TEW2020 Attribute Suggestion Thread

An interesting idea might be a Rehabilitator or a Mediator kind of trait, where the person could help to "cure" the heavy drinking/drug issues of the other wrestlers over time, similar to someone like how DDP has his own program to help people like jake the snake.

An interesting idea might be a Rehabilitator or a Mediator kind of trait, where the person could help to "cure" the heavy drinking/drug issues of the other wrestlers over time, similar to someone like how DDP has his own program to help people like jake the snake.

I love this.

You could also add its negative counterpart: Enabler, or Bad Influence.

<p><strong>Focused</strong> - This worker prefers to work for a single company and is more likely to sign exclusive deals and less likely to sign a contract if they are already employed.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Multitasker</strong> - This worker is much less likely to sign an exclusive deal and more likely to sign for multiple companies.</p>

While working on my mod I realized that, while we have 'Horndog" & "Unfaithful" to emulate the more promiscuous workers in the wrestling world, there is nothing for those who remain committed to their partners.

Dedicated Partner: This worker is less likely to engage in cheating on their significant other or breaking up/divorcing them.

Till Death Do Us Part: This worker will almost never cheat on their partner, and will be very unlikely to split up from a spouse or dating partner (often leads to engagement). This worker will gain the "Personal Problems" attribute should their spouse/significant other cheat on/leave them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47002" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>While working on my mod I realized that, while we have 'Horndog" & "Unfaithful" to emulate the more promiscuous workers in the wrestling world, there is nothing for those who remain committed to their partners.<p> </p><p> <strong>Dedicated Partner</strong>: This worker is less likely to engage in cheating on their significant other or breaking up/divorcing them.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Till Death Do Us Part</strong>: This worker will almost never cheat on their partner, and will be very unlikely to split up from a spouse or dating partner (often leads to engagement). This worker will gain the "Personal Problems" attribute should their spouse/significant other cheat on/leave them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Came here to recommend this exact thing! Running some watcher games it's kind of annoying how many famous, healthy relationships end in the first 6 months of game time. These attributes you suggested would clear it right up.</p>

Some possible attributes for non wrestlers, like commentators.

Some of these are more important for classic wrestling up until the boom in the 80's, but its still prevalent in Japan and Mexico who often still use announcers from the network they're on that work as news broadcasters giving them an instant credibility as both local celebrity as well as gravitas in what they are saying.

I'm not sure how they could be implemented but just some ideas.

News Background/Credible Voice: Gives announcer instant credibility with audience. If announcer is bad or has public incident they lose credibility

Face for Television attractive person can increase casual viewers

Face for Radio ugly person better heard than seen can effect casual viewer count if not good announcer or lacks credibility.

irritating voice: can turn off casual viewers

straight shooter/sport broadcasting they call it as they see it, like a sportscasting playbyplay.

enthusiastic can increase casual viewers if action meets the enthusiasm of announcer

Celebrity

Local Celebrity: Gives small increase in gate/viewers, bigger the celebrity the bigger the potential pop unless they flop

national celebrity

Worldwide celebrity

Make Up Chair: This worker has a high probability of developing positive relationships with workers of the opposite gender, but said relationships are strictly platonic. As these relationships are platonic, these relationships will be disqualified from leading to any form of cheating or dating.

<p>Was thinking of how to best replicate somebody like Brock Lesnar who often has his best matches against significantly smaller opponents...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Flat-Track Bully:</strong> This worker receives bonuses when wrestling against opponents at least two sizes smaller than they are.</p><p> </p><p>

and the inverse:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>David-vs.-Goliath:</strong> This worker receives bonuses when wrestling against opponents at least two sizes larger than they are.</p><p> </p><p>

Did a quick search of the thread but couldn't find anything about smaller opponents, so I apologize if this has been suggested earlier.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Icon or Legend</span></strong>: meant to simulate the Hulk Hogans, Undertakers, John Cenas, The Rock etc. When you sign one for a one off appearance you get bonuses for attendance and ratings. This separates them from regular workers of the same overness in that these appearances are rare and therefore special. If they appear x times in x time frame the bonus is lost. </p><p> </p><p>

