TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I still can't work this out :( I keep using 'turn' on the road agent notes but the guy is still a babyface

During your show are you clicking the handle changes button for the segment you want to turn the person on? If you have the current skins and colors it should be on the bottom left and be yellow.

Are they beating the wrestlers more popular than them?

My roster of my Tiny promotion stalled at 17 for a while. But these were no names just fighting each other. I needed to bring in 'stars' and have my guys beat them to get over the hump.

This is what I ended up having to do. I had to sign some workers that were between 25-30 and have my 17 ratings go over them a time or two depending on the person.

There aren't enough women wrestlers with decent US popularity so I have to kind of cheat there and when they are stuck at 17 I'm editing them to 20 in the regions they're 17 at. I just did this so I need to give it a bit to see what happens.

Is there a way to do an angle where one guy is cutting the promo and his manager is just standing there looking pretty? (Think Penelope Ford with Kip Sabian, Pieter with the Bullet Club, Miho with Taichi, Lana with Rusev sometimes, Catrina with Mil Muertes kind of)

The product I'm using severely limits the rating of a sex appeal angle (pretty much cap it at 20) which makes sense if it's an Attitude Era WWE style segment but not the one I have in mind where the manager plays a minor role imo

I'm using a freestyle angle and I have one guy rated on entertainment while his manager rated on sex appeal fwiw. Tried lowering the segment down to only 3 minutes and still getting the segment rating capped at 20.

You don't necessarily need to use all your Stars and Major Stars on every single TV show. You mostly will have to if all you're events are Normal intent.

If you don't have your own broadcaster, grade requirements will also be higher for events, I believe. Also, all of your workers will try harder on events, which results in better grades, but also higher fatigue and injury chance.

Mildly positive, but not really worth sacrificing growth and ticket sales for. I've been running 2-4 events a month in my RTG game for a few years, and the only injuries I've had are caused by particularly unsafe workers. I imagine if I was using a higher impact product that would be a factor.

I might run a test of two. In real life TV helps gets eyes on the product. That's where you showcase stars. But it seems to be a detriment to growing your company in this game. It was like that in TEW'16 too, but I felt there were restrictions. PPV selling worse if you have no TV? Or was that TEW'13?

I've searched for this one a few different ways and came up with nothing but I know it's been asked so apologies for dredging it up again.

I want to sign a PPV deal, but I also want to leave my options to move to a bigger provider open in the near future. The provider I am looking at wants a minimum of 12 events, but I only want a single year deal. Currently we only run 6 PPVs a year.

What is the effect of a 12 episode 1 year deal under those parameters? Does the length just roll on at the end of that 1 year until I meet the 12 show requirement, or do I face some kind of penalty and/or breach of contract for not meeting the 12 shows in that time frame?

I've never actually come across what happens when the contract ends before you've done the required number of events. But I will say that I have had points where I'd done a lot fewer than what they asked for by the time the contract was up and they were still happy to re-negotiate. In that sense you can sign on those deals every year without ever having to actually do twelve in a year.

But of course signing onto a new provider means you have to finish the old one first. Additionally that's only talking with 2016 experience, I haven't had a long enough game in 2020 to see this there yet. It's possible it works differently now.

I've never actually come across what happens when the contract ends before you've done the required number of events. But I will say that I have had points where I'd done a lot fewer than what they asked for by the time the contract was up and they were still happy to re-negotiate. In that sense you can sign on those deals indefinitely without ever having to do twelve in a year.

But of course signing onto a new provider means you have to finish the old one first. Additionally that's only talking with 2016 experience, I haven't had a long enough game in 2020 to see this there yet. It's possible it works differently now.

That's another wonky issue I'm dealing with here.

