TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

The Wolf of the White House. All hail! :cool:

Why wouldn't they need them? But you don't have to take care of it, the AI should sign them on its own.

when i set up a dev company, they got on fine without anyone, and companies that you set up can't sign people on their own, so idk

If a match is set to end via Rage DQ, do I also need to set the loser to be Kept Strong to avoid pop penalties (or is that implied by the Rage DQ note)?

Any DQ finish inherently counts as a cheap win. I've never been able to figure out if there's a mechanical difference between regular DQ, Intentional DQ, or Rage DQ or even if I think there should be one.

Posted in gameplay thread but figured it post here too to try and get a quicker response.

So basically i wasn't paying attention as SWF and CANN dropped me due to poor ratings. No Broadcaster will pick me up because they are "Wary" that my last deal collapsed less than a year ago. Is there anything I can do here? I have no home for Supreme TV and I seem to be in a real bad spot that could potentially kill my game :/.

Thanks in advance

Posted in gameplay thread but figured it post here too to try and get a quicker response.

So basically i wasn't paying attention as SWF and CANN dropped me due to poor ratings. No Broadcaster will pick me up because they are "Wary" that my last deal collapsed less than a year ago. Is there anything I can do here? I have no home for Supreme TV and I seem to be in a real bad spot that could potentially kill my game :/.

Thanks in advance

I think you're stuck. Other than creating your own broadcaster, you're just going to have to stick it out until someone will talk to you again. I know this probably isn't helpful but you should really look into setting up your mail settings so things like this don't slip past. Page 6 'Broadcast Slot Expiring' set to 'important' would probably fix the issue going forward.

I think you're stuck. Other than creating your own broadcaster, you're just going to have to stick it out until someone will talk to you again. I know this probably isn't helpful but you should really look into setting up your mail settings so things like this don't slip past. Page 6 'Broadcast Slot Expiring' set to 'important' would probably fix the issue going forward.

The thing is is that it wasn’t expiring. It’s only been 2 and a half months. I think they dropped me. Not sure how I would have avoided that anyway.

The thing is is that it wasn’t expiring. It’s only been 2 and a half months. I think they dropped me. Not sure how I would have avoided that anyway.

The only way you wouldn't be able to negotiate with anyone else is if the did in fact drop you. the SWF/CANN deal has like an 82 minimum grade you have to achieve to keep from getting dropped. . the only thing you could've done other than meet that requirement is change your timeslot so that the minimum grade is lower. .

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brandon21" data-cite="brandon21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>sorry if this is the wrong thread but are you able to convert mods successfully? i want to convert the July 2012 mod from 2016 to 2020 and play in that time frame since there are no mods around that era currently. thanks</div></blockquote><p> The converter works, but not well. The biggest issue is that it tends to create a lot more negative personalities, although that has been toned down somewhat in a recent patch.</p><p> </p><p> If you don't mind converting a game and giving everyone on your roster a bonus then go for it. Also, if you don't care too much about PPV revenue, TV ratings and what the AI is doing (which is all stuff I don't care about that much, personally).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>when i set up a dev company, they got on fine without anyone, and companies that you set up can't sign people on their own, so idk</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They can't?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chad3590" data-cite="chad3590" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The thing is is that it wasn’t expiring. It’s only been 2 and a half months. I think they dropped me. Not sure how I would have avoided that anyway.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Three entries under 'Broadcast Slot Expiring' is 'Broadcast Complaint'. I would set that to important so it always stops your auto-advance.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bull" data-cite="Bull" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The only way you wouldn't be able to negotiate with anyone else is if the did in fact drop you. the SWF/CANN deal has like an 82 minimum grade you have to achieve to keep from getting dropped. . the only thing you could've done other than meet that requirement is change your timeslot so that the minimum grade is lower. .</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That sounds about right. But if he had seen the email where CANN complained about show quality, maybe he could've asked for a later timeslot?</p><p> </p><p> YoungNoble: That's correct. Child companies that you start up via 'Investments' are totally dependent on their parent company for staffing. Developmental companies result from agreements with other companies to accept your developmental workers. They're private entities so they hire their own staffs. Think of the old WWF/OVW arrangement. Danny Davis owned OVW (at the time) and hired his own staff but WWF sent developmental workers to the promotion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They can't?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, in this years game there is no option for dev territory or child company, and while RiPW (SWF dev company) signs workers, I don't think a dev company you set up does.</p><p> </p><p> Also, my dev company worked completely fine with no-one apart from wrestlers, so I dont think anyone else is needed. I sent people down there just incase, but I doubt I need to</p>