Cverse examples off the top of my head would be Jack Bruce, Christian Faith, Champagne Lover, Skull DeBones. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Beloved Nostalgic Act</strong>: This is someone who's stats wouldn't pop a crowd these days but for whatever reason they are remembered well and the fans like to see them occasionally. So if you sign them for one appearance as a guest the segment rating gets a boost. After two appearances the bonus is lost for 6 months (maybe in a few random cases the fans demand to see more but once or twice is usually enough). The cost to have the worker appear should be adjusted to account for this following (unless its hidden and only revealed when said worker shows up to a big pop). Workers who have a following beyond that should have the appropriate stats to have their segment ratings be correct.</p><p> </p><p>

If there would be any way to run reunion specials these are the people you want to make it special.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Oyaji" data-cite="Oyaji" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47002" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was thinking of how to best replicate somebody like Brock Lesnar who often has his best matches against significantly smaller opponents...<p> </p><p> <strong>Flat-Track Bully:</strong> This worker receives bonuses when wrestling against opponents at least two sizes smaller than they are.</p><p> </p><p> and the inverse:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>David-vs.-Goliath:</strong> This worker receives bonuses when wrestling against opponents at least two sizes larger than they are.</p><p> </p><p> Did a quick search of the thread but couldn't find anything about smaller opponents, so I apologize if this has been suggested earlier.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yannow what's interesting is I recall in previous games, one of the random little news tidbits you could see were interviews where people admitted to working better against larger/smaller opponents. I'm not sure if that's still around as a hidden feature or not, or if that was even more than fluff before in the first place but I definitely saw that come up a few times. Either way, making it a visible attribute, maybe hidden until one of those stories comes out, would be cool.</p>

Been thinking about this one a bit...

Unique: This is a worker who stands as the exception to the rules. A very, very rare attribute. Essentially, it's someone who has caught on with an audience to the point where they're the one wrestler who can get away with doing comedy matches/deathmatches/sex appeal matches in companies where they're otherwise a death knell, as well as having their primary skills count to the fullest even in places where technical, high flying, hardcore ect. are otherwise set to not be well regarded.

Something I was thinking about tying this to is those lucky enough to get a Legendary gimmick. Even then it wouldn't be a guarantee to get.

It's meant to help with Yano-in-New-Japan kind of situations. I'm sure the product that best represents how New Japan usually does shows doesn't tend to facilitate his matches very accurately, but he does get over doing stuff no one else there would try. He's a worker they might not even sign if they first saw him today but he's connected with their audience.

This could perhaps even have an effect on Owner goals, so this worker becomes an exception to the "don't sign/re-sign a wrestler with this style" rule.

I love this.

You could also add its negative counterpart: Enabler, or Bad Influence.

I'm a big fan of Rehabilitator / Mediator and Enabler / Bad Influence.

How about Respectful for workers who are especially likely to do what's asked of them when interacting with workers who sport high Respect and Experience? And its counterpart, Rebellious, for workers who have problems with authority and are thus more likely to respond negatively in interactions with high Respect and Experience workers.

<p>Disability can't do everything but they do give it their all.</p><p>

Can't call in ring. More for the deaf guy but I can still select calling ring</p><p>

Couple won't break up or divorce</p><p>

A sexual. Wont ever develop romantic relationship</p>

Something to indicate they were a great amateur wrestler. For the people like Brock or Shelton Benjamin in real world mods. Maybe it could give a slight boost to technical skills.

Stretcher. I don't know if this is actually possible but there was a time when a guy like a Karl Gotch could take over someone who was trying to go into business for themselves. They would also be used for screw jobs in the real world.

Someone else had mentioned adding levels of bleeders and I agree with that. Someone who refuses to bleed, someone who will only bleed in big matches and someone who bleeds often.

