General Gameplay Questions Thread

What skill gets primarily used when you choose the Steal the Show match aim? Brawling/Puro like most matches?

Depends on the people in the match, iirc. So if you put in two guys with high brawling they'll lean on those skills, but if you put in two guys with good aerial they'll do that instead.

- Exceptions of course exist for specific match types. if it's a brawl-type then the best rating between Puro/Brawl gets used as the main scorer. Aerial matches lean on aerial/flashiness, and hardcore matches lean on hardcore skills.

-- But Brawl/Puro/Tech/Aerial are still used in calculations for normal matches.

The engine is flexible and Steal the Show is just a general "Go out there and have the most awesome match you can put on". There are no specific requirements, but generally you'll want great performers for the best effect.

It also leans heavily on their other performance and physical skills, stamina is important for them to go longer than 15/20 minutes, and psychology is important for them to actually string their skills into a good match.

Also there's a random chance a worker just doesn't perform when they're asked to steal the show. That gets randomly generated with a new save, so sometimes you'll meet a guy that has perfect stats but who'll simply flub it when he's expected to burn the house down.

Depends on the people in the match, iirc. So if you put in two guys with high brawling they'll lean on those skills, but if you put in two guys with good aerial they'll do that instead.

This is specifically what I was confused about. I think I misread the handbook at some point and thought you had to make the match aim about high spots to get rated on aerial.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that - in TEW20 at least - it uses the best skill.

So if you have a 90 airial 50 technical worker against a 90 technical 50 airial one the game will assume that they will play to their strenghts and will use the offense they are competent at. Most of the rating is other stats (psych, consistency, etc.).

So I think it just uses the top stat and the others don't matter. I read it during the dev diary I think.

Makes sense to me too. I think you get a better match out of a top striker/brawler and top flyer then out of 2 average workers who might be "better" overall but aren't "wow". I'm not an industry insider but you don't need to be an good technical worker to "carry" the super-technical worker and 'enable' him. It's just selling ability. The "carrying" imo is in the superhigh stat of the offensive worker, where a 90 TEC can pretty much apply his craft to anyone, as that's usually the hardest thing.

2 question

1. Is it possible to have a manager manage more than 1 wrestlers in your promotion? And is it possible to have the manager manage them in the same show? As in 2 different wresters that appear on the same show on the same day?

2. I wanted to put a guy over in a match. After talking to the wrestler who agree to put my guy over, when booking the match, i still need to put who is the victor right in order for the agreement to be in effect? Is there a way to know if the agreement was carried out and was effective? Is it in the dirt sheet?

2 question

1. Is it possible to have a manager manage more than 1 wrestlers in your promotion? And is it possible to have the manager manage them in the same show? As in 2 different wresters that appear on the same show on the same day?

2. I wanted to put a guy over in a match. After talking to the wrestler who agree to put my guy over, when booking the match, i still need to put who is the victor right in order for the agreement to be in effect? Is there a way to know if the agreement was carried out and was effective? Is it in the dirt sheet?

1. Ofcourse. I don't see how there could be a restriction on that or why it would be there.

2. Check the "Promises". After one wrestler agrees to put over someone else, it will appear there as a promise and will only disappear after they lost or the time fram ran out

2 question

1. Yes | Simply assign the manager to whatever wrestlers you want to. It will show "Manages # different clients" on the roster profile of the manager... There should be no top limit, but remember that the face/heel divide still matters and that if two workers with the same manager face each other, neither will get a manager bonus (iirc)

2. Putting a guy over is simply them not getting angry over the booking of one match within the next 30 days, even if they would ordinarily get angry (or use CC), this excludes stuff like bumps which requires a different promise. The next match the two workers in question have (or if x days pass) will complete the terms of the agreement, regardless of booking specifics.

So if Worker A promises to put over Worker B, the next match they are in you are allowed to have Worker B win the match. If you choose to run a draw or have Worker A win instead, the terms of the promise are still fulfilled even if you the booker booked it differently.

Under Business Managament > Promises you can see all the promises that have been made. If the promise is there, the terms haven't been met, if the promise was there and is now gone it means the terms have been met. (x days or 1 match)

Is it possible to release someone on a developmental deal without calling them up first? The normal release button doesn't show. Not a major issue but I just don't like how it adds the company to their job history that they technically never worked for.

Do it via the "Child Company" section, rather than the "Development" screen

So in a TEW 20 game using the 2010 database, I have set up new training schools that start in 2011. I have run out 5 years and none of the new schools have created "new gen" workers. Is there a setting for this that I am missing? TEW 2016 had a setting but I haven't seen on here. How can I get the game to create new workers or doesn't it anymore?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is graduation turned on within the schools?<p> </p><p> There is a Yes/No for graduation</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks I will look at that</p>

So AEW continue the eons-long tease that Wardlow is gonna turn face in the MJF/Punk feud. Personally, it’s so telegraphed at this point that I’m hoping it turns out to be a red herring just to play with audience expectations.

