General Gameplay Questions Thread

What is the point of iron clad contracts at all?

Under what circumstances would I ever not sign a written contract with this on?

Just seems like an unnecessary addition

It was in the previous game as a non compete clause. I know in 2016 it gave you the edge in a bidding war if you took it off.

Maybe that worker does not have iron clad in their contract?

Is there anyway to double check that for existing contracts? I just lost 2 workers to NJPW due to this on my current run.

Speaking of NJPW, can they please be nerfed in future mods. And dunno what this is linked to but when your product says that Angles need to be short. How is 5 minutes too long? :/

Am I missing something, or is there a way to disable searches always being saved? It's a nuisance to, for instance, search for a worker with say an aerial skillset, sign him, do whatever for 5 minutes, then go back to the worker screen and still be looking at those same workers.

Basically I just don't want to reset my search every time I go back to that screen

Exactly that, Nickman. I've only run one so far, but once I had the first round set up, the game 'knew' that the subsequent matches were tourney matches.

To be on the safe side, I positioned the matches in the tournament on the card exactly as I'd set out the tournament, so match 1 in the tournament was the first match I booked on the show, for example. I also kept the workers on their 'draw' side of the match, so the winner of match 1 in the quarter-final was listed first in the semi-final match and so on - but I doubt that's really necessary!

Maybe that worker does not have iron clad in their contract?

His point here is that the game doesn't let you counterbid someone.

If you have someone on a non iron clad contract, people can offer him a written contract/iron clad out from under you, but you aren't allowed to negotiate with the person to counter that person and offer an iron clad yourself. The game wont let you negotiate with your own people on written contracts.

I really like the Merch breakdown. It's funny to see my B-show color commentator bring in more money that some wrestlers.

Piggy Backing on this I found it so weird offering random announcers with low popularity contracts wanted more than wrestlers.

This might be a stupid question, but how do I book a tournament match once I’ve setup the tournament? Do I just book the matches on the card and it figures it out or am I missing something glaringly obvious here?

I tried out a tournament. Just book the match and then check the tournament screen after the show and it will highlight the winner in green.

<p>Apologize if this is answered already somewhere. </p><p> </p><p>

Does a wrestler's "perception" on the roster stay the same no matter what? Or can it fluctuate depending on roster changes?</p><p> </p><p>

For example, in TEW2016, you have a lower midcarder. But, you add a couple guys with more popularity, so the game suggests that the wrestler is more of an opener after the addition.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dbritton987" data-cite="dbritton987" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Apologize if this is answered already somewhere. <p> </p><p> Does a wrestler's "perception" on the roster stay the same no matter what? Or can it fluctuate depending on roster changes?</p><p> </p><p> For example, in TEW2016, you have a lower midcarder. But, you add a couple guys with more popularity, so the game suggests that the wrestler is more of an opener after the addition.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> New guys coming in won't have a set perception until they appear on one of your shows, but they will just get added to whatever category they fall into without bumping anyone down once they have made an appearance, if I understand correctly. so if they come in as well known, another well known worker isn't gonna get bumped down unless they are booked in a way that would cause them to be. how they are booked will definitely cause their perception to change over time though for sure.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Grand Avatar" data-cite="Grand Avatar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>how do you give a worker time off? i remember seeing it by accident once, but can't find the screen now</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Click the yellow text above their picture on the roster screen.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Is it intended that workers can no longer be supporting roles in multiple storylines? I always used stables and had the interference runners as supporting people in the storyline (so it counts as progressing when one of them interferes in a match, since it's stable vs whoever). I've noticed when trying to do that now, the worker is removed from the available pool of people for other storylines. So apparently it's no longer possible to have your midcard champ in her own storyline for her title and supporting on the storyline for the main event champ (or pursuing heel)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CPBHBK" data-cite="CPBHBK" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Piggy Backing on this I found it so weird offering random announcers with low popularity contracts wanted more than wrestlers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I asked Adam about that and it's a skills thing for non wrestlers. Wrestlers contracts are off popularity, non wrestlers are off of skills -- because it would be possible to have a really good announcer that would then be making like, 20 a show for their whole career.</p>

Click the yellow text above their picture on the roster screen.

Is it intended that workers can no longer be supporting roles in multiple storylines? I always used stables and had the interference runners as supporting people in the storyline (so it counts as progressing when one of them interferes in a match, since it's stable vs whoever). I've noticed when trying to do that now, the worker is removed from the available pool of people for other storylines. So apparently it's no longer possible to have your midcard champ in her own storyline for her title and supporting on the storyline for the main event champ (or pursuing heel)?

there is a filter on the add worker list that defaults to only showing people not already in a storyline, that might be your issue.

So I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug. Has anyone else noticed worker skills randomly changing after running a show? Specifically Basics? I noticed it with a few workers so I did a test. I set a worker's basics skill in the editor to 100 and then booked him on a show. I advanced to the next day and the basics skill was 77. Thoughts?

Exactly that, Nickman. I've only run one so far, but once I had the first round set up, the game 'knew' that the subsequent matches were tourney matches.

To be on the safe side, I positioned the matches in the tournament on the card exactly as I'd set out the tournament, so match 1 in the tournament was the first match I booked on the show, for example. I also kept the workers on their 'draw' side of the match, so the winner of match 1 in the quarter-final was listed first in the semi-final match and so on - but I doubt that's really necessary!

Ahhh ok, thanks a lot, that’s brilliant. I wonder if it works too to book the matches out of order?

I guess this is all stuff I can test anyway, this is shaping up as a really good iteration of TEW, I’m just LOVING the new perception system!

I've seen the product note, I believe for TCW, that says "angles that are primarily based on sex appeal have their overall rating limited".

Does this mean with the right product, that sex appeal angles will no longer have a cap / their overall rating limited?

His point here is that the game doesn't let you counterbid someone.

If you have someone on a non iron clad contract, people can offer him a written contract/iron clad out from under you, but you aren't allowed to negotiate with the person to counter that person and offer an iron clad yourself. The game wont let you negotiate with your own people on written contracts.

Hmmm, I don't think it was, given how ltkmk answered to my answer (post #430).

But yes, I also thought about that while answering and it would indeed suck big time if it were like that. On the other hand, neither the company, where the worker is under written iron clad contract, nor any other company can start to offer them a new one until within one month from the current one expiring. So if you fail to renew the worker's contract when its ramining time hits 1 month, I guess it your own fault imo.