I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, in fact I might have done before release, but some attributes that make it so people don't care if they wrestle someone drunk/high, or if someone wrestled on the same card as them drunk/high would be good. I doubt many people in ECW cared if RVD was high before a match, but in the game the locker room would turn on him instantly.

Another attribute I'd like is something like "naive" or "gullible" could work so they have higher chance of ribs played on them, easier to talk them into things etc. Would be good as a attribute on it's own because it could link in with other, and gloomy naive person would hate the ribs at his expense, a positive outlook person would enjoy it etc.

Icon or Legend: meant to simulate the Hulk Hogans, Undertakers, John Cenas, The Rock etc. When you sign one for a one off appearance you get bonuses for attendance and ratings. This separates them from regular workers of the same overness in that these appearances are rare and therefore special. If they appear x times in x time frame the bonus is lost.

Cverse examples off the top of my head would be Jack Bruce, Christian Faith, Champagne Lover, Skull DeBones.

Beloved Nostalgic Act: This is someone who's stats wouldn't pop a crowd these days but for whatever reason they are remembered well and the fans like to see them occasionally. So if you sign them for one appearance as a guest the segment rating gets a boost. After two appearances the bonus is lost for 6 months (maybe in a few random cases the fans demand to see more but once or twice is usually enough). The cost to have the worker appear should be adjusted to account for this following (unless its hidden and only revealed when said worker shows up to a big pop). Workers who have a following beyond that should have the appropriate stats to have their segment ratings be correct.

If there would be any way to run reunion specials these are the people you want to make it special.

These are FANTASTIC!!

Icon or Legend: meant to simulate the Hulk Hogans, Undertakers, John Cenas, The Rock etc. When you sign one for a one off appearance you get bonuses for attendance and ratings. This separates them from regular workers of the same overness in that these appearances are rare and therefore special. If they appear x times in x time frame the bonus is lost.

Cverse examples off the top of my head would be Jack Bruce, Christian Faith, Champagne Lover, Skull DeBones.

Beloved Nostalgic Act: This is someone who's stats wouldn't pop a crowd these days but for whatever reason they are remembered well and the fans like to see them occasionally. So if you sign them for one appearance as a guest the segment rating gets a boost. After two appearances the bonus is lost for 6 months (maybe in a few random cases the fans demand to see more but once or twice is usually enough). The cost to have the worker appear should be adjusted to account for this following (unless its hidden and only revealed when said worker shows up to a big pop). Workers who have a following beyond that should have the appropriate stats to have their segment ratings be correct.

If there would be any way to run reunion specials these are the people you want to make it special.

I really like these ideas. There's a discussion in another thread about how overness doesn't really reflect a nostalgia pop. This would be a great way to go about it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47002" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Gigantism - Increases size, menace and power over time. Decrease health stats at a rapid pace. <p> </p><p> Would anyone like to see this added?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe also add that there's a random chance that said worker can be helped by surgery, which is what helped Big Show, IIRC. You would get a notice that said worker is going to take some time off for said surgery.</p>

Reformed: A worker who had some bad habits, whether an addiction or bad personality, but has had a change in their life and has cleaned themselves of all negative habits and/or personality traits. This worker will not relapse and will not get caught up in negative incidents.

As I’m trying to do a mod I’ve noticed a few things that would be nice. Some personality have things that increase the chances of addictions etc but the personality doesn’t suit them.

Susceptible to: (each addiction) meaning there will be a greater chance of them becoming addicted.

Friends with benefits: will put over friends. Especially needed when they are a political player.

Bad ego: I always feel that someone who is egotistical would be more of a negative influence when they were top of the company. But while lower down the card they were unable to to feed their ego and even be positive. There isn’t an attribute for someone who is positive lower down but negative higher up and that’s a big thing in life.

Gigantism - Increases size, menace and power over time. Decrease health stats at a rapid pace.

Would anyone like to see this added?

I think more of an attribute is needed for something like this. You think of the really really big guys who got over mainly because of their size.

(Edit) I mean attribute is in the skill numbers not the personality traits