So in the mod I am playing my company came with a PPV deal with a provider that it turns out isn't set to open until 19 months after the game starts. But they've been showing my events for almost a year. Which means I can't see them as a broadcaster to see or even cancel my deal with them. I don't know how long it runs, or if this deal will put me in any kind of catch 22 with them. I feel like I'm waist deep in a pickle here, and I don't want to torpedo my game flying blind lol

That's another wonky issue I'm dealing with here.

So in the mod I am playing my company came with a PPV deal with a provider that it turns out isn't set to open until 19 months after the game starts. But they've been showing my events for almost a year. Which means I can't see them as a broadcaster to see or even cancel my deal with them. I don't know how long it runs, or if this deal will put me in any kind of catch 22 with them. I feel like I'm waist deep in a pickle here, and I don't want to torpedo my game flying blind lol

Well that shouldn't even be possible. You should report that in tech support.

Well that shouldn't even be possible. You should report that in tech support.

Yeah that was kind of my thought as well. I only recently discovered that when I started looking at this move. It would never come up in searches but I couldn't figure out why. I went to the editor and it was in the broadcasters so I figured it was still working as intended, so...

But then I opened it up in the database editor to see if I could understand the issue, and that's when I saw it didn't even open up until so much later after the game started.

I'm playing WCW 1991 and it's a deal on the Turner PPV service. I don't qualify for the deal organically so maybe it's just supposed to be an honor system thing where you don't use the provider until it opens and I just missed that.

I think that may be what it is. The broadcasters that size that I have done deals with so far all want exclusive rights to the footage in their area, but this deal does not. That would allow me to hold that broadcaster "on the shelf" until they open while still getting another PPV deal elsewhere since when that broadcaster DOES launch my product is basically thrust upon them whether they want it or not.

I think that seems to clarify everything, though.

Yeah that was kind of my thought as well. I only recently discovered that when I started looking at this move. It would never come up in searches but I couldn't figure out why. I went to the editor and it was in the broadcasters so I figured it was still working as intended, so...

But then I opened it up in the database editor to see if I could understand the issue, and that's when I saw it didn't even open up until so much later after the game started.

I'm playing WCW 1991 and it's a deal on the Turner PPV service. I don't qualify for the deal organically so maybe it's just supposed to be an honor system thing where you don't use the provider until it opens and I just missed that.

I think that may be what it is. The broadcasters that size that I have done deals with so far all want exclusive rights to the footage in their area, but this deal does not. That would allow me to hold that broadcaster "on the shelf" until they open while still getting another PPV deal elsewhere since when that broadcaster DOES launch my product is basically thrust upon them whether they want it or not.

I think that seems to clarify everything, though.

It's an interesting thought. You'll probably be asked to send your save and maybe a copy of the database itself.

With any luck, there might be a Remote Assistance Code added for this that'll help fix your save so you can resolve this and keep going. You can try requesting that as well.

Is there any way to delete or edit Broadcasters in-game? I converted my 2014 data and forgot to assign Broadcasters to Cable/Terrestrial etc and don't want to start a new game.

Unrelated, and because there's no place to really put this...that Placement addition to the PM Booking screen makes the game 100% more enjoyable

Quick Question. In older games if you had a person on loan and the loan expired their titles became vacated(If they held any). Now i'm i just crazy or did Adam write something about this not being the case for TEW 2020. That you had to vacate the title yourself basically which gives the opportunity to bring the worker back at a later date to defend the title again.

Is this the case or did i just totally make it up in my head? :)

<p>Two questions.</p><p> </p><p>

Do High Risk Moves in Product mean stuff where you could kill yourself or the opponent? I assume this is the case and not just top-rope moves.</p><p> </p><p>

