What's Going on in Your Game?

So.. what to do on this?

I had a random moment in my '04 WWE game where Randy Orton got into a fight with Triple H. I'm trying to figure out how to handle this. They are both in Evolution. With Trips actually pull right now, should I pull the plug on Orton in Evolution and slow down his push for time being or should I continue it as nothing actually happened? I'm trying to handle some things in game as true to WWE as possible.

Part of me feels like I should keep Orton in Evolution but slow his push down while another part feels like I should either turn him face and leave Evolution to 3 people stable, pull in another wrestler to replace Orton in the group, or trade him to Smackdown to distance the two. I'm really stumped though at which route I should take.

To add on to what the guy above me said, remember... Orton was also pretty much untouchable and had backstage issues galore back then.

Using ScottKen's 1993 mod, playing as WCW.

Brought in Warrior and Shawn Michaels (gave Michaels a 10 year deal), along with Roddy Piper and Curt Hennig and Lex Luger.

Michaels inaugural feud is against Steamboat, who offered to put him over.

Warrior just took the strap from Vader at Slamboree 1993, and now with Flair reentering the picture they're starting a 3-way feud. The thinking is that's a good way to get the belt off Warrior onto a heel without having to make him eat a pinfall in a few months time. My heart says give it to Ric (because I'm a total and absolute Flair-mark).

As mentioned before, Hennig has joined the Horsemen after feuding with Ricky Steamboat (their Iron Match match was good and was fun to imagine), so they're 3/4 complete.

Arn Anderson offered to put Cactus Jack over in 2 matches, so they've just started a short storyline based on that. And after that I just had Orndorff (who is feuding with British Bulldog over the US Title) come to me and say that HE wants to put Cactus over too. So Cactus is shooting up the card. He'll pick up like 4 wins there against big names. I'll probably shift the US Title to Bulldog at the end of his feud with Orndorff, so Cactus won't be picking it up yet.

Trying to get young Ken Shamrock over in a feud with Bobby Eaton.

Have Missy Hyatt feuding with Beulah McGillicutty (what can I say I love me some Beulah). Beulah is managing Steamboat, so I think eventually that can come back around to some more Flair/Steamboat magic too.

Beefed up the tag team division with the Rock n Roll Express and the Freebirds (Hayes & Gordy), and they're all tangling with the Hollywood Blondes.

Piper is feuding with Sting. Basically something to keep Sting up at the top of the card until the World Title makes it onto a heel and he can challenge for it again. He's got a nice little informal alliance with Warrior (I should really Stable them up together) - I think of them like the "Painted Faces of Good."

Vinnie Vegas is holding onto the TV Title and working his way up the card. I need a good feud for him, but with his size it's hard to think of one. Heyyy...maybe I can make him the muscle for the Horsemen? Or a feud with Luger (but he'd have to drop the strap then, no way he's ready to be a star yet).

I was playing my CWA save in the C-Verse about an hour ago and a story popped up on the front page of the website that said that Tommy Cornell’s current contract was expiring. I made him an initial offer and got into a bidding war with SWF. I then upped my Offer to 200,000 a month and they instantly dropped out and I was able to sign him. This is the Biggest contract I’ve ever offered anyone but I needed a big star. This may tank me financially but I figured I would do it. Once I signed him I released a few people who had large contracts so I could justify this insane contract. I also signed Angry Gilmore. This save could get very interesting.

I guess I book a lot slower than a lot of folks - or I'm just splitting my time between a bunch of different mods.

Here's my WCW Clash of the Champions 1993. Also known as the "Ric Flair Returns" card for obvious reasons.

y0L9WmQ - Full card

ws9RkbJ - Opening angle 100

Way to start off the show strong Ric!!

R0wjDcN - Main Event

Funny story - I was still debating on what I wanted to happen in the Main Event so I left it up to the Road Agent while booking the rest of the card, and then hit "run show" without inputting a finish accidently. But it's exactly what I wanted to have happen with the Triple Threat match, get the belt off Warrior onto a heel without having him eat a pin. I just hadn't decided on which heel TBH. The storyline with the 3 of them has grown to 95 heat.

Arn Anderson and Cactus Jack have bad chemistry, but Arn has offered to put him over so we're going to get that done.

Steamboat offered to put over Michaels so I had them team up against Flair and Curt Hennig in a tag match that they lost due to Michaels miscommunication, thus setting up their little face-vs-face series.

As noted in an earlier post, Sting is just keeping busy with Piper, but they have great chemistry, so I may run with that a bit longer.

Just WWE "Relegated" to a lower size because I have no idea how to book in this game compared to TEW16'.

Seriously, any advice on how to avoid a 25 rating with major stars?

first thing I would do is check their popularity and in ring skill if you believe its to low then adjust accordingly. Also keep an eye on their morale, and backstage rating as both will have a huge impact on the potential score.

