General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just off the top of my head, since most of RAW's workers probably aren't working for anyone bigger it probably makes sense for them to want to move closer to work. So at least that particular case seems reasonable.<p> </p><p> One of the recent patches involved making it harder to get people that work for bigger companies to move away from their main job.</p><p> </p><p> In general I'd hope it's some combination of circumstance and Silver Tongue skill.</p></div></blockquote><p> Yeah, cool. I guess in my head-canon it can be explained that way too... we operate out of Western Australia, so if you want to work for us, you should be based out of here too.</p><p> </p><p> This way I'll only be paying for travel when we head interstate, yeah?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No there's not and it's REALLY painful... I'm certain they'll come up with a fix for it soon enough though.</div></blockquote><p> That's disappointing. I'd love drag and drop but I'd at least like static buttons which would make it much easier.</p>

Does anyone know how to make it so I can see what my child companies are booking? I own like three promotions now and I don't know what's going on in any of them? I would like to book for all of them.

That's not really how buying as company and making them a development territory works. But, if you really wanted to book multiple companies you would need to add another player to the game.

Hey where can I try and book a stunt or a crazy bump? Does it have to be a specific match or something I don't see it in the road agent notes. Same thing with hair shaving after a Lucha de apuestas note.

They are all in the road agent notes, just scroll down and you should see them.

Do I need to do something to get my child company to hire people? I have sent a few workers down to them but they haven't hired anyone to flesh out the roster and are therefore not running shows because they don't have enough people to run a show. They have both a CEO and a Booker.

I know I can just hire some more developmental workers but before I do that, I want to know if I just leave them to it, will they eventually start signing people? It has been a month so far.

Do I need to do something to get my child company to hire people? I have sent a few workers down to them but they haven't hired anyone to flesh out the roster and are therefore not running shows because they don't have enough people to run a show. They have both a CEO and a Booker.

I know I can just hire some more developmental workers but before I do that, I want to know if I just leave them to it, will they eventually start signing people? It has been a month so far.

You should post that in tech support as it's clearly a bug. If they haven't hired in a month's time they probably just won't. And we can't test long-term effects anyway so better safe then sorry.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already. When negotiating a contract with a worker, if you switch offering a wage between per month and per show the value stays the same as the per month value. In TEW16 the value would change to match the corresponding per month/per show option that was selected. Now you have to manually change the wage. I accidentally ended up paying a worker $30,000 per show instead of per month!

Is this a bug or is this how it is meant to be? It’s not a deal-breaker but it is an inconvenience. I hope I’ve explained this issue clearly.

Does anyone know whether owner goals take into ccount the company in question? Got a "sign no Powerhouses" note as BHOTWG, which IMHO makes no sense at all.

Good question. That's been my primary beef with owner goals (and why I turn them off, more often than not. Or do all my roster moves on the first day to avoid triggering them). I honestly don't think so. Playing as QAW (in TEW16) I've been told not to hire anyone with less than 77 star quality (which essentially leaves me waiting to try to poach USPW and NOTBPW talent). Haven't tried goals in TEW20 but your case is showing me things may not have changed very much.

As for the owner goal: in your example (BHOTWG vs powerhouses) it may be illogical, but it sounds like this is a temporary goal and should end in 9 months or something. It should also not be a critical goal and you can just ignore it for a rep penalty, in which case you should be fine (as you shouldn't sign 5 powerhouses to BHOTWG in 9 months).

These goals are there for you to cope with and provide some sort of challenge. As I said: it's very much temporary and reflects the owner probably thinking that there's enough of them (unlikely that it analyses the roster though) or just simply not wanting any for now. People and their whims, huh. :p

It is what it is, man. Bosses don't always make sense. You have the option to turn it off or be the boss yourself. This is not a case that makes "no sense at all", which I've just debunked as there's clearly some sense in it for some people for a variety of reasons (personal preference being one).

The other example, min. 77 star rating, seems harch though, at least for a small company, like QAW. For SWF, it would be completely fine. But again: should be temporary. It's not like half your roster retires in a year.

People with a peculiar playstyle, namely high turnover booking, are probably better off to put owner goals off as it's going to impact that style of booking. It's especially annoying if, like me, you like using local talent. Very often there's one owner goal that conflicts with this, but I just want them for a one-off deal and am not "signing" them to a contract. It's a bit unfair.

Could someone point me towards an explainer on Loyalty?

I've just signed a bunch of young workers (with no loyalty or true born affliation to anyone else) to different contracts, and none have got loyalty to my company (BCG) now.

Does having Loyalty in Company Info set to True Born or Normal effect things?

I've been working on my own database for a while, so I haven't even started the game itself properly yet. While working on it today, I absent-mindedly scrolled down to the end of the worker list, clicked something that I figured was something a la "are you sure you want to close this worker window without saving the changes?" and then accepted the deletion of the database I've spent a bazillion hours on. >_< Is there any way to run back/undo this database deletion, or am I SOL?