General Gameplay Questions Thread

Ok I got the stuff fixed but I'm losing 32,000$ a month and about 15,000$ of it is from "developmental" which I assume is CWW that I bought a while ago but I'm not sure. Also, my shows are losing more than they are making, does this mean I need to ditch my broadcaster and lower my show costs? Any help is appreciated, otherwise I am boned in about 3 months x_x

Ok I got the stuff fixed but I'm losing 32,000$ a month and about 15,000$ of it is from "developmental" which I assume is CWW that I bought a while ago but I'm not sure. Also, my shows are losing more than they are making, does this mean I need to ditch my broadcaster and lower my show costs? Any help is appreciated, otherwise I am boned in about 3 months x_x

What level is your merchandise at? I've noticed at the beginning of some of my saves, merchandise definitely saved me.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ruthian23" data-cite="Ruthian23" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you want to turn around a guy who has really really bad momentum, is having him win against recognizable or better guys the only way, or is it possible to keep him off TV for a while? Does momentum kind of revert to the middle if you're not using someone or does it stay where it is forever until you've actively done something?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think keeping them off TV actually hurts momentum.</p><p> </p><p> Turning heel/face reverts momentum back to Neutral. At least it did a few weeks ago.</p>

I started a new save with ACPW, I'm running 2 shows a month and I'm now into March, yet none of my shows (which have all been 40+ against my Quebec popularity of 30) have increased my popularity at all.

I know it's incremental but usually after an event it says whether you've gained or lost pop, and I'm just told it didn't increase it. The Wrestling Industry is at 81 and rising, but the economy is at 21 and rising.

The only reason I can think of is that the economy is stopping me from gaining any popularity at all but is that possible?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think keeping them off TV actually hurts momentum.<p> </p><p> Turning heel/face reverts momentum back to Neutral. At least it did a few weeks ago.</p></div></blockquote><p> I think (hope) that was fixed in a recent patch.</p><p> </p><p> Pretty sure keeping people off TV resets them towards neutral now, rather than towards ice cold.</p>

<p>With what booking strategy can I avoid fatigue penalties/consequences?</p><p> </p><p>

I have 2 shows and do 2 house shows per week. Occasionally I get the "gruesome schedule" note and also experienced significant penalties during matches.</p><p> </p><p>

However, when I'm at the booking screen, the said workers are practically never about "showing very low signs of fatigue".</p><p> </p><p>

1. Is there a way to filter out fatigued workers?</p><p>

2. Is there a way to permanently reduced e.g. the house show schedule for easily fatigueing workers?</p><p>

3. At which level of what status should I not book a worker?</p><p> </p><p>

Best regards!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="njmcfreak" data-cite="njmcfreak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What level is your merchandise at? I've noticed at the beginning of some of my saves, merchandise definitely saved me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 6/10, should probably pick it up huh? Just went from tiny to small so idk</p>

Do you also think that the popularity loss for losing is often too harsh? Or is there anything we can do about?

Losing at a PPV often results in -6 or -7 pop while the winner does not gain anything and I am starting to question if I am doing anything wrong or if everything is working as intended.

Last PPV my World Champion (78 popularity) dropped his world title after 7 months in a 30 minute 82-rated match against his challenger (74 pop and white hot momentum) and he immediately dropped down to 72 popularity.

And of my midcard workers dropped from 63 to 59 after losing in an "open match" to another worker with 75. I actually used open match to push the less popular worker but...well, this was not working as I've planned.

Was it always so "hard" to save workers from populairty losses in the older TEW-games?

Do you also think that the popularity loss for losing is often too harsh? Or is there anything we can do about?

Losing at a PPV often results in -6 or -7 pop while the winner does not gain anything and I am starting to question if I am doing anything wrong or if everything is working as intended.

Last PPV my World Champion (78 popularity) dropped his world title after 7 months in a 30 minute 82-rated match against his challenger (74 pop and white hot momentum) and he immediately dropped down to 72 popularity.

And of my midcard workers dropped from 63 to 59 after losing in an "open match" to another worker with 75. I actually used open match to push the less popular worker but...well, this was not working as I've planned.

Was it always so "hard" to save workers from populairty losses in the older TEW-games?

After experiencing the same thing, my fix was to give EVERY contract on my roster "losses effect popularity less". I feel like this should mostly be given to Jobber Gimmicks where someone will job to upper midcarders but not fall out of upper midcard for it.

Now I find myself using it for everyone because I had a pop 86 guy beat a pop 82 guy and it sent him to 79. When the 79 guy beat a 76 guy, it moved the 76 guy to 72, and did not bump the other guy back into the 80s.

I am still not sure how the impact of other decisions works - protecting a worker by keeping them strong in match notes, or look dominant. I wonder if the secret to solving this problem is with match notes and we just haven't figured it out yet?

Weird. I never experienced that, except if the losing guy had more popularity.

When the match is good, often the losers gain popularity.

