talking the worker up and the storyline itself during a match without having to add some BS during the match itself.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This seems so obvious in hindsight, and it's an absolute Godsend. Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nerodragomir1" data-cite="nerodragomir1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46313" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I book NJPW exactly how it was booked in real life. Copy everything from WrestlingData & going through the mid-2000's is ROUGH!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did this for a time with 2004 WWE, got really tough after Eddie's passing</p>