<p>Whenever someone comes into a region with a popularity below 17 they seem to get stuck at 17. For example I brought several Japanese wrestlers over to compete for 2001 WCW and not one of them has gone above 17 overall. The same thing happens in my development territory. So say I sign Teddy Hart who has no popularity in America yet I can get him to 17 overall and then he just stalls out. This happens with literally every worker I have that falls into that parameter. It doesn't matter if I use them in angles or matches. I've tried using them with more popular workers thinking maybe that had something to do with it. </p><p>

I've started a new game with every single patch thinking maybe it was a bug. I thought maybe promotion size had something to do with it but that wouldn't make since considering WCW is bigger than my child company. </p><p>

I've tried combing someone stuck at a 17 with someone with a higher rating, usually 55-65 to see if getting higher match ratings would help and that hasn't worked either. </p><p>

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or maybe I need to delete the mod and start over, it's one I converted from when the demo came out but I put a lot of time into getting it somewhat decent so I'm trying to avoid that if I can. </p><p>

Has anyone had a similar issue?</p>

Are they beating the wrestlers more popular than them?

My roster of my Tiny promotion stalled at 17 for a while. But these were no names just fighting each other. I needed to bring in 'stars' and have my guys beat them to get over the hump.

Whenever someone comes into a region with a popularity below 17 they seem to get stuck at 17. For example I brought several Japanese wrestlers over to compete for 2001 WCW and not one of them has gone above 17 overall. The same thing happens in my development territory. So say I sign Teddy Hart who has no popularity in America yet I can get him to 17 overall and then he just stalls out. This happens with literally every worker I have that falls into that parameter. It doesn't matter if I use them in angles or matches. I've tried using them with more popular workers thinking maybe that had something to do with it.

I've started a new game with every single patch thinking maybe it was a bug. I thought maybe promotion size had something to do with it but that wouldn't make since considering WCW is bigger than my child company.

I've tried combing someone stuck at a 17 with someone with a higher rating, usually 55-65 to see if getting higher match ratings would help and that hasn't worked either.

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or maybe I need to delete the mod and start over, it's one I converted from when the demo came out but I put a lot of time into getting it somewhat decent so I'm trying to avoid that if I can.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

The tolerance for this is apparently going to get adjusted today to improve the ability to generate overness at lower ends versus performance. :)

1. Pictures

From inside a running game; on my roster screen i click on abyss, and then click on his default picture. abyss' profile pops open with his pic from the pictures folder, but i can't save it so that his picture sticks. do i need to edit everyone's pictures in the editing area instead? Even when I do that, the updates aren't reflected in the game save. I have to start a new game to have the updates recognised. I'm sure i've seen youtube videos where someone is in a live game and says 'oh, he shouldn't be Abyss right now, he should be Joseph Park', and they change their picture right there, and either rename a wrestler, or edit it to use the alter ego.

2. Alter Egos

I thought you could do something this year to see two alter egos as seperate characters? So you could have Abyss in segment 1 and Joseph Park in segment 4? Does that extend to your roster page, so you can see both egos listed as seperate roster members?

How do I release someone?

How do I activate an Inactive unit?

1. Go to the workers profile. Click the left or right arrow on the popularity tab. You should see their contract info.

2. Assuming you mean a tag team? If so you can go to Office > Creative > Teams

Or at the bottom you can make Teams one of your shortcuts. I believe it may be a default. You go to the team and pick your desired role(Individuals, Unit, Perm Unit)