TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

What's a good amount of money to give yourself to start in a local company for a local-global game? I tried 50k but went bankrupt since everyone kept asking for SIGNIFICANTLY more money after a few months.

What database are you using? Usually I start out with either 1k if I want the challenge or 50k for something easier.

<p>If I sign Iron Clad Written Deal but not Exclusive, does this prohibit a worker from signing exclusive somewhere else?</p><p> </p><p>

I basically want several guys who can work anywhere - but can't sign an exclusive deal anywhere. Is this possible, or does allowing non-exclusive come with the inherent risk?</p><p> </p><p>

If so, I will just have to sign them all exclusive instead.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I sign Iron Clad Written Deal but not Exclusive, does this prohibit a worker from signing exclusive somewhere else?<p> </p><p> I basically want several guys who can work anywhere - but can't sign an exclusive deal anywhere. Is this possible, or does allowing non-exclusive come with the inherent risk?</p><p> </p><p> If so, I will just have to sign them all exclusive instead.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ironclad non-exclusive written would mean they can sign exclusive deals elsewhere, but would have to see out the remainder of their contract with you before they left.</p><p> </p><p> In other words, if I'm signed for you on that contract, and WWE offer me an exclusive deal, I'd work for both of you until my contract with you ran out (and nobody else could offer me a contract until my WWE deal got to the final month). So it doesn't really do what you want.</p><p> </p><p> There was a change in one of the recent patches that made workers on ironclad written deals much less appealing to larger companies while they still have a long time left on their contract. So it might be that nobody else DOES sign the worker exclusively, but there's nothing to actually stop them if they decide they want to.</p><p> </p><p> There's no way to stop people from signing exclusive deals, other than to get "no stealing" relationships with all the companies that are capable of doing so.</p><p> </p><p> Edit: What you probably actually want to do is make them Freelancers. Then they won't sign long contracts. So even if they do get signed exclusively, it won't be for long.</p>

I have what I think may be a bug, but I wanted to float it here before making a thread in that forum.

I have two workers who just developed a strong dislike of one another in November. Thing is, one of them has been in rehab since May. Seems wrong to me that two guys can develop a relationship (of any kind) when there's only... One guy.

Bug it?

Is it possible to convince a manager to train to wrestle?

I mean you can manually make that happen. Use the in-game editor to add wrestler as a role, and then send them to development. The caveat is it's going to take a long time to get their skills to just a decent level, and based on how they were set up in the initial editor their skills may be capped at a level that makes it not worth the time and investment it takes.

Ironclad non-exclusive written would mean they can sign exclusive deals elsewhere, but would have to see out the remainder of their contract with you before they left.

In other words, if I'm signed for you on that contract, and WWE offer me an exclusive deal, I'd work for both of you until my contract with you ran out (and nobody else could offer me a contract until my WWE deal got to the final month). So it doesn't really do what you want.

There was a change in one of the recent patches that made workers on ironclad written deals much less appealing to larger companies while they still have a long time left on their contract. So it might be that nobody else DOES sign the worker exclusively, but there's nothing to actually stop them if they decide they want to.

There's no way to stop people from signing exclusive deals, other than to get "no stealing" relationships with all the companies that are capable of doing so.

Edit: What you probably actually want to do is make them Freelancers. Then they won't sign long contracts. So even if they do get signed exclusively, it won't be for long.

I am also using Loyalty (standard not true born), which I believe further deters the will of the wrestler to sign exclusively somewhere else. I don't mind them working in other places.

I like the Freelancer. It seems like the combination of Freelancer, Loyalty (attribute, with company loyalty on and star loyalty on) will come a long way.

Thank you much.

Era setting - product trends

Was going over my mod and ran into a spot of bother.

For product trends, I'm pretty sure 'Age of Personality' refers to SE type products (and/or anything with 'episodic' in its name). Age of Nostalgia would seem to apply to anything with 'classic' in its name. But what would 'Age of Memes' refer to? I'm trying to set up the British Isles area as the traditional catch wrestling bastion, which I would think would be 'Age of Realism', but I wanted to also make Oceania a viable area. Age of Personality would make RAW a powerhouse, I'm guessing, while maybe Age of Innocence would work better for APW and ZEN. But I'm wondering if maybe Age of Memes would work better for ZEN?