Generally I don't like, that a wrestler loses pop when losing to a less over wrestler. I recently had my long-term champion Extraordinario beat a challenger, who had surpassed his popularity by 1-2 points. It pushed the challenger down by 8 points and the champion up by merely 2.

That's sad, because this way I usually have to let the more over worker win. Even when that's opposing my creative stance, that "anybody can theoretically beat anybody".

I'd prefer it when pop differences wouldn't matter in either way. When Stonecold Steve Austin loses against Hunter Hearst Helmsley via Interference during a normal TV matcv to make a feud more open, this alone wouldn't kill his popularity. Nor puts it HHH really over as long as the match is not designed to change the status of the two.

<p>Funny enough, my question is also along the same lines of navigating popularity loss from matches.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm planning a "wrestling league" style company inspired heavily from FIFA and soccer leagues. With that, I'm intending for a fair amount of draws but wanted to ask what effects that has on popularity and momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

Should I still be prepared to use the "keep strong" note to protect some of the more over talent? Or would them going to a draw with a less popular superstar not have a negative effect on their popularity?</p><p> </p><p>

Same style question for momentum. Will a draw be a step closer to neutral momentum (helpful for wrestlers with bad momentum, bad for ones with good momentum) or does it not get factored in and have an effect?</p>

Thank you for your posts regarding the popularity loss.

I will try do the same fix that thadian explained because otherwise its annoying and extremly unrealistic.

Had another PPV a few minutes ago. This time I only used tainted finishes and had still -7 and -8 popularity loss in 2 matches while the winners were not gaining anything.

I can't even tell if everything is working as intended and the game really wants to handle popularity in such a frustrating way or if I am encountering a bug or something like that. Because the info text on many road agent notes literally says that using this note will help the loser to keep their popularity or at least reducing it but this obviously does not apply.

Thank you for your posts regarding the popularity loss.

I will try do the same fix that thadian explained because otherwise its annoying and extremly unrealistic.

Had another PPV a few minutes ago. This time I only used tainted finishes and had still -7 and -8 popularity loss in 2 matches while the winners were not gaining anything.

I can't even tell if everything is working as intended and the game really wants to handle popularity in such a frustrating way or if I am encountering a bug or something like that. Because the info text on many road agent notes literally says that using this note will help the loser to keep their popularity or at least reducing it but this obviously does not apply.

I had guys lose 7 to 8 but only gain 0-2

Can anyone give me some info on how alter egos work?

From what I can tell it has no impact on gimmick or momentum? It seems a bit pointless. Like is it purely just to have someone with a second name or picture? It seems a bit of a shame if so.

I want to have a character who swaps between two characters/gimmicks, I thought alter-egos would be able to replicate this but I can't see how?

Can anyone give me some info on how alter egos work?

From what I can tell it has no impact on gimmick or momentum? It seems a bit pointless. Like is it purely just to have someone with a second name or picture? It seems a bit of a shame if so.

I want to have a character who swaps between two characters/gimmicks, I thought alter-egos would be able to replicate this but I can't see how?

Alter egos are (and always have been) independent of the worker's gimmick/overness. He'll have the same momentum and gimmick whichever alter ego he's using.

Alter egos are not designed to be used all in one company.

Alter egos are (and always have been) independent of the worker's gimmick/overness. He'll have the same momentum and gimmick whichever alter ego he's using.

Yes, but with the debut of on-the-fly booking perhaps this is something that should be considered for a future iteration. Seems like the two should have gone hand in hand, especially since he was redoing the gimmick system anyway.

I can agree that it seems the main use of alter-egos is supposed to be to allow a worker to have a separate name in two different promotions but then my question really is that I just don't understand how I'd replicate something like 4 faces of Foley. As you'd assume the alter-ego feature would be good for it. I suppose I'd just have a gimmick called 4 Faces of Foley and that would have to encompass them all, but then it's a shame if you want them to have different gimmick types, and ideally you'd want the different gimmicks to have different ratings.

I understand that perhaps this is more a limitation of the gimmick system as opposed to something that the alter-ego system is supposed to do. Although I think it would work better under the alter-ego system as that's also linked to the name and picture of a worker. I'm sure this is more a discussion for the suggestion thread, I just wanted to check if anyone had any ideas of ways to still do something like the 4 faces of foley. I just wanted a character to have a masked persona, and then his normal persona so I'm not sure if anyone else has had 1 worker player 2 characters and replicated it well in game.

I've been running ROH in the 2020 version and I'm almost a year in. I've signed a bunch of talent exclusively. I have a weekly A show, B show, and usually one event per month. I want to try and do some stuff that New Japan does as I have a pretty big roster now, including developmental talents in my child company. Like have multiple week tournaments, that are mostly "tour" events, like the G1 Climax, Tag League, etc. How well, or poorly will things work if I still at least have an A show, while also run these tour events like they do in New Japan? Will I lose money? Will guys be too tired?

On TEW 2016 you could change the 'destiny rolls' of people by maxing the in game editor of their stats and pop, saving the game and then putting their stats and pop back to normal to make them next big things. Anyone know if there's a way to do this in 2020 as so far I've had no luck