And does Story Telling really hurt match quality? The story of the match is way more important than the moves used to tell it. Or does that vary by Product?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MikeSc" data-cite="MikeSc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Two questions.<p> </p><p> Do High Risk Moves in Product mean stuff where you could kill yourself or the opponent? I assume this is the case and not just top-rope moves.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> High Risk is anything where there's an increased chance the worker OR his opponent might get hurt doing the move. Not just top rope stuff.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>And does Story Telling really hurt match quality? The story of the match is way more important than the moves used to tell it. Or does that vary by Product?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It doesn't necessarily hurt the rating. Workers will 'hold back' even on PPVs, but that doesn't necessarily cause a lower rating (if going all out, or even at normal pace, would've caused stamina penalties for instance you'll probably get a better rating for the story telling match).</p><p> </p><p> If you're running a PPV main event between Wolf Hawkins and Aaron Andrews you don't want it to be story telling. But if you're running Enygma Vs Chris Caulfield it might work better.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mikeyboywonder15" data-cite="mikeyboywonder15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm trying to create my own company. When I go to create a new save though, I get errors saying they're all inactive. How can I change them to active in the editor?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You need to make sure their Set to Open date is before the database's start date.</p>

I would argue that a Flying Crossbody is just about the lowest risk move possible from the top rope, aide from simply getting back down again (although a fair few people have messed that up in the past...).

I would agree. My initial reading of it is that things like a 450 or a SSP would not fly. But if you did something like a top rope senton it would be fine. Just not the Jeff Hardy/Sasuke style where you wait til the last second to flip into the senton.

And no super dangerous head drops/Japanese back suplexes, etc. I would think too.

I was looking through the Product more carefully and thought it was weird. No High Risk Moves, but aerial is not ignored in calculating matches. So it had to be the less stupid aerial stuff, like crossbodies, sentons, at best maybe a moonsault? Then again, Vader did a moonsault and he almost crushed Kobashi's head once with his leg.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="84paradigmshift" data-cite="84paradigmshift" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to give a bonus to all workers at once anymore?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. The drop down menu with all the wrestlers has "Entire Roster" in it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How often can a monster lose before they cease to be a monster? Vader can't be tapping out to Shamrock every week.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This got skipped a couple pages ago, so allow me to clarify my question.</p><p> </p><p> I've always struggled with monsters and giants. If I have a guy like Vader, I find him far more difficult to book than he should be. For him to be booked as a dominant force, then seemingly by definition he needs to run through the roster facing little resistance along the way. In reality, him losing clean, especially by submission, would hurt the mystique of the character. Are there any game mechanics that makes him less valuable if he loses clean on occasion? If he taps out in a match, does it make him less effective in his role, or is this one of those scenarios where the game is just a string of numbers, and I'm overthinking everything again?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This got skipped a couple pages ago, so allow me to clarify my question.<p> </p><p> I've always struggled with monsters and giants. If I have a guy like Vader, I find him far more difficult to book than he should be. For him to be booked as a dominant force, then seemingly by definition he needs to run through the roster facing little resistance along the way. In reality, him losing clean, especially by submission, would hurt the mystique of the character. Are there any game mechanics that makes him less valuable if he loses clean on occasion? If he taps out in a match, does it make him less effective in his role, or is this one of those scenarios where the game is just a string of numbers, and I'm overthinking everything again?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You are overthinking things, which is good and bad. </p><p> </p><p> On the game side of things, unless your worker has as part of his gimmick variables that losses hurt him more, than in the game, it doesn't matter, aside from obviously hurting his momentum and everything else. </p><p> </p><p> On the other hand, in reality, look at how Vader was pushed in real life, pre-Hogan - even in matches he lost, he kicked the absolute crap out of people, and even The Guy like Ric Flair or Sting more accurately survived a match against Vader, than actually lost against him. </p><p> </p><p> In game, you can either do that by having him dominate a match if it's short, or put protect notes on his losses, or make sure the match is 'open' if he's losing. Also, angle wise, even if he does lose, he can always heat himself up by killing people again on the shows after that show. </p><p> </p><p> The biggest problem the WWE had during the SuperCena era, for example, wasn't that Cena won all the time. Hogan won all the time. Bruno won all the time. The problem is the WWE had no plans for heels after they lost to Cena, so they became directionless.</p>