As quite a few people move away from writing out diaries for their games and begin using Twitch to stream and YouTube to publish their games. Is there a space on the board - I may have missed it if I did please point me the way - where people can promote their twitchstreams or post their uploaded content to youtube just like they would a diary. Or should you just post a diary with video links?

Was going over my mod and ran into a spot of bother.

For product trends, I'm pretty sure 'Age of Personality' refers to SE type products (and/or anything with 'episodic' in its name). Age of Nostalgia would seem to apply to anything with 'classic' in its name. But what would 'Age of Memes' refer to? I'm trying to set up the British Isles area as the traditional catch wrestling bastion, which I would think would be 'Age of Realism', but I wanted to also make Oceania a viable area. Age of Personality would make RAW a powerhouse, I'm guessing, while maybe Age of Innocence would work better for APW and ZEN. But I'm wondering if maybe Age of Memes would work better for ZEN?

So, I found where it tells you if a product is on-trend. If you go to a company's profile (not the office page) and click on their Product, then the bottom right of the screen will tell you if their product is currently on trend.

Doing some very basic checking, it looks like products are not mutually exclusive. So, USPW's Family Friendly Pro Wrestling product is trending both with Age of Innocence and Age of Nostalgia. Classic Sports Entertainment looks similar. QAW trends with Age of Memes. ZEN trends with Age of Innocence. Age of Personality only seems to help RAW of the companies I've looked at. Fast and Furious trends with Age of Realism.

It looks like Age of Innocence would help ZEN and APW but not RAW.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Waylon" data-cite="John Waylon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have what I think may be a bug, but I wanted to float it here before making a thread in that forum. <p> </p><p> I have two workers who just developed a strong dislike of one another in November. Thing is, one of them has been in rehab since May. Seems wrong to me that two guys can develop a relationship (of any kind) when there's only... One guy. </p><p> </p><p> Bug it?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think so. People can develop a dislike of one another through more means than physically interacting with one another.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Thane of Fife" data-cite="Thane of Fife" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, I found where it tells you if a product is on-trend. If you go to a company's profile (not the office page) and click on their Product, then the bottom right of the screen will tell you if their product is currently on trend.<p> </p><p> Doing some very basic checking, it looks like products are not mutually exclusive. So, USPW's Family Friendly Pro Wrestling product is trending both with Age of Innocence and Age of Nostalgia. Classic Sports Entertainment looks similar. QAW trends with Age of Memes. ZEN trends with Age of Innocence. Age of Personality only seems to help RAW of the companies I've looked at. Fast and Furious trends with Age of Realism.</p><p> </p><p> It looks like Age of Innocence would help ZEN and APW but not RAW.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah, thank you! Looking at it now, it seems to make sense. Though I did notice that Guerrilla Warfare doesn't trend with anything but Grindhouse Lucha Libre (EMLL) trends with Meme when I would've thought it would trend with Extreme.</p>

How do you get money from development? My child company costs me money every month but in the finances screen the money taken in from development always says 0 and when I check the finances for the child company every month it just says I broke even.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slash-LN" data-cite="Slash-LN" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you get money from development? My child company costs me money every month but in the finances screen the money taken in from development always says 0 and when I check the finances for the child company every month it just says I broke even.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Profits and losses are transferred to the parent company so you're balance will always go to zero at the end of every month. If you check the finances of the parent company, If there's nothing in the profits section then it's not making any money.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TOTKingNothing" data-cite="TOTKingNothing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't think so. People can develop a dislike of one another through more means than physically interacting with one another.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sure. But someone sent to rehab? Someone who is supposed to be totally isolated from the outside world? I take issue with that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Waylon" data-cite="John Waylon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sure. But someone sent to rehab? Someone who is supposed to be totally isolated from the outside world? I take issue with that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The main thing about it is to do with the way the game handles and displays these things. . It could be just the one available guy deciding he hates the guy in rehab(for whatever reason), but it's displayed as a two way relationship with both guys hating each other because the game can't have multiple or one way relationships between the same two workers. .</p>

Profits and losses are transferred to the parent company so you're balance will always go to zero at the end of every month. If you check the finances of the parent company, If there's nothing in the profits section then it's not making any money.

That makes sense. Thank you.