I was playing my CWA save in the C-Verse about an hour ago and a story popped up on the front page of the website that said that Tommy Cornell’s current contract was expiring. I made him an initial offer and got into a bidding war with SWF. I then upped my Offer to 200,000 a month and they instantly dropped out and I was able to sign him. This is the Biggest contract I’ve ever offered anyone but I needed a big star. This may tank me financially but I figured I would do it. Once I signed him I released a few people who had large contracts so I could justify this insane contract. I also signed Angry Gilmore. This save could get very interesting.

Don't worry im in 2023 paying someone 600k a month.

I have my first (mid card) female announcing her maternity leave. For whatever reasons I was really happy for Lilly. Will probably give her time off even longer so she can prepare better for her baby. =)

Also Megumi Nakajima surprised me. She broke her Forearm during a 5SSW match (I only have her on a handshake deal). I gave her time off to cure, since she currently is an undercarder anyhow.

Now I noticed, that while still being injured she won the 5SSW J Grand Prix. Three tournament matches with the 3rd one being in a steel cage.

Those Joshi workers... ;-)

Just WWE "Relegated" to a lower size because I have no idea how to book in this game compared to TEW16'.

Seriously, any advice on how to avoid a 25 rating with major stars?

Sounds like an issue with whichever mod you're using rather than your booking. I can't think of any combination of top level WWE stars that couldn't get at least a 50.

I'm playing the Risking Tides 91 Mod. I've revived AWA and have come quite a ways in the past 10 months.

I thought it would be interesting in 91 to kick off with a more positive race angle, a less militaristic BLM type group that is fighting for top spots in wrestling. So I have my AWA Heavyweight Champ as Butch Reed, the leader of Da 5 Bloods featuring Harlem Heat, Big Nelson (Mable), and Black Magic (Norman Smiley). Reed won the revival 16 man tournament for the heavyweight title, and Harlem heat has been feuding with Demolition but have yet to get the tag gold. Big Nelson is everybody's manager and squash master on B Shows, and Black Magic is a light heavyweight contender and the best wrestler in the group.

Butch has defended so far against Jerry Lawler, Rick Martel, Wahoo McDaniel, Bad News Brown (trade deal with CNWA), and most recently Larry Zbyszko.

I've got another top heel group which is now (the new origninal) The Dangerous Alliance. Featuring two former Horsemen Blanchard and Windham (managed by his father Blackjack Mulligan), teaming with the duo of Rick Bassman and his wrecking ball Dan Spivey, along with one of the all time greats, Ravishing Rick Rude. Currently Windham is in a long running feud with Rick Martel, Blanchard has gotten into a program with young star Jeff Jarrett, and I've got Spivey & Rude as the new AWA Tag Team Champions after defeating Demolition who were the innagural revived AWA tag team champs after leaving WWF for a deal where they were guaranteed a run as tag champs.

On the babyface side I'm running no figurehead. But Ricky Steamboat is my top babyface by far. But I have him contracted as a special attraction and no house shows because I want to preserve his in ring career as long as possibly. I've also got Rick Martel on a written contract but it's not exclusive as I wanted him to keep CNWA a viable option for Canadian wrestling fans. I also have signed Wahoo McDaniel in a contract that will see him pass the torch, and most recently I was able to get Larry Zybyszko to come back to AWA when his WCW contract was up. I brought him in as a beloved babyface instead of a top heel which is where he left. I also was able to get USWA to befriend me once WWF dropped their agreement and during that time I signed Jerry Lawler to a written deal for 2 years, but not exclusive of course because of USWA. Shortly after USWA got upset with my and ended their friendship but whatever, I got Lawler locked in.

I also have signed Pillman from WCW and he won the AWA Light Heavyweight Championship and is currently in a long program with The Blue Blazer who is a pesky heel. Nobody knows his identity but his tactics to win border on ludicrous. Eventually I will do a big unmasking gimmick and he will become Owen Hart.

I also am using the AWA International Television Championship for my midcard heavyweights and Shane Douglas is the inaugural champ and has been rising in popularity greatly (and in attitude, he isn't gonna want to drop this belt!).

And I was able to sign Scott Hall early. I've always struggled with him in games because who is Scott Hall if he was never Razor Ramon? Razor Ramon is so ... WWF gimmicky...

I finally came up with a gimmick that was essentially Razor but didn't have that name. He is simply... The Bad Guy. And he's rising fast. I've currently got him in a 3 month feud (where he will lose each match) with Ricky Steamboat. After Steamboat wins this program I think I may have him start a program with Butch for the AWA Title but I'm not sure yet. I kind of want to find a figurehead to take the belt of Butch I don't have a viable contender for that position right now. Part of me really wants to try and get Hogan when his contact is up.