If I was to do this in game - i.e. prepare Wardlow for a turn and after a while cancel it - what would happen? I presume there’s no benefit to the story and it won’t recognise the tease was a swerve. But do the affects just cancel out or is there a penalty for not following through?

So AEW continue the eons-long tease that Wardlow is gonna turn face in the MJF/Punk feud. Personally, it’s so telegraphed at this point that I’m hoping it turns out to be a red herring just to play with audience expectations.

Unfortunately there's no functional benefit from teasing a turn in 20 segments than teasing a turn in the standard 4 segments.

You might as well just pretend you're booking something in the game, in your head (like the majority of playing this game).

<p>Hello guys, im starting to play this game and i have one major question for the moment.</p><p> </p><p>

I wanted to know <strong>how to open the calendar</strong> of the month or of the years ?</p><p> </p><p>

I just want to know how will i anticipate and place the angle and the matches of my future storylines but i don't see any calendar to see how i will do.. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

i searched everywhere i can't anticipate and cannot to start my games like i want for the moment.</p><p> </p><p>

Thank you for your answer, hoping you a good week-end.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="theeaglexiii" data-cite="theeaglexiii" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So AEW continue the eons-long tease that Wardlow is gonna turn face in the MJF/Punk feud. Personally, it’s so telegraphed at this point that I’m hoping it turns out to be a red herring just to play with audience expectations.<p> </p><p> If I was to do this in game - i.e. prepare Wardlow for a turn and after a while cancel it - what would happen? I presume there’s no benefit to the story and it won’t recognise the tease was a swerve. But do the affects just cancel out or is there a penalty for not following through?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't noticed any ill effects for cancelling a turn. </p><p> </p><p> And AEW should start with MJF treating Wardlow better (it was a swerve) but still duplicitous. If Wardlow continues to allow himself to be treated like dirt the audience will view him as a cuck. Pretend its over and spring it up later (like after Wardlow wins a title or prize and MJF tries to claim it as part of the contract).</p>

Thanks for the feedback re: cancelling a turn, guys :)

Just encountered a new issue...

I got 2 guys on loan in my save using creative control to stop me booking them in too many angles - but they have no creative control clause in their contracts, though, and I can't override it.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks for the feedback re: cancelling a turn, guys :)

Just encountered a new issue...

I got 2 guys on loan in my save using creative control to stop me booking them in too many angles - but they have no creative control clause in their contracts, though, and I can't override it.

Any idea why this is happening?

I believe that anyone on a loan has creative control, even though the contract doesn't specify it. Makes sense; in the real world, the promotion loaning their wrestler out would want them protected.

I believe that anyone on a loan has creative control, even though the contract doesn't specify it. Makes sense; in the real world, the promotion loaning their wrestler out would want them protected.

It probably helps prevent abusing the loan system to bring in big stars and job them out for those pop gains too.

Ahh yeah that makes sense. Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...

Playing as CZCW in the default database, our COTT World Heavyweight champion got signed to an exclusive written deal by TCW.

Said wrestler has "per show" deals with OLLIE (handshake) and me (written). Those deals end after both companies' next shows. In fact, there are four shows left in total with OLLIE and CZCW where the champion could be booked to lose the title.

However, for some reason the AI decided to vacate the belt and I was wondering why that is.

I'm inclined to post this in the tech support section, but perhaps somebody has a good explanation on why this happens.

Playing as CZCW in the default database, our COTT World Heavyweight champion got signed to an exclusive written deal by TCW.

Said wrestler has "per show" deals with OLLIE (handshake) and me (written). Those deals end after both companies' next shows. In fact, there are four shows left in total with OLLIE and CZCW where the champion could be booked to lose the title.

However, for some reason the AI decided to vacate the belt and I was wondering why that is.

I'm inclined to post this in the tech support section, but perhaps somebody has a good explanation on why this happens.

I mean it isn't wrong per se. I don't know what the AI should do or not, but I would look at it as the alliance protecting it's self from the champ just walking out with the belt

BUG.jpg

Is this a bug? I'm playing a RTG save and instead of gaining popularity in the Mid-South (my home region and this place where all my shows have been run.) I'm getting popularity in seemingly random regions instead.

I thought I might just be getting spillover region pop but the Great Lakes and the Mid-Atlantic aren't spillover regions for the Mid-South. It's frustrating because I'm only gaining popularity in places where it's meaningless for me to grow essentially.

BUG.jpg

Is this a bug? I'm playing a RTG save and instead of gaining popularity in the Mid-South (my home region and this place where all my shows have been run.) I'm getting popularity in seemingly random regions instead.

I thought I might just be getting spillover region pop but the Great Lakes and the Mid-Atlantic aren't spillover regions for the Mid-South. It's frustrating because I'm only gaining popularity in places where it's meaningless for me to grow essentially.

Double-spillover, I think. I would assume that you are gaining in your main region, just slowly.