One of the bad things that happened is I was working with WGN for an A & B show as well as a monthly event deal that I set up in the pre game editor. I wasn't able to meet the standard WGN wanted for their events at a prime time slot so after 4 or so events I lost the deal outright. Now WGN is done with me and nobody else will make a contact with me for events for about a year it seems. However, I had luckily signed an alternative events deal with a medium sized syndication partner and I am able to run my months events there for the next year until I can get a deal with a big network for my monthly events. WGN won't renew my tv deals with them because they dropped my events contract so I had to get a new deal for my TV when the WGN contracts run out and I was able to sign deals with ESPN so I'm in good shape.

Also I really wanted to get a Fabulous Ones revival and make them a big babyface team for AWA but Stan Lane ended up on a written contact in Japan so I had to let it go. So instead I combined the Killer Bee's B. Brain Blair with Steve Keirn and called them The Right Combination and they have become "stars" on my roster and are a great babyface tag team that wins over the kids, and the ladies.

Sounds like an issue with whichever mod you're using rather than your booking. I can't think of any combination of top level WWE stars that couldn't get at least a 50.

first thing I would do is check their popularity and in ring skill if you believe its to low then adjust accordingly. Also keep an eye on their morale, and backstage rating as both will have a huge impact on the potential score.

Yeah, started with a new mod. This last one seemed to have a little AEW bias in terms of stats.

Wolf Hawkins got hit with a scandal in October 2021, and by April 2022 he's announced his retirement. Since I'm playing as MAW, I'm actually pretty stoked with this, because by the time I reach a level that I'll be able to hire him (I'm just under medium, and holding out to move up until I get a bigger nest egg) I'll be able to coax him out of retirement and snatch him up for myself.

TCW fired Edd Stone, picked 'em up. Now he is just going through my bloated roster and "removing them" permanently. Works well with his finisher being "Party's Over" and such. It's a great gimmick I'm enjoying a lot. Like a Legend Killer gimmick but less restrictive.

<p>NYWC November 2021</p><p>

Current Champions:</p><p>

Empire : James Diaz </p><p>

Tag champs: Latino Kings ( Rudy Velazquez and Hector Galindo)</p><p>

Tri regional : Deaf Touch</p><p>

King of NY winners( 2020- Elmo Benson in a shocking debut ) 2021( changed the format from a rumble to a 32 man tournament in order to get over Sal Dimeo, Maurice Jackson, James Diaz and Deaf Touch. The finals were Deaf Touch vs Sal Dimeo with Sal putting his tri regional title on the line. </p><p>

COTT Heavyweight champ: Angry Gilmore 34 defenses so far</p><p>

COTT Tag champs deuce deadline and cheetah boy</p><p> </p><p>

- I’ve been able to convince some international guys to start working in America </p><p>

- I’ve added more companies to the COTT such as DIW, PSW, GCW, Saishio and more for a total of 14 companies) </p><p>

- I recently got accepted by USPW to be their development territory ( waiting on guys to be sent down)</p><p>

- I secured a deal on wrestle world for events and tv shows</p><p>

- I do tv tapings 4 episodes at a time but considering making it weekly( great thing for tapings booking wise is when somebody is leaving I can book them in an storyline get someone else over )</p><p>

- Elmo Benson tore his quad but rather keep him off shows I convinced him to be come a manager. He’s the mouth piece of a stable called “The Monsterous Gentlemen” that includes Mass Hulk, Super Destroyer, Richie Riggins and Devastation Don. </p><p>

- My stars and future stars whom I’m pushing are James Diaz, Ash Campbell, Latino Kings, The Fighting Irish, Mass Hulk, Sal Dimeo, Angry Gilmore and Riddick Jordan. </p><p>

- The Dimeo family is still intact and even added the Fashionitas</p><p>

- Out of Reach was led by Maurice Jackson until the group turned on him(he was heading back to RAW). Riddick Jordan took over which also features the Casey Brothers and Bank Bremner( renames Donnie Crash)</p><p>

- BMF Is a stable originally led by Fro Sire until TCW signed him. Fiasco Fierce now leads the group which includes Deaf Touch, Bullseye, Waylon Walls, Psycho Mike and Streetz. Bullseye and Walls are feuding and creating tension amongst BMF</p><p>

- Stars I’ve had that are got poached by one of the big 3 were Fro Sure, Logan Wolfsbaine, Tigre Salve, El Jaguar, Frankie Perez, Findlay o”farraday, Johnny bloodstone, Nelson callum</p>

<p>SWF started a stable that feels like cheating.</p><p> </p><p>

Rocky Golden (Leader)</p><p>

Bear Bekowski (Deputy)</p><p>

Casey Valentine (Member)</p><p>

Mainstream Hernandez (Member)</p><p>

Spencer Spade (Member)</p><p> </p><p>

Called the Swarm.</p>